LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couple of misconceptions on your part. The entire continent of Bahn Gaia is tiny as landmasses go. The whole thing can fit inside of Texas, if memory serves, so the landmass Van would have to affect to cover all of Amid isn't that much.

The second misconception is about just how much more powerful Van is than Pluto. Pluto has (or had) a mana pool of maybe a few hundred. Van's mana pool is in the BILLIONS, more than most gods. He'd have problems if Alda's entire faction came at him, but on sheer power, he can one on one any of them with ease. He only struggled with Fitun because Morksi was in the area of effect for most of his anti-god stuff.

As for Edgar being able to influence Heinz? Edgar is subtle. He doesn't need a [Guider] job to get the job done. He just keeps the baby-killing to a minimum around Heinz and then lets the latter's inherent racism handle the rest. He can even tell Heinz that his actions are evil to his face, while letting him believe that it wasn't his fault, as we saw in Nakiri when Van was trying to register as an adventurer, before he got most of those problematic titles and skills.

This would make perfect sense for Edgar if he didn't grow up with them.

Maybe if we saw a bit of Edgar's life in the slums, maybe if we saw him having to fight them every day over scraps of food, maybe if Edgar was a member of a "humans only" gang who had to fight against a [Beast-man], [Dark Elf], [Titan] or whatever gang every day over food, money, or territory, this would make sense.

But all we know about his mindset is he grew up with them and "can sympathize with them a little" which doesn't explain why he sees them as wild animals, at all.

Korleone likes this.
  2. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The continent isn’t that small. There are close to 150 to 200 million inhabitants and there’s still lots of empty space. I don’t think the same could be said if Texas had that kind of population.

3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because he grew up in the slums that he knows how harsh life around humans is for the other races. It takes a hero as huge as Schneider, to make dark elves presentable, or acceptable by the public, and people still talk shit about how he does some dirty things on the side. None of the other races that Edgar grew up with in the slums will ever get the chance to adventure with a Hero like Heinz, or have a chance to earn an actual noble title, of their own, since it's totally okay to just buy up a ton of slaves as cannon fodder, and sacrifice your way up the adventurer ranks. So to him a quick death is preferable to a long life, a very long life, of torture at the hands of human supremacists.

Also, I think the Mirg Shield Nation was about the size of Texas, and the entire area of the USA fit inside the Barrier Mountain Range, so I don't know why you think Ban Gaia is small.

4. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Side item: I just love this crazy crew of speculators we’ve got in this chat lol. We’re all a little nuts to get so worked up about a pure fiction. But it’s a fun type of crazy.

Eddy andres likes this.
  5. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that it'll eventually end like most of Van's previous encounters with Guduranis parts, he'll end up eating it like candy and adding it to his collection. That would open up some interesting possibilities of it affecting Van's state of mind or actions, but I doubt the author would take that path seeing as all the other parts have come to accept Van as the 'main body'.

6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahn Gaia is a lot bigger than that. And Pluto was obviously beyond her normal capacity. If she wasn't, she wouldn't have needed to keep gathering death.

7. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we all take a moment of silence for the absolute insanity that will soon be happening in the forests outside the capital. Van just happened to discover two lethal insect demi humans and tamed them. The search teams will be frantically trying to discover any others.

8. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Randalf having blue hair makes me speculate.
    What if HE is actually the goddess of water who's been out and about longer than we think.

9. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably spurred on by the people in the city with crippling Arachnophobia.

Eddy andres likes this.
  10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Implying the author thought this trough xd

11. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always found that a sign of a good story is how much it makes people respond to it. And this one certainly does it (for better or worse).

Jay Corridor likes this.
  12. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if that's the sign of a GOOD story, but I agree it does mean something when a story can attract a lot of discussion regardless of the quality. There's something there that makes people invested whether that's in a good way or not. And I do find myself liking this series for some reason and wanting to talk about it a lot even though I honestly think it's pretty trashy.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  13. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, the invisible dragon, greatest story of all time.

14. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something wrong here. I am reading novel from the start and found this chapter. In this chapter author wrote about Heinz
    An adventurer of commoner background, he reached B-class status in his teenage years, holding a Title and serving as leader of the Five-colored Blades.
    So, Heinz was born as commoner, not as noble. And if he become noble at some point it would not increase his ability to find information. He would get more information because he is higher level adventure, than by being noble.

CountryMage and Shaman Ray like this.
  15. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He might have access to the information but how long would it take to get it? Do they have anything that resembles modern telecommunications? If there is none, then it would take about the same time as it needs to travel between where he's at and the source of information. It's easy to say that if someone has access to information that he should get it, but it's another thing entirely if it takes a whole lot of time to get it.

CountryMage and Eddy andres like this.
  16. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly.
    Ketchup is a noble which means he can use it get better sway with normal people and also get concessions with government organizations
    Being a famous adventurer can give him higher access to info from adventurer guild and also make connects

What really gives him an edgy to gather information is the fact that he is the symbol of a religious faction which is half supported by the government.
    It means that both nobles, merchants and guilds are literally lining up create ties with him
    Basically he just need to ask for 2 or 3 people and they will rush out to discover what he wants for him to try to butter ketchup up.

Being low born may signify that he is not used to his own ability to get info and under using it, but it doesn't change the fact that he can get info about almost anything which is not considered critical for big organizations simply by asking

Eddy andres and Korleone like this.
  17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's an honorary nobleman only. He didn't form any connections while growing up and has not really had the chance to do so since becoming one.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  18. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But he is an adventurer rank A-S, regardless of his origin or political ideology, he is the type of people with whom the nobles make every effort to establish relationships, who knows how many political marriages Heinz has had to reject (good for Vandeliu, although I I would have liked to see Van suffocate Heinz, only for a son of Heinz to see him, he starts to cry and Van stops to reassure him, he creates a family member to encourage him and while the child is distracted by the family member, he continues with his I work with a smile).

even so, the guild remains his primary source of information, and a big problem is that unlike Van, Heinz doesn't spend much time on his social life.

Bielt likes this.
  19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, he has access to nobility. He just doesn't have deep connections with them beyond what he'd have as a high ranked adventurer. And yeah, I was thinking the same thing: Heinz doesn't stay in any one place for a super long time normally and seems to be pretty busy overall, so that's another reason I don't think he would have formed connections since getting the Ternecia cred a few years back.

Shaman Ray and Eddy andres like this.
  20. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the 2nd highest ranked adventurer in the nation, and the first is not that active. There are what 3 S-Ranks on the continent (and Van).
    That is not your normal "High Ranked" adventurer and desire to get in good with.

Eddy andres likes this.