Spoiler The marquis's amnesia

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by rero00, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm ❤️

Tysm ❤️

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  2. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoilers pls?:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

3. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to MC's stepmother. Howsoever tragic past she had, her behaviour towards an innocent kid isn't justified at all.

4. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone still wants spoilers for this story I don't mind sharing I finished reading the novel about a week ago. (I literally just made an account for this, as someone that usually anonymously peruses the forms).

its0k, SammieUy, MewMeww and 5 others like this.
  5. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAA am glad to hear that! Can you please give spoilers about them? Like, when did the ML know what the Fl suffered at her maternal home, how did they fall in

Marleeze likes this.
  6. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please please

7. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll assume you mean the fathers house (I'll just call it parents house since that's the only house the FL lived in before marrying the old ML (prior to memory loss), as she never went to her, maternal (mothers family house)).:blobokhand:

Well the ML kinda learned about the FLs suffering from her parent's home pretty earlier on or at least realized something was up by that point. Pretty early in the story, the ML invites the FL to have dinner with him in the dining room however on her way there with her personal maid Elsa, the FL has a panic attack/ trama flashback of her father and step-mother's extreme abuse towards her for reasons of 'etiquette and 'making a mess' essentially (though to be honest there was no way she wasn't going to be hit by them as you learn that if she spilled even a drop of soup (which was what they would server her for this) she would get beat normally with a whip and go without dinner for 3 days). That was the first point the ML had any hint something happened as the FL muttered things about her father, step-mother, and older half-sister during the episode.:blob_teary:

After that point, there is some 'lighter' talk about it but if I remember correctly the FL didn't explain the full extent of what really happened though it wasn't really out of fear just her character is a forgiving one due to what she saw people due in anger really. I also think between this and the next point I'm gonna mention some of the closer servents also bring up what they have noticed over time.

Oh, you'll like to know this! After the incident on the way to the dining room, the ML decides to have meals with the FL in her bedroom so she can relax and not worry about manners and such. So I thought that was pretty sweet personally, it's pretty much I just wanna spend time with you.:bloblove:

Anyways, the defiant most clear point of what the FL went through at her parent's house is when they go to that house in search of what happened to her younger half-brother (who FL loves and told the ML about as he asked hearing his name before the thing with the dining room). The FLs dad the moment she leaves with her half-sister to see her brother (she doesn't take FL their btw) starts to essentially trash the FL calling her a monster (due to a scar from an incident when she was younger), not fit for the ML, antisocial and the like which really pisses the ML off. Oh the FLs dad also was trying to sell the half-sister to the ML, to have him divorce the FL and marry the half-sister. (Don't worry people the ML is very committed (it so cute and sweet :blob_blush:)). Then after dealing with the FLs father, the ML finds that the half-sister took FL to her younger brother's room but wasn't there and hit her. The half-sis is temporarily dealt with, and this is what I call a big moment. They find the FLs younger brother in her old room (that was very shabby for a noble lady room). The FLs younger brother had been severely beaten by the family, the injuries were really bad, and also for note the younger brother is around 9 if I remember right. So at this point, it would be pretty clear to everyone if they did this to the FLs younger brother the successor it was more than likely worse for the FL.

Sorry, that was pretty long but that was the long and short of it really, with little personal comments on the side based on how I remember I felt reading. now the next part is the love between the ML and FL. This will be a little shorter as I won't go in full depth but still give you the goods. :blobReach:

Theres a fair bit here but I'll more go on the point of attraction and when I found it clear the two of them loved each other (I can always give more in-depth later). :cookie:

So on the ML side, it was pretty early on and obvious. After he lost his memory in the training accident and was brought home, the FL went to see him (you know cause she's his wife, so wife obligations really are why she went to see him after the old ML pretty much ignored her and never came home for the last year (granted there are slight reasons for that that I can tell you later if you wish). They at that point only interacted 3 or 4 times but the servants of the house love the FL). The moment ML saw the FL he fell head over heels in love, like no joke, he essentially calls her a goddess and such the moment he saw her, so when he's learned she's his wife he's happy and hugs her and all that (he gets chewed out by Elsa because of his prior actions so no worries people :blobowoevil:), so from then on he wants to learn more about the FL and such, pretty cute in my opinion, he kinda like a lost puppy. :bloblove:

