Discussion What’s your comfort food?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Manhuas2Life, May 15, 2021.

1. Manhuas2Life

Manhuas2Life {•_•}[me?] [manhuas]{^~^}

Reading List:
    Link
    All the pretzels I’ve tried were horrible. They didn’t taste good. I haven’t had the chance to taste a good one

Mr. Tired likes this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Peanut butter. I always have some in storage and can eat it with bread or anything. Plus when I feel lazy I just scoop it with a spoon:blob_pout:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww u_u That sucks noodles.
    I think the best places to get soft pretzels are bakeries, but I've only ever been to one bakery my entire life- and it was a family run business. It's gone now sadly, but they made good ones. I miss it a lot. ;-;

4. sorenman1

sorenman1 The Forgotten Engineer of Legends

Reading List:
    Link
    A Salvadorian Pan con Pollo. Its like food from heaven and I feel as if I am sinning eating it thinking that we mortals do not deserve to eat it.

5. Manhuas2Life

Manhuas2Life {•_•}[me?] [manhuas]{^~^}

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeha. I wanna try a good pretzel at least once la.

6. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Bread you can get in regular supermarkets too but where do you go if you need to buy things like cakes?

7. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    bakeries?
    Bigger supermarkets also do cakes which are pretty good although usually freshly baked ones are still the best
    Or you can buy one of those cakes mixes and prepare it in like 15m and let it heat for another 30 or so

8. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never eaten pretzels before. I think they don't sell them much in my country...

9. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about big and good cakes like the ones you would use for a celebration or something.....

I asked the question because he said he has only been to a bakery once.

Blitz likes this.
  10. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    >:] I make mah own~

Aki Aki likes this.
  11. Aki Aki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's nice. I can cook but whenever I try to make cakes, they don't come out well at all. It's usually too dense and not airy enough. And cream is a nightmare to make. I've never made anything that even comes close to the ones that you can buy easily at a store.

12. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Buttered whole-grain toast or simple rice congee with umeboshi when down with stomach problems.
    Ginger and chicken soup for cold/flu recovery. My mom used to make miso soup topped with raw garlic slices at those times too. But... the garlic breath lasted forever haha. Nowadays I might just have a side of garlic toast with chicken soup.
    Warm udon noodles with a soft boiled egg and shichimi togarashi. Cold soba and vegetable kakiage.
    Chicken katsu (teishoku or katsudon). Omurice (ketchup version).
    Crab cream korokke. Coxinha. Pão de queijo.
    Strawberry shortcake. Chocolate chips cookies with sea salt. Dulce de leche alfajores.
    Nissin coconut sables (awesome biscuits for tea time). Chocolate layered Biscoff (better than regular Biscoff).
    Brazilian carrot cake topped with chocolate fudge and chocolate sprinkles (It's not the same as American carrot cake, it's more like a yellow cake).

During winter, my family always has Sukiyaki together, it's been years since I had it. My dad bought the thinly cut beef slices from a specialized butcher, sometimes we got fresh napa cabbage shipped directly from a farm owned by a family that has been acquainted with mine for a few generations. The tare is Tokyo-style warishita, a recipe passed down from my godmother. Strangely, my parents always seared the meat first... which is suppose to be Kansai style lol

I also try to remember my husband's favorites. Mostly overlap with mine since I'm the one cooking but if I had to point out some special ones it would be fluffy pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast, pudding with caramel sauce, shaved ice with red syrup and condensed milk, za'atar bread, bulgogi, pizza, steak with wasabi, tsukemaguro nigirizushi and spicy foods in general.

13. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hand-pulled noodles. I just realized that most of the time I made it I was in a bad mood, so it's the process of cooking and eating that helps lighten up my mood

Snowbun likes this.
  14. Deleted member 349875

Deleted member 349875 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have one i just eat anything that smell and taste great but i like to repeatedly eat pizza and burger

15. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am really feeling like shit, I'll make some rice pudding. Both my parents liked making it for breakfast when I was younger, so it is a nice piece of stabbing nostalgia for my lactose intolerant stomach. It really does make me feel better tho, even if it is a tad masochistic :cookie: