Discussion Purging your reading list

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, May 16, 2021.

?

Is your reading list organised?

1. Reading list? Whut dat? Can I eat it?

20.0%
  2. It's super organised

22.2%
  3. I just dump everything into one list

28.9%
  4. It's catagorized well, but I didn't to follow the categories...

11.1%
  5. One part organized, one part clutter

48.9%
  6. Others *comments*

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm planning to purge my "Reading Right Now" List and thinking of leaving less than 5 novels. Still not sure which novels to leave tho, I'll decide later. This is to give myself time to read other stuff besides translated novels and at the same time, let the novels I'm reading in NU stack chapters.

So if you were to purge your NU reading list into five novels or less, which novels would these be and why? Are there novels better of binge read? Are there novels better off being read as soon as there's an update? Are novels better off mtl-ed to finish it then proceed to the next novel?

Ahodesuga and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just put the ones I enjoy in one reading list and put the ones that are hot garbage in another I titled "My Regrets".

TheFluffyOne, chrissy987 and Toralk like this.
  3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to purge it into only 5 novels... I'd keep only:
    • Befriending The Most Powerful Person
    • Everyone Knows I’m a Good Person
    • Today, the Foolish Scum Gong Screwed Me Over Again
    • Transmigrating into the Reborn Male Lead’s Ex-Boyfriend
    • Transmigrating Into The Heartthrob’s Cannon Fodder Childhood Friend
    Since those are some of the only ones that update regularly + I read every update as they go. But also like... I read more than those 5 regularly so purging to just those 5 would hurt. :blobcry:

StDuck, TheFluffyOne and chrissy987 like this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Dumping novels I follow into one pile stresses me out since they don't update at the same time :blobdizzy:

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon Life, Tensei Oujo and... Uhn... Was there a 3rd one I was reading? I think there were 3 novels that I was reading semi-regularly, but I can't quite remember it... *goes check my reading list*

Oh, Sukamoka! How could I forget that one!? >.<

... And uhn... Yeah, those 3. I don't have anything else that gets regular updates on my reading list.

Like, sure, I'm still waiting for new Kenkyo chapters and stuff, but uhn... Well, most novels on my "Reading" Reading List haven't gotten an update in years, so... Dragon Life, Tensei Oujo and Sukamoka, that's it from me. Everything else could easily be purged because they're in hiatus anyways~

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a binge pile where after binging one, I would proceed to the next thing to binge then so on then after some time, the first one I binged would have enough chapters to be binged again :blobrofl:

Lissi likes this.
  7. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer to this is none for me :blobpopcorn_cool:
    Nothing can persuade me to mtl, I'd rather drop :blob_coughblood:

8. Leier

Leier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have several reading lists, they are in tabs so it's easy to check.
    The main list 'Reading Now' has only around 6 novels.
    The other lists are like 'read later when completed', 'keeping now, check later', 'completed novels to binge'.

chrissy987 and Bad Storm like this.
  9. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha haven't added anything new to your list lately? I kept finding myself adding new stuff after procrastinating on those I've read.
    Once upon a time, Stormy believed that it was okay to mtl.. Stormy burned some brain cells during this period... so never again

Lissi likes this.
  10. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    I see :blobrofl:

The second to last one in my list of 5 updates every two days though, so I feel like I'm better off reading every update as I go for sure, while my memory's still fresh~ :blobtaco:

:blob_patpat: So you were also a victim of MTL

:blobsneeze: My sympathies go to you

Bad Storm likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I haven't added anything new since 2018 or something... >.>

I just don't read much these days... And if I do want to find something new to read, I usually go after a manga instead of a novel nowadays... Though even that is rare.
    ... And well, if I wanted to get a new novel, there should be a few hundred novels on my other reading lists that are organized by genre for when I want to read something of a specific genre that I haven't even started yet... I just haven't touched those lists in years, but they exist.

AMissingLinguist and Bad Storm like this.
  12. Creativity53

Creativity53 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If a novel is interesting, I put it into my reading list. But, I usually just keep up with a few novels, and I only read other novels if I feel like it. Maybe I'll organize it when I have time.

babybb likes this.
  13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your list, that's a bit similar to mine.
    While it's wasn't that bad, it wasn't pleasurable either. Sometimes I like how stories were written and not just how it developed. I lose a lot from mtl.
    That makes sense. Reading takes up too much time, there are also times when I choose other recreational activities then forget about reading altogether haha.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? If you come back later then you'll always wonder if you've read something before. Just make a new list for what you're currently wanting to keep track of. The main reading list, I just leave for all novels I've read here. That way you can easily exclude novels already in your reading list when you do a search for a series on NU.

15. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh while I did say I'm purging them, I'm merely putting them in my other lists. I'm simply moving stones from one place to another to keep the weight I'm carrying with me lighter and have space for other things.

16. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to keep everything in one place. Especially if I want to read a particular novel that day. And It's just easier for me since I forget stuff a lot.

Bad Storm likes this.
  17. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how messy my reading list right now, I still can't work my way of purging it.
    They contain a lot of memories.. :blob_teary:

Bad Storm likes this.
  18. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean... I even have a special list for all those that disappointed me when they got dropped or when the story started to get boring...
    Wow, isn't it hard to distinguish them from each other?

Tangshu and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  19. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    • I have "Default", where stuff goes if I click a check box and don't categorize.
    • I have "Aways" which is stuff that I theoretically always read if it updates, but there are 5 in there I should move to Archive.
    • "Archive" is where I put things that I read some of, and liked, but don't want to read more of any time soon.
    • Then I have "Nope" into which I put things that I never want to read, some of which I tried and dislike, others I simply judged the synopsis.
    • I have "Paywalled" in which I put things that I won't read anymore because the host wants me to pay to read it.
    • I have "Elsewhere" for things that I am reading from the forbidden libraries of the demonic sects. Mostly migrated from Paywalled.
    • I have "Complete" for stories that have been completely translated, which I may or may not have finished reading.

All the lists are set up so that their contents won't show up in the main feed, that way I can hunt for treasure when I feel like it, without digging through the stuff I've already examined.

It could be better organized, I suppose. This is very manageable for me though.

20. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious, does removing things from your reading list helps a lot when finding new stuff to read?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.