Spoiler 소꿉친구를 폭군으로 키웠습니다: I Raised a Childhood Friend as a Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ocefossa, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much! You are really a God :blobnosebleed:

2. ThinkOfMe

ThinkOfMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.

Lilyworld, Tobbit and naririn like this.
  3. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    IM GPING CRAZYYYYYYYY KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JADEEEEE:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

You rank second after Callisto:blobjoy: I'M MELTING.

4. GeeDy08

GeeDy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuuuuu so much!

Kindly continue ❤❣

limueee likes this.
  5. Chris615

Chris615 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "limulimu, post: 6405220, membro: 34659"] Jade é o ML. [/ QUOTE]
    Thank you

6. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • A few days later a letter arrives for Viche and it is all messy from Cecilia freakout she can't stay in the palace, the Emperor is crazy and list of other complaints.:blobsweat_2:
    • Viche has to head to the Palace to reassure Cecilia
    • Cecilia upon seeing Viche tells her the ArchDuke does weird experiments, the Emperor is so cold, and she's scared.
    • Viche is confused as she ask isn't the emperor a sweet person? :blobsleepless:
    • Cecilia note yeah sweet like a needle (NOT). Cecilia proceeds to tell Viche that the Emperor has said like maybe one word to her since she's been here and she's freaking out so she's thinking of running away.
    • Finally Cecilia tells Viche she HAS to stay in the palace with her as she can handle the Emperor and not Cecilia.
    • Viche is trying to get out if this and Cecilia is having none of it and tells Viche she's his childhood friend ...
    • Feeling pressured as she thinks this going weirdly wrong she says "we're not close" lying to Ceclia.
    • Suddenly a voice from behind her says, "We're not close?"
    • Both ladies are startled and gasp. Viche turns around and Jade is standing right behind her and Viche quickly asks why is he here.
    • "Viche". He's looking handsome in his robes. He smiles and puts his hands on Viche's shoulders. "Where did you hear that...?" and looks carefully at Cecilia who's squirming.
    • Viche's in a bit of a panic wondering how much of their conversation he heard and also trying to figure out why are you being so threatening to Cecilia and she can't believe how bad their relationship is going. How are they suppose to start dating if they're like this. :facepalm:
    • Realizing it's a bad situation for both she agrees to Cecelia's suggestion. Cecilia is happy and Jade smiles saying "That's a good idea" indicating he heard their conversation. Cecelia get's up and tells Viche to move into the palace soon and then escapes away.
    • Jade grins and sits in Cecelia's place and she asks why he's laughing.
    • Jade tells Viche it's the first time he's liked the Saint.
    • "...." Confused Jade is thinking okay if you like her why the coldness
    • Jade comments when he talks she doesn't listen and she seems to like the saint better than him. :blob_pout:
    • Viche's like...what are you, a child?
    • Viche moves into the palace thinking she's going to play cupid.
    • As she wonders around the large palace she hears some voices and approaches. The doors are thrown open and Benjamin emerges and is surprised.
    • Viche tells Benjamin she's now living her and she's a little lost looking for Jade.
    • Benjamin who is surprised as this is news to him says "No."
    • But then out walks Jade who calls out to Viche in surprise.
    • Jade tells Viche let's go out together and reaches for Viche
    • Viche notices there is blood on his hands and freaks out. Suddenly Jade coughs out blood. Panicked she grabs him and asks should they call for the saint.
    • She helps shoulder Jade and takes him back into his room.
    • She asks if it hurts, he tells her it does.
    • He tells her it's okay and she asks if he does this often. He smiles sadly and tells her yes, at times and he's glad she's worried about him.
    • They lay him down and she asks he needs anything? Jade tells her no and instead holds her hand. They tease each other trying to make plans to go for a walk later on and that he's too weak to be carried around.
    • Cecilia bursts into the room.
    • Jade annoyed asked why doesn't she knock? She replies confused because the servant told her he collapse and vomited blood.
    • Jade says coldly, "Then you should have addressed me when you came in."
    • Cecilia shrinks a bit and Viche asks if she should come in and sit.
    • Cecelia tells Viche the holy priests are coming and that they should leave because His Majesty is ill. Viche agrees, Jade needs his rest.
    • As they leave the Cecilia pulls Viche into an area and tells her, "Viche-sama, you can't have the devil next to you." :blobrofl:
    • Viche's like ??!?!
    • Cecilia continues to say The devil usually has such an angelic face.
    • Viche thinks something is wrong with Cecilia.
    • Cecilia at dinner time is trying to tell Viche that Jade is bad, Viche is trying to tell Cecilia you've got it all wrong. Both don't seem to be able to convince each other.
    • Cecilia bursts out..but the emperor is vicious and no one likes the emperor when a voice is heard, "Saint, I believe you've forgotten the warning I gave you. "
    • In walks Jade, Benjamin, and Duffy. Jade as a soft smile when Viche looks at him.
    • Changing the conversation, Cecilia asks what everyone is doing here.
    • They all tell her they're working. Cecilia tells them glumly she's done and heads out but before she does she greets Duffy brightly and Viche's confused on the two sides of her. She treats Jade fearfully and Duffy warmly.
    • Jade walks behind Viche's chair and puts a hand on her shoulder as everyone is talking and takes a cherry tomato from Viche's plate.
    • She asks if he's hungry and tells her it it looked good when she was eating it.
    • She tells him he needs to be healthy and the quips that he will have a healthy appetite as long as he gets to eat with her everyday.:blobmelt:
    • "Then we can eat together every day!"
      "Shall we?"
      What's so hard about that? I nodded gladly, and Jade's hand patted my head. It's like, 'Oh, my dog, good job.'
      "Jade, do you want to sit down and eat? Benjamin, you too."
      "Well, we ate. Are you done eating?”
      His eyes looked at the fork and knife I put down on the table.
      "Yes, I'm full."
      "Let's get out, then. There's a good place to go at night."
      "Huh?"
      Jade raised me before I even asked where I was.

