Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #xwtrec
    Haha maybe I should add mc and fl name since they did a great job making varied names hehe
    Now this one is
    I heard I'm divorced
    So I'm checking becoming heroine's vicious ex wife author and found this.
    Generally I don't read broken mirror and rebuild marriage/relationship, but its not that bad, there's still obligatory drama but since the story is short its not too long winded
    8/10

Now this one is really interesting

Don't disturb my gacha
    The world is xuanhuan with game element
    Mc is a rebirth, she came back to the past. So the world has game element thingy, mc also has memories of modern world.
    Fl is the leader of human immortal emperors, but she has a lot of secret identities, so actually we see fl pretty early as masked woman, but her real identity will be meet later.
    Mc is very shameless, and she does the obligatory gacha ritual, such as worshipping fl photo (fl asked her to put the photo down after she knew haha), grabbing fl hand and fl clothes. Fl is super lucky being.
    Mc is originally water user, but then she got a dark ball and become dark user, and a light ball. Mc then went to dream world and make her city in dream world (mc is king). Mc city has internet mc developed herself - monternet, basically trade, adventure quests, forum etc. Later mc also getting spatial powers.
    Basically your usual upgrade novel with shameless mc but mc is female lol. Also fl is a bit slow when it comes to feelings.
    I have read up to 124.

2. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh lord I haven't gotten a notification from here in...months.

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back?

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks hahaha. I wonder if there's been any new yuri translated lately. Still waiting on the next Reconciliation updoot.

5. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately I'm hooked up on reading omega verse, from generic abo a attack o accept into o attack a accept. But I still haven't read (and didn't want to read aa oo novel yet).
    I actually don't like the setting, but I found out its not that bad lol

#xwtrec

Backlog
    穿成绿里茶气的女配o
    Transmigrated into Green Tea like Villainess O
    Mc is transmigrated into a vicious villainess in story, system ask her to perform green tea routine and badmouth heroine everyday. Unexpectedly heroine is interested at her.
    Male lead: what, that's green tea!

AsianessPride likes this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  7. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, I have been enjoying "after being bent by a reader". Decided to go along with the translation rather than reading ahead, so I am only at ch 30 but I am loving the slow build up of the relationship, with the author taking the time to build up the characters and I actually can see them as actual people rather than manifestations of weird tropes and archetypes. The title and synopsis made me expect an average quick shlocky read (a genre I openly enjoy, so I hope nobody takes offence in my words) to relieve boredom but I am genuinely enjoying the time reading the story.
    Also good work on the translators' part, very clean and comprehensive.

Also, thinking of beginning to read another novel by the author of
    新米男爵令嬢、悪役公爵令嬢に慕われまくる。私って本当に、ヒロインなの?(the one where Baron girl otome game mc x Villainess)
    Which I am loving right now. It's about an op Countess daughter and also has a "girls love" tag(obviously, since I'm writing in this thread). I'll give my review later.
    8 chapters in, and it's hilarious, but has its sad and funny moments. The characters are already well-defined and I am loving the story so far.
    Hope it won't be like last time when I was yuri baited tho...

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  8. samwalski

samwalski Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its hard to find translated novels in this thread lol

9. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    All the translated novels are already on the site lol

10. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    纯情太子爷一亲就冒烟gl
    The prince is smoked as soon as she's kissed
    This one is kinda special. So mc, an ancient female cross dressed prince, is killed, and she's gone to modern times as cross dressing president. She's shocked to know that fl is her ancient princess and bla bla.
    Annoying system, veryyy annoying. Also unnecessary random dog blood and crematorium
    7/10
    (I skipped the whole random in few ch, basically around the time fl go abroad lol)

This one is short less than 20 ch
    穿书成救世的修罗族公主
    Transmigrated as Asura Princess to save the world
    Mc modern transmigrated into a book

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm feeling mighty upset.
    Recently, I mentioned a story called 転生伯爵令嬢の愛情生活。出来る範囲で、みんなを幸せにします! by the author of the absolutely lovely villainess x heroine story 新米男爵令嬢、悪役公爵令嬢に慕われまくる。私って本当に、ヒロインなの?
    The story had a girls love tag and I had a good feeling about it, so I began reading it with relish. 151 chapters in, and I am feeling complicated. Originally it went somewhere along the lines of a polyamorous harem, then the relationships were teased and now we still don't have mc in a relationship with any of the leads! Worse... Worse yet is that it has ntr. Mc's sister married someone else despite loving mc above anyone else (and it was a man too! The anger! Well, it's actually a goddess in a male body but still, the anger!) another not that important character but one of some significance got married to mc's brother.
    In short, I was thoroughly baited. Worse still, there are still plenty ships and a possibility that the goddess dies so that mc sister can come back to mc, so I still am going to read it.
    I feel betrayed, used and abused.
    :blob_teary:
    I could use some good recommendations of Japanese light-hearted yuri novels, preferably in a medieval magical setting with nobles to heal my battered and bruised heart

12. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    异世界偶像经纪人
    6BB5BF0A-6F6A-4F12-B2C0-AC68FD9BFE72.jpeg 4AFDB20D-BE21-4DF8-A42A-E979ABA79F2B.jpeg 475C1E1B-6803-49B8-A9C7-1E30DE357FC1.jpeg F93CA1EB-AA8D-44D1-A87C-8CA06DE14714.jpeg 30ECD6E8-04BB-4D85-9077-C071AACF57CB.jpeg 766E161B-9E49-4D73-947F-26F75D692F49.jpeg EC7FCFB2-BE20-4B4C-8841-DDCDE6600CC7.jpeg 7ACE0E59-1D99-4C61-A0CC-2D6673BD022E.jpeg 21B7EE35-A2DB-4380-8082-7679C907A238.jpeg

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Moonpearl likes this.
  13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    穿书成救世的修罗族公主
    This one the sudden twist because of how short the story is too much. So mc has althe power of creation, ends up at dragon world, meets yuanlong who killed fl, mc is remembering her past and why she can't reincarnate and why did she reincarnate to modern world. Mc the killed yuan long and has mastered the power of creation
    Everyone who follow mc shocked since mc killed umtimate dragon. Mc ask everyone to go back to asura realm, go to heaven to grab fl soul, scolds fl shitty dad who calculated she and fl in the past. Mc retreat to heal fl, heaven declare war, mc team blocked them. Mc is out, and taking care of heaven clans by making them into fertilizer... Yep this sentence shocked me, too lol.
    The beginning is very annoying, basically mc who awakened the god perspective and knows fl past x fl rebirth who did various wrong things in the past and mc is very resistant to fl
    7/10, 8 for shortness

I can tl if someone else willing to typeset and clean

14. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, that's twice in the last few weeks right? This is partially why I just cannot bring myself to reading anything on syosetu cause there's just that really scary possibility of it being bait. They're not exactly stringent with what gets tagged as yuri after all...

15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr? Second time, damnit

16. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I can tl if someone else w
    Tl ch 1
    Different World's Idol Agent

Chapter 1

Am I really transmigrated?

“The glimmer deep in the heart, finally break through and blossom”

“The boundless night sky above,

Is twinkling with our dreams,

The tears we shed and the wounds we sustained, “

“Will become medals on our

Years later, “

“No matter where the future takes us, we will never stop singing, “

“Today is QOP’s third birthday. On this special day, we would like to thank all of you on stage and in front of the screen, “

“Your love and support is why we keep on singing! “

“Additionally, we must also thank someone who has always standing behind us..... It’s her car, she’s here!”

“That’s right, I’m here.”

She is the founder of the QOP girl group, the famous idol producer, Teacher Yue Qiu!” (Not sure whether her surname is Le or Yue, but probably Yue because of her nickname moon god... This founder could mean patriarch lol)

“It’s Founder! Founder is so Awesome!”

“Founder!”

Perhaps because of her behaviour, her reputation isn’t very good so ......

“People referred her as...Showbiz's “Underworld Queen”

“But for us, she was the one who helped us to achieve our dreams.”

“Without her protection, we may never have made it this far... “

“Yu Xiaomeng, be confident and drop the “may””

“It’s amazing that you’ve managed to keep going for three years without getting cold feet, as you do every now and then.”

“But if you hadn’t worked so hard and never given up in the face of great difficulties, I wouldn’t have been able to help you even if I was a God.”

“Well! Tonight’s fireworks, cheers and applause, you’re qualified to enjoy them!

“Yu Xiaomeng, why don’t you change your name to Yu Hanhan (silly Yu) ! Did you forget? “

“I told you not to get too close to that surnamed Shen, now you’re in trouble!”

“Even if you really like the guy, can you not get caught on camera by the paparazzi everywhere? Do you think you’re still the same unpopular Xiaomeng three years ago?”

“Sorry big sis Qiu, it’s my fault ......

“What’s the point of apologizing when your ass is already wiped clean!

“How dare you laugh, Li Mo? Just a moment ago, you sang off key twice in the chorus again? Did you think I didn’t hear it?

