Discussion '3000%' autistic genre

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Epythymy, May 15, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays I see more and more retarded novels of 3000% or 'super op' genre with similar descriptions. Are there even people who can read this kind of bullshit?

At chapter 1:

*Ding* Congratulations! Your strength increased by 3000%!
    *Ding* Congratulations! Obtained 'Nine more holes Holy Body'!
    *Ding* Congratulations! You have received God-level suspicious white powder!

Etc etc.

Even though such descriptions don't look very promising, it's still not on the level of yaoi for straight male readers + I'm a fan of op protagonists, so I've decided to give some of them a try.

It was an eye-opening experience.

It's basically an amalgamation of all the worst things in CN novels.
    • Pointlessly arrogant MC ✓
    • Absurd and undeserved 3000% power-ups every few chapters ✓
    • Arrogant young masters antagonists ✓
    • Other 3rd rate villains ✓
    • Useless cheerleader-like side characters doing nothing but going 'WOW!' every time MC breathing ✓
    • Pointlessly large untouched useless harem of 1 dimensional heroines ✓
    • Plot that repeats itself every 15-20 chapters ✓

What I found the most absurd though are villains. No matter how much '3000%' upgrades MC received, autistic villains with power similar to his will appear again and again.

'Ah, if I haven't received last 3000% upgrade 1.5 chapters ago I wouldn't be able to win! What a close call!!!!!!' quotes of the greatest protagonists.

These novels are so retarded that I'm somewhat speechless. It's also worth mentioning that most of them are coming from qidian and went through readers' vote. Meaning that qidian users approved them and want more? Seriously? Wtf?

Are there any heroes on NUF who tried to reae them? What's your impression?

I've tried some of them several months ago, when they just started to appear, 'supreme blessing: doomsday online' or smth like that was the one I've read the longest. I've managed to conquer 69 chapters before I've stopped! What a fantastic shit it was...

Dr_H_16, UnGrave and otaku31 like this.
  2. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily I got autism so I can read those kinds of novels just fine. :)

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're looking at them the wrong way. Start thinking of the system as the true MC and the so called protag as the bratty young master blustering on borrowed power (of their elders system), you'll develop a kinder view of them. And honestly, if you intend to continue reading Qidian novels, you'll have to get used to them; crappy as they may be, they're all the current Qidian is filled with.

That said, I owe them for saving my English skills; I stopped MTLing when they were all I could find.

P.S. Please don't call them autistic; autistic people have done nothing to deserve such condemnation.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  4. Epythymy

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried to look at them in kinder way, but it's impossible. No matter how I think about it, it's too over-the-top to have such updates and villains that can compete with MC despite them.

Face-slapping novels aren't new, but there was at least some logic or plot in them before. There were trials or at least some build-up to story.

Now it's *ding* and that's about it. With another ding a silly villain will appear.

It's simply too much.

Dr_H_16 and otaku31 like this.
  5. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a problem but, there are still people who read them. Without demands there won't be supplies.

Epythymy likes this.
  6. Epythymy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and I find it very sad. The more people like it, the worse novels will be in the future. Who will try hard to write something worthwhile if silly things are popular all the same?

idlereader likes this.
  7. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    They're still there. Some people still treat their stories as their child. It's their hardwork and won't let the quality plummet.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland is pretty good.

That aside, those numbers are just fillers. They started to spreads from game focused novel and now has become virus that invaded every single fantasy genre.

System/appraisal skill made it really easy for author to create the illusion of progress, when there are none

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.