Spoiler Watashi no Okaa-sama wa Tsuihou sareta Moto Akuyaku Reijou Deshita - Heimin Busu Megane no Gekokujou

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by starryriverbank, Mar 8, 2021.

1. starryriverbank

starryriverbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Watashi no Okaa-sama wa Tsuihou sareta Moto Akuyaku Reijou Deshita - Heimin Busu Megane no Gekokujou (My Mother Was a Prosecuted Ex-villainess - The Ascendance of an Ugly Four-eyed Commoner, 私のお母様は追放された元悪役令嬢でした 平民ブスメガネの下剋上)
    [​IMG]

Description:

"Your identity must never be revealed. Your eyes and your hair would inconvenience both your mother and the people of the kingdom…"
    The mother of Ashley, who is a fifteen-year-old girl, was called a villainess, got prosecuted, and then kidnapped.
    As result, she has conceived a child, Ashley, who was later told that she shared the same eye and hair color as the man who had kidnapped her mother.
    She wears glasses and an Alice band that use the power of magic to make her look disagreeable in others' eyes, and thus gets called an "ugly four-eyes". Unable to make any friends, Ashley used to lead an academy life of loneliness and solitude…
    However, after her encounter with a mysterious creature, the throne prince grows interested in her…?

Link: https://mangadex.org/title/63015/wa...eijou-deshita-heimin-busu-megane-no-gekokujou

Hey there,
    I just found this manga on mangadex and I'm really curious about the story.
    Would be full great if someone who has already read it gives some spoilers:
    • about the butler?
    • the mother and her past?
    • who is her father?
    • what is the secret behind her birth?
    • and what the cat on the cover has to do with all this?
    I'm super curious:blobpeek:, so thanks already for any tiny spoiler:blobparty:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    toleneram, Chorkie, Xi-hime and 8 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Xi-hime likes this.
  3. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved the manga so after that 1st chapter I immediately went to read the novel! I'm on chapter 37, as I used google translate maybe what I interpreted is not that accurate, but this is what I could gather:

* As far as Ashley knows her mother "Maria" was a noble daughter that was framed for a crime she didn't commit, her family disowned her, and then a noble with silver hair and purple eyes took advantage of her mother in her precarious situation, kidnapped and violated her, but luckily her mother's faithful servant Elliot managed to save her. And it was him from whom Ashley learnt that she is a product of rape.

* Because her mother is a former aristocratic lady she has no housekeeping skills, so it all falls on Elliot and Ashley, be it cooking or cleaning. He also makes her wear a magical hairband and glasses that will change her true hair and eyes colours, since they are the same as the man who raped her mother. Elliot is sickeningly devoted to her mother "Maria", and Ashley doesn't mind that she has to use the hairband and eyeglasses if that helps her mother's health, because she loves her mother and knows her mother does too. He also teaches Ashley a prayer that supposedly is for health and good luck "Ambo Rosa Scent May", and she is to say it everyday before sleeping.

* While her mother does have some sort of income as she gives it to poor people, so their household finances are not the best. Ashley manages to find a job that requires her to copy books and other documents. She uses this to cover her expenses.

* One day, a transfer student stars attending the academy, her name is Amy Mowbray, from a Count family. When she introduces herself I couldn't understand very well if she is a former commoner (as if maybe her mother married the Count) or if she is an illegitimate child who was recently recognized by the family. She is instantly welcomed by everyone, as she is friendly and cute.

* So as everyone may guess the reincarnated otome game heroine shenanigans begin, just on the first day it seems Amy charms their teacher Mr. Muller and their Marquis' son classmate. Meanwhile Ashley is just minding her own business, as Elliot told her to not stand out so people won't find her mother, she does that, not even dreaming of making friends with other commoners attending school with her.

* One day after she goes to an old shady shop, which is connected to her copying job, she gets an old book to copy and after she leaves, she finds a wet tiny kitten and decides to bring it back to the dorm where she lives. Apparently nobody else can see the kitten, they even wonder if maybe Ashley needs to see a doctor or something as she keeps talking to the "imaginary cat". She names the kitten, now more bigger, the size of an adult cat, Budosh, even if she doesnt know what it actually is, she knows it's not a normal cat, as it has two tails, a mark on its forehead and likes alcohol. Budosh follows her around, keeps growing bigger and bigger, and seems to be very protective of her.