• Jade guides Viche outside to a snowy hill and wraps his cloak around her shoulders
    • Viche loves it and Jade replies, "I thought you'd like it."
    • She asks if he want to have a welcoming banquet and Jade asks if she wants one. Viche tells him for the saint and he goes, "...Oh, the saint". Viche tells him to be nice.
    • Jade tells her he will with no sincerity in his voice. But Viche tells him he has to befriend the saint to get rid of his curse.
    • He asks her how does she know if the saint can break his curse.
    • She can't tell him how so knows so she just answers because she knows and trust Cecilia.
    • They talk about how Jade is working on controlling his powers with the Archduke and as they are walking they hit a tree.
    • It's the peach tree from the mansion (where they had buried the wish boxes years ago as children). Jade pretty much moved it to the palace.
    • Suddenly Viche asks Jade if she will get a Job at the palace because everyone seems to have a job but her.
    • She tells Jade she wants one that gives her a good salary.
    • "How about the seat of the Empress?":blobnosebleed:
    • "What?"
    • Jade goes on that it would full-fill the salary requirements she needs. :blob_pout:
    • She tells him he's not making any sense. He says he's making perfect sense.
    • Viche thinks he's joking as she doesn't think she is worthy for the position so she pats him on the head saying that he shouldn't joke as they are close friends and he should propose with someone that sparks (his heart).
    • He tells her what if it is already sparked.
    • Viche's like "huh?"
    • Jade mentions funny there's a spark and takes Viche's hand.
    • She's all confused as to why he thinks falling in love is so easy.:facepalm:. Jade brushes her hands and fingertips shocking Viche to pull away.
    • She remembers as they grew up, he would always take her hands, touch her hair or touch her face. Why does it feel different now? Viche doesn't understand her feelings as she's nervous, her heart is beating so fast.
    • Jade stands there watching her and she quickly turns. She hears a chuckle and a voice asks if she wants to go back. She tells hi yes wondering why her face is flushed.
    ----
    • Jade is swirling red wine in his hands and remembers Viche's words, "friends"
    • He grins thinking friends don't sacrifice themselves for each other and then he knows that Viche is up to something as he's wondering why she wants him to be entangled with the saint.
    • He wonders what his cute "friend" is thinking of in that head of hers and decides he needs to find out.
    ----
    • The next day, Viche discovers Jade is going to create a welcome banquet which surprises her as she though Jade wasn't keen on the idea for the Saint.
    • Cecil and Viche go shopping to get jewelry (Jade gave her a lot of money) for the ball accompanied by Jade's knights. As they wait outside the ladies pick each other's jewelry choices and as they exist the front door the are suddenly walking into gloomy alley. Where are the knights?
    • When they turn around to head back confused there's a wall. 'Magic!'
    • 5 blacked robe figures appear and tell Viche they want the saint and to follow them. Viche tells Cecilia to run back to the door of the jewelry place. Viche has a magic armor in her pocket and pushes Cecilia away as she chucks the magic armor and jewelry they just bought at the assailants.
    • It's enough to distract the robed figures to let Cecilia escape. Frustrated one robed figure pulls out a sword.
