Spoiler Elixir of the Sun / The Lord of Sun / Master of the Sun / 태양의주인

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Dec 15, 2020.

1. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrghh... My heart... poor bayan:blob_teary: i'm glad the emperor came. But i also understood his pain while watching bayan sleepwalking and crying. My heart also ached for him:blobsob: i can't wait for the revenge part to the villagers:blobspearpeek: Thank you so much for the spoilers @Caroline_24 !

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Caroline_24 likes this.
  2. Caroline_24

Caroline_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A couple of spoilers from chapter 45 before I'll come with a complete summary: Bayan slowly realizes that her feelings for Taemu grew like a tree which was given water and fertilizer. She seems confused if he feels the same or was only trying to console her when he said he'll stay by her side and be her strength. In the meanwhile, Taemu gathered his trusted men and was investigating about sleepwalking, causes and treatment and realizes he should find out what happened with Bayan and her mom.

L.A.C.L., MissE, saphhh and 17 others like this.
  3. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He’ll be for a big surprise when he finds out how she’s been treated all her life!!!!

simplysharonda, karls and Caroline_24 like this.
  4. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YAAAAS CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ENTIRE TRIBE TO ✨ BURN ✨

AnniePoo, toneta, lylac and 1 other person like this.
  5. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sorry for not posting a detailed summary, but I have some personal issues, so I really didn't have time to read and translate the chapters. When the things will calm down a bit, I'll do that.
    In the meantime, I've flicked through chapter 46 and from what it seemed Taemu ordered the doctor to give the best medicine to Bayan for her sleepwalking disorder and he ordered Ga-Yerang to go and investigate what happened in the village from her birth till she came to the palace. Ga-Yerang remembers when he went to pick her up and decides to tell the truth to Taemu, so he asks for a private meeting. Taemu dismisses everyone else, except Ga-Yerang and Juhyul, his advisor and the general tells him that Bayan was assaulted when he went to pick her up. Taemu starts getting angry and asks him what measure did he take and when Ga-Yerang says that he didn't do anything because he was in a hurry to return to the palace, Taemu really gets very mad. He calls the shadow knight to confirm what Ga-Yerang told him and when the shadow tells him that it was all true, he really has a murderous aura. Juhyul knows that being close to the Emperor will not exempt them from their punishment and they will probably die, so he tries to appease Taemu, but with no success.
    But it seems Bayan came to calm down Taemu cause she enters abruptly into the office and Taemu blushes when he sees her.

veivei, AnniePoo, L.A.C.L. and 26 others like this.
  6. hikaiueo

hikaiueo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your effort! Good luck with your personal issue!

lylac and Caroline_24 like this.
  7. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry to hear that you are dealing with some issues!!! I wish life was always easy and time was unlimited but... I hope you can get back to your comfortable routine soon!
    I wonder if she came on purpose or it was a lucky coincidence!!! She is just like that! Saving people while walking her own path! :)

