Question I'm Really a Superstar's drama adaption

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aqualistic, May 10, 2021.

1. Aqualistic

Aqualistic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was watching No Boundary drama and checked the female lead's profile to check her past works. But to my surprise I found out that I'm Really a Superstar is being adapted into a drama.

Does anyone know the process of the drama and what can it be expected to be release? Or is it shelved because I heard there were copyright or some legal issue with IRAS.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    lololololol
    maybe it more about the drama aspect rather than the plagiarize thing or selective which part can be take such as classic music
    ask @Wujigege that one like watching cdrama

Aqualistic likes this.
  3. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what? It has to be unbanned it first before even thinking about a drama...... I really want to know how much "Frozen" is going to slap people's faces.

Also it seems kind of impossible. There are too many things that need to be regulated (Plagiarized works) before airing. It'll mess the whole story up.

4. Aqualistic

Reading List:
    Link
    yh I don't even see Zhang Ye's wife in the cast. It seem Rao something his landlady will be the fl lead.

5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm Wu Zeqing doesn't really show up until much later so it makes sense I guess. Hmm maybe they found a way to circumvent the ban. If they are only planning on using the beginning parts, they might be able to do it. It's mostly poetry and one novel that has been plagiarized. Most old poems don't have existing copyrights and they only need to get the novel writer's permission. Maybe they don't even need that, the novel name can be changed as it isn't mentioned too much except for the name.

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't worry too much about any problems with the adaptation in terms of copyright. Most of them take a ton of liberties with the source material unless the original writer is part of the production staff so expect there to be a lot of changes. I'm watching a show right now that follows the original book in its broad strokes but probably some 70% of it does not come from the book.

The release date can be a huge question mark. Usually these shows are shot in just a couple of months so you'd think that they'd release fairly quickly after that. However what happens is that NRTA can keep a show from airing for extended periods of time - I've seen shows that were completed years ago and still haven't aired! This shouldn't affect new shows as much but being delayed a year or two isn't uncommon.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. starvecleric

starvecleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh I thought the drama adaptation would be scraped because of the backlash on the book, but surprisingly it seems like they recently finished filming it on 24th April, though the broadcast date is still not confirmed (though it seems to be projected to come out within 2021)
    https://s.weibo.com/weibo?q=#我真是大明星#&from=default

[​IMG]
    Zhang Ye is played by Wei Daxun (He's quite a famous variety show personality in China known for being a bit unruly a bit playful, so it seems quite fitting haha)

[​IMG]
    Rao Aimin
    [​IMG]
    Zhang Yuanqi

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was not banned because of frozen.

the author came out and spoke about why it was banned.

it was because the novel portrayed "guanxi" and showed a bad image of the SARFT.

i'm surprised that this got a drama tbh. the author kept on saying that he was editing the novel but it never got unbanned. i think he also tried to write another novel but it was dropped because it wasn't successful and the author disappeared

also there were several nice girls in the novel

the landlord is imho, the best girl but she didn't get him for some reason. she supported the mc and was very nice to him throughout the series, even when she was poor.

the martial arts arc was also about her and introduced her niece (iirc).

then there's also the host, who he sang 董小姐 to during the masked singer arc. it was clear that she liked him.

the wife is hmmmmmmmmm. they had some nice parts but their whole romance was just strange. the author was clearly attacking the sarft and bad practices in china like guanxi which many authors were writing during that peroid and i guess the wife was there just to enable him to write about it

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    SylviaViolet likes this.
  9. Aqualistic

Reading List:
    Link
    lol Idk why I remembered the landlord as a rich lady owning several buildings.

10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because she is i think...i remember her like this too. i think she was supposed to be the fmc at the start but later the author decided to write about the stuff that got it banned so he created a new fmc who had ties to the party

but like you, i can't be sure either cus it's been so long...

Aqualistic likes this.
  11. Aqualistic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... Now that I think about it she was introduced early on and had more interaction with ML. Then idk later in the chapters, FL lead got introduced and suddenly gotten married to ML and had a kid. aside from author's despcription of FL being a perfect partner/wife for ML, I do believe the landlady is more memorable and better suited.

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Just give up. You might have to wait until 2030 before the drama airs without a TV channel and just on an online platform with no subtitle