Spoiler The Reason for Marriage / 결혼의 이유

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, May 12, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-reason-for-marriage/

https://ridibooks.com/books/809026164

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/결혼의_이유_1?id=xx0OEAAAQBAJ&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Description:
    “I heard you have a fiancé? Do you love him?”

One day, Daniel comes to Iveka, who has lost her memories of working for the Bureau of Judicial Affairs, and arrives with an unexpected offer: marriage.

“You must be busy, but it’s a simple matter of business. How about marrying me?”
    “Excuse me? Of all women, why me…?”
    “Of course, you can refuse if you don’t want to do it. You might not even like the queen’s position.”

However, it won’t be like a fairy tale. He had not fallen in love with her at first sight. It was a proposal unlike any other, and a sudden fate as a queen. Will she be nothing more than just a queen to be taken advantage of?

The reason for this wedding is yet to unfold.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Ceilo27 likes this.
  3. YoO Na

YoO Na Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks interesting... spoilers please❤️❤️

4. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Thclownn

Thclownn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't speak Korean at all and only MTL-read this series, so some details here might be incorrect.

After Iveca marries Daniel and her feelings for him grow, she becomes increasingly unhappy over that there is a mysterious woman in his past named Eve who he seems to have really loved. However, this past lover of his was in fact Iveca herself, only she doesn't remember this because her memory's been erased. So the actual "reason for marriage" is that Daniel loves her.

There's a lot of political intrigue as well, and various reasons why Daniel won't just tell her this. Her "Eve" persona was very different from the current Iveca.

By the way, the author has also written another series about this world, set a few years earlier. It's about Daniel's younger sister, a princess who poisoned their older brother because he was going to force her to marry an evil old tyrant. As punishment for the crime, she is isolated in her chambers until execution. Her imprisonment is made more bearable by the fact that she is regularly visited by a prince from a neighboring country who sneaks in through the castle's secret passages for some hot trysts. So that story is also pretty interesting. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  7. BananaShake

BananaShake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I really love how the translator translated it in English. Words were perfectly chosen, understandable, and grammar was almost perfect.

nowaynoway and aneliese like this.
  8. hsyakt

hsyakt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does daniel knows that iveca and eve is the same person from the start cuz he still searched for eve even after being married to iveca:hmm:

Avery Very likes this.
  9. raeeeda

raeeeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know anything about anriq and if he actually feels anything for her or not and does he feel jealous of the emperor

10. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for sharing. Did you read the mtl somewhere or did you purchase the book?

also would you happen to know the name of the author’s other book? I really enjoy the world building done here and the political intrigue is really cool to read about.

aneliese likes this.
  11. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://play.google.com/store/books/details/결혼의_이유_1?id=xx0OEAAAQBAJ&hl=en_GB&gl=US

I purchased the book from Google Play through the link that was posted in this thread. Their online reader has a translation plugin you can MTL-read each page with. The translation quality is not great, but it's mostly understandable at least.

Here is the author's other series about Daniel's imprisoned sister: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/한시내_나의_자리_1?id=c4PQDwAAQBAJ&hl=en_GB&gl=US

I think there's also a third series set in the same universe, from the perspective of the sister's best friend and her own romance, but I haven't read that one.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  12. nsrin

nsrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers please

13. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    Feelings in a Dream and My Place have already manhwa so I hope this novel will also adapt into manhwa.. The description seems interesting that I want to read the whole story :blob_teary:

14. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers?

15. Nea1404

Nea1404 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading manhwa about the sister's bestfriend POV. cannot believe it's relate to this series.

16. Echichichi

Echichichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gutted that Feelings in a Dream became manhwa adaptation but not this one...I don't like the FL in Feeling in a Dream (I forgot her name, let's call her bitch?lol) cuz she snitched on her friend murdering her brother (the other one, not this novel ML) on the pretext of obeying the "Law" (cuz he was planning to marry off the sister (which was bitch?'s supposedly bff) to tyrant emperor for his benefits), which leading to her friend confinement (her friend is The Reason for Marriage ML's younger sist), but that bitch? buying smuggled of books from banned country & using banned potion like it's nothing..what a bitch..the books is erotic books..who in the right mind will share an erotic books to a person in confiment! the bitch had also bragged abt her oh-so-good relationship with her bf to that imprisoned person! that's why I feel this novel should've been adapted to manhwa better than that other series with that bitch? in it..
    I read Finding My Place Manhwa first & not really wanting to read Feeling in a Dreams manhwa..
    Btw, I think I read some info abt the other ego of FL in this series (Eve) in Finding My Place Manhwa..the princess (ML's younger sist) tell a story about an excellent magician named Eve which was a commoner but had immense talent in magic & had helped with the magic barrier(?) within the palace, the princess always mentioned Eve in the story to her brother (this novel ML), like she couldn't shut up about Eve..lol ..I bet she's a fan of her..
    I haven't read this novel TL...anyone can tell me if I can read something about ML's sist future in this novel? The younger sist name is Princess Ashe (or Asha?)

