Discussion people are so weird.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by efo, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm saying your point doesn't make sense because I don't see why someone would start reading historical tagged novels with an iron clad, unbudging definition of what a historical novel should be like, and then ignore every single other thing (summary, other tags, overarching genres, etc) about the novel and give the novel a 1 star rating just because of a misplaced historical tag. Like yeah, that's not very good, but would that actually happen often enough for it to matter?

And if an otherwise 3-4 star rating went down to a 1 or 2 star rating because of a very poor execution of a tag/genre/idea (i.e. author writes a novel that's supposedly set during the Middle Ages, and that was the premise of the story- watch MC be transmigrated to the Middle Ages and grows to become OP there- and suddenly MC gets machine guns and airplanes to fight people and the story is just MC senselessly blowing people up), yeah, I'd say that's totally justified.

efo likes this.
  2. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If something is mislabeled, then the best option would be to adjust the labels :cookie:

In response to the OP: everyone uses the review system differently, and some people use it to attack any genre they don't like. In the same vein, some people use it to promote the genres they like with 5 star reviews, even if they haven't read it. I wish I could say they even each other out, but they typically don't. Unfortunately though, we just have to live with it unless something changes in the review system.

efo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.