Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    He cares for his sister but not for the painter. Also even if he cares for his sister, like her father who had cared for her, they both value their family name a lot. Her father had also ordered people to kill her son, so the family doesn't like the shame Emiliano and her son brought to the family and her. Her running away with the painter pretty much made their family and her looked bad, along with the fact she was the Crown Prince's fiancée. Oscar also had them drag her back. Even if she can't be Crown Princess, he still wants her. He was trying to still make her his official mistress by marrying some old Count.

The revenge if I recalled, was from the 2nd life. Not too sure on the 3rd life. It's Oscar who told her about what her brother did to him, hence why Oscar hates Luciano. Ines doesn't know until when Oscar tells her.

Edit: Better explanation of how her father and brother felt

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  2. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes because even Isabella, his mother, can tell Carcel had liked Ines since he was young, since he would keep trying to get Ines's attention, but she never paid attention to him. When Ines went back to Mendoza, Isabella was telling Ines she was glad they have a good marriage and that Ines finally have some feelings for her son since he's always the one looking at her back and Ines doesn't even bother to look at him.

The first time he had sex with someone else was because after repeated failures of getting her attention, he seek attention elsewhere. After his first time, he felt really guilty and thought Ines would be upset if she finds out, but then his guilt didn't last long and he just spiral downward and just continue to do it until he doesn't feel guilty anymore. When Ines caught him, that's when he started to feel guilty again, but she didn't care if he cheated since that's what she was hoping for anyway. As mentioned, he only realized he liked or even loved her when she almost die.

3. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoiler @NohrNeir, but i think he realized he loved her when he feel uneasy when she doesnt care abt his cheating or sleeping around, well the novel is good, only i dont like ml sleep around much, 2,3 times for releasing the stress is fine. Because i dont know fl feel like the second life when oscar sleep around and later make her got sexual disease or no. But i probably feel this way when ml sleep around too much.
    I enjoyed your spoiler much, ml did love fl a lot but i hope to see him more more jealousy

4. CelesKnox

CelesKnox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to add something cause I see everyone keep asking regarding his action of cheating. This is 6 years old Ines when she decided to chose him in this timeline. Why he’s perfect for her even though he’s sleeping around with many women.

Besides, although he was a famous playboy. He didn’t have STD like someone else, had many women around him but never did prostitution, and had sex within normal sense... she couldn’t believe the potential she need was in that kid.

This is Oscar’s guarantee.

If Carcel Escalante had done any of them, whether he had STD, or did prostitution, or male prostitution (comparing Carcel to Oscar), the Crown Prince, who was so jealous of his cousin, would have told the world.

Even though there are so many skinship stories, they were all within a common sense, so I couldn’t even remember them. It’s just that he has a lot of desires, but not a pervert (also comparing Carcel to Oscar).

(Then as mentioned before, Ines told her father she wanted Carcel just because of his handsome face).

I felt sorry for Carcel Escalante for a moment.
    But is it bad the playboy get punished in advance?
    and that’s why I never bother when he cheated because that’s what Ines wants all along (and even brainwashed him), and her purpose of choosing him was for divorce. It would be different if Ines didnt want him to cheat tho cause I dont like cheating men too.

Also about their wishes in first life, I want to give my opinion about it:D

Regardless of their wishes, they will be together again in 4th life so they are meant for each other sobs. And as you can see from the spoiler, she’s never been happy in the life she didnt end up with Carcel. (2nd life married the crown prince, 3rd life only live in a happy life with Emiliano about 4 years but I can’t call it as a happy life).

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  5. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he realized when she almost died. There's a whole dialogue when she almost died and he was reflecting on his past, and he will explicitly admit he finally knows he loves her. That's what "realizing" means. The whole time he just accept it whenever Ines tells him that he doesn't like her. There's no need for readers to "think" when he realized it because the author had written it all out. It was very explicitly mentioned when he realized it.

As for Carcel sleeping around, I've mentioned many times Ines wanted it. Even in the synopsis, she was looking for a player to marry. It's so she can divorce him easily. She doesn't want to be tied to men since after her history with Oscar and Emiliano, she doesn't want to fall in love anymore (because of her hurt with Emiliano) and she doesn't want to deal with males like Oscar. She married a player, so her name can be kept under her divorced husband's name when they have a child, and her parents won't try to marry her off again. Aristocratic women usually always get married off by their families. She chose Carcel because even if he's a player, his past was always "clean". He didn't have messy one night stands, or any STD's. What she hates most is the STD's part. Carcel was selective even with who he slept with, not like Oscar who just sleeps with anyone.

