LCD My Stepsister is My Ex

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by KhayDesu, May 5, 2021.

1. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    My Stepsister is My Ex
    71sZwvGyjoL.jpg

Synopsis:
    A certain boy and girl in middle school became a couple, flirted with each other, disagreed on trivial things, became more frequently irritated with each other… and eventually broke up upon graduation.

Now in highschool, the two of them, Irido Mizuto and Ayai Yume, wound up meeting each other in the most unexpected fashion.

The former couple, brought together through parental remarriage, decided to be mindful of their parents’ feelings and came up with a ‘sibling rule’—where the the first one to become conscious of the other as a member of the other s*x loses, but…

When they encounter each other in the bathroom, commute to and from school together, along with the memories of the past and living under the same roof, just how do they disregard each other!?

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-stepsister-is-my-ex/

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    KhayDesuu and SylviaViolet like this.
  2. KhayDesuu

KhayDesuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Start]

KhayDesu likes this.
  3. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Hilarious, so mc and FL act casually at each other after more than 4 months of living with each other.

their parents look at them quizically after a certain exchange and tell's them they're like a couple in a 'rut' panicking the two of them scramble for solutions, and you know what they decided to do?

'Lets go on a date!'

So they basically thought that they needed to get over this 'rut' lol they're not even a couple anymore

KhayDesuu likes this.
  4. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Rant: If both of you don't wanna be mistaken for a couple then stop acting like one!! seriously i know that you don't wanna compromise you're parents marriage by acting like you hate each other but damn you guys are making it real complicated instead End rant

Ps im only speaking realistically, i love the novel

Off topic

@SylviaViolet i've read the manga

worst decision of my life (*。>Д<)o゜

i can't believe that crap was famous

KhayDesuu likes this.
  5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the anime because it was famous. I regret it.

Is this one good? As long as it's not so messy it should be fine.
    Also I deleted that because I saw the tags later....

KhayDesu likes this.
  6. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep its pretty good, its not boring to read and the interactions are pretty fun and hilarious, its fun to read both of their perspectives. The side characters are pretty interesting as well and the author makes time to develop their relationship with the Mc's

its fine you can put an 'Off topic' if you wanna talk about something unrelated,

Guh
    ET4AAzQWkAEia2X-721x1024.png Guh what destructive power, so the both of them went on a date on place they don't usually don't go to and Yume (The FL, Stepsis) decided to buy a swimsuit and as typical Romance novels go they both self-destructed when Mizuto (The ML, Stepbro) tried to compliment her as per Yume's orders

V4 Ch3:

Ugh this has been going on for quite a while now and makes you think whether or not they're gonna end up reconciling with one another, though im fine either way

Sleep.png

v4 ch4

Whoa. This ch has been a whirlwind of emotions and realizations, and i feel this drastically will affect their relationship in the future. Ahhhhhhh~~~~~~!!! Im so excited dessuuuuu~~~!! :blobnosebleed::blobmelt:

The memoirs that Mineta's grandfather wrote really gives you the feels, guh i was tearing up with that final paragraph

“You can laugh at me for being weak-willed, or you may call me unworthy as a Japanese boy. Nevertheless, I will record here my honest feelings at that time.

I really wanted you to hold me back.”

v4 ch5
    nothing much going om they basically went on a barbeque on the countryside with their relatives

Irido.Mizuto.full_.3060977.png
    ~
    Irido.Yume_.full_.3060978.png
    their game of 'hiding feelings' 'denial' and 'pretend' is still going strong

v4 ch7
    Hm things are getting real complicated here
    So Yume (the fl) along with her stay at the house of their grandparents (paternal side) she realised a lot of things regarding Mizuto, where he grew up, a glimpse on how he become how he is today (or probably influenced) and even getting jealous of Mizuto' allegedly first love (his cousin) she realised her pent up feelings that she's been holding in for the past few months (possibly even longer), She gets advice from Mizuto's cousin regarding her feelings for him (surprisingly their secret of being former boyfriend-girlfriend has only been divulged to one person) and she realises her a lot of things about the way she acted in the past and how pitiful and immature she acted towards their relationship (though Mizuto has his own faults as well in their relationship back then) and how she regretted breaking up with him

Ps im really excited as to how their emotions will explode and the aftermath

7. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so tempted to open everything and read but I want to read the novel so I'll resist.....

8. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    yep yep, it getting really heated up in v4 i recommend reading it first though

Ps there are illustrations in those boxes hihihihi

9. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehehe I sneaked a peek at the illustrations.

KhayDesu likes this.
  10. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    btw the novel gives you a feel that they won't be reconciling with each other, and it really gets you curious

11. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I really AM curious to see how they'll resolve it in the end themselves, their parents and all that.

KhayDesu likes this.
  12. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Guh~ I really want to say something but its basically a spoiler~~ :sweating_profusely::blobupset:

13. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    *whisper* Put it under a spoiler tag so I can secretly open it and you won't feel guilty.

14. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I-I Haven't thought of that desu~~~! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

In the novel they were both asked if they wanted to marry each other jokingly by their relatives when they visited, though even if it was a joke they wouldn't really mind

L.A.C.L., KhayDesuu and SylviaViolet like this.
  15. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    But that goes against the spirit of the book! Where's the drama!! Ok I'm going to start now, finally got some free time......

16. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    A declaration of war
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KhayDesuu likes this.
  17. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    v5 ch1

so vacation is already over and they went home and things are already happening *sigh
    Screenshot_20210508-213709.jpg p022.jpg
    oopsie indeed desu~

KhayDesuu likes this.
  18. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    nice, translations have been finished for Volume 5 faster than i thought, im gonna do daily updates (hopefully)

v5 ch2
    As Yume resolve herself to make Mizuto fall for her she witnesses Mizuto push down Higashira causing a misunderstanding, when Mizuto trues to patch it with Yume he also asks about the kiss at the Festival which Yume denies furiously saying that she lost her balance and causing Mizuto to be confused and backfiring on her. As she resolve herself to fix this misunderstanding Mizuto acts somewhat distant and snappy, unbeknownst to her Mizuto's experiencing sypmtoms of flu. Mizuto wakes up with Yume taking care of him and scolding him for not telling her. When he woke up in thr evening he see's Yume cooking porridge and assists her in fear of her making s mistake and burning down the house.
    p060.jpg
    Mizuto hurls sarcastic remarks at Yume's cooking and behaviour, making it look like things have gone back to the way it is though Mizuto remarks that Yume has been less Uppity and sarcastic lately and finds it weird. At dinner Yume teases Mizuto (though not effective) and they basically act like a bunch of newlyweds. Later at night Mizuto wakes up in the middle of the night only to find Yume in his bedside leaning and staring at him.
    ~
    In this volume we'll probably see a lot of Mizuto perspectives and it'll mostly be about him. This volume probably aims to reaffirm Mizuto's feelings for Yume and his course of actions toward the future (hopefully)

L.A.C.L. likes this.
  19. chananyu2547

chananyu2547 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A nice story we have here just came from watching the anime adaptation.

KhayDesu likes this.
  20. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find the novel release out there :)