Discussion What's Your Best Memory?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CadmarLegend, May 10, 2021.

1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, grown man who has chest hair-san, I am not actually human. i am Death.

2. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a damn minute. I did not write that P.S in my message...:hmm::hmm:

3. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My best memory... Would probably be the time I punched this guy I hated in the face. I think he said something really stupid but I don't remember. It felt satisfying, though I had to apologise later.

Westeller and CadmarLegend like this.
  4. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Falling in love for the first time was the best.

Worst so far was being taken for granted by my mother. She kept going on about how she wanted to help my older brother when he bought his first house. Meanwhile, I had been paying the monthly rent for both her and me for years. She always good me to rely on immediate family. When I asked her to chip in for a limited time, so I could boost my investment account, she got mad and denied me.

Memories are intrinsically tied to emotion as you noted that you noted that your parents were happy when you passed your test.

I had also read an anecdote that in imperial China, marriage was called the little celebration, while passing the tests to be an official was a big celebration.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably my last actual Christmas with my 'family' before things went to hell.
    I like it a lot because it's a happy memory, but it's easier to remember because it smelled of Pine, and uhh 'Christmas' smells. And the feeling of happiness was super strong then and I didn't have anything on my shoulders, and was care free without worries.
    Now it's kinda bitter sweet, and I don't want to remember it sometimes because I miss it so.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    What in the cringe lmfao

Fulminata likes this.
  7. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    you did.
    just quoting the dude...... he's a funny guy, right? Quite funny, if I do say so myself.

8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I was sayin cringe to ur chunni reply lulz

9. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, but i am death. I can take your life at any moment. >.>

Why don't these humans understand?! do they enjoy meeting me, or something?!

10. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Spending the day at the beach. All of the people I love were alive, happy and healthy. The day itself was nothing remarkable. Another clear, hot summer's day with a light breeze. Everyone was taking turns between eating, resting, swimming and playing touch (rugby). Typical kiwi holiday, but it sticks in my mind because I had no idea it would be the last time all of my precious people were around me at the same time.

11. Deleted member 219339

Deleted member 219339 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my best memories was when attending a concert of my favourite singer with my friends. He visited my city for the first time and I always wanted to see and hear him in person. The best part was when he came on to the stage and started singing, he waved back at me in the middle of his song when he saw me waving at him! :blob_pompom::blobtaco:I was standing on a chair and I switched my phone's flash on and kept it in my hand - the one I used for waving - so that he could see me. Ah, days were better before the Covid pandemic :blobmelt:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
    imK, AliceShiki, Fulminata and 2 others like this.
  12. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    Achieving the thing that I worked hard for. It was the best because it was the accumulation of years of sweat and as I stood on that stage it told me that everything was worth it.

imK likes this.
  13. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I've thought bout 5 to 6 minutes.... But nope nothing that I'd call the best memories... But I do have some that I think I'll never forget...

14. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol mine was prolly when i was younger and i would eat microwaved mac and cheese in the family room on the second floor and I’d just watch cartoons with my siblings and neighbors sigh those were the days

imK and Fulminata like this.
  15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    My best memory was when I was a child.

My parents brought home a kitten after I brutally murdered the parrot (it was an accident I swear)

The little kitten was so cute as he cautiously walked into the unfamiliar room... then he looked at me with those innocent blue eyes and said...

FEED ME HUMAN SLAVE!

16. bvngtn

bvngtn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a new kid in class when I was in 3rd grade. She was very introverted, and had trouble with mixing into the class. At that time there were these Barbie and Disney Princess magazines I was collecting. A new issue would come out every month, I would buy them, and then I would bring them to school to show them to my classmates. It would then be passed around the class for anyone interested to read. I wanted to befriend the new kid, but I was also very bad at talking to new people - go figure :notlikeblob: So the only way I could express my intentions was by taking the initiative to ask her if she wanted to read the magazine everytime I brought a new one. She'd say yes, I'd pass it to her, she'd read it, then give it back to me with a thank you. It was a pretty slow process but overtime as I kept offering her magazines and as she kept accepting them, we slowly became friends.

At the end of 3rd grade, my family made the decision to go abroad. When I celebrated my birthday in class, I was pretty emotional knowing that this was going to be my last birthday with all my classmates. At the end of that day that new kid handed me a nondescript paper bag and urged me to open it. Inside was the newest issue of that particular magazine series. It made me... really happy. More because of the meaning and story behind it than the actual magazine. :blobcozy::blobcozy:

imK, AliceShiki and Fulminata like this.
  17. Deleted member 349329

Deleted member 349329 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my good memories are when i spend time with my sister and cousin:blobtaco:

imK likes this.
  18. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if there's one 'best", but i vaguely remember the time when i was in primary school, having a small picnic with my toddler little brother and my dad on our old house's garden, surrounded with greenery and flowers while waiting for my mother to came home from work. I felt so happy and kinda giddy because i get to force my dad to play tea time with me, filling the pink plastic tea set toy with real food, real snacks, and real tea. It was from a time when everything felt magical and wonderful and safe and warm.

Time sure flies :blob_teary:

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    bvngtn, imK and AliceShiki like this.
  19. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That feeling I used to get as a kid on the last day of school before summer break. I haven't felt that in years.

imK likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, it's kinda hard for me to answer this. Like uhn... I dunno, a memory that was wonderful for me in the past and that was definitely my favorite memory, ends up fading to some extent as the years pass, and other new memories end up overcoming them.

Like, if you asked me a few years back, it would probably be when I confessed my feelings to my RP-only husband, and then he replied that he loved me too, so we started dating for real from what started as a RP-only relationship... But uhn... That was like, in 2018 or something, and while that memory is still special to me, it's not nearly as strong as it was before... Also, we already broke up and stuff, which kinda ruins the memory a bit.

And if you asked me in 2016ish, it would probably be the first time I had sex with my first boyfriend. That one felt pretty wonderful, even though neither of us had a clue on what we were doing~

So like... Rn? I think my currently favorite memory is waking up with a good morning kiss from my current boyfriend... On my birthday to boot~ <3
    In theory a good morning kiss shouldn't be anything special, but it was extremely special to me, I was absurdly happy with it, and just thinking about it puts a big smile on my face~

So yeah, that's that for now, maybe in the future another memory will become even more special, but this is the one that stands out to me the most rn~

Fulminata and imK like this.