Picked Up Doomsday Repaying Duck (GL)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by blazingseraph, Apr 2, 2021.

1. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    末世报恩鸭
    Raw:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3897676
    https://www.shubaow.net/178_178141/
    NU: None
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: You ever wonder how a duck would survive the zombie apocalypse? Well wonder no more! This story's MC is literally a duck who gained intelligence through the mutations that came with the end of the world. Not just that, she was also reborn with memories of her previous life where things weren't so great that time around but she has a second chance to redo things and protect her master in this life.

Her master, Qiao Yanyu, was also reborn along with her. The whole story is them righting the wrongs done to them in the previous life. In addition to that, Kexin ate a magical grass that allowed her to turn into a human form so uh, yes the romance for this story is master x pet. Surprisingly not as weird as I thought it might be since it took a lot of development until Qiao Yanyu could even accept it. The fact that these two only had each other in the previous life and went through so much hardship together after Qiao Yanyu was constantly betrayed or wronged while everyone wanted to kill and eat Kexin, I think this pairing makes the most sense anyways.

The romance is very sweet with how devoted they are towards each other and how Qiao Yanyu is genuinely a good person and it didn't feel weird. The journey they both went through to carve a life for themselves in the bleak apocalypse was also really moving, especially with the flashbacks we see from their previous lives. It's even more moving when most people either were killed by their pets that mutated, or they killed their pets to eat them.

Summary: Kexin was reborn, becoming a call duck again, and there was an extra space in her body.
    The end of the world is coming again, and the world's biology has changed greatly, so she decided to work hard to collect food, upgrade her skills, and protect her owner through the end of the world.
    The majesty of the beast king reappeared, countless foods, luxurious warm packages, mutant beasts became loyal and loyal little servants, non-stop collecting supplies for Kexin, and accidentally playing apocalyptic survival became a salted fish pension.
    Kexin held the beautiful spar that had been hidden for a long time in front of Qiao Yanyu, with bright eyes: "I will give it to you!"
    Qiao Yanyu bowed her head and kissed her Xiao Kexin affectionately: "Send you to me too, okay?"

Qiao Yanyu was abandoned by her teammates in her previous life, but she tried desperately to save them, broke her arm, and escaped from the zombie emperor's mouth.
    In the most difficult period of life, the courage to live is only when she was accompanied by Kexin.
    This time, she wanted to spoil Kexin to the cusp of her heart, so that she would never be able to do without herself.
    Note: Double students join hands to fight monsters and cure sweet texts
    #The last time I am the biggest villain boss#
    #Feeding the master after I was raised#
    #Strength does not allow me to be a salted fish#

toukonotto and Yandere Devil like this.
  2. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Qiao Yanyu pluck Kexin up after she gained a human form and was naughty?

3. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    There was no plucking involved; Kexin is a very spoiled duck so that would never happen anyways. :blobsweat:

4. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, so her goose wasn't cooked and she didn't even get her feathers ruffled? :p

5. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    I will neither confirm or deny :blobsmirk:

Alvastar likes this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  7. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a goose, its a coleduck. It's super cute short white duck.

8. beckytwom

beckytwom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. nothingisit4me

nothingisit4me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm picking it up if no one has already started. Please tell me if someone started already so I don't have to scrap my translation. :sweating_profusely:

10. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Go ahead!

11. toukonotto

toukonotto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 MC is so cute!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  12. M I S O

M I S O Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this is so cute I will keep my eye on it. I can't believe I've never heard of this novel before. And it's the first duck MC lol. Normally it's like a cat or a fox, or even a puppy. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this novel ^^

13. M I S O

M I S O Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you post a link on here when you complete the first translation? I would love to read this when it's out. Also, good luck! Looking forward to your translation of it. It's gonna be great! Ganbatte~!!!!:blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

fewachan likes this.