Question What are constellations in Korean novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Hegao, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone please help me understand what are constellations? I read few Korean novels and manhwa where constellations are mentioned. But I still having hard time fully understating what are they.

raitei likes this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Constellations like in ORV? :hmm:

3. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only constellations I’ve seen in KN novels are from ORV, which are basically mythical entities in that universe. If you’re asking about the normal definition, then they’re groups of stars in the sky. Like the Orion Constellation or the Aries Constellation. Actually in ORV they also have this definition because the MC repeatedly makes references to the stars in the skies (and bringing them down)

4. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like constellations are often omnipotent beings in the universe who gain more power the more followers/believers they have. There's often historic figures mentioned because so many people know of them they are good examples of powerful beings. Constellations are separated into groups of ones with more followers (more power) and less. They also spectate on earth a lot so that they can choose people that they want to be their followers and are viewed as gods/evil beings. I'm not sure if they are what you are talking about though since there are lots of different novels with different examples/definitions. I hope I helped though!

SylviaViolet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.