toneta and Caroline_24 like this.
  8. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    - Bayan wonders when did she start having these feelings towards Taemu. She compares them with a tree that grew beautifully eventhough not given water and fertilizer. She wants the Emperor to be all hers because she likes him. She remembers when he said that he will hold her in his arms when she cries, sleeps, laughs and he’ll be her strength and wonders if he feels the same because when he said those things it felt like a marriage proposal, but now when she thinks about it maybe he was only trying to console her.
    - While having these thoughts she notices that the pouch in which she kept the red beads from her mom and the jade knife are not on the desk and starts panicking. She calls Suyeon and with tears in her eyes she asks her if she has seen them, that they were a gift from fer mom and she doesn’t want to lose them. Suyeon tells her she put them away because there were too many people around in the morning and she didn’t want them to get lost. She takes the pouch from her maids’ hands and thanks her. Suyeon thinks that she wanted to clean the knife before giving it back to Bayan, but after she forgot. She noticed that the pouch was old and ragged and tells Bayan about it, but she replies that it was a gift from her mom and wants to keep it. Then Suyeon gives her another pouch and tells her that she can put everything inside. At first Bayan doesn’t want to take it because it seems expensive, but after she smiles and thanks her.
    - Suyeon tells Bayan her hair is messy and to let her brush her hair. While brushing her hair she asks Bayan what are the red beads and Bayan tells her about her mom, that she was a shaman and when she was young, there were lots of people coming to see her mother. Suyeon tells her that probably her mom was really strong, but thinking back Bayan realizes she didn’t use the red beads when she worked so she wonders what’s the deal with them then. Then she recalls her mom saying you can eat them when you are very sick because they will cure any disease or when you are with another man. Realizing that, she suddenly jumps on her feet and tells Suyeon she is going out to see the Emperor. Suyeon tells her she will go and get the palanquin, but rushing outside Bayan tells her it isn’t necessary because she’ll go there in person.
    - In the meantime, in Taemu’s office there are many people gathered: Ga-Yerang, the doctor, Juhyul, the minister or what is the position of the guy with long hair and glasses and the shadow who accompanied Bayan to the palace and gave her flowers.
    - They are all waiting in silence, thinking that there never were so many persons gathered at once in his office and wondering if he will give them some orders or scold them.
    - Taemu asks Maklim ( I don’t know if this is the name of the shadow with the flowers ) about his sister who seems to also have a sleepwalking disorder. Ga-Yerang is surprised hearing the question and thinks that the Emperor finally found out that Bayan was sleepwalking. Not getting a response, Taemu asks Maklim why isn’t he answering and he replies that that’s true. Taemu asks him about the symptoms and he tells him that she was wandering around the house searching for something, probably for their parents. Ga-Yerang recalls that their parents were murdered and the sister discovered their bodies.
    - Taemu asks about treatment and Maklim tells him he gave her some sleeping powder, but after he went to war, his sister was treated like she was possessed by a ghost and in the end, she took her life.
    - The doctor thinks that it’s pathetic and sad how people react when one is sleepwalking when in reality it’s just a disease, but at the same time he also was uncomfortable when he heard about Bayan’s condition. He tells Taemu that he heard from the palace doctor that Suyeon took medicine to give to Bayan, but they were mainly sleep herbs.
    - Taemu tells him that it doesn’t seen they helped because her situation didn’t improve. He thought that she was naïve and didn’t think why she needed power, he never knew what was hidden in her heart, what grudges she had.
    - Taemu and the doctor talked for some more about the symptoms and cure, but the doctor told Taemu that first the patient must acknowledge his problem and cure the cause of the outbreak.
    - Taemu thinks that he could just erase the village from the map, but he doesn’t know if Bayan would want that. He needs to find out more about Bayan and how she had lived before and about her mother.

If there are some mistakes or maybe I've misunderstood something, I apologize.
    For chapter 46 I will come back on another day.

L.A.C.L., nanu00, MissE and 21 others like this.
  9. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is stupid for showing others her blood power....this girl just making her way to danger...sigh....
    Tnx

