Discussion Why did Orochimaru mess with Sasuke?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, May 8, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rewatching Naruto for old time's sake. I know a lot of people complain that shippuden strayed from the original worldbuilding but I can look past that. There's just one question that comes up at the point I'm at right now. What gave Orochimaru the balls to f*ck with Itachi's little brother? The Itachi!

We all know Orochimaru is great and quite possibly in his prime but Itachi, while he isn't in his prime and is sick, no one really knows yet. Itachi could make the snake into soup in a minute. Yes Itachi our dear pacifist murdered the entire clan and we know why, but even a blind person could see he left Sasuke alive for a reason. Here's what I don't understand, Itachi has shown to the outside world any way that he can be a psycho mass murderer when necessary, and Orochimaru already lost to him. No matter what his excuses were Itachi wasn't exactly going all out either. The only possible reason I could see is the Mad Scientist being Mad and not caring if he died since he is the origin of the meme "people die when they are killed" Oh no that's Shiro the wannabe Hero. He's the origin of the meme, "I don't always die but when I do, I don't." At this point him being Voldemort is the only reason I see for his ballsiness.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Gay

3. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    itachi slammed his ass too hard that he developed a kink and was into kids so sasuke was best bet

4. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Power. Since Orochimaru could see how strong Itachi was, he wanted his own Sharingan. Sasuke knows this, and lets Orochimaru underestimate him to gain more power of his own.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  5. Emissary Nouvelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea thought of that but it still doesn't make sense. Orochimaru is one old ass mofo. It's only in Naruto's generation hell not even his, since they were technically alive just before the story takes place. The Uchiha were there all along with their Sharingan, I'm sure a lot of them awakened it especially since the last great ninja war was just over.

Even before then in his 20s or something he would've seen a lot of strong Uchicha. You could argue that he was enticed by Itachi's talent and go the urge but ignoring Itachi, Shisui and Obito there was the top dog Madara. Orochimaru definitely knew about Prime Madara pre Ten-Tails and all. Sarutobi met Hashirama and his brother, they made him hokage, he was Orochimaru's master, even without that the mad scientist snake wizard ninja would have dug up the info on both Madara and Hashirama. So with Madara as a comparison, Itachi wasn't so unbelievable.

So why the sudden interest and why sasuke? Is his obsession so recent it was post Uchiha massacre? He had so much time and with so much possible subjects. Its not like he knew Sasuke was the reincarnation of Indra.It was totally a surprise because Itachi was better than Sasuke in all aspects before the sudden end game power boost. I like Sasuke better than Naruto, not hating but him and naruto without hax is Kage level at BEST. Itachi could handle several hokage with just what he's shown us and we've never seen him go all out. Hell ignore Itachi, if obito didn't go well, you know obito route then he'd be better than sasuke, and shisui is well killed off for being too broken and godlike. It had to be done, he was too powerful such power rivals the main characters Plot Armour, which is said to be the fiercest ability known to man in all fantasy.

It would've made more sense if Snake Scientist was more like Danzo then I'd excuse his behavior as more than his mad scientist tendencies. Otherwise messing with Itachi's brother for just power is just his mad scientist acting up cause anyone in his shoes would think Itachi would come for him if provoked and that was one way to provoke him. I guess it's either Mad Scientist or Plot Hole. Since Naruto is such a great series it's in the spotlight worldwide so its faults are obvious but it's still legendary. It did all first so even in the future anything too close will be called copycat Naruto.

Also on a different note, like I said rewatching, but Kakashi said to 12 year old naruto in this world there are people younger than you yet stronger than me. He was definitely talking about young itachi who he had met and obito before he supposedly kicked it right, otherwise it'd make no sense since Kakashi excluding the really abnormal fellows is actually top tier, enough to scrape the 6th Hokage title. So saying that statement narrows the list way down. Even if you ignore the add ons like I didn't know I had the mangekyo etc. He is peak jonin level. Someone less than 12 matching that isn't seen too often in the story, if they were what if those kiddies grew up, Kage levels everywhere like cabbages.. Haven't watched boruto (Past a few episodes and the movie) but I've seen and heard enough, its a disgrace to this great legacy.

6. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    You're overestimating Itachi and underestimating Orochimaru. Do you think Itachi could find Orochimaru if he really wanted to hide? By the time Itachi found Orochimaru, he would have already obtained the Sharingan and learned its secrets. The only reason Sasuke succeeded was only because of plot reasons and Kishimoto's raging hard-on for the Uchiha clan.

7. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably know more than I do, since it's been a while that I've seen Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

I just think that Orochimaru was being very cautious of Uchiha clan until the massacre. Once Sasuke was the only one left(besides all the other dudes that have Sharingan), Orochimaru couldn't resist trying to take Sasuke for himself. Orochimaru craves immortality and power, and the possibility of losing the Sharingan if Sasuke died made him believe it was worth recruiting Sasuke for the eventual body possession. Obito, Itachi, and Madara were the only other Uchihas left, and 2 of those were hiding their backgrounds. Sasuke was the weakest Uchiha still around with lots of potential, so he was the most obvious choice for body possession.

8. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    No it was not really an impulsive decision. Orochimaru realized how great the Sharingan was a lot before the Uchihas kicked the bucket, true. But like most he was unaware of the powers of Mangekyo Sharingan. Also you have to remember that Orochimaru was still respectful of Konoha throughout the second great Shinobi was and for most of the third one, where he got his obsession of immortality.

Itachi was one of the reasons that Orochimaru got even more interested in the Sharingan. Information of the Mangekyo, provided extensively by Itachi to Konoha and his newly found obsession with immortality got him more interested in the Sharingan but he was banished and despite how powerful he was, he did not really have much of an influence outside of Konoha at that point so he couldn't go back for Sharingans.

You also need to remember that as far as Orochimaru knows, despite having contact with the Akatsuki, Itachi was not Kage level when he left the village. He was only at top Jonin. And Orochimaru himself was dubbed one of the best geniuses that Sarutobi had seen in that generation. Orochimaru was completely Kage tier in power at this point and even if he did take Itachi seriously, there would be no way that someone who was capable of negotiating with the Kazekage on equal terms and fighting the Third Hokage on a somewhat equal power level (Debatable, some may argue otherwise but if he wasn't close to the same level, Sarutobi wouldn't have to sacrifice himself) would be scared of Itachi to the point that he would let something that he sees as essential to his dream get away.

Also note that Orochimaru did not have much to research upon with the Sharingan as Danzo never gave him any of those. But he was clearly aware how powerful the Senju bloodline was after experimenting with it and that was only a few cells. There was no way he would believe that something of a similar level, all concentrated in the eyes would be any weaker than that.

Are you seriously putting Obito, the loser he was before meeting Madara, on the same level as Itachi? Kakashi was probably talking about Shisui who he knew through the Anbu.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  9. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Sasuke was prime body snatching material. The psyco wanted the sharingan and immortality and sasuke was just a perfect fit.

10. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you pretty much summed up everything that I typed for so long pretty easily....

11. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*

Exactly. XD

12. Emissary Nouvelle

Reading List:
    Link
    I see so basically mad scientist wanted to fulfill is dreams, was also Voldemort and what you said sasuke was too nice to let go and he just went for it f*ck the consequences like an overly attached borderline obsessive best friend or a god tier broken brother who had to be nerfed for plot purposes.

But meh, Like I said before Naruto is a legend worldwide, And itachi has a lot of fangirls and fanboys but it would be more than levi if Naruto was shorter. But basically its pretty long and even with the main and original naruto, A LOT OF THINGS had to go wrong to lead up to the war in shippuden.

The most basic and powerful jutsu of all perhaps surpassing the legendary SSS tier Plot Armour, Talk no jutsu would not even exist if Minato had lived. Kushina is debatable but even one parent would change Naruto, no more swing flashbacks, arguably the greatest teacher/master who brings with him a grand master known as Jiraiya as a bonus so everything we already got but

in fact Minato didn't even have to be alive for 'talk no justu' not be created, if Kakashi, and I don't know, the tens to hundreds of people who respected and owed Minato in the village didn't twiddle their thumbs leaving the poor boy with little saviors or just one that comes to mind (Iruka) instead of being responsible adults whose friends child had been orphaned is well. Big plot hole to me. Even if no one told you who Naruto's father is surely as ninja and adults you have brains. OMG, Kushina was pregnant, OMG who could possibly seal THE 9 tails, OMG who are his parents possibly since his name is uzamaki and he has blonde hair and blue eyes but is somehow not handsome matching the trope (which is another discussion), OMg how old is naruto and when was Kushina pregnant, OMG does he resemble them at all, So Many OMGs that didn't click,

I could go on but yea, logic doesn't apply in many areas in Naruto, especially if you are like me who watched it when he was younger and naive and rewatched it fr old times sake older and mature, and with more sense. The faults just jump out at you. No story is perfect but sheesh. At least its not like the later Worldwidelegend though, Attack on titan. Its plot was definitely better with fewer plot holes but despite Naruto's fault, I prefer its ending and whole wrapped up package. Just my personal taste though.

I was snooping around for facts about the author of Attack on titan and all his comments on it and found some pretty.......interesting stuff. Anyways like I said I have a brain now, not the best but at least I'm not a kid anymore and neither was I when I found this all out. I saw the ending coming from a mile away the moment that BITCH Gabi killed Sasha it all clicked. Why would an author killing off protagonists like Akame ga kill from Day 1 give me my fairytail ending like Disney? Isn't this train heading to murdering almost everyone scooping out my heart? I had a vision of what the ending would be, I was mostly right about it not being fairytail but following the character who openly displays affection for the male lead or other Main character is the one they Marry, like Hinata and Naruto, Orihime and Ichigo etec etc, But I forgot it didn't work the other way around with males, so yea the Jean X Mikasa i thought would happen didn't.

So yea, jumped ship before the journey ended, still haven't read the manga sinc ei would feel sad and empty inside but I've heard what happened.. One things for sure, the author achieved his goal.

Oh my god, I'm just writing and writing, what's wrong with me and my damn essays. I gotta put myself on a leash. My train of thought just keeps adding more cars.

13. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Remember uchiha clan massacre and danzo? He can stash one or two of those eyeballs easily. It's Sasuke's body that he wants.

14. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Said that already in my second reply.

15. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not for his body, it's mainly for the Sharingan. The Sharingan uses more Chakra if the possessor does not have the Uchiha bloodline, so he needed Sasuke's body as well.

16. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you mean, because that's what my second reply to the whole thread was.

TL;DR of my 2nd post on this thread: Orochi wants Sasuke for his body, which has the Sharingan. 2 birds, 1 stone. Immortality and power.

17. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I am agreeing with you. :blobwoah:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  18. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarifying. I was just curious why there was so many people who kept replying to me without reading through the thread. Sorry for taking out some of my frustration on you. :blobsweat_2::sweating_profusely:

ongoingwhy likes this.