Also as above poster said, I also hate cheating men but in this case, neither Ines, nor Carcel were in an actual serious relationship and she wanted him to sleep around.

mtl of end of v2
    But she was sick.

She couldn't breathe, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lived that time....

While he was barely doing that. While he was running away and rolling like a bastard.

"That's how four years have passed. At that time, Ines never left the bed for a day while in Perez."

She've been sick like this.

It wasn't funny at all, but he thought he'd laugh.

When he returned to Mendoza from time to time, Ines appeared in front of him in perfect condition. It's a bit dry and a bit more nervous. And completely numb....

But a little more recollection shows the pale gaze of the hand that had grabbed his arm until the back of his hand turned white.

Carcel eventually let out a sharp grin. What a cruel woman. Damn grit. How did he know she had hidden it like that? How can he knew this...…. In the end, she beat him to the end. She didn't lose even if she die....

The resentment crumbled like burnt ash.

In fact, he didn't resent it at all. He loathed himself.

He knew nothing would change from now on. Nothing could be undone. For he could never force his way through the doors she had kept closed at the time, nor marry with the naive delusion of sixteen.

But it could have been a little different. If he knew, if he knew her pain. If he knew the reason for the outward appearance, maybe, if he hadn't let her go. If he hadn't fled, if he hadn't made such a shitty mistake in the first place, if he hadn't made a ridiculous comeuppance.

So if he could love her...….

Carcel scoffed at himself for presupposing that he still didn't love her. Those days were horrifying. He's sick of ignorance that he didn't know anything about.

He wouldn't have lived that way if he didn't know.

He wanted to strangle himself. Love? Who doesn't dare to love...he couldn't stand the hatred.

He already loved her.

The moment he thought she'd never open her eyes again, the moment when the world stopped for a very short time without hearing her breathing, she said.

"…Carcel?"

At dawn, she woke up and called him back like a dream. It was a voice that made him look for God. Regardless if it was something like love, it was good.

He cried not to dare to kiss her with emotion, not to say he loved her. Really regardless if it was something like love, it was good.

If she opens her eyes and look at him and call his name.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    assiralc_, Tobbit, ELtein and 55 others like this.
  6. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it s fair when she also experienced marriage life with the other people and have skill in bed =D i agreed that. In the past 2, 3 life i think carcel also didnt get marriage because he was in love with her? I mean in 2nd life she continue being loving child but in 3rd, 4th life she changed her characteristic? She sounds like yandere in young age when u try to bully ur fiance haha

7. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is not completed right? Since V9 will be released in fall??
    Carcel is hot tho and pervert too lol.
    Can you please tell me why Inez was so deadbent on hygiene? Like washing their hands before entering her room? And did this habit of hers continued even after her marriage and kids?
    Thank you for all these spoilers @NohrNeir You're godsend.
    Btw MTLcorner has 20 chapters for this novel. They have it in pilot novel's category so I don't think they will release more chapters.

MayBAPandacat likes this.
  8. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    It is completed. Volume 9 is just side stories. The actual volume isn't getting released in fall, but the chapters for it. Usually volumes get published after the chapters are completed.

She's actually OCD. She's been that way since forever, even in past lives. That's why she hated Oscar's STD's more when she found out about his STD's and how he got them. She keeps feeling he's filthy. Carcel notices early on she likes clean things so he always washes himself before they have sex or any parts of himself before touching her or letting her touch him. There's a part when he'll tell her that every part she had touched had always been clean. This was when she tried to have sex with him but he won't let her go further since he didn't have time to bath after he rushed to Mendoza to see her. They resolved it by bathing together.

Not sure if Ines notices it herself though since she gets confused later on why Carcel is always so hung up on cleanliness when he's gotten so used to it because of her.