Belle76 and MissE like this.
  10. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    - Taemu tells the Imperial physician to prepare some medicine for Bayan and use the best ingredients. The doctor is surprised by the Emperor’s request and thinks that he must really be quite fond of Bayan.
    - Taemu then turns to Ga-Yerang and tells him to go to Shiyo village together with two more knights ( or shadows ) and find out information about Bayan from her birth till she entered the palace. I didn’t understand too well their conversation, but it seems the other two knights were already investigating something else about the village and Ga-Yerang must go by himself and act more like a decoy till Taemu gets the information he wanted. Ga-Yerang has some doubts that the villagers will tell him anything, but suddenly the incident that happened when he went to pick up Bayan comes to mind and he is kinda sad that he didn’t pay much attention to Bayan then because he was in a hurry to turn back to the capital. He didn’t know that that was a serious matter for Bayan and now he plans to tell the truth to Taemu, but he doesn’t want everyone to hear about it, so he needs to come up with an excuse and remain alone with the Emperor.
    - Ga-Yerang tells Taemu that since probably everyone has heard by now that the Emperor favours Bayan, they will probably keep their mouths shut. Taemu tells him to say that the Emperor decided to remove the taxes paid by the village and try to get them to spill the secret. Ga-Yerang is surprised and asks if he really plans to remove the taxes to which Taemu says ‘No.’
    - Ga-Yerang still thinks that no one will dare to talk, but Taemu tells him that probably the other young girls who hope to become concubines will be willing to talk since they probably are not happy that the dark Shiyo who was the outcast of the village has now won the Emperor’s heart. They will probably be really envious of Bayan.
    - Ga-Yerang seems to get a bit nervous seeing the Emperor is willing to do everything for Bayan and decides that he must tell him the truth, so he asks Taemu for a private meeting. Taemu agrees and only Ga-Yerang and Juhyul remain in his office.
    - Ga-Yerang tells Taemu that he already witnessed the disgraceful behaviour of the villagers and when the Emperor asks him what he refers to, he tells him what happened when he picked up Bayan and the villagers assaulted her. Taemu seems shocked and asks Ga-Yerang how he solved the matter and he tells him that he asked Bayan what she wanted to do to which she asked him to kill them. Taemu then asks if there were more persons and the general says that she mentioned four persons and said she will kill them herself. He then tells Taemu that since he was in a hurry to get back to the capital, he let it be.
    - Suddenly Taemu calls Farak, the shadow and asks him if he saw everything that Ga-Yerang has mentioned. He confirms it and Taemu asks him why he didn’t tell him that. Farak replies that he thought it wasn’t important, but Taemu is now really angry and asks him ‘Since when you shadow decide what is important?’ Both Ga-Yerang and Farak seem to have remained speechless and they try mumbling something, but Taemu is pissed that his concubine was assaulted and they didn’t do anything. He tells Ga-Yerang that he thought he cared for Bayan and he kneels on the floor and asks for forgiveness. Taemu is emanating a killing aura when he tells him that he is in a position closer to the Emperor and still he didn’t take any action. There were some sentences that I didn’t understand, but Taemu is disappointed that even his own men are acting like the nobles he hates.
    - Ga-Yerang is trembling in fear, thinking that he was selfish, that he though only at himself and erased from his mind what happened with Bayan.
    - Juhyul thinks that this will become a mess and probably Ga-Yerang will be killed because the persons with power should always act in behalf of the people, that is the philosophy of His Majesty and since the general chose to keep silence instead of using that power, he really disappointed Taemu. He tries to appease Taemu and asks him to give them another chance since they did so many good things, but Taemu tells him ‘It’s not up to you.’ Juhyul apologizes and thinks that he can’t do anything else and probably no one could calm His Majesty, but exactly when he thinks that, they hear some noises outside and someone asking for the Emperor. The guards try to stop Bayan, but it seems that with no success cause she barges in the office with a big smile on her face. Juhyul looks at Taemu and sees him blushing and thinks that there was one, a person who can calm down His Majesty.

Like with the previous chapter, if there are some misinterpretations, I'll come back with some clarifications.

AnniePoo, L.A.C.L., nanu00 and 26 others like this.
  11. Manhwa Reader

Manhwa Reader New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the clarifications!

12. ravesdaza

ravesdaza Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone I am new but if anyone can give me spoilers of the novel I will really appreciate it and is the emperor going to find out soon because the chapters are too short

13. Kaleidoscopeview

Kaleidoscopeview Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi @Caroline_24 thank you so much for your efforts in providing us detailed spoilers. Hope everything goes well with you!

karls and Caroline_24 like this.
  14. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems that the last panel from the previous chapter of Bayan barging in the office smiling it was probably how Juhyul or Taemu were imagining, because when she entered Taemu's office she was upset because the guards tried to stop her saying that the Emperor is having a meeting and she yelled at him 'Why didn't you answer if you were inside?' Everyone was looking at her with a strange expression cause she yelled at Taemu, but she run towards him, grabbed his face in her hands and asked him if his hand is still hurting or his head was spinning or had a fever. Taemu was really happy that she was preoccupied for him and pats her head and says that she is the one who has a fever and she should have stayed at her place. There was some cute dialogue between them, but I'll come back another time with a full summary.
    Ga-Yerang was bleeding from his head from when he bowed and hit his forehead apologizing for his mistake and when Bayan finally saw him, she told him to go and see the palace doctor for treatment. He was surprised that she didn't offer to treat him with her blood and after he left the office, she told Taemu that she was mean, but she didn't want to waste her blood in case that something dangerous happens and Taemu needs her blood. I think he was quite happy because he suddenly kissed her and said that he liked her the way she is.

AnniePoo, L.A.C.L., nanu00 and 22 others like this.
  15. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It always puzzles me with this bleeding from bowing thin!!! What angle do you need to use when hitting your head to the straight floor to make it bleed....

