Discussion Want to drop "In Another World With My Smartphone"

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Deadmantellnotales, May 13, 2021.

1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a guy who doesn't like dropping the Novel/Manga that I read, it just makes me anxious and sad-ish. So because of that I usually double-check whatever I want to read, especially the ones with more than 10 volumes.

So 6 days ago I started to read "In Another World With My Smartphone" LN, I once tried it and dropped it in middle VOL03. I tried again and I find irritated and conflicted, he just acts like an idiot when he needs to act and then try to act overly serious when he shouldn't, I somehow finished VOL03 this time but all those expectations I had for this LN is just exhausted. I don't have the motivation to continue. I gave this series 2nd chance but I just feel for the first time in my life that I wasted precious time on this sh*t.

SO IS HE GONNA ACT LIKE THIS FOR NEXT 17 VOLUME?????????

IS IT EVEN WORTH READING THIS???????

(I know everyone has their own taste, I just want to know your honest opinion. I'm sure that the reason why my expectation betrayed/getting irritated was that I read "Not Sure, But It Looks Like I Got Reincarnated in Another World" and "I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary" recently, If you just ignore those magic and space battles, FMC and MC from those two series are kinda relatable to normal humans, those two are selfish, hypocrite(they acknowledge it) and pretty true to themself, unlike almighty Mochizuki Touya- The Incarnation of Justice and some other sh*t.)

Sorry for this ton of words I kinda irritated + I also hoped he get NTRed and he hu*g himself in his shitty mansion.

2. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know what you're saying. I read the novel and watched the anime but dropped both... :blobangel:

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  3. Deleted member 349329

Deleted member 349329 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont make myself suffer I usually drop what i dont like at chapter 5:cookie:
    Or i skip to the very end

Deadmantellnotales and otaku31 like this.
  4. shiro3001

shiro3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am drooped at vol 19

5. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously????

6. shiro3001

Reading List:
    Link
    its have to much sol in my opinion ,while trying having something like plot as well ..... , mc wont be change he stay that he was so , and as i understand its your biggest problem ? better drop at early stage

7. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive read super far. Your problems with the series will continue the whole series. Such being the case, you may as well drop lol

8. shiro3001

Reading List:
    Link
    untill what vol had you read ?

9. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link
  10. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im on chapter 400 something before i stopped. I use present tense as i may pick it back up one day if ive got nothing to read. Btw to other prior comments - the anime was shit. It was poorly done and played like a storybook instead of an anime, or maybe it would have been okay otherwise. Not that this series ever had much of a story anyways lol but neither do half the anime out there so it would have still been fine

Death March has a worse problem. Its even more SoL than Smartphone is. I swear every other chapter felt like it was about food. But im pretty sure its translation is completely finished right? So it has that going for it if so

11. shiro3001

Reading List:
    Link
    wn is finished main story at least ln going on

12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.
    No.

(Edit for reason: If you have to ask if it's worth reading, the answer is going to be no, especially if you have to ask in bold, all caps, with more than one question mark)

13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that if you have to ponder whether to drop a book, then you should always drop it. The books on NU are (mostly) not exactly masterpieces that will reward readers for sticking around and there's always a ton of better material out there. In particular, isekai novels tend to have zero depth so their only value is in immediate entertainment. I'd jettison that book right after it wears out because that's all you'd get out of it.

14. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever trends the author has set in early volumes will likely continue in later volumes. What they were doing was working for them, so they'll keep doing it. Sometimes a novel isn't going to be worth your time. If you find it irritating and stupid, then it's best to drop it now, rather than waste more of your time on it.