    • Viche thinks she's going to die when she is shielded by a strange man in front of her and helps her escape.
    • Once they away, she asks the name of her rescuer when her name is being called. She tells the man that she will pay him back for saving her and heads to the knights calling out her name. The man tells her it's better she leaves with her knights.
    • She tells the knights she was saved by someone and gets into the carriage. Cecilia is balling her brains out and rushes into Viche's arms crying and so glad she's okay.
    • They arrive back at the palace where Jade rushes out to see if Viche's alright.
    • He asks if she's alright and she tells her she's fine but not fine. He's like huh?
    • It's because the pretty jewelry she bought is gone :blobsweat_2:.
    • Jade can't believe she just said that and pulls her into his arms for a tight hug and she feels him shaking. He tells needs to be where every she wants to be.
    • Viche scoffs the emperor is way too busy for that and tells Jade let's go in as it's been a long day for her.
    • Viche asks if he'll give her money again.
    • Jade tells her, "I'll give you everything."
    • Jade, you're so nice. No, this is like a pushover.
      "As expected, my friend."
      I pat Jade on the back a couple of times.
      "I'm gonna go wash up. Me too, you too."
      I pointed at Jade's dirty clothes and said, and Jade looked down at them only then.
      "Let's go."
      Jade led my hand into the palace. Maybe he's trying to take me to my room, but you're the Emperor. You can't walk around like this!
      But his hand holding my hand firmly felt so secure that I couldn't bring up the idea of going alone.
      Why Jade's back looks so reliable as she walks with my hand in her hand. He's grown up really well, isn't he?
      I looked up and realized Jade is 2 heads taller than me.
    • Viche can't sleep that night wondering about today's incident and especially Cecilia. Getting up she brushes her hair and recalls that saint will be embroiled in many bad situations and she needs to help the saint. Frustrated she chucks the brush and then she hears a knock at her door.
    • Opening the door, it's Jade. Viche wonders why he's up.
    • Jade tells her he knew she'd up like this and enters her room. Jade tells her he knows she's nervous as he knows her so well since childhood.
    • "Right, I am scared actually." and she suddenly has a sense of relief and security now that he is there with her.
    • Jade comes in and picks up the discarding brush and asks Viche if she wants him to read her a fairytale.
    • "What am i a child?" Jade used to read to Viche when there where thunderstorms where Viche as scared.
    • Jade tells her that she's an adult and then comes behind Viche and gently combs her hair.
    • "Jade."
      "Huh?"
      Aren't you scared?
      "What is it?"
      Suddenly, Jade thought that people who considered him hostile in this wide palace would be scared.
      "It's just, being an emperor...…. And the future.…and your magic."
      "Are you going to worry a lot today?” Jade's tone was laced with humor.
      "If Cecil wasn't a saint, she would have lived a normal and stable life, and you...….”
      I may have done a disservice to Jade and to Cecilia.
      No, you two somehow found your place right, so we met here at the palace! Yes, Jade's curse will be lifted only when they fall in love, and I'm not doing anything bad because I'll live happily ever after.