Agree. :blobxd:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  9. Sourwer.XDD

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell me more about Inez showing her strong and bitchy personality? Like not caring at all about situations or something along the line? And some fluffy and power couple moments between leads? Please :aww:

icay1x likes this.
  10. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably mistaken the personalities of the couple since they're not really a power couple and Ines isn't strong and bitchy. I wouldn't even say they wish to be a power couple either since Ines and Carcel like living a secluded life away from the capital. Ines is somewhat of an introvert who acts well as an extrovert when needed. Both of them would rather just live alone together, hence why Ines easily set Calztela as her permanent residence since she like that slow peaceful lifestyle. She only started to put up all those propaganda and news of Carcel to increase his fame so the imperial family can't touch him. It's so that Carcel will be too famous for the imperial family to hurt or force him to do anything, like his grandfather. Carcel's grandfather was once very famous to the point that the emperor just let him be since he was considered a hero.

Ines's personality is more cold and indifferent, not strong and bitchy. Basically she is a pretty selfish and lazy person but it's not like she's totally cold since she does care for people who are very close to her. Her personality is also very noble, like a true noblewoman. She gets all shameful when displaying love publicly, until much later on when she begins to love Carcel more, then she would remove all pretenses. In the beginning she acts all embarrassed when he openly acts stupidly in love. She only allows him to kiss and hug her in public without saying anything because she wanted to pretend to be a good wife, in the beginning. Carcel who knew this would use it to his advantage to always get close to her in public since she won't reject him, otherwise she would try to lecture him and get all annoyed. Even after she confessed to him, she doesn't say "I love you" often.

Her not caring is mainly because of her indifference and she really doesn't care for people she's not close with. Such as when she didn't love Carcel in the beginning, she would just make comments how he's talented with ladies but she just say it as a compliment whereas to Carcel it felt like a slap to his face since he felt guilty of his playboy past.

There are a few times she acted out such as later on when she shot an assassin who had tried to kill Carcel's father. She took her brother's gun and had her brother help her find her father in law since she knew Oscar is going to try to kill him. Another time was when she was almost raped by the prince and she started to cut herself threatening Oscar that if he tries to touch her, she will kill herself.

As for fluffy moments, there's a lot I think I've mentioned some of them already. Whenever they're together is a fluff moment. Even when they're apart it's fluffy cause they send sweet letters to each other (mostly Carcel with his letters that are mostly perverted and lovestruck). Most of Ines's letters were only a few lines long and she usually sent only letters rarely until after his "death" and she just continued to send him letters to pretend to be a wife that's depressed and in denial for her husband's death.

Well it's just like the title, the main plot of the novel is about their marriage. Hence why the ending sometimes feel lacking to some people since Ines and Carcel had no real care to punish or get back at the people who had done them wrong. They moved on and focused on their marriage and their future together with their family of 4.

Edit: It appears Ines is an extrovert but Carcel is still an introvert. Check MBTI spoiler.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  11. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sourwer.XDD After boggling over some more memories, I've written a few more fluff moments. They're usually a few pages within the chapters so there's so many.

• He originally would addressed her 'my sun' in the letters but then when he was sent off to war, he started to complain the sun is too hot so he will have to call her 'my life'. There was also a time he visited an island that has green beautiful sea and he told her that it reminded him of her eyes. He wanted to bring her to see the beautiful places he visited and said she will probably be busy looking at the scenery while he'll be busy watching her. When Ines read that, she thought to herself that she would probably be busy watching him since he's so handsome and they'll look like stupid couples who can't keep their eyes off each other.
    • Carcel also told her that his men had been stealing the cigars she had stolen from his father and given to him. He wanted to throw them off the ship but couldn't so he ended up having to keep the remaining cigars in the safe where he kept the imperial seal. Ines had told him to smoke them when he feels good and he told her that he feels good whenever he thinks of her. While he was writing the letter, he then said whenever he writes to her, he thinks of her so now he has to go grab a cigar.
    • Carcel also told her that he took a newspaper clipping from one of his men that had a drawing of her. There was no frame on ship, so he took out the imperial edict from its frame and used that frame for her picture. Whenever he enter his cabin and see the picture, he felt his cabin is so much better now, though he hates when his men come into his cabin and look at her.
    • He writes a letter to her each day, but one of his men told him that his wife might get annoyed with him so had told him not to send the stack all at once, so he only sent one letter out of the stack. When Ines read the letter and saw that, she thought his men is stupid since she would prefer all his letters at once.
    • When he was found on an island and saved, Carcel wrote to her that it was thanks to her prayers that God saved stupid men like him and he apologized to her. He also sent a letter to his mother out of courtesy but anyone can tell the sincerity between them is so different from the letter to Ines and the letter to his mother.