Now with the FL is a little longer, she admired the ML at the start as he was a war hero and pretty much got her out of that place but after what happened at the start, the first night, and the first year of marriage she didn't particularly fall in love with him. She is fairly hesitant but it's not entirely due to what happened between them before he lost his memory though it is part of it. She questions if this whole thing is just false happiness (the og title of the book btw), and it would only be temporary joy, so though she is affected by the MLs actions she is hesitant, I'd say the FL started to have and express feeling towards the ML when he gave her the necklace that had the gem which was the colour of MLs eyes. She always wares it, you could say a little before that even as she found courage and comfort in the ML to stand up to her half-sister (the incident mentioned in the spoiler above). However, she completely accepted her feeling towards the ML and decided she wouldn't run away no matter what happened after the ML see the scar and still accepts her (she considers herself a monster cause of the scar and her family (minus the younger bro) told her as such so she's extremely self-conscious and worried about it, and thinks that the ML would throw her away because of it :blob_teary:).

Sorry if it's kind of long never done this before and just love this story. I'm doing my best to give you guys what I know and try to explain it well based on memory and such.:blobpensive: So sorry if it's not the greatest and I'm mixing a few things up compared to the book and my spoilers.:blobsweat_2:

But I'm more than pleased to talk and gush about it, as I love the story as both a reader and someone that knows writing setup (I write personally). :blobReach:

If you want to know anything about the book just ask (I don't know much manga wise as I arrived late so I can't read chunks and only know basic Japanese (ie google translate is a nice friend), from what I know there might be some small {writer approved} differences between the two).

Just ask a certain point for the story and like I'll tell cause I wanna gush about it. :cookie: So I'll pop in and check here every day off.:blobpopcorn:
    (I might try to MTL later but I'm currently busy so let's stick to this at the moment as there's a lot to do to MTL cause of google) :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  8. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree but then again I have a tendency to enjoy stories that work with the idea of memory and amnesia as I find it an interesting topic. :blobsweat_2: The romance between the two is just the lovely icing on the cake for me or chocolate chips in a cookie.:cookie: I honestly recommend it cause the writer did so well.

I totally agree. The FL/MC's stepmother was more like a victim (in her own life story) but when she did such things towards a kid she became the aggressor, and at that point personally she's no longer deserving of my sympathy and such. :blobowoevil:

So with the stepmother you can say the very start of her problems was a victim of circumstance. She was the illegitimate child of a baron (if I remember right her mother was a woman of the night before she became the baron's lover/concubine [or she was just a concubine you'll understand my confusion in a moment], she and her mother were loved by the baron over his real wife and son. So due to that, she has had a mixture of pride and guess anxiety from it as nobles always talked about her origins.

Now, this is the main point of the victim thing for the stepmother people bring up. Back in school, she fell in love with a noble I think on similar overall standing with her father. After her confession to him, he takes her to a stable and r***s her as "she a daughter of a wh***". So she is then very cynical towards the idea of love after that and no longer trusts the opposite sex when they are attracted to her after that. She as such will either use or ignore such people that would treat her in such vain. However, the FL/MC's father was different and treated her differently from all the other men and nobles. As such the two fell in love.

Now the FLs grandfather (not so sure about the grandmother) didn't accept the stepmother and the FLs father's love, so he forced the father into an arranged marriage with the FLs mother who was a high/upper classed level viscount family, that was useful for the family. So the Stepmother left. The arranged marriage went threw and the two have a kid (the FL), when the FLs mother dies the stepmother returns to the father, he didn't tell her about already having FL (though she already had the older half-sister so that real double standard there) so she's pissed.

The Stepmother disliked the FLs mother and felt inferior to her. Then when the FLs mother was brought into an arranged marriage with the father it got even worse and she absolutely hated the FLs mother. The Stepmother then turned her hatred towards the FL and pretty much the entire family of the father as well since he had FL with FLs mother.

The Stepmother was a victim at the start of her life for sure but, as she turned to anger and hatred towards others she was the ones in the wrong, especially with how far she went. She went as far as to try and kill both the FL (the incident that was the cause of the scar) and the FLs father as well for having FL, after the stepmother gave birth to the younger brother who would be the successor. (She also dislikes the younger brother as he looks more like the father's parents and not them).

The author did really well with the character's in my opinion. Though I really wish they continued the story (or the world of the story) as they mentioned they thought of doing. It's hard to say if they will or not its been a while since they finished the initial story. :blobwoah:

9. hjnffnjh

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much. Please spoil us more. Were the FL's Fam got their retribution?

10. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure :blobReach: [Also for note cause I forgot last time when I say old ML I mean the ML before he lost his memories]

I'll go over what happened to them in order. :blobpopcorn:

The retribution towards the father was pretty early in comparison. After they saved the younger brother (kids name Cedic (Cedi) btw), the father was dealt with. He racked up a lot of debt... again (he sold the FL for 30 mill rubills(or something) to the old ML), he agreed to the old ML in a contract to not gamble and actually take care of his territory, yeah he didn't do that and in a year racked up another 5 mill rublis (stepmom and half-sis a bit of fault for it too) (I think it was 5 mill might have been a 5k but I'm pretty sure its 5 mil). :sweating_profusely: Not only that as mentioned prior the ML is a war hero and the father drunkenly blabbed to a spy about ML and maybe the FL too(never certain as he was drunk but probably the cause due to other things in the novel). So the father was posed to be an assassin passing as the father (partly for the FL and Cedi :blobnom:), while the ML took control over the father's estate temporarily till Cedi can take over as the acting lord. :blobReach:
    So the father became a lord in name only that was sent off never to return and not allowed to do anything with the estate and such. (The only real fricken good thing he did was take the stepmom and half-sis off the family register, so he had a use in still living, but he never shows up again [it is possible he might be dead but I don't think that's the case cause of FL]). :blobamused:

Next was the Half-sister and she was pretty vain (in a sense) in the end. :hmm: So the half-sis (Margert is her name), after the father was dealt with her and stepmom couldn't live in that father's house so stepmom managed to get slight protection from the gran duke (who lost his wife that he love while he was gone and felt guilty about it, stepmom used that sore spot to get this :blobpensive:). Stepmom when to ML's house to try and get FL to break things with ML and marry Margert after his divorce with FL. Margert breaks into the parlour, (it was either before or after Margert entered that ML was told that FL had a very bad scar, I think it was after as I think it was Margert that said it but very well could have been the stepmother :hmm:). Anyways Margert entered the parlour and quickly started to cause problems, throwing insults and the like at FL, till eventually, she threw a hole ass tea cup at the FL's face. :blobastonished: The ML protected FL as the cup shattered against his hand and fell on the table/floor. I think it was the ML the broke the table in anger or Elsa. Elsa grabbed Marget and slammed her face into the table and dug it into the teacups shards. No joke Elsa is fricken savage and strong, but more so very protective of the FL to the point she would leave her husband (she loves and is ML aide btw) and go to a monastery.:blobowoevil_horns: (Also Elsa is a maid from the ML's house and has been close to the ML since they were young as friends (same with ML's aide and Elsa's husband Fredrick). Elsa is very strong in many aspects she is great.:blobjoy:
    Anyhow due to the stepmom and Margert being at the ML and FL's house ML decided to take FL and Cedi to work with him for safety. Margert is arrested and sent to that special room 4. :blobspy: Marget's integrated a bit and eventually claims to be the future crown princess to the disguised crown prince himself. :blobxd: The crown prince is a close friend to ML and someone that wants to protect FL cause she is so innocent and sweet is very mad. He threats to kill her, as she did attack a noble (the FL) and was a commoner as she was erased from the family register so she could get the death penalty for what she did. However, the crown prince gives her an option to be actually useful to the county and live to marry an illegitimate child of a merchant family (who might be a painter not sure might just be google on that?) to seal a deal between the crown prince and the brother of the illegitimate child. She chooses to live and marry the guy and be useful to the country over death. :blobsalute: More than likely not to have a happy or good marriage, but probably will never meet them all again either way.