• She asks Jade if he's been to see Cecil (Viche's nickname for Cecilia).
    • Jade tells her why would he?
    • Viche's wondering why they can't get along."Viche, why are you trying to attach me to the saint?"
    • Viche can't tell the trough so she tells him it's her "foresight" and the future she see they will be good for each other.
    • Viche finally wants to correct what she thinks is their relationship, close family and friends in her mind.
    • Jade finishes brushing Viche's hair and gentle pulls it to her side. Then he takes her hands and sits by the window.
    “Viche.”
    "Huh?"
    “What do you see when I look at you?”
    "Friend? younger sister? sister? Mom?"
    Jade's slightly lowered eyes narrowed slightly. Oh, I was feeling bad about the sister and the mom part. He seems to make a little impression... … . But soon, the tail of his mouth ascending he lined in with my eyes.
    "What if I don't think of you as friendship or family?"
    "No way" I raised my hand and waved horizontally, laughing nonsense.
    Jade's face tilted slightly to the right. I turned my head in a somewhat embarrassing mood, but Jade's eyes followed tenaciously.
    "Viche Amelia."
    "What, huh?" Why are you so serious about calling me by my last name?
    "I love you." :aww:
    "Uh... me too?" I love you as a friend and as a family? :facepalm:
    Jade burst into laughter at my answer. And he opened his mouth again.
    "I love you as a man." :blobnosebleed:
    "Don't joke!"
    Jade's hand touched my face. My eyes were on Jade, staring somewhere in the room without a clear focus.
    "Don't shy away and listen." :blobmelt:
    "Uh…”
    "I love you. It's a mind that never changes after two rounds of life." :blob_pout:
    I didn't know how to react. You love me. Jade and me...….Me?
    "So stop trying to tie me up with the saint. Unless you intend to insult my heart."
    "J-Jade, think about it. You're not in your right mind….” I didn't even know what I was talking about.
    Jade's upper body came closer as I was rambling. Then he took my hand and took it to his mouth.
    "That's strange….Well, there's been a lot of incidents...….”
    Jade's lips touched the back of my hand. :aww:
    “I..I have an emotional disorder... … .” There were still words sputtering in my mouth that I didn't know what I was even saying, and my whole nerves were focused on Jade's behavior. I continued to speak up despite Jade's abnormal behavior. :blobrofl::blobrofl:
    "It can be confusing. It's possible...….”
    "there is…that----!”
    Jade took a handful of my hair and kissed me this time. :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    Jade's face came right in front of me. His hand was gently supporting the tip of my chin.
    “Where do I go to stop that mouth?”
    I could immediately see where Jade's gaze was staying. My lips, where his gaze touched, felt parched.
    “… … .” I had to shut my mouth tight.
    “Why did you close your mouth tight? It’s okay to do more, but it’s a confusion of feelings.” Jade's low laughter tickled me. I had to be nervous if the sound of swallowing would leak out.
    “Isn’t it possible to kiss each other?”
    “… … .”
    "Can't you at least kiss a family member?"
    “…….”
    "You said you were my sister and my mother?"
    “…….”
    "Mom, you should kiss me good night." Jade's curved eyes were brilliantly shining. He was making fun of me.
    This is crazy, Jade! You're crazy!
    I quickly lifted myself up and stepped back.
    "What's wrong?"
    "You... you...!”