Belle76 and Dvenger like this.
  16. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose he was really sorry for disappointing Taemu, so he hit hard his head to the floor and that caused him to bleed. :)

zemblenity and Liliss like this.
  17. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but imagine if you try it! To break the skin enough to bleed there should be some bumps or something on the floor ... it might make it ref or scratch the skin but not break it... lol maybe I’m overthinking!

18. cchr22

cchr22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, anyone has the bookpal link to buy the novel? I tried to search the novel, but it didn't come out TT TT

19. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So… I recently picked up this novel again after months of putting it on hold, so I thought to note down the main events while memory is still fresh. BE AWARE, this is an extremely simplified version of the main story line. And Im almost certain I would miss parts of important events, with lots of already forgotten character's names. Please read at your discretion.

Manhwa just finished at where Dan (ML) found out Bayan (FL) sleep walk. I don’t even remember what happened directly after that. The most recent events I could recall started from the palace prepared a royal party where all of the women from the harem and the nobles attended. During the party, someone brought up the idea of a “harem talent show” and they would pick a winner among the women. Dan could grant the winner a favour/wish. Dan gave a theme, mask, for the talent show. Some women performed singing, dancing etc the usual talents one would expect from women in the harem. But Dan thought none of the women’s performance truly matched the theme he gave. Then Bayan said she would also like a chance to participate. She recited a paragraph from a book written by a famous philosopher that went into detail how Emperor has to show various sides to be a successful ruler, hence, owning many masks for the role (something along the line) and won the competition (while wowing all the attendees of the party).

This was the result from Bayan’s effort she put in her study. The novel gave quite a lot of portrayal prior to this party event on how hard Bayan studied for literature, writing, and reading in general, so it was no surprise here. Bayan whispered her wish to Dan. Dan then announced in the party to raise Bayan’s rank to Cha-in (4th highest status). I don’t remember what the status of the other women were, but it caused a ruckus among the noble. Everyone now knows Bayan is indeed, very special to the emperor. However, what Bayan whispered to Dan was actually not this. She just wanted Dan to return with her back to her place, holding hands. (She just wanted to take a walk with him after the party is over). Bayan originally wasn’t even interested in participating the talent show, until it was announced a winner could get a reward from the emperor. She was concerned that other women would ask for a night with him, so she just didn’t want that. Therefore, she didn’t put much thought on what she should ask for after she won; because her “goal” was already achieved when she won. (Bayan is seriously cute)

The main plot here was that all the women was introduced. The mute princess from Ranohk, Galan, was later revealed to be an important character. (I seriously don’t remember the name of the country nor the character LOL, take it with a grain of salt).

When the party was over, Dan had to deal with a sudden matter so he let Bayan return first. On the way back, Bayan found a small packet in her carriage and when she opened it, mysterious powder flew out and as it came in contact with her skin, she immediately felt pain.

Not long after, Bayan’s maid barged in Dan’s meeting and bagged him for help. Dan rushed to Bayan’s place to only see her lied on the bed, enduring the excruciating pain brought by the poison, the Lupin powder. Lupin powder was a very expensive and rare poison due to its horrific effect. It is extremely corrosive and eats/melts away the skin. (Imagine strong acid). When Dan saw Bayan, her skin was in such a terrible state, her flesh was exposed and bleed non-stop. A large area of her face was covered by cysts (as if the skin was burn). Unfortunately, Bayan’s self-heal was not in effect because Dan drank her blood just a few days ago. On top of that, her body nullifies all the pain killer the physician could find. So the only thing they could do was waiting for Bayan’s self-heal to kick back in and heal herself. Bayan somehow couldn’t even lose conscious (and there was no way to induce coma from). Dan asked Bayan what he could do for her, and all Bayan asked for was for him to hold her. Bayan didn’t make any sound while she was fighting the poison, but Dan felt her body’s trembling as he held her for the entire night. Bayan couldn’t self-heal until the break of dawn of the following day. (This part was mostly written in Dan’s POV, and it was such a killer).

Bayan was finally able to lose conscious after she began to heal herself. Dan ordered the physician to look after Bayan until she recovers, and asked Hyul (don’t remember the name again, just one of the guy that always follows him) to gather all the nobles in the morning meeting. He then asked his shadow guards for a sword and head over to the meeting. In the meeting, Dan decided to move forward with his plan of “cleaning up the court”. Apparently, he has been working in secret to gather substantial amount of evidence of crimes committed by the corrupted nobles (many nobles). He was going to wait on it (forgot the reason, probably just wasn’t fully done with the investigation), but the incident from last night obviously changed his mind (BTW, news travels fast in the imperial palace. most of the people already learned Bayan’s poisoning last night). He beheaded 3 people right on the spot and threw a bunch of people in jail (by revealing the evidence of their crimes). From this day, Dan ordered the team that once escorted Bayan from Shiyon village to the palace as her personal guard. They are to protect Bayan’s place 24-7.

