Spoiler Thorns Piercing Me/나를 찌르는 가시

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. bbycrkt90

bbycrkt90 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so is there a place to read more on the story...everywhere I go to read it only has up to chapter 22...I read here that theres a novel too? I'm invested and want to read either one...idk if I'm lookjn in the wrong places or if there only is 22 chapters but then yall are tslkin bout scenes I have resd... I'm so confused...I have tappytoon also and it only has 16 chapters

Candygirl likes this.
  2. wasabisazzdafirst

wasabisazzdafirst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou sm for the spoilers!! Did ml ever apologised to fl for treating her that way?? Im literally so stressed out by the fl's perspective in this story, its like she's always on the edge :cry::cry::cry: ugh i just wanna hug heesu rn. she's gone through so much and she's the last person who deserves to be treated like that

3. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This literally why this thread is created :blobjoy:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  4. rigelbreeze

rigelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    siwold means newlywed

boom2424 likes this.
  5. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah so it is that. I see. Makes sense.

6. eshal

eshal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! My mother tongue is English. I can proofread if you're still looking for one. I know you made this comment months ago, but..

syofiaa likes this.
  7. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know, how people become mannock? What's the factors about this?

DOHere and boom2424 like this.
  8. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's something like when a foreigner (people from other world) comes to this world, they get some kind of infection which turns them into mannock. And as far as I've read, only foreigners are turned into mannock, not the original land-dwellers. Maybe some kind of side effect of being in a different world? Something like that...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
    syofiaa, MLisMyHubby and boom2424 like this.
  9. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But, why the MC not get infect? She's also from the another world

10. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She hasn’t been bitten. I think I read in one of the spoilers that the infection was made, to increase fear of foreigners and wealth of the church. That the infection is caused through a bite, like in normal zombie movies and need not happen to foreigners but are forced to happen anyways for the convenience of things.

syofiaa, MLisMyHubby and its0k like this.
  11. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Jimmy for the explanation.. But, I confused about when the MC's friend got bitten? Cause I read the manhwa, there isn't a show about the MC's friend got bitten.. She's just get red eye on the left first. Sorry, my English not good:blob_patpat:

syofiaa likes this.
  12. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So MAJOR BUT NOT REALLY RELEVANT SPOILER.
    There are 2 triggers for turning into Maenok. When Earth people warp into Galia (where Maenok exists), they need to have SILVER on them in order to be immune from turning into Maenok. Heesu's accessories set bought from the guy on the plane actually saved her. The second trigger is when any form of Maenok (flesh, body fluid) is consumed or enters the body.
    It was unclear which one was Minju's trigger, could be either. Cause as far as I know, how long it would take for them to turn into Maenok seems random. (Or I didnt read the novel detailed enough).
    A general spoiler(?) The truth behind Maenok was revealed very late in the novel, and tbh, they only played a huge role in the beginning, so I really wasn't paying attention to this part. If you are hoping to see the conflict between the 2 nations (Earth VS Galia) resolved at the end, you will be disappointed. The novel didnt go for that route. HOWEVER, manhwa is going in a very direction than novel as it stand now, so maybe manhwa would try to explore that storyline.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  14. Thclownn

Thclownn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MANHWA IS TOTALLY GOING INTO ITS OWN DIRECTION
    at least for so far.
    I got blown out of the water by the latest manhwa chapter's difference.

and again, based on the recent observations, Im betting that
    Manhwa is very likely going to take out all the smut
    So if you came for the smut, I suggest you embrace yourself.
    Friendly reminder, Im only doing spoilers for comparison between manhwa and novel. Wont go into details on the manhwa side.

So much changes have been made so far. They didnt have their first night like in the novel, so everything that happened on their first night in manhwa is pretty much original.
    In the novel, after Kalix stepped into the shower, Heesu thought she was about to be abandoned, so she started to pound on the bathroom door and forced Kalix to come out without having time to put on his clothes. Heesu at that point, has pretty much made up her mind, that if she were to be sold off and work as a prostitute, then she might as well choose Kalix. So she is determined to sleep with him that night. Kalix, on the other hand, was trying to find a reason/cause that would make him impossible to return to the temple. (His conversation with Halo made him suspect the temple is trying hard to get him back). So half from breaking the rule of calibacy, half from his desire for Heesu, Kalix gave in, and that how their first night came about. Kalix didnt take this lightly, he did make a promise to himself that he will be taking responsibility for Heesu (like a husband to a wife) if they were going to get intimate.

Next day, a male doctor came to the room to examine Heesu. So Heesu was nervous the whole time, unlike in the manhwa, the female doctor made Heesu at ease (and able to guess the person could be a doctor). Kalix was with her during the examination and had to hold her cause she kept moving.
    The doctors' diagnoses were the same, both told Kalix that Heesu's vocal cord is fine. She needs to be in a peaceful environment to help her recover from her trauma and that she should be able to talk one day on her own.
    Then after that, manhwa took its own spin. They got into a misunderstanding because Heesu couldn't understand when Kalix tried to give her the ointment. That was not an issue in the novel cause Kalix actually treated her himself (they've already had a physical relationship, so touching her skin was nothing). He saw the whip marks on her body and treated them regularly. He was more bothered by the wounds than Heesu herself.
    Going back to manhwa, after Kalix left the room from the misunderstanding, the green hair dude showed up. His name was finally revealed here, Claude. He tried to hurt Heesu again, but Kalix got back in time. Heesu put up a mighty fight herself, hitting him with her forehead, and unconsciously
    CALLED OUT KALIX's NAME. In the novel, Heesu did not regain her ability to speak until later on. So a huge change manhwa made here.
    Im personally quite happy about this change because in novel, Heesu spoke for the first time when one of Kalix's friends showed her a cell phone, and she was so shocked by the familiar object, she shouted out "cell phone" right away. Kalix was absent when that happened, so he wasnt the first one who heard Heesu spoke. And novel didn't describe the first moment when Heesu said Kalix's name. It was just mentioned as a passage. So manhwa made this specific moment more special. Im quite interested to see how the manhwa would progress as its taking out the smut and changing the original plotline here and there.
    Low key hoping the tall guy barged in at the end of manhwa is Carlos. He was the greatest assist in helping Heesu and Kalix's romantic development.

smeilia, syofiaa, MLisMyHubby and 9 others like this.
  16. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought novel on ridibooks. My team translate the novel to mother language. I read the novel by using google translate. OMG I love it.
    I like Kallis. He so cute. I like how Kallis love and protects Hee Soo

17. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Haku :blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:

18. wunc

wunc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there any link of this novel that translated to english yet?

19. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet. But I have raw Korean

boom2424 likes this.