Well...what I said earlier, i guess the Eve mentioned in the other novel/manhwa isn't the same with this novel's Eve..lol..Finding My Place mentioned briefly about Queen Eve (Ametan former king's consort, a genius commoner who place ancient magic across the royal palace)..sadly I can't posted the SS from Finding My Place manhwa here..

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  17. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I get why Ashe was mentioning everytime she could- even in bed- that Eve lol. But are theu the same?

DOES ANYONE KNOWS How Daniel fell in love with Eve/Iveca? I really love Daniel from 'My Place' and I kind of dislike the fact that he even liked Lizen (the snitch of a friend of the Princess Ashe) a bit even if it was in the past. So does anyone knows how was the timeline?
    Was it like this?
    School in love with Lizen-> sometime in the story in love with Eve/Iveca-> she loses her memory?->married Iveca because she was his Eve->happily married? OR he was always in love with Iveca/Eve?

Also, HOW DOES Iveca loses her memory??

18. DAngel7

DAngel7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi,
    well actually I’m reading the manhwa Feeling in a Dream (and I don’t know if the manhwa is different from the novel but):
    The FL of Feeling in a Dream (Lizen) actually helps and saves her best friend the princess (sister of Daniel) - the evil Queen confined and accused the princess of poisoning her big brother (the Crown Prince William) under the pretext because he was planning to marry her off, but the princess BFF/ FL (Lizen) testify that she was also visiting the princess that night and drank the same tea as her brother William, and she’s fine, so the princess couldn’t have poisoned him. Besides the princess loved her brother and was ready to do anything (even to be married off to another country) if it means to help her brother supporting him politically. But the evil Queen managed to kill Crown Prince William before he became Emperor.

So FL (Lizen) who is also friends with Daniel and his best friend (Kaizen), joins them to help them prove the Queen is behind the poisoning (so her son can get the throne) and help Daniel win the battle for the throne and become an Emperor.
    Also FL (Lizen) and the princess were really close friends! The princess even tries to help to set up FL to spend time with Daniel because she knows FL likes him… but Lizen knows Daniel needs a strong noble lady by his side as he becomes Emperor and just wants to silently support him and help him as a friend. (Very noble of her) But while working together Lizen and Kaizen (ML in “Feeling in a Dream” and Daniels’ best friend) develop feelings for each other.. and the story is also about their romance on the backdrop of them working together risking their lives to help Daniel become Emperor.

So I think that the FL and ML in “Feelings in a Dream” are really cool. I hope all the three series novels get turned into manhwa because I would love to see it!

19. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The timeline of 'Feelings in a Dream' and 'My Place' are different, but overlap. The first covers the investigation into the CP's death whereas the second just cuts to end of it. In 'My Place', we find out that the CP wanted to marry the princess off to a murderous psychopath of a king (CP does know that he's pretty much will die if he does this, but thinks she should sacrifice herself for him regardless). The princess uses a discreet poisoning technique to poison CP to save herself. Eventually, the friend finds a book from her late mentor that includes the poisoning method. Turns out her mentor developed a special poison for the princess to use (as a means of self preservation). The friend barages into the place yelling about betrayal and turns in her mentor's journal without a second thought and thinking to ask about her 'friend's' actions, allowing her to get sentenced to death.

FL of 'Feelings' apologised off screen to the viewers after essentially handing over the sentence. While the princess is awaiting her execution date, that FL talks about how excited she is for wedding while implying she wishes the princess could come see it.

A lot of people who read 'My Place' don't like the FL in 'Feelings' because of how she was written. If you go into the 'My Place' spoiler thread, you'll find more details and thoughts on the characters

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  20. Echichichi

Echichichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That lizen bitch does testify she was with the princess & drank the same tea and nothing happened with her but then retracted it (after the bitch found the poison is made uniquely by her teacher to only affected men like @Dofu said in comment before mine) when she knew she just being the princess escape plan... eventhough lizen bitch knew the princess will practically dead if the princess become concubine of that emperor who had many wifes & sometimes even torturing the wifes. I don't see any evil Queen in here...
    If you read My Place, it's in chapter 4 where The former CP ( bastard William) "persuaded" the princess by slapping her saying the emperor that she'll be married to will slap her harder than him...I don't see any evil Queen in here too...lol
    In chapter 5 (of the manhwa), the princess poisoned bastard William, just read the rest of chapter 5 and you'll know how bitchy is your cool FL is..lol...well, at least for me she's bitchy for not helping her friend self defense act & later (i don't remember which chapter it is) rubbing it in her friend face that she'll get marry to her dream boat (well, the bitch just told her friend in confiment that she'll marry, but I still saw this as humblebragging/rubbing in face..lol)..
    The princess still friends with the bitch because she felt apologetic for making the bitch her escape plan (eventhough no harm will be afflicted to the bitch, bcoz no one accept the bitch will know how the poison work) and the princess accepted the confiment to death penalty..

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    i_am_here and syofiaa like this.