Burnout

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KizunaAi, May 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately, I feel very bored and lil bit useless. Even my fav novels/anime/manga/game doesn't cheer me up but instead, they make me feel very bored and useless.:blobsad::blobsad::blobsad:

Since this is my first time feeling like this, what should I do? Should I take a break from everything and stop it? How about you guys, did you ever had a feeling like this? If so, could you tell me some ways to stop this feeling of bored? I want to enjoy my reading and etc. So please help me :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u have something u put to do at a later date? If so, as u are bored u can start doing it even if for just a while

KizunaAi likes this.
  3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really have things like that since I finished it all about 1 week ago :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

GonZ555 and Qiun like this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Feeling demotivated can be a very tough thing, especially when it happens to you for the first time in your life. I am not someone who has perfectly handled the situation, but I am gonna try to give some advise. Firstly, try to take a break if possible. Pick a new hobby, as keeping your brain engaged is important. Get together with a few friends. You can even discuss about your issue with them, if you feel comfortable. As long as it is a simple lack of motivation, instead of active thoughts which you constantly generate to demotivate yourself... It should be ok. You can get through it. Keep chipping!!

5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd have suggested going out, taking walks, socializing, but Rona-chan isn't a friend you'd want to make, so...
    (Should add that depending on where you live, you may still be able to do those things.)

You can still chat with friends online, tho I recommend some sort of exhausting physical activity. I play badminton everyday with my cousin who lives next door and it def. feels refreshing to get away from my usual reading indulgences for a while.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  6. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you recover but it's been over 5 years for me and I still can't seem to have fun with games or anime anymore.

KizunaAi likes this.
  7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eat happy foods, sunbathe from 7-8 am, play with soil

8. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do some sports, anything that move your body without thinking much, running can help

9. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (╥﹏╥)
    Then...If u like games there is a cute short one called A short hike, it has certain healing properties, and it helped me sometime ago when I was felling down

KizunaAi likes this.
  10. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend trying to get a new hobby. I think that it depends on the person with how long you'll be like that. It might last for a short period of time or maybe years (sadly)

11. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this is the time where you just take a break. I couldnt watch anime, play games or read web novels for a couple of years. I made a couple of friends, and focused on school. My other sugestion is to start exercising.

KizunaAi likes this.
  12. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    I can relate to your feeling of boredom from time to time. I think that what helps make it better and the reason of this feeling in first place differs from person to person. Someone might just be tired of being on internet and reading novels all the time, and someone might just be bored because they haven’t found a good novel or manga, anime, etc. Or someone might just be tired of it all without any reason for some time, maybe they are unmotivated.
    Things that might cheer you up:
    • Eat something yummy that you like. I’m not even joking and this is one of the best solutions.
    • Talk to your friends and family, or people you love. And get a hug from them. Maybe feeling like you are loved can help your mood.
    • Try new things. you might unexpectedly find something that you like.
    • Self care and positive thinking might be a very good option.
    • Think about whatever you want to do and just do it. Sometimes you are feeling this way because unknowingly there is something you want but you are too lazy to do it or you don’t have motivation for doing it.
    • Get sleep. A lot of it. Might wash away some hidden fatigue.
    • Get a break from social media if you are feeling like there is nothing new and that you are feeling like you have nothing to do. Things like doing exercises, reading books, maybe trying new habits, cooking and this things can help.
    Hope that helps and that you feel better soon ✰♡

KizunaAi likes this.
  13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s time to shake things up.
    I like to swim, hike or go to the gym. A real fun thing I do is people watch while I play my uku.
    I suggest picking up an old game you use to love or maybe cooking.
    Whatever you do. Have fun.
    I wish you luck

KizunaAi likes this.
  14. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    No.... I don't any ways to stop that feeling..... I'm suffering from that for a long time.....

KizunaAi likes this.
  15. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    My honest opinion, ask help from a psychiatrist or a counselor.

I know it's easier to ask help or opinion anonymously in the internet but it's better to have professional opinion.

Of course, it might be expensive and currently unavailable due to the on going pandemic, your mental and emotional health takes priority first.

I suffered depression throughout my high school and college years. Because I didn't think that I was actually suffering with it at all and just taking advice from people that although had my best interest didn't understand what I'm really feeling about it. To the point that everyday I would think that if I just stood in the middle of the oncoming traffic and died would make me feel better.

It seems like it's a small thing but it's better to have an actual answer than taking guess of what is really happening and getting immediate help.

KizunaAi likes this.
  16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read some comedy novels like the silly alchemist or the strongest system

KizunaAi likes this.
  17. chuvalulu

chuvalulu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you can try out a new hobby. As for me, whenever I feel bored or so unproductive I just embroider, cook or buy a new plant to nurture. You can also try doing other art crafts like resin, crochet, macrame, watercolor paint and others. It is a really good way to past time and will help you relax ☺️

KizunaAi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.