Spoiler In This Life, I Will Be The Lord / 이번 생은 가주가 되겠습니다'

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the spoilers :blob_plusone:
    I found this on the artist’s twitter, so cute :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    upload_2021-5-4_17-40-44.jpeg
    upload_2021-5-4_17-42-22.jpeg

2. maggiesaus

maggiesaus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to correct/clarify the spoiler here about Pellet company being run by Vestian when it is really run by Clarivan/Tia/Violet (Tia is head boss). Clarivan's last name is Pellet, and Tia told Clarivan to invite Maria.
    I figured it would make sense to be Clarivan instead of Vestian but definitely wanted to make sure in case it got confusing. I've seen spoiler threads where a slight misinterpretation set off a lot of angry readers who dropped a good series due to false spoilers ^_^;;

Another thing to mention about Shannanet's divorce is that Vestian's real estate acquisitions/house for his mistress was "purchased" with a shift in property approved by Viege, who is in charge of that in the Lombardy assets. Basically, Viege knew about Vestian's mistress and implicitly approved of Vestian's actions by helping him obtain a house for Vestian's lover and their trysts.

3. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the rest of Lombardi, especially grandpa and Shannanet, know about Viege actions in this case of giving Vestian and his mistress a place? If yes, any repercussion?

crystalleciel likes this.
  4. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if he learns it, he let his son go after telling him his grandson beat up MC with a wooden sword, and she is unconscious at the hospital. I don't really have hope for this character

Lilyworld and rock.doll like this.
  5. Scarlet Feather

Scarlet Feather Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I should have explained/worded it better. I blame my 12 AM self thinking it would be okay and that everyone knew about Clarivan and his family situation.
    I totally forgot that Viege was the one that helped Vestian get the house! Or maybe it's just I don't like Viege/has a low presence in my mind and hope to hear less about him soon.

SayuriMou, maggiesaus and Sitron17 like this.
  6. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    When Lulac (grandfather) faints one day (Tia suffered a shoulder injury trying to break his fall), Viege takes over for the month that Estira told Lulac to recover. Obviously it doesn't even take a quarter of that time for all the vassal lords and managers and such to see firsthand how incompetent Viege is, and they finally all go talk to Lulac about it. At the time there's a counterfeit check circulating and Viege brushed it off saying there's only a couple, come back when there's a lot. The lord in charge of the bank asks Viege to address this problem at least twice but still doesn't get a serious plan of action, so the lord turns to Shannanet. Shannanet comes in with the lords to see Lulac, requests Viege to come too so that she can ask to officially take over the temporary head position. Viege, the sexist trash, accuses Shannanet of making Lombardi a laughingstock and ruining their reputation because she's a woman who wants to be the head. Shannenet is queen when she responds that she has nothing to be ashamed of, and shouldn't it be Viege who is the one who should be ashamed for not only knowing but also helping Vestian with acquiring a house for his extramarital affair? (making a laughingstock of Lombardi and ruining their reputation) In front of Lulac and the lords and Tia hiding in the room lol. Viege was too shocked to say anything back because he didn't know she knew haha.

Viege basically can't answer questions about what he's accomplished in his time as temporary head, and Shannanet shows everyone how to tell apart the fake checks.

Viege storms out of the room, slams the door, and this is when Shannanet sees Tia's face as Viege leaves: instead of the expected fear/surprise at such a loud, sudden noise as expected from a 12 year old, Tia's expression is of pure triumph and satisfaction at seeing what had happened.

In the end, Shannanet became temporary head, Viege went to his Angenas father in law's resort to hide his face, and Lulac decided to take an extra month break because Shannanet is just that good

This is when Shannanet tells Tia she knows there's more than meets the eye about Tia, how Tia gathered all her good cousins, Clarivan, etc. And tells her that she will buy time as head of Lombardi until Tia can become matriarch. Since Tia sees that her aunt trusts her, Tia gives Shannanet the info of the person making counterfeit checks and hints that rather than sending that person to jail, using him to make an even better check, hard to counterfeit, would make Shannanet and thus Lombardi rise in esteem. It's funny because Tia gives the man's location as a gift in exchange for that trust and Shannanet says you can't "gift a man" lol.