(T/N: I had to mtl this because it's too dang cute, smexy and funny at the same time!)
    • Viche can't believe he's playing with her by teasing her like this.
    • Jade innocently if she's nervous now?
    • Viche can't seem to control her raging heart and she hadn't eaten much today so that's probably why she's sweating.
    • Jade comments he's not nervous when he's with 'family'
    • "Ha..?"
    • "Am I family?" Jade asks Viche as he smiles at her.
    • No, maybe I'll...…. You may have already known. Ever since I've cared about the hand I touched under the peach tree for a few days, ever since you came back wetting my shoulder and shedding tears...…. I was already feeling it. Another definition of our relationship. Was it my defense mechanism that turned a blind eye and pretended not to know?
      "That's too bad."
      What I felt sorry for, I narrowed my eyes and looked at him suspiciously.
      "If I had pretended not to know a little more…….”
      Jade picked himself up from the window and took a step closer to me. Reflectively, I took a step back.
      "It would have been more fun.” Jade's black hair fluttered blue in the moonlight. It was the first time I knew that his purple eyes were such a fascinating color.
      "Flustered?"
      "……Of course……” It was embarrassing. This situation.
      "Get used to it. I like it when you look embarrassed."
      Jade has changed. Obviously not the boy I used to know. Since when did you become a man? I looked at Jade in silence, but his expression was as gentle as usual. Since when was that expression that cannot read thoughts made?
      It was Jade who looked at each me for a long time and finally opened his mouth again. "A fairy tale, do you want me to read it?”
      Jade's softly smiling face reminded me of what he said the other day. 'The good mugger died with you the day you died.’
      This man in front of me wasn't the little Jade I knew.
    ----
    • Jade leaves Viche's room and heads back. When Benjamin sees him he asks why Jade has such a sad expression.
    • Jade asks why it should look bad. Benjamin surmises he's probably been too see Viche.
    • Jade asks if they know about the wizard who attacked Viche. Benjamin does and asks if Jade is just going to kill them. Jade thinks killing them quickly is to merciful as ever since he heard about the attack his been boiling that Viche will disappear or be taken away from him again. He won't hesitate to hold onto her tightly. Seeing her face in his mind, he misses her already.
    ---
    • The next day Cecilia visits Viche to see how's she fairing from their ordeal, Viche looks like she hasn't slept all night and they decide to head out to the garden for a walk.
    • When they step there, Viche sees someone tall with black hair. Realizing it's Jade , she grabs Cecil's hand and drags her to the side.
    • A confused Cecil goes, um..it's not this way...and their commotion alerts Jade's eyes.
    • Viche can't tell Cecil what's going in her head as she's getting all flustered and nervous and tries to avoid Jade.
    • Jade approaches and sees Viche's grip on Cecil's arm.
    • Cecilia is at a loss of what is going on??!
    • Jade tells her she must be busy and quickly Viche says Yes and drags a confused Cecilia way as Jade watches them leave.
    ---
    • Cecil looks at Viche and asks has something happened between the Emperor and her? Did the Emperor do something?
    • Viche gets flustered and says No.
    • Cecil replies "You must have done it very well." :blob_pout::blob_pout:
    • Quick to change the subject Viche goes isn't this beautiful.
    • Cecil looks at her suspiciously but then doesn't push it.
    • As they walk in silence, Viche has no choice but to think of Jade and why she's avoiding him. How's she suppose to be around him now?
    • She looks at Cecil and wonders why she, Viche is upset that Jade likes her vs Cecil? It's because how else can they break Jade's curse with out the Saint? She vows she has to work this out to save Jade
    • Viche is forgetting why she agreed to eat more often with Jade as they are sitting down for a meal.
    • Viche can't say anything as she watches Jade. Her eyes suddenly star to look at Jade. He's smiling. Then her eyes watch as he takes a piece of meat into his mouth. She watches his lips as it reminds her of their kiss last night.
    • "Viche"
      "..Uh..Huh?"
      "Shouldn't you be focused on eating? :blob_pout: He tells her smoothly
    • Confused, Jade continues and tells her tomorrow the merchants will come to the palace and she can pick out as many dresses as she'd like.
    • Caught off guard all Viche can says is "thanks" vs her usual praises towards Jade.
    • Jade comments that Viche is not acting as she usually does.
    • This freaks Viche out as she starts to flush in embarrassment telling him of course she's the same.
    • But she's not. She's feeling conscientious and why is Jade so calm?
    • "Good."
    • "What?" Viche suddenly feels thirsty and grabs a glass of water.
    • "You're conscious of me."
      "----!" Viche almost spits out her water.
      "Have you thought about it?"
      "What"
      "The answer to my heart?" :blobowoevil_horns:
    • Jade says this so casually without a skip in his pace as he eats. Viche on the other hand, her heart is thumping fast now.
    • Viche can't say much which causes Jade to burst out in laughter. He tells her that he'll stop teasing her now or else she'll get indigestion.
    • Jade smiles at Viche.
    • "Jade.." Viche calls him and Jade grins and says "Yes..."
    • "You're going to be Cecilia's escort for the banquet.":facepalm::facepalm:
    • Jade puts down his his fork and knife and puts his hands on the table and rests his chin on a hand and looks at Viche, he comments "As expected, my cute friend doesn't know how to give up."
    • Viche tries to make an excuse that Cecil is anxious and nervous around Jade and for him to fix it.
    • Jade stares at Viche pointedly for a moment and then says, "...alright."
    • When he asks who she's going to go with, Viche smiles and says, Duffy since Benjamin will be busy.
    • Jade nods and then tells her, "I'll do you want you want. Also you just do one thing I want."
    • "What is it?"
      "Don't walk away from like you did today."
      "....Okay." Viche thinks Jade a bit twisted.

