Spoiler Kill the Villainess - Helena

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BlueRoseJuliet, Apr 7, 2020.

?

Do you hate Helena?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. No opinion. I want to stay away from her

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. It is complicated

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh dear I smell another fight:sneaky:

karls and Mikaa like this.
  2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah keep putting words in my mouth. you're the one who seems to have "low intellect" since you cant seem to read the an novel and can only resort to calling others stupid and personal insults.

I dont know if you know those since you seem to wilfully block out shit that dosent fit into your agenda but women did not have the same freedom to run way and like alone as men did.

"Oh what has being a women got to do with this" lmfao I think you live In a bubble (which is why you keep on defending entitled people). Your the type of person who probably thinks that a women could leave her abuser anytime

Listen I know your so coddelded that you havent steeped foot into the real world but that's not how abuse works

All of you statements are disgusting and reek or ignorance and this weird need to denfed people who have it all while putting dowb actaul victims. Its astounding

Fyi when you start resorting to verbal insults you've lost control of the argument

Bit sure keep on saying royals are acutally pure Angels. I'm sure the million who lost there lives due to that will appreciate i

And your the one who said the rebellion wa signed by nobles so don't pull that "lol your stupid card" with me. This fake intellect your displaying ain't cute. Its annoying and pathetic when you yourself cant read in the first place.

The royal dick must be so down your throat that I can't understand what your trying to say anymore

Dignity? Hah girl your the one arguing with soemone over a fictional harlequin novel on a fourm, your dignity is long gone.

But yea run away

Taruna and Immernachtreich like this.
  3. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she's a sad character. She's trapped in a shitty relationship with the prince, and yes while it provides her luxuries, how long will it last? She does not have a powerful family backing her. She's nothing more than a doll. When she is old, will the prince throw her away? Will she become the next Eris when a younger, prettier woman comes along?

She's in a way similar to Yuri from BOTV. She's a doll for the reverse harem to pour their affection to, but ultimately powerless to determine her own fate. She goes in whatever direction this story will take her.

I dislike the fact she doesn't clear up any misunderstandings between the prince and Eris - but after Eris everything did to her - she doesn't have to. OG Eris kidnapped her. But Helena found it within her to let it go and realize Eris was just another pitiful victim in this mess, and holds no resentment against her. Would it be nice if Helena helped? yes. But I do not blame her either way... honestly she's a saint for not wanting to get back at Eris and instead forgiving Eris because she was also another victim. Just because OG Eris was upset and jealous didn't give her a right to try and kidnap Helena - and she planned this as a child.. Wtf? Thats messed up..

Overall she's a complicated character and I get why people dislike her. I think she's a nice person overall, but she is not the protagonist of the story. New Eris didn't do anything to Helena so of course we feel upset Helena's actions are hurting the new Eris. But Helena doesn't know there's a new soul anyway. There can't be a clean state for these two, they will always have a complicated relationship. In the end, Helena is a pitiful side character.

4. aristialamonic

aristialamonic Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading another discussion about this novel I just came to say that i feel sorry for her. She is like typical heroine, with her character, a desire to help everyone, to be pleasing and good "not like everyone else." She is also a victim of the prince and 2 other ML. I don't think I should start talking about an entire story, but i feel really sorry for her. She is not the character, for which everyone will react like "OMG so cute or cool or smart" on the contrary, everyone confused how to react. Just wanna say she's not bad.

Immernachtreich likes this.
  5. Matpatpat

Matpatpat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OG!Eris and Helena are actually very similar in their circumstances and their base reactions. They're both victims of their societal expectations, standing, and the Crown Prince and Emperor. They're both being forced into a relationship they don't actually want with the Crown Prince. They both lack the authority to reject the Crown Prince. To deal with that, they're both tricking themselves into loving the Crown Prince. The catalyst for their different circumstances is that the Crown Prince chose Helena over OG!Eris.

OG!Eris' reaction to all of this bullshit she's subjected to is to do what she can to live with herself for "losing the love of her life" (which is actually a cover for being a "failure" who let down and humiliated her family) by finding a target so she can get through the pain and unfairness in her life.

Just like Helena tries to get through the pain and unfairness in her life by trying to just live and keep her head down.