* Not much later she decides to do some research about the charm that Elliot taught her, so she goes to the royal library, where she wouldn't be able to go as a commoner if it weren't for the fact that she is a student of the Floss Academy. There she finds that that prayer is the "hermit magic" but she doesn't fully understand what it means. As she was looking for the magic books, she meets the 1st prince, Christopher, and his guard, Gerard, son of a viscount. Christopher seems to be able to see Budosh and asks her about it, but Ashley feigns ignorance and says she doesn't see anything.

* Amy keeps being the typical otome game heroine, she gets close with the sons of influential figures of the country, calls them by their first name even if they outrank her, and particularly gets super close with the 2nd prince Henry, who has a fiance already, Charlotte Hereford, the daughter of a marquis, who as you may guess is shaped out to be the typical ""villainess"", you know, just a proper noble lady telling Amy to behave correctly, like telling her to not run on the hallways because it could be dangerous, asking her to not call her fiance by his first name,etc. Ashley seems to see something that she calls "moyamoya"/like a sort of foggy or cloudy thing, she sees it in different colours depending the time and place...

* One day as Ashley is eating lunch, at the secluded place in the backyard where she always eats, Christopher comes over to talk to her, as he is saying that even if she is a commoner she should feel free to speak to him since he is also the student council president and they are all students in the school.. Amy suddenly appears, totally ignoring Ashley's existence, and calls him by his first name and asks him to come with her, Christopher tells her to not call him by his name, that she shouldn't be so intimate and while they are all students she should keep manners into account, but she insists to call him by his name and says that Henry (2nd Prince), Mr Muller (the teacher), the Marquis' Son, and etc etc, they all said that i's ok and she should be able to call him by his name too... Christopher keeps telling her not to, but Amy sticks close to him anyways and calls him Chris... Ashley sees that the moyamoya surrounding Amy is a purplish shade, and feels really scared of Amy, as the moyamoya revolves around Amy and Christopher, Budosh goes over them and starts "eating" the moyamoya, then Christopher excuses himself and goes back, and Amy follows him.

* Afterwards Christopher goes to Ashley's dorm, alongside his guard and a hooded man. He tells her that he came to inquire more about Budosh, and tells her that he is a "sacred beast". They also reveal that they know she is disguising herself, and demand that she stops using her glasses and hairband, Ashley hesitates as she has promised Elliot to never reveal her true looks, but as she is forced to do it, she at least finds comfort in that because of their youth (Chris and Gerard) they won't know how her mother looks like and she just prays that the hooded man may be someone who doesn't know of her mother... But he knows!

* The hooded man is a priest named Damian Jaron, and with only one look, just as Elliot had told her people would, he recognizes Ashley as the daughter of Cecilia Abbington, the daughter of Duke Abbington. Ashleys says that her mother's name is Maria, though internally acknowledging that Cecilia is most likely her mother's real name, and that they are both commoners, she even tells them that there is supposedly 3 people in the world that look alike. They insist that she must be Cecilia's daughter, and even say that they know she was framed and actually innocent, but everyone thought that Cecilia had perished and are surprised that she is alive, and Christopher even says that he knows who Ashley's father is based on her silver hair and purple eyes, she just keeps saying that she is a commoner and denies everything.

* They also say that besides the disguising tools she wore she seems to have another type of magic surrounding her. Ashley feels quite troubled and distressed with all of this happening, and Budosh sensing that bites Christopher's hand, which prompts Ashley to acknowledge Budosh as her own and assuring Christopher that she will take responsibility for that. As the prince entourage is leaving they notice the book that she was copying and ask her how does she have a book that was stolen form the palace library, she replies that she works copying books and documents and that she didn't know about the book being stolen, they take the book, speak a bit more and then he says that he will come get her in a few days and that he will take care of her... She is so exhausted afterwards that she goes directly to sleep without saying the charm.

* The next day, strangely people start to acknowledge her! They say hi to her, the teachers ask her to solve problems on the blackboard, etc... That fills her with joy, she doesn't understand what happened but she feels that is nice, but is also that she as a sinful child doesnt deserve that happiness. Christopher approaches her and talking to him makes her realize that the reason people notice her is because she didn't say the charm Elliot taught before going to sleep (the day before Christopher and company told her that the charm, the "hermit magic" is what makes her invisible towards the rest of the world), she inquires about what sins Cecilia Abbington was accused of, he doesn't tell her because it would be a long story, but promises that when he comes find her next weekend he will.

