Discussion Another chapter of Stormy's daily life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, May 11, 2021.

?

Would you pour a cold bucket of water to someone?

1. Yes, better wake up early and realize life is a beech

34.8%
  2. No, life would do it to them someday either way

17.4%
  3. Yes, but usually more literally

4.3%
  4. No, I hate getting woken up by a douse of cold water so I don't do it to others

30.4%
  5. *spectating*

47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Beware: I don't have a tl;dr.

Today we're gonna talk about my mom, a dog and a chicken. To be specific it's my mom, our dog and the neighbours chicken.

I'm currently staying in the province, my mom is with me. She's schizophrenic and a bit old now, reached her sixties. She's overweight and we're trying to convince her to walk outside the house. But as people who are/were overweight, just telling yourself to move is quite hard.

Now, our neighbours. They are basically, extended family. My aunt and uncle in law? Since we are in the province they do a bit of gardening and have two chickens in the backyard.

The dog. We have two dogs. They both stay outside the house because my mom has asthma. We feed them well and they have a place to sleep, no worries. The one involved in today's incident is the fluffy one called Whychi. She's a snob doggo but is definitely the leader of the pack.

So today, like always, I was sweeping leaves in the morning. Perfectly cloudy weather accompanied by a fresh breeze. Must be the reason why my Mom decided it's a fine day to get out the house and take a walk. After finishing up our front yard, I saw that our neighbour were out and they haven't sweep the front of their house yet. So as the good member of the family that I am, I decided to sweep their part as well. They sometimes weep ours too so i feel a little indebted.

And so my mom also came to my direction. The dogs, after not seeing my mom for a while were very excited to see here, they were literally jumping out of joy, running around her. I saw this as I was finishing up my sweeping duties. After I was done, and the last leaf already sweeped clean, I told my mom, "I'm going in first". She was looking at the flowers in our backyard so it's fine to leave her there.

There I went, inside the house. Tried to cool down with a cup of water. Then sat down the sofa to play around with my phone. I think i was reading when suddenly, I heard a little banging at the door. Our door got two layers, one is a metal door with the upper half made of metal screens, the other door, the inner one, is a full hardwood door. I looked up at the door and there my mom was, gasping for breath holding Whychi in her front legs.

D:

What the fridge happened? That's what I thought when I saw that scene. My mom nearly banged the door but it needs to be pulled because it's the outer door. My sis went to the door and I heard them talk. My mom's agitated voice rang out telling my sis to open the door and put Whychi inside the house. My sis asked why and my mom told her that the dog was "eating" the chicken! My sister tried to calm her down and said that is very unlikely. But my mom got angry, raised her voice and said, "I saw it with my eyes! She(the dog) is trying to eat the chicken!"

"But Ma-"

"I SAW IT! OPEN THE DOOR!" My mom cut off what my sis was trying to say. And based on experience we know that first priority is calming her down first. So door got opened, dog got let in.

We thought that's the end of the story then we saw mom rummaging against one of the glass cabinet....Apparently, she's looking for a leash to tie up the dog. She's still agitated... I took off the leash from her and said I'll do it. She should just go to the chair and catch her breath. I didn't tie the dog tho. Instead I put her in our laundry area and closed off the place by putting a plywood of sort. I was hoping mom doesn't notice tho... I'm not sure how she'll react.

At lunch, when I was planning to feed the dogs, I tried to "casually" ask whether I could let out Whychi so that she could eat together with our other dog. Mom got angry again ha.. ha... I didn't even finish my question...

After lunch, my mom and brother went to the mall to get her picture taken for a senior citizenship ID. I was sleeping that afternoon so I only heard this story from my sister but apparently, my mom went to our neighbours to recount how our dog was "eating" the chicken... lmao... Ma, calm down... Our neighbour went to check and the chicken looks perfectly healthy.

It was a long read so congratulations if you reached here without skipping anything. I guess it was a mix of funny, ridiculous and frustrating. My personal take in what happened is that mom saw the dog playing with the chicken. Then she panicked and got agitated. The hard thing with my mom is that she gets fixated at an idea and then refuse other possibilities. No matter how ridiculous that idea could be, it doesn't matter. She has a hard time distinguishing the limits of reality. She has delusions of grandeur. She gets paranoid about simple stuff. It isn't easy but it's something you just get used in time. You deal with it and move on.

Not everyone experience something like this but I'm pretty sure it's quite the sound advice to just deal with things as they come. Don't get stuck bemoaning that the world is unfair. It has always been and it will always be. Deal with it. Or escape. Your choice.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    aintg, God slayer, imK and 11 others like this.
  2. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    XD now we need a meditative picture of Stormy sweeping the porch as the leaves slowly fall.

3. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^o^) *noms stormy*

Bad Storm likes this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not even a porch, it's a big area that could fit about 3 cars inside the big gate and another 3 outside. Not counting the neighbour's area ofc

Osamaru likes this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad life of a chicken... even when it's alive, the talk is still about eating it... :blobcry:

:blobdrool:

asriu, aintg, imK and 3 others like this.
  6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually regretted my poll after I made it. should have gone with "is it a dog eat chicken world"... the wasted opportunity ;-;

aintg, imK, Fulminata and 2 others like this.
  7. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I see a post of this dude whenever I open any forum thread with a few people in it. I like it.

8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    F for the chicken

aintg likes this.
  9. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    It's alive.

10. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    My granny was exactly like that.... She was easily irritated and didn't liked to take no for an answer... And yes she was delusional about many things, tho I guess that's because she was really old.....

11. Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu

Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu ‖True Chaos‖Twisted Prodigy‖True Energy‖Gamer God‖

Reading List:
    Link
    I AGREE

otaku31 likes this.
  12. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dogs do eat chicken. We have already lost countless lives. I will never forget chicky 1, chicky 2, chicky 3 and Mr. Spencer. All their necks bleeding and their innards protruding from their belly.

Bad Storm likes this.
  13. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    That's sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I've got no dogs, so for me it's sometimes cats eating chicken. When I was a kid my siblings and I each had one chick from our mother's friend, and two of the chicks were eaten by our cat. There was a simple funeral for them at the time, and we forced the cats to attend it.

14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think cats have more tendencies to eat/kill chicks and chickens. The usual interaction I see between chicken and dogs is that dogs are playing around the chicken.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    they are tasty~
    depending on circumstances, wild cat err rural cat? street cat? hmm those who hunt to eat is dangerous for chick~ tipical house guardian cat... nah the chicken maybe the one who will chase the cat~ although it also depend what kind of chicken we talking about~ swan on other hand can chase cat, dog and human with no problem lol

Bad Storm likes this.