I do like how their tragedies are actually very similar while being different. On a side note, I will highlight that it's hypocritical to criticize Helena for not "utilizing her options" and running away, essentially giving up everything she has ever known because someone in a position of absolutely authority over her has forced his one-sided affections on her, when OG!Eris could also have escaped from her relationship with the Crown Prince by "utilizing her options" and running away, essentially giving up everything she has ever known because someone in a position of absolute authority over her has forced her to enter in a one-sided relationship with his son.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, nobility/aristocracy/royalty all that BS, biggest fucking welfare queens. Don't @ me bro.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  6. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who doesn’t like Helena I disagree. Priest is very, very infatuated with Helena in his way of love. Don’t forget the fact that 3 MLs do not care about the will of the person they “love”. They just force their feelings and what they actually want is monopolising the person they want. They want to own their target. In the end I agree she could do something. When I see her I’m like you are loved by everyone so use it, manipulate people if necessary but please save yourself. However, asking help from other MLs or from the church is impossible because if she goes there she will be easily exposed to the priest and he can do whatever he wants to her.

Taruna likes this.
  7. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man I just read the latest raw of Helena how she was bullied physically and emotionally by OG Villainess. Maybe I don't hate her anymore since I would've done much more shit to the Mc if I was bullied like that. I take everything back I said about Helena. However they make her seem intelligent which is sketchy asf. Like in one chapter "Not the fake tears my mother gave" when MC was crying and she said "It's remarkable" looked and talked to the prince like nothing happened. I'm so confused is she genuinely a nice character or not cuz sometimes she does some shady shit

Immernachtreich likes this.
  8. GreenLily

GreenLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually like most of the prominent women in this story

The witches? Love em

Eris? Love her

Helena? I quite like her too.

I probably do not like og!eris that much tho.

Food for thought: Helena NEVER taste nor experience any form of true love. Only toxic ones, even og!eris is loved sincerely by her maid and Anakin. Now remember all those shitty never experienced love before MLs you ever horns up to on those shitty angsty romance novels.

I found Helena's condition and environment almost similar as the FL from What It Means to be You. if not worse because her caste is lower than that FL.

And I like how everyone screams at Helena pretending to be ignorant but they turn a blind eye of Eris's blatant choice of being ignorant to Helena's background and causes. Hypocrisy is so tasty. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Disliking Helena from her smooth hand assuming she never felt any REAL hardship? Thats called Ignorance. Eris hand is just as smooth but she felt all the hardship in the world isnt? I love Eris even with this flaw of her that decide everyone elses in this novel is shit and she has no qualm of not getting to know them better. She gives no fuck, only focusing on her goals and I love that.

But bruh as the 3rd person reading this. Helena definitely went through different set of hardship no less easier than both og!Eris and Eris. She lives her whole freakin life being gaslighted by her crazy mother. She's abused emotionally and physically by her mother and og!eris and emotionally manipulated by her mother, Crown prince and the empress. And shame on you at ppl comparing Helena's bullied by Og!Eris and og!eris bullied by the MLs.

Oh wowwie og!eris locked me up in a closet for hours, kicked me, stepped on me basically beats me up, kidnap me for fun and shit so I have to help my abuser when she's bullied by other people whose class is so far above me, if not i am just a fucking terrible bystander joining in the fun of bullying by law. Wooowwwie. Bulls.

And she is actually also jealous of Eris on how consistent her determination to grasp her freedom. This is also part of the reason why she wanted to befriend Eris so bad. She rather be with someone who hates her than be someone who *loves* her. She also wished to die and gains freedom and she actually did die, and imho thats fucking terrible and sad. Why cant she gains freedom and happiness by being freed of the Mls and the politic shenaningans war? Because she cant. If she run the Mls will just hunt her down. If she stays she turns crayzee. That cp and priest are needlessly powerful and batshit insane.

Oh I do think Eris has all the right to decline the friendship offer tho. Helena is too troublesome to befriend with in these very much troublesome circumtance.

Honestly stamp Helena's past and life on some randos novel MC/ML and everyone would pity and calls her precious cinnamon rolls instead lol.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  9. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I have no Fucking clue why people love to defend OG Eris so much. She has almost no redeemable qualities besides the fact she was nice to her servants

Woe. The bare minimum

Taruna and Immernachtreich like this.
  10. Mustakim

Mustakim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does helena gets revived after her death

11. GreenLily

GreenLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoiler Ive read explains clearly what happens to Helena after her death. But it is mentioned that the MLs dont give much attention to her anymore and busy worrying about Eris.

But she's killed with consent. And not being revived is honestly the best thing for her. Tho still don't know the actual fate of her after death.

Taruna likes this.
  12. Mustakim

Mustakim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the information

13. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that the manhwa chapter on Helena was finally translated, I thought people would begin to see Helena in a different light but no...still kinda immature. I don't blame Helena for never standing up for Eris after she was slapped. She doesn't know there's a new soul in there, she has every right to hate Eris for being the daughter of the family who killed her own family. But she's so nice she sees Eris as another victim.