Now the Stepmother I won't go into a great explanation right now of the overall details and what brought everyone to this point but this is around the time in the book you also learn what happened to her as well as some other major things in the story. :blobokhand: But I'll tell you this she had brought together a plan that managed to kidnap the FL (this is as far as I'll go there's more but this is the most important thing) there is help from a criminal group for the Stepmother to do this though. Anyways while trying to escape a big fight and everything goes on and they eventually run into the Stepmother FL despite everything that has happened to her was forgiving. It might be frustrating to some but understanding the FL's character and how she views hatred and such to be such an emotion that was the reason for her treatment before she chooses a higher path of forgiveness over wishing for the stepmother death (like I'm pretty cynical and the kind of person that gives back what is received, however, I understand the FL's reason for it and fits the FL's character, so I have a little problem with her choice). However, even though the FL is being forgiven and not hateful or spiteful towards the stepmother completely unlike what the stepmother did ticked her off. The Stepmother who could see FL's mother in FL decided to give in to the hate and rage but also since she had already come so far to try and ruin FL "there is no forgiveness" is the line I think she said and tried to pour poison (most likely acid for what it does) on the FL, which ML protects FL from it hitting his shoulder I believe. The Stepmother at this point is then stabbed in the chest by the criminal leader she was working with and dies. In the end, her plan failed her rage and anger had a little point other than pain for the FL who turned it into a lesson on what not to do pretty much, the FL forgave her for it all, her final last-ditch effort for misplaced revenge fail. The Stepmother was betrayed by the men she tried to use and killed due to her outliving her usefulness for them (the criminal group). I'd say quite the deserved ending for her really, the FL didn't dirty her hands for the stepmother's death and the ML (though more than willing to do so) didn't have to do so either, the Stepmother met her end due to her own bad decisions. :blobowoevil:

The Stepmother wouldn't have stopped if she didn't die but the FL didn't wish for her death despite everything. So in the end what the stepmother was met with was death.

That last part was longer than meant to but I still didn't even about how they go to that point. :blobxd:

Next, if you want I can talk more about the character in a bit more depth both with how the author stated they are and such (after translation of course) and from what I felt personally for how the characters were.

11. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers guys.

12. hjnffnjh

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so much for the spoilers. If you don't mind, how was the ML after he regained his past memories, that he was a great A*shole to FL?

Tt123 likes this.
  13. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try to keep the spelling mistakes to the minimum, I just got home from work. But it's interesting.

So once the ML regained all his past memories (he knew he did bad to FL cause the servents especially Elsa love to tell/remind him). But when he personally recalled them he wanted to basically crawl into a hole, and be punished by FL. :blobxd: When the two were finally about to talk after he regained his memories he did properly explain the reason he acted in such a way towards her but he didn't ask her to forgive him for it, rather be punished for it cause he pretty much felt like such an ass.

Like emotionally he did have a reason for it in a sense (as there is emotional back story too for the ML that I haven't got into nor do I think other spoilers have mentioned), I can go into great detail later but as such when he married her (just wanting to get a wife so people [women especially] would leave him alone), all he knew was that she had a scar and nothing else.

He just never came home nor interacted with FL, and only spoke like 3 or 4 times to each other but aside from the first night nothing harsh, even then it wasn't terrible just a little mean and rude to your new wife on your first night together (also remember they were strangers to each other at that point too). He is definitely better than some of the ML divorcing couples I've read. :hmm:

But he was also well aware he had no right to act in such a way towards her and also avoid her for a year as she didn't do anything wrong. So he's super repentant and really wants FL to scold him and get mad at him for what he did. Eventually, she doesn't let him leave his chair (with Cedi's help) to try and give punishment since he really wants it, but he doesn't feel better till she said she was angry at him. :blobrofl:

I wanted to add this too but doesn't really fit with the other spoiler. But you learn that ML's personality after he lost his memory was more like his older and more natural personality which is completely different to have FL had seen from him for the past year. You can also tell it's true based on how ML's house and servents are, after all, I don't know if you've heard this idiom but the one's house best represents the owner or the state of the said owner. All the servants are super nice and kind to the FL especially after they learn more about her and the relationship between the ML and the servants is very respectful and loyal too. :blobwoah:

I am by no means giving the old ML an out for his actions. He shouldn't have acted that way towards the FL, as she did nothing to him deserving of such action and words. No one has a right to act towards another person in such rude ways when you don't know them personally. :blobtriumph:

However, it's important to remember people are not omnipotent same goes for characters in a story, as readers you are more likely to know more than the character of the story when in a 3rd person perspective. And the perspective is extremely important when it comes to stories as well as it determines the amount of information that readers get. :cookie:

The only reason I'm bringing this up is cause I've been reading some other things, miscommunication between the characters or lack of information between characters have set fires. :blobfearful: I wanna reiterate that I'm more than likely not giving true justice to the story in these short (slightly rambly) spoilers.
    But also that what characters will know is more often than not less than what we the readers know (especially so in the case with the ML after he lost his memory :blobcheeky:). Just like normal people everyone has their own story you might just not know it at the time you first meet. This is especially so in this novel.:blobReach:

I will always stand that how the ML acted in the past wasn't right, however, there was a reason for it, and he never did act in a way like trash (like FL's family [minus Cedi]). He pretty much just avoided her... and his house... then overworked himself to cause what happened (ie his memory loss).:facepalm:

I know I think differently than most people especially when it comes to stories, part of it could be because I write so I think in such ways overall. Buuuut I probably just don't feel the same way a lot of people do which I'm more than fine with. :cookie:

14. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Just returned to NU after days of heavy workload. Thank you so much for the spoilers! I'll properly read them later you're an angel! :blobsnow::blobicecreamlove::blobangel::blobsmilehappyeyes:

ArcintheNako likes this.
  15. ArcintheNako

ArcintheNako Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've kinda talked a lot about something happening to the ML before he met and married FL. I'll talk a bit about it and go into it now. (With my probably shoddy explanation and summary :blobxd:)

So I mentioned prior that the ML is a war hero. Prior to the war that he gained that title, he had a fiancee (IDK for how many years prior), before he was sent away he was going to that her to a special location (ML has taken FL there btw) and more than likely subsequently marry her. He didn't nearly love his fiancee as it was an arranged marriage, not one down out of love, but he wanted love her like how his parents loved each other (his parents are very much in love).

But before he could take his Fiancee at the time to the location a war broke out and he had to leave. She gave him a charm to protect him which he dearly kept throughout the entire war after everything. That charm was the most important thing to the ML at the time and he treasured in and survived through the war for his Fiancee that gave him this charm asking him to come home safe and alive. :blobwoah:

(You probably realized this considering)

When ML returned from the war as a war hero, what he returned to was a pregnant fiancee with what was definitely not his child. She had fallen in love and slept with another man while he was at war. The one person he fought desperately to return to war had betrayed him, her reasoning for it... he never gave her things or did things for him (during the war that last for a few maybe even 1 year). If I remember correctly he gave her back the charm (that more than like had blood since he apparently had it with him the entire war), and also spared the women's life after she committed treason for betraying the arranged marriage between her and the ML that the king himself had made, and made it possible for her to life her life as a commoner (and she more than like went to live with her lover too). :blob_teary:

After that ML was pretty cynical and sore in terms of love however he couldn't catch a break. Because of his looks, nobility and title as a war hero, every woman which way to Sunday tied to get with him. It got to the point ML was disgusted with women and could only handle the ones that were his loyal servants. :notlikeblob:

But even then they wouldn't stop. He got to the point he couldn't handle it anymore and was considering Elsa and his other servant's suggestions to get married and just have a decorative wife so women would stop practically throwing themselves on him (I'm exaggerating here but it's probably how he honestly felt).

The ML in his contemplation over the suggestion just so happened to overhear the Stepmother and Marget's talk about the 'sickly' FL that was badly scared who were talking about it in a social gathering. Looking into it more ML learned about the Count's (FL's father) debt and decided to marry FL as she would be perfect for this resue/plan. :sweating_profusely:

He believed due to FL's scar she would not get another man, due to the debt that he took from her father she would not leave him. He had become afraid of love and trust in the opposite sex.

The ML was a coward (even the author themself said this in translation). He couldn't bring himself to trust and believe in FL with his memories of the past fearful she would leave him too. (This is how I feel) More than likely because of what happened without losing his memories he probably would make a relationship with FL because of what happened to him. :blobwoah:

I can sympathize with ML here, I have been betrayed by people I've trusted before and personally, it's very hard to put that trust in people again after something like that. I just wouldn't have treated another person in such a way. :blobpensive:

Yeah, that's what happened to the ML, so you might get my previous musings now. This past of the ML was brought up a few times in the novel. Once by the crown prince who told FL that he (the ML) had an extreme disgust of women and it was after what happened, (I think another might have also been the crown prince reminisced), and also to directly by the ML himself. :blobflag:

(edits: Gods I can't spell right I'm so sorry, I've edited this 4 times in the last 5 minutes stupid errors, would you believe my first language is actually English. Gods I'm just like a fricken mimic. :blobxd:)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  16. yizuuh

yizuuh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the manga for this dropped? I can only see upto ch 3.4 where the ML is about to ask the MC about Cedric.

Boopbup likes this.
  17. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 4 came out today

i just read the latest raw chapter, did the manga end ?

18. PoseidonShura3

PoseidonShura3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm aware that the web novel ended long ago already. Does anyone know if the light novel has a scene where Liliana meets the ML's parents and siblings? Also, if she has a meeting with the queen and princess.