Dan became busy from work as he started the “cleanse”, he now had to remove the corrupted noble while set up the national exam to find candidates of replacement. (Since Im already familiar with this policy before, excuse my laziness for not looking up the English version of this. Basically, it’s a true Eastern historical occurrence where the country set up the palace to allow anyone, nobles or commoners, to take a nationwide exam. The participants who passed the exam would receive job/ work positions based on their score. This was the only official way for commoners to be able to get a “government” job). The women visited Bayan’s place to congratulate on her “survival” (Most ppl would have died from Lupin powder, as there is no known cure). Bayan kept her healing power in secret, so she wore a cloth to hide her face when the women visited. Most of the women I just ignored, except Galan. When Galan visited, she asked Bayan for a future favour in exchange for teaching her more knowledge. Bayan accepted her proposal for several reasons: 1, she could feel that Galan was genuinely not interested in earning emperor’s attention, so she wouldn’t try to harm Bayan. 2, Dan got busy with his work, so she did need another teacher. Given her status, she couldn’t ask men for the position, so her options were quite limited. 3, Galan also revealed that she knew the truth behind the Shiyon tribe, something that Bayan was desperately trying to seek.

As a result, Galan began to help Bayan with her study. Besides study of literature, she also insisted Bayan learns mathematics, which she really struggled LOL.

~Truth of the Shiyon tribe ~

Real Shiyons actually had black hair. The silver haired Shiyons were actually a group of people who took advantage of the real Shiyon generations after generations. I don’t know how accurate this is, but they either ate or drank the flesh and blood of the real Shiyons so much and for so long, that their hair turned silver (like a curse). We know that Shiyon’s blood has healing power, but I’m not sure about their flesh… Anyway, I just took it as the real Shiyons were victimized to the point they basically went extinct. The currently silver haired villagers have healing power, but it’s on borrowed terms. It’s almost like a lingering effect from consuming the real Shiyons over generations. The more healing they perform, the shorter their life span will be. They eventually would lose the ability of any kinds of self-heal, even less than a normal human. For example, everyone could recover from a simple scratch or cut themselves, but the silver hair Shiyons could not even do that if they use too much of their power.

Not long after Bayan learned the truth, she finally faced those scums who hurt her mom (Dan captured and sent them over). Bayan knew that they will suffer and live a miserable life without her lifting a finger (I think they drank so much of Bayan’s blood over the years, their fate is already sealed). But she still came up a way to punish them. She locked them up in a cave, and only provided food enough for 1 person. She would unlock the place after 1 month, if those scums could survive until that time, they will be free to go. Bayan and her mom were always on the brink of starving, so she wanted these scums to know what it felt like to starve. She even made the meal looked the same as the meal that poisoned her mom, although she didn’t actually put poison in those meal. But it was enough of a mental torment. In the end, some didn’t survive. I don’t remember how they dealt with the alive ones, but the truth of Shiyons was announced in the end, so everyone in the country knew the silver haired Shiyons were fake.

Although Dan already set up many loyal guards on Bayan’s side (he eventually split some of his shadow guards to Bayan as well), he still felt the imperial palace will always have risk. He was not willing to leave any chance, so he came up with an idea. He purposely encouraged one of the opposing forces to set Bayan’s place on fire (He wasn’t the one who actually did it, but he was aware someone was thinking of hurting Bayan and “lead” them to the arson). This could give Bayan an excuse to escape the palace. They prepared in advance and as soon as the fire started, the guards took Bayan to the already arranged hiding place.

Damn... thought I could finish the summary in one post... Just want to mention that regarding Bayan and Dan's romance. There was not a single threat in the entire story. Their relationship was rock solid. I will share a glimpse of their sweet moments (If I could still remember them LOL) after I finished the summary of the main story.
    And a heads up. I have not read the side story yet, but most likely will, because the main story didnt explain lots of the "aftermath." Hoping I could get more details in the side story.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  20. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty for the spoil

Ty for the spoil