Like people hate her for not defending Eris, and it sucks because we know new Eris innocent, but this manhwa is literally telling you OG Eris didn't deserve Helena's love or defense for a reason yet readers still choose to ignore it I suppose..

14. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I think OGEris is a complicated character, she is nice to the persons she likes, like her maids, but she was able to be cruel to Helena out of frustration for the prince's attitude. I mean, OGEris isn't stupid, she knows Helena can't do much and it's the prince who's being mean but because she can't change the prince, she wants Helena to break her leg. Just like she can't ask the prince to retract his permission that Helena calls him by name but she still reminds Helena all the time that she should not be allowed to call him that way.
    That aspect of her is similar to the prince: the prince does not want to marry Eris and likes Helena. The reason he has to marry Eris is because his father wants to control the power balance. Does the prince oppose his father? Of course not. But he likes making Eris miserable as an outlet for his anger.
    Helena is nice and she doesn't want to cause trouble. She wanted to be a normal maid but gave up after seeing how it inconveniences her surroundings. Now she's completely separated from her surroundings. She's being played between the MLs like when that dragon slayer confessed where the prince could hear it, he didn't care if she got problems because of it.
    I think it's interesting how all the important characters are helpless to control their lives the way they want so they exert control in other areas, often by making others unhappy too. Dragon slayer feels tragic because he had to slay that dragon and it was all a farce. And he wants Helena but can't have her but at least he can frustrate Prince to death. Prince has to marry Eris against his will and he can't change that but he can make Eris never have a happy marriage and can force Helena to be with him. OGEris has to marry the prince and can't get him to try to get along with her so she bullies Helena. Helena has to go along with the MLs wishes and tries to get control over the situation by staying positive & being happy nonetheless (if it doesn't bother me I win kind of way). Eris wants to die but the world is in her way. Except MC hasn't given up on gaining control and still tries to die.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  15. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really funny how there is 8 pages of Helena Discussion
    [​IMG]

16. Czarinananana

Czarinananana Prettiest Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, no don't like her. Even after everything. She wants to be friends with the FL but she allows others to slader her(her maid), allows the prince to mock FL. IDK maybe I am biased towards her. But as a woman, if I see a male "friend" of mine being rude to my female "friend", I don't think I'll shut my mouth. Yes, she was a maid, maybe, she didn't have to upfront stand up for the FL but she should at least have the common sense to not like the males who surround her that bully the FL.

joonsgalaxy and Volublekoala965 like this.
  17. joonsgalaxy

joonsgalaxy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally what is this comment? This is the shittiest take and trust me, I’ve seen some shitty takes. No one is an “abuse denier” and if you want to throw around such harsh words I’d suggest you back away from the screen for a couple hours. Literally what the f*ck??

We don’t like Helena because she is a hypocrite. She’s useless. And she’s annoying. Completely ignoring the absolute VALID reasons why the MC doesn’t like her, she continuously tries to force a relationship. THAT is a blatant disregard for boundaries. But because of her pretty smile and nice eyes we’re just supposed to forgive that? If it were some other novel and she were someone else (a man perhaps?) I have no doubt you’d be crying about how awful he is. She is complicit in the LITERAL abuse Eris faces and why? Because she simply decided to not do anything. To be a bystander. And for the love of everything holy I wish people would shut up about her being a commoner and how that somehow means she can’t speak up. She has absolutely no issues with ignoring every other aspect of being a commoner. She doesn’t do her work, having hands nicer than some noble ladies. She skips around doing whatever she so pleases, eating sweets that normal commoners would never EVER have the chance of even tasting. Going to balls that no normal commoner could even DREAM of going to. And yet when it comes time to say “Hey, my maid lied I actually tripped and Eris helped me up” suddenly she can’t find he voice? Yeah right. But no! Go on, tell all of us how we’re terrible people for not finding any sympathy for her when she has not proven, by any means, that she deserves any.

Is Helena a victim of the story written of her? Sure, but so is Eris. Eris who does not get to enjoy the same luxuries as Helena. And by luxuries I mean a support system that loves her unconditionally (besides maybe her maid…jury is still out on her father). Helena was born poor and yet any semblance of that is gone. She gets to enjoy the finer things in life without any of the hassle of being a noble. And any social faux pas on her behalf are dismissed BECAUSE she’s a commoner and “doesn’t know any better” or, everyone just finds it charming. The same luxuries cannot be said for Eris as she has to struggle to find ANY sympathy or generosity from others. The fact is that people dislike Helena for incredibly valid reasons because so far, all she does is cry and nothing else.