There's a time skip after this since Perez had gone to the academy.
    Apologies for any typos!

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  7. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I was going to say; you dont have to worry she does become the head temporarily until Tia becomes fully the head - she also runs her own business finally as well. Shes a great character and its nice to see her and Tia getting along. as for the black sheep in the family.. hes just a bully with no business sense or economic sense or even political sense. Which is why the family was destroyed. But hey the entire line accept for his daughter is disinherited and sent to the guest house annex - only she is allowed to still call herself by their name and to come back and enter the home whenever she pleases as she is always welcome (Grandpa is proud of her if nothing else)

---------------------

Random question how long in the Manhwa until we get to see Estrias "Boss" get fired. Just looking for a guesstimate

8. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't buy it. The family was destroy because the capable people acte like their are brain dead in the first timeline.
    Okay V-thing I forget his name is stupid as hell. But when his son say to Clarivan his TEACHER "My dad tell me it's unsuitable for a noble to touch money" :blobexpressionless: so he can't sell the log who was a school work. In a family know for his business that should be more than alarming. :facepalm: There is the cloth business V-thing who became the most humiliating business of the family too.
    Yet, somehow it's this guy who inherit. :blob_thor:

Shendee90, fallscorpio and Lilyworld like this.
  9. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it because Shahanet refused to inherit and Gallahan died too early?

Although I have to wonder, why not Tia? I mean, the grandpa only knew of Tia's capability when she handled the works when he was already too old and sick so did he die before he could pass it to her or did he deliberately chose to not pass it to her? If the latter, why?

Creolenerd and fallscorpio like this.
  10. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong but --
    My understanding is that Tia's father died when she was between ages 10-12 due to the at-the-time incurable sickness (cure was discovered 3 years after his death). Shannanet was humiliated after Vestian successfully stole a lot of Lombardi money, ruined her mining business, and then publicly divorced her to marry his mistress - she went to the countryside and lived in obscurity with no supporters. Her twin sons left Lombardi to become Scholes (Vestian's family). Astalieu's father was the not-smart one who followed whatever Viege wanted.

Also, Tia was too young and most significantly didn't have power. No lessons from Clarivan, either. No knowledge of the future to use to her advantage. Without her father's existence, and more importantly without the success that her father earned this timeline, she was literally a nobody and people (Viege, Bellesac, the ones WITH power) made fun of her for being half-commoner. The servants didn't think much of her - we even saw early on how their attitudes changed towards her after her father's business took off (manhwa already covered this). That means she was denied the opportunity to accomplish things. Viege was arrogant and had a head start just because there was always the unspoken acceptance that as the eldest male child, he was to inherit. Her grandfather didn't think much of Tia's potential because she never had the opportunity to show it. And we know that he regrets not having known of her before Viege took over in the first timeline, but that's not his nor Tia's fault - again, no reason to believe Tia had the skills when she didn't have the chance to prove anything and was so young. And she started at the bottom of the working roles since she had no connections to capable people to help her start at a better place. She simply started being involved in Lombardy too late.

Viege became patriarch because Lulac literally had no choice. Literally as in he lost his eyesight and was bedridden up until his death because there was no one else who could take over with Gallahan dead and Shannanet out of the picture and not even in town. Tia was old enough to help at this point but it was too late to change the tide of favor or usurp Viege because she had no accomplishments or people to back her up. Viege would've taken over a significant chunk of work when Tia was 12 or 13 to my understanding, and Lulac would've worsened his condition by trying to come back sooner from his first onset of illness to the point that he couldn't. Tia was in her early 20s? when she died in the first timeline, so that's YEARS of Viege going unchecked and ruining Lombardy before Tia and Lulac got close.

11. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to add a little detail that I think all of us (well, majority, me too in a way) overlooked .....check the 1st chapter. In the 1st timeline (or when she recalls her past? memories) Florentia was a transmigrator -- died in Korea, born in this novel/world. So, um, in this timeline ...is she also a transmigrator with special powers to see alternatives thus choosing to change her future ...or what? I'm a little confused haha.

