Recommendations Stories where "cheat systems" are a scam/trap?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SinsI, May 12, 2021.

1. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading one story where MC was entrapped by his "cheat system" to "safely come to a new world" - only to immediately die from foreign bacteria in this world and his protagonist aura be stolen by it, it made me wonder why are MCs so trusting in their "cheat systems".

In another novel MC gets a system that "offers him money for every breath he makes" - and encourages him to take enormous loans to upgrade it ASAP, which sounds exactly like what a scammer would do.

Any other stories where "cheats" are not as simple as they sound, and are more of a liability/trap for the gullible MC?

2. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time? Although he doesn't get a system or anything but his life gets pretty messed up due to a coincidental mistake..

3. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transition to another world with mines.
    Basically a lot of skills have hidden debuffs the more powerful it is to the point it is useless. ie. Steal skill is 5% of your longevity x skill level and if you die your life go toward the one you stole it from.

But after the initial chapters trapped skills pretty much disappears since the mc avoided picking them. It is a enjoyable slow we-become-powerful-and-are-raking-it story.

4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the name of those stories?

In High Energy QR Code, everything is a trap for the opposing fate camp player and the following fate players get tricked too in the end.

5. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul of Negary and I'm a Baller

6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad they got what they deserved! Novels/fanfics I hate the most are those with systems that wipe MC's butts. "Hey system can you give me an extra reward, can you merge my skills into more powerful one, can you modify this skill, this super fast leveling and getting OP abilities is not good enough, can you control my body to do chores and defend my house while I watch anime you got me in the virtual realm?"

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Not 100% sure as it is still like only c21 but Be The Icy Beauty! A Xianxia/Cultivation Tale

8. nick76

nick76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come on, guys! give the man an accurate reply!
    Whan you definitely want is Losing Money to Be a Tycoon.
    I'm currently at chap 375.

SinsI likes this.
  9. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm scattering IQ to the protagonist: the plot the system gives the MC is very basic and the key info has to be found. His system is the silly and sweet type so he's really no help at all...