Recommendations Looking for a BL Novel with Non-OP Protagonists

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AneeChan, May 12, 2021.

1. AneeChan

AneeChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm getting tired of reading the MCs who are high handed or impossibly gifted and ultimate supremes in all they do and MLs who can overturn the earth and your pants with simply their presence.

Looking for BL recommendations with:

1) Non-Op characters: It's fine to be proficient or believably skilled at something not "Everything". Kindly leave out characters (Including potential Romantic interest) that can outshine all other characters to background information by breathing.

2) Actually Intelligent/Mature or Sensible characters: Please, please. Gimme some homies with actual brains who act their age and not be a 30 year old grown-ass man who go around bullying/bickering with youngsters and acts like an amoeba (Singular celled organism). Also if the characters are "Shown" to be smart than TOLD by the Author as"Oh, he's super smart, super brilliant " would be even better.

3) Non- exaggerated character descriptions: Oh please, they look goddamn gorgeous even if they take a shit and we've 1000 repetitions on a single chapters about how handsome they are. Like... we already know they're good looking?! Besides subtle character descriptions that can actually reveal how stunning they are by a FEW WORDS is totally my thing.
    Something like "Guide on how to fail at online dating", the characters are pros at gaming, basketball but that's it. They don't shatter the world by existing. Besides MCs are good looking but the character descriptions never drag for paragraphs. It's just here and there and we know it.
    I'm looking for modern day contemporary stories atm, C-Novels, K-Novels, all are fine. Historical settings WITHOUT Fantasy are okay too.
    But if anything too fitting with the requirements above with Xianxia setting does exist I'd be totally upto reading it too. Underrated stories are much appreciated.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR TAKING UR TIME TO READ THIS. ❤ MUCH LOVE...

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Afraid I'm Now a Salted Fish :blobtaco:
    MC is good at acting, but he's not OP/world-changing, just a normal actor who has finally started to be able to move up the acting ranks with ML!!

shelikespearlshells likes this.
  3. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    OHMYGAWWD:blobmelt::aww: Thank you for giving me hope in humanity!!! :blobangel: I'll check it out asap!

Lissi likes this.
  4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha not all BL novels have OP protagonists, don't worry

Though slight warning... I translated it so I might be slightly biased towards it *twiddles fingers* :blobpeek:

5. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Boku no pico (WN ver.)

6. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanservice Paradox (Idols, both MC and ML are in the group so no ceo ML)
    Epiphanies of Rebirth (business)
    More Than a Few Blessings (rebirth)
    Rebirth of a Movie Star (entertainment)
    The Earth is Online (survival)
    Superstar Aspirations (entertainment)
    Rebirth of a Supermodel (entertainment)
    Founder of Diabloism is the only fantasy/cultivation story I can think of that comes close to your requirements both are strong but not insanely OP

7. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    The bias is totally fine:blobxd: But the reviews tell it's an established relationship which is totally fine! :blobnosebleed: But right now I'm craving something where the characters are yet to get together and see the relationship development for myself. Any recs on those?:cookie: Btw I've saved your rec for my future reads:blobmelt:

Awwieee Thank you!!! I'll check them out:blobmelt: Thank you so much for taking your time to type all this:aww:

Are you serious? :blobfearful: Is this troll?

8. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tattoo (modern)
    Sha Po Lang (ancient times)

I’ll be honest here the mature/sensible requirement does screen out a lot of titles lmao

9. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    Are
    :sweating_profusely::blobjoy: Ikr, I have no idea why every guy in a BL Cnovel walks around with clouds for brains :blobjoy:. I meant those criterias as standalones and thus you don't have to worry about all criterias overlapping/coming together. I don't mind a "stupid mc" novel if ticks the "non-Op" factor. What I can't stand is not having atleast 1 of the criterias ticked:blobdizzy:. I can digest a fault if it's counterbalanced by another. So feel free to drop the recs that fulfills even one:blobReach::blobmelt: Much love

Owl1412 likes this.
  10. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a troll

11. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was, then it's a humongous success :blobparty::blobparty:cuz I was trolled to point where my google history now reads: Boku no pico webnovel Lol:blobpopcorn_cool::blob_grin::facepalm:

12. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for that...
    U kinda made my night btw LOL

13. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine ,it's fine...what's life without a pinch of salt and troll:blobhighfive: Btw I'm glad I made your nightblobmelt_thumbs And now go get lost :blobangery::blobdevil:*whispers* in the land of happiness :blob_grin::blobpopcorn_cool:

14. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy Farm
    New Times, New Hell
    Spirit Hotel

15. AneeChan

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but all of them sound kind of supernatural?:sweating_profusely: Anyways I'll make sure to check 'em out!!:bloblove::aww:

16. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    fantasy farm is good~~ the translations as well

the classic...

AneeChan and TaffyGirl13 like this.