Also, considering she was a transmigrator, then her 1st timeline is really ....lame(ish)? I mean, OK, not everyone can or should be OP when transmigrating from our world to medieval-esque times, hell, if I had to be in this position, pretty sure I would die the next day haha. BUT considering that Tia was still recognized by the patriarch of the family at that time, Rulak/Lulac, and being adored by her father ...well, she could do something with servants disrespect, or showing herself in front of her grandpa, or get Clerivan's attention using good logical thinking at young age by using simple basic skill from modern times (simple calculus or negotiating skills are not that hard but would give a huge advantage compared to kids her age at those medieval time, hell even to some adults *cough* Viege *cough*), .....or like at least 20% of actions she is doing in current timeline. This is what is confusing for me, I mean being a transmigration she was too meek to showcase her presence just a little so that Clarivan or grandpa can see her potential. In the last case, just use your super cuteness to get others adoration and pity ...can also work in some ways to survive. In 1st timeline she was mainly sticking to her coward-but-cute father, accepting being beaten by her cousins, etc. ...considering she's a transmigrator, and in Korea she was old enough when she died, I mean not an infant ...a young girl (i presume approx.16 to 25-ish y.o. can include 'a young girl' ...?) which means had enough comprehension abilities to think and analyse on how to survive and/or plan for a good life.

[​IMG]

PS. I just took the screenshot googling webtoon name and chapter 1, so no copyright or any type of infringement from my part intended, really. If the TL group or anyone who thinks is their translations and thinks I should delete this, let me know. Peace :blobxd:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also to the point on the worst one taking over the family in the FTL Shannet remains the best to take over ; but even in the NTL she doesn't want it - in the FTL she wouldnt want it even more than she didn't want it now ; the issues with her shitbag of a husband and all that happened and such (her brother helping that along to secure his position because..,hes a shit bag lol) Shannet is one of the best Allies Tia has in this time same for Shannet though Tia supports her as well. (Well Tia respects the heck out of her and with good reason)

her 'power' is the reason she goes back 'in time' im not 100% sure of the translation as it was MTL very google MTL lol so its either she went forward and saw the future and all that was 'what would have been' or she went back and reset the clock to 'what was' either way that is a power is inherited from her mother; her mothers clan (which eventually will come to her [Tia] for sanctuary [prophecy] her mother had a very powerful* and rare form of the power and its use was involuntary she saw her entire future in vivid detail down to the minute detail including the loving husband (Gal) she would marry and the little bundle of joy she would have in Tia - the issue was it shortened her span of time by a good amount - by that point she chose to leave and go to the 'him' anyway because to paraphrase kinda 'how could she turn away from such love' and either way the power was already used. One of the differences between her and Tia is she is a pure clan blood line and Tia is a half so .. that protects her from the negative effects I think? and Tia only gets one use of the power as well. It doesnt come from Korea it comes from her mothers blood line in this world. Hopefully my ramble answered something question wise lmao

Shendee90, Peerly, Riroza18 and 12 others like this.
  13. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link

I understood the part with her mom and all that jazz, similar to "Lucia" and "The Great Wish" --- so I don't have a problem with this. It's just that this part in 1st chapter with 'im also from Korea' is kinda ...useless? I feel like the author tried to kinda put everything at the beginning or didn't know which way to take but then followed with just one thing - Tia's mom powers. And then, during the revision why didn't the editors ...well, I presume that author-sama has at least 1 editor, or the publishing company check this detail and maybe suggest to remove it bc it's basically useless in the long-run. I find this funny and just wanted to know of others saw this detail.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  14. Artemis1218

Artemis1218 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, is there any spoiler or what chapter in novel where the MC's family found out about her being the real owner of Pellet Corporation?

Lilyworld and Dvenger like this.
  15. SayuriMou

SayuriMou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Yanderelover

Yanderelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did tia also go to the academy? ( Sorry if my English is bad)

17. sr19191

sr19191 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No...

18. vanee

vanee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading the novel and I just had to share this sweet moment between Perez and Tia, when Perez is about to leave for the academy.

[Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2023