Resolved [CN] Help with an author's note? (BL)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by emiliers, May 8, 2021.

1. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry if this is a weird question, but I've been staring at this author's note for ages and I still can't figure it out. Specifically, the part in bold.

作者有话要说:
    十年前啊,别说什么洁不洁了。
    攻搞夏明修也不算啥雷点啊,哪像现在……我想起《张总》那篇,受不过是有个手都没拉过的朦胧月光,评论区都沦陷了。
    时代,如此的不同。

For context, the story is a BL scum abuse melodrama that the author wrote and published years ago that she's now reposting on Jinjiang since the original novel is OOP. Xia Mingxiu is the white moonlight who the gong gets together with after breaking up with the shou. The reference to President Zhang《张总》is a reference to her other, more recent work 《张总叕去拍戏了》. I understand everything from this comment except for that line where she talks about it... Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my understanding, 10 years ago (I guess when the author wrote this novel), readers were fine with the gong getting together with Xia Mingxiu (having a relationship with someone other than the shou wasn't considered a 'landmine').
    But times are different now. In her recent novel 《张总》for example, the shou only had a hazy moonlight (crush) who he hadn't even held hands with, and the comment section collapsed (readers complaining that shou isn't 'clean' - had a relationship before).

Author is just saying this novel was written years ago where times were different (people weren't so fixated about cleanliness).

emiliers, Astaroth and aShinyVaporeon like this.
  3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I'm basically guessing here, but considering 朦胧月光 means 'hazy/unclear moonlight' (related to white moonlight, probably), and 雷点 is like the reverse scale/sensitive topic, I guess it means that it means something like this:

十年前啊,别说什么洁不洁了。 --> [it was] ten years ago, don't talk about whether it was clean or not any more. (this could mean IRL ten years ago, or in-book ten years ago? Probably the former considering the authors note was written years after already posting the novel)

攻搞夏明修也不算啥雷点啊 --> the gong isn't extremely sensitive about Xia Mingxiu (or maybe...doesn't care too much?)
    哪像现在……我想起《张总》那篇,受不过是有个手都没拉过的朦胧月光,评论区都沦陷了。 --> like now, in 《张总》, the shou only had a hazy moonlight (one-sided crush, probably not very close with them) who he hadn't even held hands with, and the comment section collapsed

时代,如此的不同。--> the times have changed.

emiliers likes this.
  4. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you both! I think it was the "hazy moonlight" bit that confused me, since I've never heard that term before, but this makes a lot of sense now.

aShinyVaporeon and KazeYuki like this.