I will keep writing later today or maybe tomorrow... I'm tired now hahaha~ Also maybe there are some grammatical mistakes as english is not my first language, sorry!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  4. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your identity must never be revealed. Your eyes and your hair would inconvenience both your mother and the people of the kingdom…" The mother of Ashley, who is a fifteen-year-old girl, was called a villainess, got prosecuted, and then kidnapped. As result, she has conceived a child, Ashley, who was later told that she shared the same eye and hair color as the man who had kidnapped her mother. She wears glasses and an Alice band that use the power of magic to make her look disagreeable in others' eyes, and thus gets called an "ugly four-eyes". Unable to make any friends, Ashley used to lead an academy life of loneliness and solitude… However, after her encounter with a mysterious creature, the throne prince grows interested in her…?

Read more: https://www.manga-raw.club/manga/wa...eimin-busu-megane-no-gekokujou/#ixzz6oZoq1LCP
    Raw : https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5513fx/2/

5. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    As if Elliot and the "prayer" wasn't already sketchy enough, now we're having a harem wanting "heroine". Thank goodness MC has a sacred beast AND surprisingly a smart ML

Elisee, TrinaAngel, Opelia and 20 others like this.
  6. starryriverbank

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww:Thanks for the mega spoiler:bloblove:... i'm so in love:blob_pompom: ... OMG, so the butler isn't kosher after all and we can expect more of her mother's story:blobtaco: ... super curiosity again:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Haiting1536, Dobokan and Jukki like this.
  7. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is as dark as Bekio's previous novel... The mom is bonkers, it's creepy. When she got to know her life may just be a simulated game and she cannot control her own fate, she was planning behind the scenes to break that fate (which is pretty ok imo, but) using Ashley, but she never think of the consequences of her actions had harmed countless people's lives and when she felt that her beautiful life (lies) is breaking she exploded and cries so her (creepy) fairies would take her away to their (creepy) world. It's not borderline, she's definitely ill in the mental department.

Throughout the novel, Ashley as MC is rational most of the time, and also a good observer, but she still lacks common sense because she was brought up by the abusive and obsessive Elliot. Thankfully we have Crown Prince who have a stable IQ and EQ (even though the young him was a bit Chuuni -- I mean, naming his own sacred beast Edward VII The Lord of Darkness... poor guy lol) to help her out, as well as a good Papa and Master.

Honestly, as far as I've read (and with Bekio plot twist), we actually have 3 ML candidates, though dearest cousin a.k.a Crown Prince is the one with highest probability of being ML. But Ashley's Master (Cyrus? iirc) also have a chance (he's also a target capture) since he's actually her first friend the crow (also another cousin from his mother's side). And then there's the hermit Bradley who is kinda the cause of Ashley almost becoming an invisible person (the spell Ashley chant before sleep was taught by Elliot, who was told by Bradley) and now trying to redeem himself.

TLDR; Mom is bonkers and need to be contained (for the safety of herself and the world), Ashley has 3 ML candidates (2 are cousins and 1 is young-looking ojisan), and Bekio is an author that likes to expose the creepy stuff under the bright exterior of their novel.

PS: Anyone looking for Bekio's other novel, it's that Reiko who looks rich but actually poor (don't remember the exact title, only MC's name, and no, it's not the glorious Reika-sama, note the difference in one letter)

Elisee, toleneram, LynnLynn and 40 others like this.
  8. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers~~

* Even though she liked being noticed by people, the words Elliot had told all her life "to not stand out and let people know how her mother was defiled and humiliated" makes her believe that it's wrong of her to not chant the hermit prayer. So she does, and next day things go back to how it was before, nobody seems to recognize her existence.

* Meanwhile in the reincarnated otome game heroine storyline it's time for the ""vilainess' condemnation scene"... Where Prince Henry and the rest of the Heroine's followers are accusing poor Charlotte of bullying Amy and etc etc and Henry says he is going to break their engagement that Charlotte is eeevviiill and you all knooooow how this all goes~ Charlotte asks them what evidence do they have of her supposed ""evil deeds"" and whatnot, Henry and co. says that she could easily make the evidence disappear.

* Prince Christopher comes to see what this ruckus is all about, Henry goes: "Charlottteee isss evillllll and I can't let such a nasty woman get married into the royal family", Christopher replies: "Wtff she is not going to get married into the royal family, youuuu are going to get married into HER marquis family"... But Henry goes ""nottt she is evillll she was very mean to my bae"", so Amy explains that previously Charlotte had slapped her when they were in the school library.

* Which is true buuuut it wasn't just like that... At that time, Ashley and also another commoner boy were there, but obiously nobody noticed her presence at all, she then witnessed how Charlotte spoke with Amy, asking her to stop being so casual and flirty with her fiance, then Amy stars insulting Charlotte, saying how Henry doesn't even love her, that he much prefers someone as sweet and cute as her, that he won't marry someone like Charlotte, etc etc which obviously makes Charlotte angry and ends up slapping Amy... Who then cries and asks "What did I do wrong? what did I say??? sniff sniff" the commoner boy is all "hearteyes doki doki" and offers her his handkerchief and tries to console her. That same boy tries to back up Amy's claims, but Ashley speaks out and tells them that Charlotte only slapped Amy after the latter insulted her terribly.

