Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. acm

acm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I've just re-read all Riftan PoV and I actually have some questions without a proper answer so I came back here to ask if someone can help me❤
    1- As an illegitimate child, what was the surname Riftan used? It was the one of his stepfather?
    2- when and why did he start using the surname Calypse? Did he invented it? (probably the translation I've made is very poor and I couldn't understand it)
    3- I don't understand Riftan's stepfather words. After Riftan's mom died, he said something like "if you're born a farmer you only have to watch down, if you raise your head you hurt yourself". What did intended with his words? Did he love Riftan mother in a strange way and tried to be loved by her but failed? I don't understand this words context.
    4- Riftan talked with the Duke after he imprisoned his stepfather and the Duke of Croyso insisted to make him his son-in-law by marring Maximilian. WHY? Actually, Riftain had already accepted to take his place in the subjucation, so why the Duke wanted him to marry Maxi? I just don't understand it! Did he wanted Maxi to inherit Riftan's properties once he died so he could have used them?
    5- Why didn't the Duke let Maxi leave for Riftan's estate?

I know, maybe this are boring questions but ... I'm really confused

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  2. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @sweetaneng I knew it.. Thanks for confirming this! Appreciate this! I was confused bec someone post something abt Maxi and King Reuben being betrothed and all. And I was like, “I don’t remember and I can’t really find it in the books. I’m sure I turned all the pages of the novel. I AM LOST. Am I also wrong with the answers I provided in NFU? Should I stop contributing my shit?” thank God for this forum and your answer

hello! I’ll try to answer this.
    1. Commoners do not have last names in the book
    2. Mercenaries gave him that name as he is strong. I also remembered its given meaning “the sword that feeds me” being mentioned and that he hated it before
    3. His stepfather meant to “don’t dream too big”, never love or cherish a person with higher social standards than him and there’s no way for people like them to be uplifted from poverty. He was born a farmer, so he’ll die as one
    4. To have Riftan take over everything that the king asked of him to do. He also saw this as an opportunity to dispose Maxi.
    5. The Duke can’t intervene with Riftan anymore and he knows it. Riftan also has the power to take Maxi(he tried sending knights to get Maxi from the duke in the past three years) as he pleases because he practically owns his wife(I know, it sound inappropriate but that’s how life in the novel)

Mxt, Aliali, acm and 2 others like this.
  3. sweetaneng

sweetaneng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition to h-nim's, duke didn't want anyone to know his daughter's weakness.
    This was answered in author's q&a (resharing below hehe). Iirc, Riftan chose "chalybs" because as you mentioned, it was the sword that feeds him or the sword is his family. Chalybs meant sword. :cry:

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    H-nim, Aliali and acm like this.
  4. acm

acm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u @H-nim and @sweetaneng for your kind answers ❤

Btw I've actually read the q&a of the link posted by sweetaneng and -if I'm not wrong-
    The author actually said that Riftan's stepfather loved his mother!
    Did I made the translation wrong?

Because if that's true his stepfather words make sense in this context.

5. Miaka230

Miaka230 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can i read ch 191-193 spoilers the site won't allow me in saying i don't have the permission what permission?:cry::cry:

The chs about maxi arguing with reftan about going to magic tower where can i find them:blobsob::cry:

ciyaaa likes this.
  6. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From this site? Go to page 1, you’ll see table of contents where people posted spoilers from different chapters. You’ll probably see the last chapters from Book 1 there.

Mikan101 and Miaka230 like this.
  7. Miaka230

Miaka230 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chs about maxi arguing with reftan about going to magic tower where can i find them
    I did but when i click on it, it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action"

8. jjcheng

jjcheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you all so much all the good contents!! I have been binging reading all the spoilers.:love:
    Just one note, recently when I could click on a lot of links on the first page (table of contents), it keeps saying I don’t have permission to view it:cry: that didn’t happen before

Richado likes this.
  9. Sofff

Sofff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everybody, I’m new to all or this and I love this novel so much :X3:
    I have two questions and I don’t find answers anywhere...
    -When is Maxi and Riftan birthday?
    -Their first meeting when they were kids was under an oak tree, right? :love:
    Thank you!
    Ps thanks for ALL the beautiful spoilers, love xx

10. flowercrown

flowercrown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too.... When I opened the riftan's pov, I couldn't read it and it was written "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action"

Gizza and Richado like this.
  11. realdusi

realdusi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also having this problem but it doesn't seem like it's been told how to fix it... Guess no spoilers for us

Richado likes this.
  12. Richado

Richado New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for the writer to come back

Deleted member 310775 likes this.
  13. tiggerthebear

tiggerthebear New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaahhhh Owwwwwwmah heart

mj209 likes this.
  14. wonderingyuki

wonderingyuki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not about the novel itself. But saw this post in Instagram with plot summary:
    "It's about an UGLY girl who marries a strong Knight...."
    How dare this account call Maxi UGLY. ARGGGGGH I'm on full Riftan beast mode.

15. Kathypad98

Kathypad98 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I've started reading Under the Oak Tree and it has been a really heartbreaking journey. Few days ago, I was listening to Before you Go by Lewis Capaldi and I couldn't stop thinking that the song fits so much with their story to the point that I found myself crying. There is a part of the song that says "Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better? If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather" and it felt so much like Riftan and Maxi because they were so hurt but they couldn't really talk about it to the point that they hurt each other more without knowing.

There is a part of the song that even says "It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless" that describes perfectly how Riftan felt when he heard that Max hated herself. I hope that I'm not the only one that feels this way when listening to this song....

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Mxt, marucalypse, mj209 and 1 other person like this.
  16. marahya

marahya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why it said i cant acess to any spoiler in the content?

17. cindy33cindy

cindy33cindy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I tried to get into the links but some didn’t work. For example I want to read the question “ What about the Princess and the King, the Princess relationship with Riftan?” but the page said “You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.” Could you please let me know how to work it out?

Mxt likes this.
  18. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this made me cry. I love riftan and maxi so much. I've never ever been so consumed with fictional characters like I am these 2.

omg, how could anyone?!?!? She is SO beautiful inside and out!

Paulabigail, mj209 and Kathypad98 like this.
  19. Jezzreel

Jezzreel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm having the same problem

Mxt and LadyMax like this.
  20. aruiniel

aruiniel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also having the same problem! It started a few days ago. When I found this website a few weeks ago all of the links were still working.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work translating and editing!!

Mxt, LadyMax and Emma626 like this.