• When Carcel gets excited because of her threats to kill him, since if she wants to kill him that means she has feelings for him. Ines thinks it's weird that he gets excited when she threatens him and don't want him to cheat, but gets upset when she lets him cheat. But then she was like if he's happy with it, then it's fine.
    • He usually misunderstands her, but it's not the annoying misunderstandings. It's more like he twist the words to make them benefit in his favor. There was a time when Ines told him that all he needs to do for her is to stay this handsome. She was thinking that if he stayed that handsome, women would keep wanting him and he'll cheat easily. When he asked her if she's going to leave him if he gets ugly, she said no (but that's because she's thinking he has to be the one to leave her first as in cheating). But Carcel thought that meant she wouldn't leave him even if he's ugly so that means she'll stay with him forever since even if he turns ugly, she'll stay with him.
    • When Ines embroidered a handkerchief for him with his name but she got lazy so instead of embroidering 'Carcel Escalente de Esposa' she embroidered 'Carcel Escalante de Ines' because less letters to embroider. Carcel thought it meant that he belonged to her so he was crying and all excited over it and wanted to change his name. Even cursed out Esposa, saying being under her is better than his family. Ines didn't want to tell him that she did that only because she was lazy so she kept that to herself.
    • When Carcel "complained" to Raul that he can't turn down his wife. He was saying Ines wanted to have sex with him and he can't reject his wife so he has to take drugs to not get her pregnant. Raul didn't want to hear of his masters' sex life, also on the fact that Carcel is complaining about it with a sincere face of concern, but it was obvious he enjoys them.
    • When Jose visited their residence, Ines was calling him cute and manly. Carcel got upset and was thinking that he would rather be called cute himself. Also he was thinking Jose is like an animal, while he himself is the manly one. He kicked Jose out so he can have sex with Ines since Jose was taking away their night time.
    • When Carcel thinks Ines does like him back, he sat at the library and just stare at her. Ines looked at him after he kept calling her name 3 times and he thought she must've liked him since she looked at him when usually she ignores him. She told him to leave the library but then he started putting on a puppy face and complaining he just wanted to look at her. When she finally let him and called his name to come closer, he went to her and picked her up. She complained not that close but when he asked her to kiss him and she did, he thought to himself this is her liking him.
    • Carcel started coming home earlier and Ines gets annoyed and asked why he's home so early when the ladies already left. He started to complain that she has too many women and no time for him. And Ines said he should be the one with many women. Carcel then told her that it's her who he misses and Ines got embarrassed and told him to watch his mouth, but he ignored it.
    • When Oscar told Carcel that you shoot a dog who doesn't behave, Carcel told him that it's a good thing his wife is good at shooting. (Oscar was complaining to Carcel who hanging onto Ines.)
    • Carcel rushing to see Ines at the capital just because of her letter saying the capital is boring without him. She didn't really mean much in the letter since it was just a 4 line letter to make him feel guilty for not writing letters to her. So if she was the one to start writing the letter, she can put the blame on Carcel. Carcel thought it was a grand letter and had Raul get a professional to frame it, and rushed to the capital to see her.
    • When he came back from war with injured arm and Ines was pregnant. Ines was helping him shave while Carcel kept trying to distract her and kiss her. Ines said she has to help him since his arm is injured, but Raul who saw the couple thinks it's a silly scene since Ines also should need help since she's very late into her pregnancy.
    • When Carcel and Ines were going to have sex at an empty room in the house she was showing around to him after his return home. She then told him it's going to be her father's room and he got nervous and she said it'll probably be the kids' room first. Carcel asked why didn't she warned this horny guy earlier and she said would he have stopped if he knew. He told her that he would've gotten more excited.
    • When Carcel got letters from Ines on ship and he was showing them off to his men. He even told his men that Ines is so humble praying for his safety. He wanted to change the Navy's official motto to a line from her letters and his men worried it might really happen when he becomes an admiral someday. Even thought to himself that Carcel is disrespecting his own grandfather since the current Navy slogan was placed by his grandfather.
    • When Ines thought Carcel might like fat women so she decided to lose weight. She started to eat less and then Alondra and Carcel started to worry why she had gotten skinnier. When she looked in the mirror, she looked the same as before.
    • When Carcel gets jealous that his brother got to spoil Ines while she was pregnant. He had wanted to spoil her and make her rely on him. But then he didn't tell her his secret possessive wishes since he knows Ines would probably try to hit him if she finds out.
    • In the beginning Ines misunderstood that her husband might be a weird guy who plays games alone and worried he's a loner. Carcel would get happy she worries about him but then thinks the misunderstandings are weird since she's a loner herself. He also couldn't tell her that the reason the billiard table and chess tables were against the wall because he moved to a tiny house for her, not because he plays games with the wall.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    notcatsmith, charisa, nyxxx and 71 others like this.
  12. Sourwer.XDD

