Recommendations Any one know of any decent "Superhero" stories?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, May 8, 2021.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gotten a taste for the whole "Superhero" genre recently, as there are some decent ones on Royal Road, but I seem to have ran out.
    Anyone know of any good ones out there? Can be Translated or from things like Royalroad/Scribblehub, either is fine.

EXAMPLES;
    Worm (probably the most suggested one, though I'll admit, I've not read to far into it yet)
    Vaudevillain
    Reroll
    Perspective is Ki (This one is short. Had potential but the Author ended it)
    Super Minion
    Infamous
    The Law of Averages

NOTES:
    1): Decent Length (100+chapters or 2-3 Volumes, depending on chapter length), and/OR being actively translated (Has been updated in the last 1 - 2 months). I.E. I don't want something with 10-15 chapters that's not been updated since August 2019, but something with 5-10 chapters that's been update Mid March/Apr (or even the start) is perfectly fine.
    2): No Hentai/Smut. Adult themes/Scenes are fine, but no blatant smut (I.E. a bedroom scene just for the sake of smut).
    3): Harem tag is fine, but No Polygamy.
    4)
    : No BL/GL.

2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a novel but there's this rather new Invincible animated series. Pretty good, and the omniman is voiced by the same guy who do J. J. Jameson.

Kamuizin and Osamaru like this.
  3. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard about this around places, but I've not taken a look yet. will have to, sometime.

4. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My brain will not think up any superhero novels, it's just filled with anti-hero or villain ones which isn't very unhelpful :blobsweat:

5. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    One punch man

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  6. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a number of them out there, but I like these two series in terms of plot and character development that maintains a decent pace. All the others that I've read in recent years lack something for me. Still good reads if you look at related books on the website, but still miss something.

Wearing the Cape
    Super Powereds

7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36804/the-devils-foundry - mad scientist super villain, along with the super hero, are transported to a magic world after being thwarted by the super hero. The villain needs to uplift the locals to a point she has the resources to figure out how to make a portal to go back home.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37426/level-up-hero - old school super hero story with game elements. The MC had reluctantly given up being a hero because his lame healing ability requires him to exchange his own life force to heal, so he was basically killing himself. During a desperate situation, he was given an experimental System which enabled him to improve his abilities (normally, everyone's ability is hard set at awakening) and thus, he gets a second chance to be the hero he always wanted to be.

8. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reminded of a series I read before in Superhero setting. The name of the series is The Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson...