Discussion Your first novel and reason.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by nick76, May 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick76

nick76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My very first novel that I ever read/ing was Tales of Demons and Gods. When I was at my beginning of Highschool I started reading Tales of Demons and Gods but not the novel version but the manga one or whatever it's called these days? (seriously I still can't tell the differences between those three (I'm assuming that it's three)). Anyway, I caught up with the latest update at the time and I had an unusually strong urge to find out what happened next. So I went Googleing and found it on Webnovel.c_m. At the time Webnovel was a lot more user-friendly. You had to collect Spirit stones back then that ranges from five to 11 or if you're extremely lucky even up to 13!
    The second novel that I read was Release that Witch. I still regret to this day that I didn't even try to get the RTW related badges!!! A WARNING from an RTW veteran
    1. If you read the book you know what I'm talking about.
    2. If you're reading the comic NEVER read the novel !!! NEVER
    ... So ... what was your first novel and why???

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like... Tale of Twin Phoenixes or something. It was about a girl who transmigrated into an infamous princess who had a huge male harem... *cough cough*

I dropped it since I didn't like it, but that was my first, I think. I just stumbled across it randomly /shrug

3. Mazino_Urek

Mazino_Urek Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be a power in the shadows,

Read the manga, was hooked, and started to read the Light novel.
    It was way ahead. It got me on sites like w_xiaworld.site

4. Netto Azure

Netto Azure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was the first LN I read. I just couldn't wait for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya so I picked it up from the OG BakaTsuki a decade or so ago LOL.

That's how I got into the isekai craze with SAO too xD

5. Miercing

Miercing deep crimson shall descend from heaven

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, I thought it might be WN Tensura, I watched the anime and wanted to know the rest of the story.

6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Date A Live. I kinda started out reading the anime, head to the manga and finally arrived at Baka-Tsuki to read Date A Live. From there, I slowly began reading from the other novels posted through there before landing on Aho-Updates to finally NUF. I think it was 2015 before I arrived at NUF.

InvincibleDespair likes this.
  7. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel book: Enid Blyton's Famous Five, got one lend by a neighbor long time ago, can't remember it's title though
    Novel here on NU: not sure... between Death March or Invincible Saint. Got recommendation by a friend 'bout NU & got hooked ever since
    Manhua: Tiger Wong
    Manga: Doraemon
    Reason for manhua & manga: they're +/- the first of their type that were translated, printed & sold in my country

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  8. Napelynn

Napelynn Tuna Angel

Reading List:
    Link
  9. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine was Solo Leveling, read the novel first then got hooked onto the manhwa.

10. wolf.prince

wolf.prince Sleepy✩Not A Kitty✩Lazy Glutton✩Trap(?)

Reading List:
    Link
    My first novel was Desolate Era. I found it because of the manghwa I really liked the art and plot. It didn’t update for a long time so I went and searched it up and found the novel. My first completed novel was Coiling Dragon followed by Stellar Transformation.

11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    The first novel (of the kinds offered on this site, obviously)... I think it was devil is a part-timer.
    I used to enjoy anime, then I went and read the manga for Black Butler and for a while I thought that most anime get adapted from their manga, not even knowing light novels (or web novels) existed.
    Then I got hooked into watching the anime for devil is a part-timer, and I think I ended up reading the translation of the novel somehow. Not quite sure.

12. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Same reason as you actually, read the manhwa first then went for the novel because I couldn’t wait.

Also rule of thumb that makes it easier to remember
    Manga: JP, black and white
    Manhwa: KN, colored, long strip
    Manhua: CN, colored, long strip

13. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine was EER. Wanted to read novels so I just read the Rank #1.

14. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw some AMV for Rosario to Vampire, then watched the anime, followed up by binging the manga when I found out that existed, then the first novel I think was Arifureta, it was one of those that was relatively highly recommended among the jp novels at the time, which makes sense since it was only up to around where the MC left the first dungeon at the time.
    It's crazy how that will be 10 years ago at Christmas.

15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first novel I read, has to be Zorro by Isabel Allende, it was the first book I ever bough, now Ligthnovel on-line I would say it was Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei / Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. The action was what atracted me.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    First Novel? No clue, I was way too small when I read my first one.

First online translated Asian novel? That was SAO. Saw the anime, enjoyed it and found out a novel existed, so I gave it a shot.

17. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember what the first novel I read is but I think I found it randomly while looking up manga. What I remember most is that I was searching for light novels by name or by using translations sites links to other random sites. After a long while I forgot names of some and read others so I tried finding more which lead me to this site.

18. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags

It was shorter than Tensei Slime (which caught my eyes first) and I wanted something to just burn some time one night. To my surprise t’s an absolutely hilarious time, the first two volumes are perfect otome comedy and I was interested in reading more after that.

19. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First novel was, if not including children's books is around the world in 80 days or lord of the flies I believe, cant remember too long ago. As for web/light novels it should be seirei tsukai no blade dance.

20. writtenforcup

writtenforcup i wanna fffff

Reading List:
    Link
    First novel I read on this site was 'I rely on kisses to clear survival games'. Horror isn't really my genre, and I don't enjoy reading gore (mild), but this one was so good just because of the MC. Unlike other horror genre BLs, this one didn't feel repetitive like some of the other horror BLs I read after IROKTCSG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.