LCD Kidnapped Dragons

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by MangoGuy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't she see a dragon when she met her ancestor?

kyoshijiro likes this.
  2. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Either she can't recognize the mascot as a representation of a dragon, or she never saw the body of a dragon

3. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also remember no one's actually told her she's a dragon, nor has she assumed the shape of one.

4. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    She was born in the shape of the dragon, and you would assume the information transfer Bom did for her to learn polymorph would have included her dragon status

5. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well here's the thing. The Blue Dragons sent an E G G on an amusement. You'd think that they'd let it hatch and get used to be a living before dumping it off to another world. So I absolutely assume nothing about the information given to her. If anything this leads me to believe the blue dragons want their young to grow up as another race first before dealing with being a dragon. Heck for all we know they imprint on the first non-dragon they see as being their parent.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  6. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally she would have been raised by the gold dragon or Bom, so it should have been only dragons around

7. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaeul has been various things in the past iterations from a singer, to an actress, to a painter. None of them were solitary existences. The gold dragons are probably the ones that interact the most with whatever race is present on amusement. That being said we have no idea if Kaeul was actually entrusted with the egg, or she just randomly ended up with it when things went wrong and the four dragons got dragged to Earth. We know they were all separated on Earth for about a year after the accident (or at least that's how long it had been since the dragons had seen each other before being assembled on Earth.)

kyoshijiro likes this.
  8. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't. It was a lot of generic lighting and a gentle voice, she never actually saw the Blue Dragon Lord. (Chapter 57 when she got her revelation)

The fact that dragons have complete memories from the moment they're born makes her not recognizing the idea of a dragon a little odd, as was mentioned she WAS born as one and only learned to polymorph later, but after thinking about it a bit I had to think that even with that memory ability that didn't mean she was mature enough to really -understand- or properly recognize what was going on. Any more than she can now, months down the road. She may have never seen herself in a mirror at that point either, and drawing the connection between what she saw and what she was would be a little complex for a complete newborn.

I do find it strange she was sent out as an egg, without any preparation, but then again it was mentioned early on by Bom that their world was experiencing drought, famine, plague, etc, at the time and their Amusement was decided on in a hurry to get them out of harm's way. Blue probably made a deal with Green to take care of the egg at the beginning, while the Protectors would make sure they were safe. But of course the dimensional shift screwed that up too.

As a complete sidenote, one thing I've really come to appreciate about this novel is that while there are game elements involved like skills and skill levels, the author isn't drowning the reader in space-filling stat page dumps every few chapters. It's great to see things like Yeorum getting stronger and acquiring the status debuff of the chains but having it be described through storytelling rather than a skills list.

9. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't much skills or stats, pretty much just the name of the ability and how powerful/rare it is

Tarrian likes this.
  10. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    And I love the author for it. Even when Jitae went deeper into the abyss to have a little 'chat' with his former lover's contractor, or when he was collecting the murderous hate and deaths for his blade, the only thing game like we saw was a single line progression of rarity up to SS.

I mean, I love Toika stories (for the most part), but his stat pages can take up half a chapter between characters and item upgrades.

kyoshijiro and Konic like this.
  11. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh, a chapter of adorable lil blue. I can feel my teeth rotting from all the sugar.

So we get a confirmation that Gyeoul is a bit mixed up on the definition of dragon, but that's okay, her unni will ease her into it as she grows. I'm sure by the time the Amusement ends... errr... probably shouldn't mention that. She probably wouldn't react well to the idea of being separated from her 'dragon daddy' Jitae. Well, have to give her a few more years to stabilize her personality and mature a bit, she's still just a wee lil lizzy.

