Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

It's not that she couldn't be near her child, she just can't touch him cause she think she is cursed, she let the nanny take care of him and she watch her son all day by his side, at least she is better than the ML who never visited his son for whatever reason it is. And sure he didn't made the servant treat her that way, but he should known better how the servant would treated someone who is ignored by the Duke because he is been through it too, as illegitimate son who isn't favored by the Duke. And you also wrong, in the second TL, after she is returned and became confident, the servant still disrespect her so she fired all of them.
    I read other novel, though his wife was a wicked woman, and he hated her, but he didn't ignored her in front of the servant, cause he knew it would undermine her authority as the Duchess, and the servant would disrespect her.

2. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Where in the hell did I say that? This isn't just single problem, she was freaking abused and use and u think it's all that simple??? He's literally shit, maybe I'll try to read this but so far no. How the tf did u come to that conclusion? It's like u didn't read at all or is abuse and having ur kid taken without help at all normal to u?? I'm literally concerned and mad at him, and ur here mad at me for saying that???? I know the Duke told him orders, but he still followed that. It doesn't make him any worse. He tried, but at the end, he still followed his orders. And the miscommunication is ridiculous. The ml following the Duke's orders by not talking to her,not checking up if she's fine, literally ignore her while she's pregnant and she's just here getting abused and no one respected her. Even if he was worried for her, he still followed the Duke's orders and that killed her. And the fact that he just realize how stupid he was when the son talk to him and was telling him of how upset he was because he thought his own mother didn't love him. At the end, it was because he followed the Duke's orders which lead to all this things. It isn't just a SINGLE problem.

3. ayami123

ayami123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    regardless,
    she was mentally insane, come on,
    she has too many reason, sure there are outside factor,
    but in that time period? please,
    mentally insane people are treated harshly like it's normal.
    at least the ML has some sort of redemption arc,
    but well we have an Unreliable narrator which is the MC,
    we won't know what exactly happened.
    since she was at the state of insanity maybe the people around her treat her different etc, etc.
    whatever it is.

ML is bad,
    FMC is also bad,
    in short this story is bad

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    By.Eve, RakaSarkar, Shohimeee and 2 others like this.
  4. hahahatdog

hahahatdog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all spoilers. Now I can read the manhwa peacefully without doubting the ml. I actually don’t like the ml when I first read it. Hate is a strong word, so I know the story first before talking. After all, there is always two sides of a coin... Honestly the father should just go die. It seems he was really the root of all problems here. Also take that btch with you too.

And I see people asking why the ml wouldn’t just tell the mc what her father did. It is much easier to tell “do it” than actually doing it. And then, why people asking he’s powerless? He just rose to position, probably with also no backing, also he the ‘other’ child (not sure if I remembered it correctly from the spoiler here). Compare to more established houses who built theirs years before he did his.

5. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg did you guys check Ch 23?! ML really did came back[​IMG]

Mikaa, Chunin and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  6. Nintendhoe

Nintendhoe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna see the father suffer :blobsob:

Maggie0401 and ChiZuki like this.
  7. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme note this down because most people on this thread are demonizing the male lead.
    He was asked to marry the MC by the MC father on the condition if he ignored her and never cared for her. He said no, so the MC dad worked with one of the princes and targeted the ML supporters, killing them. Eventually this would lead to his own death, so he accepted the marriage. He ignored her but never did anything bad to her. He starts caring for the MC slightly. When he finds out the MC is pregnant he tries to tell the father he won't accept the deal and ignore her still. The father says he has spies within their manor and if he goes back on the deal he will kill the MC and the child. The ML continues to leave the MC be since he's also stuck with duties of Duke. Mind you, this dude ain't one of the OP ML from other stories, from what we're shown so far. While away from the duchy during his duties the ex-fiancee who only is interested in power is sent by the FL dad to live in the villa. The ML has to accept this because of the spies. He does his best to keep them separated so the FL doesn't get hurt, but she goes out of here way to visiting the ex fiancee misunderstanding that she took her place. Eventually the baby is born but the FL is too scared to touch it due to her supposed "curse". The ML hopes that the MC will recover, so she sends the baby for awhile. The baby eventually becomes attached to the ex-fiancee. The MC somehow dies of possibly illness or poisoning.
    '
    She was only ignored. Yes in the setting that caused her to be bullied to some extent, but she was always the duchess and never was suppressed by anyone. In reality she suppressed her self due to fear and mental illness or whatnot. She expected the Male lead to be her saviour, but my guy was struggling too. I think their backstories are probably gonna be similar levels of shitty. Also, like she never expressively tries to change her circumstances.

In reality the male lead was the person that actually had shit to deal with. The FL just couldn't handle her inner demons in the first life. Now, that she overcome them. She's gonna realize all the dudes gunning for them. ML needs some love too.

8. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *** first time line ***
    (FL giving birth)

doctor:
    come on, bring the midwife!
    Quick, the wife is giving birth prematurely!
    hurry up, quick

ML thoughts: my blood feels cold. your life and my son's are in danger.

Knight:
    Sir! (ML took his sword)

doctor: my ... sir ...

ML: if you want to save your life make sure you save both. (he pointed the sword towards the doctor)
    definitely!

(back to old ML reminiscing)

ML thoughts:
    How long have you been trapped here?
    I followed you because I wanted to see the end, but ... you don't eat properly, you don't even sleep ...
    you just stare at the wall.
    What the hell is this...? Is there something on the wall?
    even in the midst of your agony ... you keep staring at the wall!

