Picked Up Secret Lady

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Guide1410, May 7, 2021.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the female lead, Rosantine. She’s Duke Argen’s daughter and cherishes her younger sister very much. She could see ghosts even since her previous life.
    upload_2021-5-7_20-32-33.jpeg
    This is Rosantine and The male lead, Second Prince Schartuze. They met once when they were kids.
    upload_2021-5-7_20-34-15.jpeg
    Spoiler Thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/secret-lady.125833/
    Titles: 시크릿레이디 , The Lady’s Secret, Secret Lady
    Novel Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=52727573 , https://ridibooks.com/books/2057149831
    This novel also got a adaptation manhwa recently.
    The Manhwa: https://bato.to/series/86114/secret-lady
    Adaptation Manhwa Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home/시크릿-레이디/56825827
    Year: 2021
    Author: 안가토 (Angatou), Same author as If I Happened to Tame my Brother Well.
    Artist: 바나나 (BANANA)
    Publishers And Serialization: Carrotoon, CL Production, Kakaopage, RidiBooks
    Language: Korean
    Year: 2019
    Theme, Genre and Tags: Fantasy, Isekai, Mystery, Romance, Josei, Supernatural, Hidden Abilities, Royalty, Aristocracy, Ghosts, Female Protagonist, Reincarnated in Another World, Determined Protagonist, Hard-Working Protagonist, Magic and Swords
    MTLd Novel’s Description:
    Yoon Seol-woo is abandoned for seeing ghosts.
    And to the shame of living through all this.
    I die in vain in a car accident.

“Princess Rosentine!”

However, she is reincarnated as Rosenstein, the daughter of the duke.
    Keep her eyes untouched to see her ghost.

She thought that the Heaven and Earth God helped only half,

“The witch is the death penalty of any family… … ?”

The one who sees the ghost is also a witch.
    It doesn't seem to help at all or anything.

Rosantine, who could not die in vain this time,
    To live, she enters the Imperial palace of the only hope...….

Rosantine, a strong ghostly young lady.
    Her thrilling and suspenseful story begins now.
    A child who has the ability to see ghosts, Yoon Seol-woo.
    Has reincarnated into Rosantine, a princess who could see ghosts.

I've managed to fake not being able to see ghosts somehow but...

"Leave my sibling's body this instant!"

I cried out to the spirit who's possessed my one and only little (brother/sister)'s.
    However, only the death penalty awaited for me if my ability were to be found out.
    Then, there's only one way.

"You're planning to kill Prince Chartus, right?"
    I will save the Empire's second prince, Prince Chartus with this ability!

"I'll bet my life on Your Highness."
    Reasons this deserves to be picked up:
    This novel got a adaptation manhwa recently and the story is very interesting and unique plot and feels thrilling. It also has realistic supernatural settings which really makes it more mysterious, and make syou want to solve the mystery.
    The protagonist could see ghosts ever since she was born and so was abandoned by her family and grew up being hated and bullied, she thought it’s fine as long as she can survive but died in a accident at the age of 20 and regretted it. But she was reborn and reincarnated in another world where she could still see ghosts but Rosantine is determined to survive this time, and she cherishes her family and her little sister Corte who is 6 years younger than her very much. she tried to pretend to not see ghosts but after hearing from them that he mother will soon die she ends up crying and the ghosts find out she can see them.
    She also hides her abilities and that she can see ghosts from everybody because it is considered magic which is forbidden because of mystery in history and if she is found out she and her family may all get executed.
    But one day when Corte is possessed by a vengeful ghost, to save Corte, Rosantine makes a deal with a mysterious ghost named Ronan and learns that her sister was born with a constitution that attracts evil ghosts. And that the only thing connecting their existence to this world was the name they had when they were alive and it’s their weakness, so if she can call a ghost’s name and give it a order it has to follow the order. Ronan is a ghost who mysteriously knows the name of all of the ghosts in the place and for some reason pretends to be a fool in front of other ghosts.
    The male lead is the second prince Schartuze who was said to be very close with his brother the crown prince to the point that they did not fight over the throne and so he became the commander of Imperial knighst and expressed that he doesn’t have the intentions to succeed the throne but when the crown prince Aeswar is bedridden due to his deteriorating health there are rumors that Schartuze is the curse of Royal family and that he was after the throne from the start. Schartuze and Rosantine met once when they were children.
    On a banquet Rosantine happens to hear from a ghost that Schartuze is cursed and that he will be killed soon due to his poisoned glass.
    For reasons Rosantine decides to help him and approaches him while in disguise and hiding her identity and abilities.
    It also just got adapted to a manhwa and the artwork is also very beautiful and attractive and similar to A Stepmother’s Marchen, both are by the same publisher.
    I have only read a few chapters and I’m already very into this and I hope the novel gets picked up by a translator that can convey the awesomeness of this novel. :blob_plusone:

2. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... Only 2 chapters for the manhwa so far... Looks awesome.

4. HazyPrecise

HazyPrecise Heh

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the transaction has gone past 8 chapters! The art is amazing!

So far the ML seems to be the second prince and he is a total ice berg with a knuckleheaded guard. I have yet to see him smile even if it's a smile out of spite. Totally blank. :blobwoah:

Chaku likes this.
  5. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I'ma go find it now!!

6. salted caramel

salted caramel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Prince actually has a dorky side. He sometimes makes jokes and knows how to take advantage of his handsome face.
    But I'm not sure how he will take it if he finds out that Roanne is actually Rosantine and is actually the daughter of a high ranking noble.

Guide1410 likes this.
  7. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  8. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I read on a discord convo that someone picked this up but was kinda slow on updating. Then someone else decided to upload but the first translator got mad. So 2nd translator dropped it and 1st translator continues working on it. Now im confuse if this is all on NU bc it seems like there's no update ever since? :(