And Ahmata graduated from the looney bin, huzzah! Now he can go back to doing the cleaning, laundry, etc for the dragons. I'm sure he'll appreciate it much more now that the number he has to take care of has shrunken so far. Besides, all will be worth it if he gets headpats!

c0debreaker6 and kyoshijiro like this.
  12. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    How long is the amusement supposed to last?
    Considering how dragons seem to have relationships and how powerful they are, they shouldn't have problems keeping in touch with Yu Jitae in one way or another

13. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the information we know for "sure" is that dragons go on several amusements during the life, but they are considered adults at around 1000 years old and take on their full responsibilities. My guess is the timeframe for an amusement corresponds around the the normal young-adult life span of whatever race is present while their on amusement. So I'd guess anywhere between 20-50 years for world with a lifespan similar to humans. Bom is currently 20 years old, Red is 15 and Kaeul is 10 and we know this is all of their first amusements.

So I'm going to throw out a wild theory. The "accident" wasn't really an accident and the dragons were sent here on purpose for Yu Jitae. The whole time regression thing is because the young dragons die and that's not acceptable so the adult dragons go and vent some anger at the deaths of the younglings and then reset time.

14. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think the dragons, at least the ones that get angry, purposefully sent the kids to Yu Jitae. Maybe there is some mastermind and it could be a dragon, but i doubt it is the "official" stance of the dragons.
    I suppose there might not be a definite time-frame for the amusement and the kids are supposed to enjoy themselves as much as they want and then return after a while

15. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember right at the start he (and or others) said a few times that the amusement lasts for 20 years before they can return home

Tarrian and kyoshijiro like this.
  16. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    You are correct, sah! In chapter 1 we have this as he was standing in an ash-colored world waiting for the reset:
    I think the author may have forgotten that at one point, or perhaps it's more flexible than that, because otherwise Yeorum's story would be mathematically difficult. She's 15, had been on her amusement for a year when Yu Jitae went out to drag her off the battlefield, so that'd make her 14 when she was sent out. That would make her immediately at least -1 years to account for her favored sister's amusement. That's not counting the time that would have been involved in going from egg to being bullied by her other sisters, growing attached to the one, and the timeframe after the sister's death since I don't think she was immediately chucked into a portal right then.

Of course the number that he knew may be different than reality, considering he didn't even think of the dragons as living, thinking beings until this iteration. My personal theory, considering the reason for the Amusements being to give them good memories to be nostalgic about over their incredibly-long lives, is that they go out on these multiple playdates for unspecified times, until they feel they've seen enough for the time being and have the urge to return home and tell mom about all the things that they've seen.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  17. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like if there isnt a specific deadline then many dragons would never leave their amusements, especially the red dragons that have death waiting for them at their return

Tarrian likes this.
  18. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    I could definitely see reds being an exception, though in a different way, requiring a certain mastery of their inherent martial style before returning. Not sure we'll ever find an answer in the story, since the Amusements are basically a plot device to put the dragons on earth and into his care.

I'd definitely love to see some more dragon-side world building. Maybe we'll get to see some as the Hostility issue is in process of being resolved. Demons as the only antagonists doesn't feel quite right with their pretty cowardly nature, they're more likely to go into deep hiding in the near future and leave other stories to be told.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  19. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the demons won't be a problem for the near future, so dragons can easily be the next obstacle, maybe influenced by the hostility being.

Tarrian likes this.
  20. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as I'd love to see more with the dragon society/world, I'm pretty sure we're going to be dealing with idiot humans for a while. Egocentrics like Simon tend to get huffy when people don't acknowledge that the universe revolves around them, so I'm guessing he's going to stir things up through his various connections. It's unlikely to end simply since the author introduced the 'gun' of the three-strikes message from the clone, there's no way it's not going to end up firing before the next act.

Bah, humans are the worst. Even though the 50% clone has been shown to be able to take out pretty much anything people could throw at it without bothering to involve Jitae, he'll probably end up getting dragged along by the idiot for a while until The Man has to step up himself and put simple Simon in his place. Not even gonna feel pity for him, BM tried to warn the dude to back off but his ego is through the roof.

kyoshijiro likes this.