* They doubt her, because nobody saw her, and even imply that maybe Charlotte is somewhat involved (as if maybe forced/payed her to lie), but Ashley says that she has no connection with the daughter of the Hereford Marquis House as she is only a commoner, that they even can check the library entrance records for her name. Christopher then stops all of this mockery and more or less insults his younger brother and the rest of the Heroine's harem for being fucking dumb, particularly he says how awful is for the men to attack a lady just like that. He then tells Amy that she needs to think and reflect on her actions, but she is ""uwu give me attention uwu"" and seems to release the purple moyamoya towards Christopher, but Budosh eats it all, so she keeps being ignored by Christopher and they leave her with Henry as she pouts. Christopher apologizes to Charlotte for his younger brother, she is thankful towards him and Ashley, but even as she thanks her, she too asks her if she really was there at the library with her that day.

* When Christopher comes get her they travel to a special forest, there Ashley feels very good and at peace, unlike Gerard, who while not in pain or feeling bad, doesn't feel quite well and is tired, Christopher explains that Ashley is someone who is welcomed by the forest, meanwhile Gerard is someone who is not welcomed but also not rejected. Also while they traveled they spoke a bit about the religions in the world, and explain that the royal family are practitioners of the Lunkus religion, which is a polytheistic faith, unlike the Salone religion. And once he becomes King Christopher has to participate in some rituals, so the priest Damian is one of his teachers.

(From this part onwards I'm going to I am going to summarize the things that happened, because I am quite tired and I don't remember as accurately how exactly the events unfolded)

* Inside the forest they encounter a thousand-year-old temple, they go inside and there I'm not very sure but I believe they meet both the king and like the pope/high priest/important religious person(?). They also sort of broke the last piece of magic/curse that was restricting her, the brainwashing Elliot casted on her... Which made her realize that her mother never hated her hair nor her eyes, that she always accepted her, she needn't wear the glasses nor the hairband. And then they start telling Ashley of her mother's past...
    - Cecilia Abbington was childhood friends with the current king (the then 1st prince), the 2nd prince (now duke)Rutland Maynard, and the 3rd prince whom she was betrothed to.
    - 18 years ago there was an oracle that a 15 year old saint would appear. Cecilia met the requirements but then a baron's daughter, Lily Olcott appeared, and people believed that she was the real saint. Lily captured the hearts of many men, even Hubert, Cecilia's younger brother, just like Amy would years later.
    - A condemnation event occurs where all the fools in love with Lily claimed that Cecilia tried to kill Lily. So they banish and sent Cecilia to a convent.
    - When Lily tries to go to the forest to complete the ritual a saint has to, the forest rejects her and ends up killing her, proving that she wasn't the saint but Cecilia was.
    - As the oracle only said the age, place of birth and the colours of the hair and eyes, nobody knew exactly who the saint was going to be.. Which is why Ashley's father who didn't want Cecilia to become a saint, as saints can't marry, recommended Lily as the candidate.
    - Her father is Duke Rutland Maynard, the King's younger brother and one of Christopher's teacher. Ashley's silver hair and purple eyes are characteristic of the royal family, nobody can even doubt she is related to them... And no, he didn't rape Cecilia, after she was banished he sheltered her in his state.
    - I'm not sure how, but Elliot was able to retrieve Cecilia, and make it look like she went to a dangerous part of some forest and was killed by beasts. Then he prepared a secluded place where they could live peacefully away from everyone they knew.
    - They all wonder how Elliot was capable of such feats, how he could use this sort of magic, etc etc. They also tell her that everyone involved in her mother's demise, from her fiance the 3rd prince, to all the other noble sons, to even the king (not the current one, Christopher's grandfather) and Lily died.
    - Even though after learning of her actual background Ashley insists that she is a commoner, everyone tells her that no, she isnt. She is related to the royal family, the child of a ducal family, and blah blah but she says that she was born a commoner.
    - As all of this happened her mother was retrieved by her family, and Ashley goes to meet her at the Abbington state... And then things... well... go a bit... crazier, like I didn't guess it at first, because Cecilia had the "oh poor villainess who isnt actually a villainess" vibe like Charlotte... But it isn't.
    - First Cecilia knew of Lily's plans, she in fact found what she wrote about the world and the people that lived there, she didn't know how Lily could known all of that but thought it was wonderful, she even helped her to get her fiance, the 3rd prince, as Cecilia didn't love him nor was she loved by him. She kinda orchestrated her own "downfall", she wanted to become a commoner. As she spoke Hubert, her younger brother and Ashley's uncle appeared. Cecilia was truly popular, with men and women alike, and she was tired of everything, so she found the idea of being left alone after everyone thought she passed away actually comforting. Cecilia is a bit misanthropic.
    - Ashley asked about her father, didn't he kidnaped her and rape her?, that that was Elliot kept telling her as she grew up, Cecilia said that he offered a place to stay, and that she was tired and wanted to bath and accepted, and that Cecilia herself told Ashley that "her father was a wonderful man". She was shocked about all of what Elliot told her and made Ashley do, like wearing her glasses, Elliot told Cecilia that it was because Ashley had bad eyesight : / yeahhhh sure Jan, you never knew what your servant did or say to your child, you never bothered to inquire why her hair colour magically changed and blah blah...
    - The way she spoke about everything, so carefree and chill, scared Ashley, truly sacred her. She noted as if her mother was actually not as loving and wonderful as she remembered her, that she did indeed love her daughter, but as if she loved the idea of having "a daughter" not the actual person Ashley is...
    - Also her dad appears later, he is a Maes Hughes type, he lovessssss his daugther and wants to be called papa and typical loving and doting shoujo dad. He is also still in love with Cecilia, an even accepts all of her "weirdness", he tells Ashley that Cecilia is like a fairy (which I blieve is a very good description... Cecilia is a fae like being with different beliefs and rights and wrongs than a normal person).