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaa!! Carcel being a fluff ball:blobnom::blobnom:. Thank you very much:bloblove:

13. Piglove

Piglove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, thank you for the spoiler ! :D
    May i ask why in the cover carcel using clothes with gold pattern in it? I thought that kind of clotes are for royals only (for crown prince and king?). But carcell is a duke's heir right? Did he become crown prince after oscar killed by angry citizen?

14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    No, didn't you read the spoilers? There was an illegitimate prince who became the next prince. Carcel doesn't even have royal blood in him. Also not sure what you meant by gold. That's his navy uniform. And no, not only royals have the epaulettes. You're thinking more of very modern day when only royals wear uniforms of that style but this novel isn't set to modern day. Can't find a similar one for Spain but this is British navy uniform.
    [​IMG]

There's no specific time period reference in the novel but it was most certainly not modern day. I think it's mostly based on very early 1900s (based on the paintings author-nim chosen for the covers and also how important the church still is) but not sure how closely she followed clothing since she does mentioned the epaulettes on the uniforms in the novel. Would also like the say that the artist for the cover doesn't always necessarily drew to what the author wrote. There was an image in volume two where Carcel was holding Ines by the waist but the artist drew his hand over her shoulder.

In terms of the family, since you seem to be confuse, Carcel is related to Oscar through the Empress, who is Duke Escalante's younger sister. So the Empress is not of royal blood. She married into the imperial family. She was from a Duke's family. In other words Carcel is thoroughly only from Duke's blood.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    fatbe, MianneChan, mrs_F and 13 others like this.
  15. Piglove

Piglove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for answering :D
    I've read the spoiler here, and as far as i understand carcel is not a royal blood and just a cousin of crown prince. That's why im confused why he is wearing gold patterns that i mistakenly think is for royal only :'D

I just found out it's called epaulettes thanks to you. I always thought golden patterns / golden epaulletes is a symbol for royal or imperial family but turns out it can be used for a normal navy uniform which is not limited to royal blood? Lol what a misunderstanding I have all this time -_- thank you for telling me :D

Haha maybe the artist have their own imagination when drawing things XD but the cover is really beautiful, the ML and FL is so gorgeous that I fell in love with the cover at the first sight lol

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    NohrNeir likes this.
  16. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did Emiliano have the medallion in the 4th life? And why Ines doesn’t have it if it’s originally hers in the 3rd life as a keepsake from her grandmother?

Sam Moriarty likes this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Emiliano's medallion was made by himself. Ines does have her real medallion given by her grandmother. She has the real one. Emiliano just made a duplicate. Ines was trying to buy the duplicate one in the store. Ines went back home to check for the one she has herself before going back to the store to try to buy the fake one. Basically there's 2 of them since one of them was fake. He just made it to hope to pay her back.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    fatbe, MianneChan, cjburaira and 11 others like this.
  18. GG26

GG26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the novel till the ch90 I think than jumped to the ending thinking “foolishly that the ending will be all happy and rainbows but through reading I was crying from the sad moments till Casel woke up from the long dream and I was like finally

19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole epilogue is their first life. You can read my spoilers of the whole novel on the first page. But it is a happy ending since he woke up from that dream and it was happy. Their first life is very sad though even though Carcel said he was happy. I rarely reread the epilogue since I don't like tragedies but there are certain parts I love about the epilogue. The part when both Ines and Carcel died. They were making their wishes for each other. It shows how much they had loved each other. And the part with the earrings. They came back from the beginning of the story. It was as Carcel said, really made for her. He gifted them to her again. It was nice when she put them on when she felt death approaching because she wanted him to see them when they meet again in death. Unfortunately they didn't get to meet after death since Oscar had life all returned in order for him to have Ines.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  20. GG26

GG26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So they where married in the first life then forgot about it and Inez got married to Oskar then die in the second life and its the same for the third life. But they don’t remember a thing in their fourth life?

swoosh likes this.