LCD Kidnapped Dragons

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by MangoGuy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor red dragon feels she isn't good enough for Yu Jitae standards

Tarrian likes this.
  2. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt bad for Yeorum here, she was just looking for a little positive reinforcement but... Haaah, Yu Jitae wasn't the place to go for it. Poor bastid's been through a bunch of lives, and each of them seems to have brought him further away from humanity and the ability to pat the poor girl on the head, tell her she's doing well but needs to work harder, then laugh as she goes all embarrassed-tsun.

On the plus side, he does seem to be thawing and regaining a little of his humanity bit by bit as he gets closer to the lil lizards.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, Tsun red dragon and coldhearted Guardian would never get along if there weren't the other dragons to mediate

Tarrian likes this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    nearly 100 chapters in, and we are still finding out about the vulnerabilities of the character... beautiful!!

kyoshijiro likes this.
  5. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, without the hell chains removing the dragons mental defense we might have never seen such a weak side from any of the dragons

sekach likes this.
  6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    True. They are inherently not human characters. But we have seen the vulnerabilities of three of the dragons, if I am not wrong. Only Bom is still a mystery, in terms of what pushes her.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  7. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    i think her problem is that she doesnt have anything pushing her. she has no desire and nothing to be passionate about. She is probably in the middle of looking for something and Yu Jitae might be the key for her

sekach likes this.
  8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Providence is a very interesting skill. Maybe, she has no interest in anything because she feels that everything is in her control. The reason why she is attracted to my man is because he is outside Providence. He is a wild variable.

9. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Her providence skill still works on him. He isn't outside providence. He just doesn't have to care because regardless of what providence shows, he is able to surpass it

MangoGuy and sekach like this.
  10. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering if the chains will become easier to bear now for the red dragon, but wasnt the restriction supposed to last until she gave up? if the restrictions eventually get bearable then why not stop there?

Now Yu Jitae will have to face the gratitude of someone whose wife he saved

11. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Jitae said he'd remove the chains if she gave up, but that doesn't mean that she has to. I think the sleep cycle is a result of her dragon heart figuring out how to adapt under the restrictions of the mini-chains, just like he did under the full ones. Lil Red's slowly getting stronger!

kyoshijiro likes this.
  12. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    "slowly" :blobunsure::hmm:

(Every talented student at lair crying)

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well when you compare her to Yu Jitae. He and the lil lizards are monsters beyond compare in that world, by comparison Lair's just a kiddy pool, lol.

Can't wait to see the meeting with the arrogant Simon, it should be a real eye-opener for him encountering incomparable power. Good thing Jitae isn't hot-headed when it comes to anything but demons or those who threaten the dragons, dude's pretty chill even when laying the smackdown like the Lair's instructors who were trying to keep Yeorum in check due to ignorance. The lightning ball incident made me laugh.

jacobpaige and kyoshijiro like this.
  14. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Im actually surprised that Lair seems to have students able to rival the red dragon. It means that some have similar levels of talent to a dragon, just without the advantage of bloodline, and less potential.

The french dude won't know what hit him.

15. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to remember that she does her fighting at Lair without using any of her draconic power, I can't remember at which point she mentioned it in passing but it was basically along the lines of it being useless to learn anything if she used it. Well, at least until he started training her personally. So really, they beat someone who had three limbs tied behind their back and she's still such a lil monster. Dragons be scary.

Acha... simple Simon blew it. He's pushing the issue and his poor crow paid the price, I'm sure he's not going to drop it either due to his arrogance. Wonder what he'd think if he found out he wasn't even dealing with the real one, but a powered-down clone?

16. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    wasnt she unable to use her dragon powers regardless? from what i understood she is restrained from using her more powerful dragon abilities in this world. when she was fighting strong people she is always on the verge of unleashing those abilities and it is implied that she will suffer grave consequences if she does. I dont think she is particularly holding back when fighting against the students of lair.

50% power of someone able to go against multiple dragons should still be enough to be overwhelmingly more powerful then everyone else in the world

Tarrian likes this.
  17. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, going back to some of the earlier interactions I found some interesting things that I'd forgotten:
    So there's definitely restrictions on revealing her real form.
    So, you're right in that there's at least a taboo, one that she sometimes struggles to abide by, and now my curiosity has me doing a re-read. An enjoyable way to spend some time, so no complaints from me.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  18. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    rereading is great as long as the story has some new insights with later information

Tarrian likes this.
  19. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh, I found it!
    tl;dr The taboo is to keep the polymorph, but even that isn't a rule per se, just a matter of pride. Her own pride is to fight the other humans strictly as a human.

She's like a lil Klingon lizard.

I just hope that by the end of all of this we get to see her go back and trash that trash sis of hers, avenging the sister she was close to, and with the best possible outcome change the rule of a generation cannibalizing each other to monopolize a blessing.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  20. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that is just messed up

Tarrian likes this.