~End of Volume 1 ~

There are 3 volumes. The last volume has 2 sections and 3 side stories.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. Haiting1536

Haiting1536 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are so amazing! Thank you for everything!! I appreciate all the work you put in to spoil us!

zarchi likes this.
  8. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    JADEEEEEEE SO HECKIN SMOOTH. STOP MELTING ME:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

limueee and zarchi like this.
  9. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you
    AAAAAAA Viche please give up. Poor Ceci shipped with "cold emperor" o_O

10. asaltedgrilledfish

asaltedgrilledfish Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for the spoilers! (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

11. tammilicious

tammilicious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you for your hardwork ❤❤❤

12. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol gorl be unknowingly cock blocking cecilia. Just let her go with Duffy

13. twenyfour

twenyfour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sorry, gotta ask this. Her father is not going to die in the current timeline right?

Creolenerd and biha like this.
  14. elizabeth.

elizabeth. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. She goes to rescue him on time with Duffy. They almost die and jade saved them with magic. So he's alive.

15. hhv94

hhv94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! I want more!! The MC is just so twisted in his own way for the MC!!! I'm really liking this vibe!! I hope whoever has the rest of the volumes will just give more detail or even a summary will be wonderful! Thanks so much to all!

biha and leyeh2 girl like this.
  16. seventeenflower

seventeenflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this going to have a happy ending or??? :(

17. Chihiiro

Chihiiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mann.. From yr description, I can roughly assume what will happen.. Btw thanks a lot(y)

18. chels_hotnacho

chels_hotnacho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone please explain me what's the first timeline all about? (in detail if possible)

19. pixel alien

pixel alien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me some spicy moment between jade and viche ?

20. elizabeth.

elizabeth. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first time line when she first transmigrated to this world she heard a voice that tells her to do her role if she wants to return back to her world. She knows that she is in a novel and that she is supporting character who is the ML's childhood friend and that she has to die to make the ML a tyrant. In the first time line she was not attached much to her family etc because she believed that she will be leaving this place after fulfilling her role. So the story begins at the scene where she dies as she confesses that she killed the emperor instead of the ML. the scene on a rooftop (I believe) . When the ML heard about this he hurried to that place but by the time he reached there she saw him and confessed that she had killed the emperor while he screamed no! tell them that you didn't or something like that. The fl thought that she will return back to the original world and the ml will meet the saint who was the original FL of the novel who will lift the curse of the ml. (In the story the members of the royal family who are able to use magic will have the curse of madness ) but unlike what the MC thought she turned back in time because she hasn't played her role properly. The ML on the other hand fell into madness because she's gone and he killed and destroyed the temple bell and stuff like that. he became a tyrant and he used magic to turn back time and returned to his 10 year old self. Because of this he had chances of dying at any time.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Yume-sama, RubySBS, Rin Lee and 46 others like this.