“Really, they worry me, when will they be able to act like mature idols...

“Teacher Yue

“oh my, isn’t it lao Dong? I didn’t expect you to watch our ragtag group's live?

“If I remember correctly, this photo was taken when Yu Xiaomeng’s foot slipped and she almost fell and Shen Hao caught her, right?

“It’s not very nice of you to misrepresent a well-intentioned gesture as a one-sided act of sexual favours, and to use such false evidence to smear my artist, right?

“Then tell the reporters, convince the sharp eyes of the public~

“We had a deal, to use our friendships to take care of this, but isn’t it more convenient to hype the senior brother x little sister ship, which is good for both sides, so why would you change your mind?

“Of course for sure!

“surely!

“The reason is~ your Shen Hao is too cunning and greasy to deserve my pure and newly popular Xiaomeng~

“Can you smear someone’s innocence just because of a few pop-ups?

“Of course, I’m looking for the ‘best interest for my artist’, and to achieve that, I don’t care what anyone thinks of me – including you.

“Since this is your creed, then I can only wish you to be “healthy, safe and sound”...

“I’ll take your auspicious words then~

“So tired ...... What even is “idol founder”, no different than being a nanny...

“Quickly, get her to the ICU!

“At 10pm today, famous idol's agent Yue Qiu was seriously injured in a car accident and is in a coma. She is being resuscitated and isn’t in a life-threatening condition.

“Where am I... My head, back, ass and the whole body hurts...

“I ...... am I going to die...

“No, no, I can’t .........

“If I hadn’t been watching attentively behind them, then with them silly IQ, they would have been played by the old foxes in the showbiz, damn it

“I...

“I can’t die!

“A traveller between life and death ......

“Your obsession, I receive it.

“Surprisingly, I can wake up ......

“Where is this, who are you, how did I get here ......

“Well ...... This is the border of Nadia Kingdom, in the forest near Xilin village

“What kingdom?

“Na-Nadia Kingdom, the largest human race kingdom located in the centre of the continent. You know about Nadia Kingdom, right?

“It doesn’t look like a prank variety show either, don’t tell me what that strange woman has said is real?

“Am I really Transmigrated!?

Extra bubble at kabedon

Nani? It’s over so soon? Is there more?

Ah! There’s more! Today, we’re going to have three consecutive episodes to keep you entertained.

From blue to green

Support

Ticket

Bookmark

Praise

Yea this is exactly why I think chinese gl stories are better, less bait.
    I mean... Sigh. Slow yuri is yuri, so things that you need to squint through straw sometimes labelled yuri.
    Personally I avoid TS on narou but then I don't usually read jp wn

17. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! And yes, I've just read the second chapter. Seems promising, loving the prose (the translator is doing God's work) which might mean I will have to follow the translation rather than the author with mtl

18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    And another recs
    #xwtrec
    江老师今天吃醋了吗
    Is teacher Jiang jealous today?
    Mc has a first love secret crush since she was school girl, and she's her fellow teachers.

拯救小炮灰
    Saving little cannon fodder
    Mc who loved money and making money is tasked by the system to save cannon fodder for money

19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Different World Idol Agents
    异世界偶像经纪人
    D955AE85-A397-4954-84CC-E8D94E58521C.jpeg 9FBFFB99-4B94-4E5F-8E0D-2121E49A2916.jpeg B9796C37-D1F9-45E6-B726-EAA1871698D2.jpeg 6B55BDC8-9370-4CBA-8B3D-246F3DDDFBA2.jpeg 0E583FE7-920E-4E30-B0FE-84D37C127F5C.jpeg ED96D0B4-1B71-4E17-B192-5015EB9080E5.jpeg 115686D9-6414-40D2-851E-0A571FBC2B42.jpeg 040BC78E-88AB-4EF6-A6B7-24A397FD54EA.jpeg 4EB51844-3527-495D-9435-AF2DB7302989.jpeg 7F0CBB3B-7FB6-47D9-9E9E-7F83DC928D68.jpeg AC833788-061C-45D1-AFB3-90616D9440B4.jpeg A5B1888C-A086-440E-8810-B4839C30FC56.jpeg ED2956D7-017D-408A-BD25-C4DB13FDD60E.jpeg 4AB28DFD-BA88-490D-8857-115C3AF883B1.jpeg E5FAD7C5-944E-41FB-BD3A-2D827FF5CE42.jpeg

:love::love::love::love::love:
    Hopefully someone translate it
    异世界偶像经纪人
    8BAE5611-4E3B-4D60-976E-BEA4E22B368C.jpeg