Discussion Who plays ...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DiabolicGod, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically mobile games have evolved rapidly over the recent years, at first it was just a time-waster of sorts that caters to certain people to pass time. For anyone who used to play games all the time transitioning to working life. Mobile games are technically the apex of evolution in terms of accessibility and convenience. No one has time to sit down for hours at a time anymore, we might love games but we can't play them properly.

Mobile games supplement this in a lot of ways by allowing us to progress the games at anytime and anywhere despite its limited content. Nowadays game titles such as Genshin Impact, Arknights, Girl's Frontline, Azur Lane has high production to warrant itself as a lite game as opposed to just being a time-waster each catering to a certain audience of people instead of being brain dead games.

As for games being encouraged to provide mental exercises to children, that is mainly a western view of how games and toys are more of an education product than being of entertainment value itself. As for people preferring a solid computer to a tablet, we can actually tell that ease of access and portability is much more important for people nowadays according to the trends, you may think that everyone is tech-savvy to the point of considering performance to price ratio, but honest even less people than you think give more than a thought for it.

2. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    The government isn't responsible for the children playing the games. If parents stay the same, no outside party can do much about this. The most that the government can do is slap an age rating on the games but will these careless parents really care if their 3 yr old is playing a 5+ game? I doubt it very much. The fact that some people are still protesting even vaccines means that raising awareness of such stuff is hardly going to make any difference too.

3. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    My oldest sister started playing computer games when she was a baby, yet she is the genius in the house, albeit having some mental health issues, which was caused by lack of attention from my parents who were really busy back then. So I guess the problem is not necessarily in the game.

4. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    *Insert RAID add with death Knight*
    The add was too good and catchy.
    Also my Bro got me into this Long ago with coc or hs

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod*

People often talk about how building your pc lets you get better specs for cheap and stuff, but... I dunno how to build a PC? And I like a laptop because I can use it on my bed.

So like, I'll buy a new laptop once I can afford it... And I dunno a thing about which laptop is better than the other. I'll just look for some RAM and an SSD and that's it... >.>

6. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, I'm also concerned about children knowing how to play games on mobile phones first before being able to write and speak and honestly, that's just bad parenting right there but I am also annoyed at those copycat games released purely to make quick money which is really annoying (countless variations of candy crush and stuff, or the countless 'idle' games)... I don't really mind other mobile games though as I do play a bit (Onmyoji:TCG, Runeterra, Hearthstone).

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbf, it's a lot easier to learn intuitive game mechanics than it is to learn how to read/write.

Doesn't mean it is good parenting to leave your child playing games all day when you could be playing something else with them though, but I think it's important to be aware that a child will probably need some weeks/months (dunno, never did any research on this topic) to learn how to read/write, but they could probably get how to play a game in a few minutes.

The bar to learn games with intuitive mechanics is just a lot lower.

8. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I play some puzzle and crosswords games but wouldn't willingly spend money on a mobile game. I also have never deleted pokemon go though I hardly ever am on it.

9. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been playing mobile games since my 1st smartphone in 2010: Nexus One

New games launched in the last year:
    Albion Online is a PVP MMORPG that can be run on all the major PC & mobile platforms (good graphics)
    Genshin Impact is a MMORPG that can be run on Windows PC & Android devices (good graphics)

Terraria is a Multiplayer RPG that can be run on all the major PC & mobile platforms

If you are talking about Android only games, then...
    Sky Combat : P2W, PVP
    Mindustry : strategy
    Utopia: Origin : MMORPG, with house building, guild base building, ship building, etc. (HQ cartoonish graphics)
    TheoTown : city builder
    Townsmen Premium : Strategy / city builder (OK graphics)
    Xenowerk : Third-Person Shooter (OK graphics)

I really hate the paid Lottery systems in video games (paid gatcha / paid Loot Boxes / EA's surprise mechanics)
    Gatcha ruins good Japanese MMORPGs like Toram Online.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  10. Hoodychan

Hoodychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I still play mobile games... I kinda see where you are coming from but it really depends on what type of game we are talking about and the players ability to manage their time and their level of addiction to video games.
    I use my iPad and iPhone to play games when I have free time and I mostly play puzzle type games with a backstory. For me, these types of games stimulate my brain and help me retain memory and focus on details to decode messages, assemble things, or find hidden objects. I don't play just for entertainment, I also play to keep my mind sharp and test my puzzle solving skills because it's my definition of fun, as nerdy as it sounds that's the truth :p
    Examples of such games in case anyone would like to play include the room (really amazing series of games, paid but deserve every dollar in my opinion). Room escape, and lost lands. I recommend lost lands for newbie puzzle game players because the games are free, have many installments, and each game has a great backstory to complement the gameplay.
    The common factor in all the games that I choose to play on my mobile devices is that they are not infinite; meaning that eventually, when the story is over, and when the player finishes all chapters\tasks, the game is done. I absolutely hate games where I don't know when the game will finish. I don't find it satisfactory when I keep leveling up without knowing the ending, like an open-ended movie or TV show. Anyways that's just my personal opinion but I do respect your point of view and I think that parents should definitely control how much time their children spend on video games.

11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Terraria is not an mmorpg ~

I used to play the actual good mobile games like Vainglory back in the day. Turns out that the mobile market prefers trash over quality and thus unfortunately it died coz it was too polished for your average mobile game consumer looking for instant dopamine.

12. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oops, sorry. fixed.
    I used to play Terraria on Android, but couldn't find anyone to play with, and a purple flying boss monster kept defeating me.

13. t1774ny

t1774ny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually play mobile games to kill time (waiting at the doctors etc) or when I'm listening to youtube/podcast. So things like 1010 or other mindless puzzle type games

The only game I play now to actually play it (religiously in the past but very sparingly now) is Love Nikki. I used to play this vampire game but not anymore... can't even remember the name of it sadly especially since that's where I got my gaming name I use officially and met a couple of awesome friends.

I stopped playing on my mobile as my main gaming "console" when I got my PC and I didn't like how my mobile will heat up and the battery will always drain so fast!

14. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you should get a 8" to 10" mobile device if you are still interested in playing mobile games. They are called Tablets and Lap-Lets.

15. t1774ny

t1774ny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I downloaded a program that simulates a mobile phone so whenever I feel like playing my mobile games I use that.

16. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    I got an emulator since my 16gb phone can't handle more then 1 game(+ other crucial stuff). Got dual link at one point in time, played for at least a year before I notice that there is a better steam version and didn't have to emulate it at all.:notlikeblob:
    Stuff like Destiny Child look gorgeous on emulator tho, since force rotation lock = full live2d art unclipped by vertical side.

17. t1774ny

t1774ny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    emulate!! that was the word I couldn't remember... I used simulate because I got a mind blank

IRandomGuy likes this.