Spoiler The Guide to Capturing a Black Lotus/黑莲花攻略手册[Oriental classical]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by novellike, Apr 20, 2020.

1. novellike

novellike Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The Guide to Capturing a Black Lotus/Black Lotus Tactics Manual/黑莲花攻略手册[Oriental classical]

Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/black-lotus-tactics-manual/

Author: White-Feather Eagle Bow/Bai Yu Zhai Diao Gong/白羽摘雕弓

Translator: 管江涛

Tags: Time travel;demon hunt;healing;light-hearted

Introduction:
    Ling Miaomiao wrote a book review in the heat of the moment, but triggered a multidimensional space trip as a consequence.

She traveled to the world of the book and entered the body of a supporting role Ling Yu. Now, in order to return to the real world, she must complete the task assigned to her by the system, that is, let the black lotus, the heroine’s younger brother, fall in love with her.

Disturb Hera, reverse the course of events, kill devil and defend moral... She has started her time travel.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
    Bella94, milkyfoxz, ErryChu and 3 others like this.
  2. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need spoilers

Smile_for_me likes this.
  3. Oahts

Oahts Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read up to the latest translated chapter and am also very curious about what happens. Guess I'll just set up camp here.

Otakuotaku likes this.
  4. Oahts

Oahts Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the translated title was changed to The Guide to Capturing a Black Lotus.

MishaArnon likes this.
  5. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

milkyfoxz likes this.
  6. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    can u pls spoil what happens so far in the translated novel?

7. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers:cookie::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpeek:

8. Karlysle

Karlysle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone:spoilers please

9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers pls:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

10. chileanywayssss

chileanywayssss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll slightly spoil the ending but let me know if you want more like relationship specifics
    So it’s happy ending but I have to say that, to me, it was pretty unsatisfactory just bc I wished we could see them actually be happy and together (and maybe have a child) for a little while.

These two do end up getting married though!!! Mu Sheng is incredibly possessive but sweet when they become official. Their relationship takes a long time to actually happen but once he recognizes his feelings for her, he asks to get married right away. A lot of things happen and they have to fight many demons/monsters but the final boss is Mu Shengs biological mother who turned evil after dying. Ling MiaoMiao’s life is in danger because of Mu Sheng’s mother and he uses so much demonic power to stop her (he’s half human bc of his dad and half demon bc of his mother so it takes a lot out of him) that he basically turns into a doll/robot in terms of intelligence/feelings. When he used his power and thought he was gonna die, he said “After I die, you have to keep vigil for me for three years” and tried to threaten her, in his typical black lotus way, that she better not dare fall in love with someone else but he doesn’t get to finish his words: “His blood-stained hands touched Miao Miao's face, his eyes widened, and two drops of bright red tears slipped down his cheeks...” “Dare to... fall in love with others, and I ...”

So after, he doesn’t remember much of anything and all his feelings are dulled and he doesn’t talk much either. So everyday MiaoMiao had to face the love of her life but though his body is there, he’s not really there with her. She took care of him and searched desperately for an answer but nothing. And everybody, like her dad and others who came to visit her, thought he was a lost cause and pushed her to remarry but she always refused. And then one night, years later, he wakes up like the REAL him! But he turns back to being blank during the day and that cycle goes on for a while until it Mu Yao and Liu Fuyi helped her get a new headband to keep his power under control/sealed like the one Mu Yao’s mother had given him when he was a child to suppress him. It ends with her opening the curtains and the sunlight shining through and him, with his headband on, recognizing her as she called him his nickname “Zi Qi”

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Haiting1536, izznis, Bella94 and 29 others like this.
  11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    The author wrote extras after Mu Sheng regains his rationality for extra sweetness too. I thought it was interesting and unusual for a romance web novel that MiaoMiao and Mu Sheng never have children. They seem pretty happy.

12. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to mc wanting to go home...?

Haiting1536 likes this.
  13. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    They return to her world after the original owner's father dies of old age. Time hasn't passed in MC's original world.

14. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    T-they j-just leave the world??? O-ok that's not a cliché.

[​IMG]

15. Athy1000

Athy1000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right . It's not cliché like MC falling in love with the ML and never going back to her original world. Btw, Sebastien is one of the most handsome butler i ever saw.

Haiting1536, Bella94, syofiaa and 3 others like this.
  16. MishaArnon

MishaArnon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well rn he is kinda too mean toward our mc.She is too good for him.he left her a powerless human at some forest where those bamboo are trying to skin her.

17. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    He left her talismans, so she was never in danger of dying. It wasn't nice of him to use such a tactic to try to scare her off, but I found it acceptable. She's the one that's knowingly tagging along with a group that regularly encounters danger, intentionally or unintentionally. There's no guarantee they can always keep themselves safe, much less her too. Telling her don't come with us because its dangerous is a lot less effective than having her face it directly in a somewhat controlled setting.

The author does a good job showing that MC and ML are the side characters of the book world, and I think its fitting for them to leave it after seeing the original male lead and female lead's traditional happily ever after (i.e. get married and have kids).

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  18. MishaArnon

Reading List:
    Link
    He took her talisman that lui fuyi gave her to save herself and made her think she can successfully use flying sparks spell and not to mention he knew about that bamboo trap there.i get it she insisted on coming with them,and let's forget how kind she has been to him but other people are there to willing to help her but he sigh

19. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    He thinks her kindness and friendliness to him is based on ulterior motives (using him to get closer to original male lead), which negates any goodwill he feels for her. At this point in the story, he's like an abused dog, completely distrustful of anyone except his adoptive sister. Its because the main character understands that, that she can forgive him.

Given his adoptive parents' abuse and manipulation over many years to brainwash him into only caring about his adoptive sister, I think it would be unrealistic for him to trust a stranger after only a short period of getting along. It doesn't help that she has to do the tasks set by the system that are so easy to misunderstand.

Edited to add 5/13/21: The above is how he comes across in the novel. In the manhua, where we get to see more of his thoughts instead of reading about MC's guesses at his motivation and her interpretation of his behavior, it seems like he did this because he's worried that he's getting too attached to MC and wants to scare her off. The manhua is a lot more comedic than the novel.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  20. MishaArnon

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true.

Renn Kazma likes this.