If you want to throw a hissy fit about how you LOVE Helena then keep that to yourself and especially DON’T make such disgusting, ridiculous generalizations just because people disagree with you. It’s unbecoming and shows how little tact you actually possess.
    Literally what is this comment? This is the shittiest take ever and trust me, I’ve seen some shitty takes. No one is an “abuse denier” and if you want to throw around such harsh words I’d suggest you back away from the screen for a couple hours. Literally what the f*ck??

We don’t like Helena because she is a hypocrite. She’s useless. And she’s annoying. Completely ignoring the absolute VALID reasons why the MC doesn’t like her, she continuously tries to force a relationship. THAT is a blatant disregard for boundaries. But because of her pretty smile and nice eyes we’re just supposed to forgive that? If it were some other novel and she were someone else (a man perhaps?) I have no doubt you’d be crying about how awful he is. She is complicit in the LITERAL abuse Eris faces and why? Because she simply decided to not do anything. To be a bystander. And for the love of everything holy I wish people would shut up about her being a commoner and how that somehow means she can’t speak up. She has absolutely no issues with ignoring every other aspect of being a commoner. She doesn’t do her work, having hands nicer than some noble ladies. She skips around doing whatever she so pleases, eating sweets that normal commoners would never EVER have the chance of even tasting. Going to balls that no normal commoner could even DREAM of going to. And yet when it comes time to say “Hey, my maid lied I actually tripped and Eris helped me up” suddenly she can’t find he voice? Yeah right. But no! Go on, tell all of us how we’re terrible people for not finding any sympathy for her when she has not proven, by any means, that she deserves any.

Is Helena a victim of the story written of her? Sure, but so is Eris. Eris who does not get to enjoy the same luxuries as Helena. And by luxuries I mean a support system that loves her unconditionally (besides maybe her maid…jury is still out on her father). Helena was born poor and yet any semblance of that is gone. She gets to enjoy the finer things in life without any of the hassle of being a noble. And any social faux pas on her behalf are dismissed BECAUSE she’s a commoner and “doesn’t know any better” or, everyone just finds it charming. The same luxuries cannot be said for Eris as she has to struggle to find ANY sympathy or generosity from others. The fact is that people dislike Helena for incredibly valid reasons because so far, all she does is cry and nothing else.

If you want to throw a hissy fit about how you LOVE Helena then keep that to yourself and especially DON’T make such disgusting, ridiculous generalizations just because people disagree with you. It’s unbecoming and shows how little tact you actually possess.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  18. Be autiful

Be autiful Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    intresting

19. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    How about reading the latest chapters befor sperging over stuff you dont know of

Your comment basically proves my point of readers triggering out on a female characer who is not there self isneet

"Helena gets to enjoy the finer luxuries", bro are you trolling right now? I suppose getting abused by basically everyone around her and being forced itno a relationship is enjoying the finer things. Oh I see. You must he one of those people who think if you live in a lap of luxury you cant be abused. Or to suck up the abuse since hey at least your rich

Who she doesn't do work? When she tries the prince hurts those around her. Again read the dam thing instead of looking at the pretty pictures

You have a really shallow view point of thimgs and I don't even know why your even reading this novel. It's too nuanced for you to understand. No actually scratch that. The authtr spelt our why it isnt Helenas fault at all but readers go into there delulu land and substitute there headcanons with canon

And why should she help Eris? Og Eris mad her life a living hell why the fuck should she help her abuser who hit her and threatend to sell her to a brothel, and stick her neck out for her?

Why should she help out the daughter ofnthe dude who destroyed her whole family? Yea its not the kids fault but youd have to be a literal jesus too do that

I know you may not get this but not every female side characer is made just to fellate the MC and die for her.

Yknow I get why workers dont write complex female characters anymore.
    Commentors such as want only only the MC to be perfect and make excuses for everything she does and want every other female to be hanged for not kissing the floor they walk on

Helena was complicit in the abuse of og Eris? Wtf kind of bullshit is that? It's really disgusting for you to say that considering OG Eris was the one who literally abused Helena. But sure. Keep on victim blaming

And wow nice of you to make a throw away account just for that. I cant take your opinion seriously at all since your too afraid to say it on your main account.

But she dosent like them at all. I dont understand how you can think that she likes them

And again you cant compare you situation to hers. Her friend is a prince who's father killed his own child. One wrong move and it's off to the guillotine

20. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew the crown prince was retarded, what's up with the empress tho. She works as an empress since a few decades, she knows the consequences, how is she helping him?????