9. starryriverbank

Reading List:
    Link
    :bloblove:Thanks for the spoiler again:cookie: ... so the mother I think is in some kind of depressed state, but still I can't understand why the father didn't show up until all these years later:blobcat_rawr:. Where was he in MC childhood. Did he also not know where mother and child disappeared to?:blobcatcop: I thought he was paying for living expenses or rather is the unknown source of money. :blobpopcorn_two:

10. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to add it, but the source of income was Hubert, Ashley's uncle. Who felt quite guilty since he didnt support his older sister, he didnt know Ashley existed, nor did Ashley's father. Most people believed that Cecilia had died, I think that Duke Rutland had a hunch or refused to believe that she died... Meanwhile Hubert and the Abbington family did know that she was alive, but decided to leave her be, as she seemed to not want to come back (plus she was still found guilty of the whole Lily thing).

11. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    I’m setting my flag here :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Jukki likes this.
  12. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the heroine to the end? And won’t the people apologize to mcs mom? After all, she was innocent??

13. omegazx

omegazx The Magic Mech Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. This story sounds totally bonkers. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped like Reika.

14. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it's more of a red-herring.

I wouldn't trust someone I just met over a person who raised me after all.

Though, after reading more spoilers... I'm still sticking to the red-herring.

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: My Mother Is the Banished Villainess; 私のお母様は追放された元悪役令嬢でした
    Available forms/media: Is there a novel or manga version of this title?
    Link to official raws: DO NOT LINK TO A PIRATE SITE
    Link to NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-mother-is-the-banished-villainess/
    Synopsis:
    My mother used to be called a villainess…

She was falsely accused of many charges, and thus, sentenced to be exiled.

After sometime, she was kidnapped… That is when I was born, Ashley.

She never said a word about it, but my hair and eyes are of the same color as that ‘man’.

That is the reason I prefer to hide them behind glasses that would turn my appearance ugly.

Thanks to my good grades and skills, I received a scholarship and entered the royal academy, at the age of 15.

That is how I left the countryside and went to live in the royal capital.

In the midst of this, I met a divine beast and strangely, the Crown Prince has taken interest in me.

16. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this before. MC was a charity student and wearing glasses to hide her appearance. her appearance was like a carbon copy of her mom. Mom has a butler who dotes on mother and daughter. This has translated manga but it got like 3 chaps.

17. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Soo,, the butler is psycho about villainess (the mom), and he teached MC some 'magic words'. One day MC forgot to say them (she was saying them daily) and suddenly people were aware of her presence, talked to her, the teacher got her to do something on black board and MC was rlly happy.

18. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for these spoilers. This story is truly beyond words... like wow scary

Jukki likes this.
  19. LillianaLuana

LillianaLuana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for more spoilers! I wonder what will happened to amy since she is doing what lily is doing. Also did ashley took her glasses and headband so everyone else see her hair?

Haiting1536 likes this.
  20. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021