*ML destroyed the wall*
    ah ...
    I suppose. that beyond this wall ... you've been staring at Elle the whole time.
    If I had not approached you in the glass greenhouse. If I hadn't said that You and Elle, would they have ever suffered?
    it's too late now.
    I will not have another chance. I want to apologize to you and Elle.

(ML is back in time * 2nd time line)

ML thoughts:
    this is ... am i at the mansion?
    just when you felt loneliest ... I don't know if this is a gift from god. to a punishment. But I'm going to accept my fate

Commander of the Agraxia Order. Helga Ergal: sir, why did you ask me to buy these books?

(babysitting. "The first three months.")

(The theory of early childhood education.)

(How to be a good father?)

Don't tell me ... they are for the duchess?

ML: I have planned for Shahat to protect my wife.

Helga: what ...?
    Shahat is your personal shadow! why is she going to send it to her?

ML: If my wife argues with someone ... I am the one who will have problems.

So stop talking nonsense.

ML thoughts: it doesn't matter if this is a dream. maybe it's just a selfish wish. But I can see you and talk to you again I want to ask your forgiveness. but...

FL: there is something I want to ask you

ML thoughts: along with my change. she has changed too.
    I was informed that you had a sudden change in your attitude and personality. He is definitely not the person I used to know.

ML: do you want to make a deal?

* fl nods *

ML thoughts: maybe you remember everything too. Yes that's how it is. what am i supposed to do now ..?
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

9. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly it's really complicated. I can't really boarder level despise the ML. I sympathize with him. I wish he were more courageous but unfortunately he was a shit coward who ruined 2 lives.
    Anyways I really hope he deeply apologies to FL and do his part well. Cause our FL is strong enough to protect both Elle and herself (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ in this timeline.
    I can't wait to see him cry when she asks for divorce[​IMG]
    Imma hardcore sadist in this case. Seeing ML's suffer and cry...
    [​IMG]

It just...
    Just...
    [​IMG]

feels so good .
    [​IMG]

10. frezzia

frezzia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coming back to this thread and people still arguing about the ML. I get that people annoyed with him, my advice is if you can not take him as ML you can drop this series and pick another story where the characters is courageous and without fault. That will make your life happier.

tbh I don't mind the discussion, but we are recycling the same argument over and over again when we didn't have any authority to change the story.

Btw thanks for the people that give us spoiler :blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy:

11. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my opinion don't pick on me:blobhug:
    So here's my take, MC has been abused verbally and physically since she was young. Imagine what effects it had on her. Then he met someone who she thinks can help her be happy again but then ended up abusing her (too, i.e. As per her father's deal with husband). How many hit would it take on her mental health? It's always mental.

And I blame the ML if he can just fire all his employees:blobjoy:But the if he did there would be no story.

Melita_H, elhystine and Toasty_Minzy like this.
  12. mayosamurai

mayosamurai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    given the spoilers i’m kind of looking forward to watching him suffer but i’m really curious if they end up together at the end or not because with the direction the story is heading it really doesn’t seem so

Maggie0401 and ChiZuki like this.
  13. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cried reading (skimming) the raws and now I cried reading this. My masochist ass want to cry more.

Gothita and ChiZuki like this.
  14. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that part where ML regrets approaching FL at the greenhouse..
    i just thought whether he did or he didn't.... FL's dad is still determined to persecute FL as a cursed person and would still kill her in the end.:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

15. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I just want both ML and FL to be happy and the father and ex-fiancee to suffer worse than the protagonists

16. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This I agree with you. The problem here is that people tends to expect that the ML is OP since it is usually what happens in every manhwa/ novel. We saw many novels where the MC married the OP ML and then lives happily in their happy world but in this story please try to understand what prompt the characters to do the action. I’m not justifying the ML but we cannot put all the blame to the ML. He also has his share of problems, he’s only human with a higher position ( its not like any other novel where the higher position ML is so OP even the emperor is wary of him) which he got not too long. He has enemy both sides plus the shitty father, so what do you expect? And during that time its the wife’s role to handle the household which the FL failed to do ( I’m not blaming her because she’s mentally abused but still I’m mad at her too like how I’m mad at the ML)

This story is not about the female hoping the ML to save her but its about self development which she started to do in second timeline and the ML started to redeem himself for what past mistakes he did. Maybe that’s why both of them got a chance to go back again. People who are abused won’t get well unless they want to get well. But I also understand the hate since people also tends to take the side of the weak.

Well anyway did they get back together?

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Minaeli, jenniilex3, By.Eve and 14 others like this.
  17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the latest manhwa chapter it shows that he also went back and hinting it was his doing, because he was praying to gods to get another chance (or so it looked in translation)

18. Savila

Savila Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think both Ml and Fl are stupid for getting a divorce. For heck's sake, they are in a situation where they need to work together and come up with a plan to outsmart their enemies. So far what I understood is that they learned nothing from the 1TL. Working on their own not gonna give them a solution. They need to think it through because no matter how I see it, they don't have trustworthy allies. Again only my thoughts.

19. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I'm not sure whether ML is the one who turned back time or the child. Bcs when FL was in the brink of death, she met the grown-up El from the first TL. And after his meeting with FL, he was with a group of people and someone scolded him for using his power to meet his mother. And eventually it was known that all this time he always watching his mother in the second TL. And that all means he has power to connect with another world.

"At least this time I got to talk to her."

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  20. Dhiyfal

Dhiyfal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Oh Gosh that means rather than "turning back time" it's more likely that the ML and FL 'regress' to an alternate timeline. Which would make it very sad since that means first timeline El would still ended up alone no matter how positive second timeline would turn out be.