Spoiler Beneath the mask

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, May 15, 2021.

1. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    My Engagement Was Called Off Under False Accusations, but Who Ever Said My Face Was Ugly Beneath the Mask?

Beneath the Mask
    (Ugh,, the title was too long to fit in...)
    IMG_20210515_224830.jpg

• 身に覚えのない理由で婚約破棄されましたけれど、仮面の下が醜いだなんて、一体誰が言ったのかしら?
    ♢ㅤRAW LINKㅤ♢

Description [MTL]:
    Catya, the daughter of the Duke of the Mask, was told by the first prince of the country to break her engagement. And because she doesn't remember ...
    Under the mask, look frosty at the prince. There seems to be a mask for the reason, but who said that the bottom of the mask was ugly? In such a situation, the Duke of Chrome Klein, whom Katya admires as "Oni-sama," appeared. Overturn the place where he is confused by breaking his engagement. Comicalize of popular online novels!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    tasyaaaa and Rania want to QT like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m currently reading this novel with MTL, it’s a short novel with only 40 Chapters + 4 Extra Side Chapters (Completed).
    and here is some spoilers.
    Our female lead Katya is a lady of a Duchy so she is engaged to the kingdom's prince, but on their graduation ceremony the stupid prince finds a bxtch and together with his girlfriend they accuse her of bullying and attempting to kill his girlfriend because she did a courageous thing and gave testimony, and they also call her ugly because they can’t see her face. The fox says that if FL bows and asks for forgiveness she will forgive her which is BS. all the nobles are looking at the prince and his gf and criticizing them.
    ML comes and is angry at the prince. FL was not attached to the prince in slightest and is just annoyed at him, she accepts the cancelation of the engagement and explains how she couldn’t have done it with evidence and witnesses but the prince is still being a DB.
    The king and queen are very angry at the prince because they wanted this engagement very much.
    later the prince is dragged out by guards and his bxtch is caught while trying to run away.
    ML is furious with the royal family and tells them they better repay this good or else.
    after that the prince sends her a letter saying that he wants to make his gf the queen (which the king and queen dismissed strongly), and that if FL asks for forgiveness he will make her a consort.
    thus was a political engagement that benefitted and supported the prince but he was only being stupid and arrogant for thinking that and I’m not even bothering with the prince anymore because it seems that he is just a extra in the novel and both FL and ML look down on him because he is stupid and don’t even think about him when he isn’t around.
    Katya was originally born in a empire, and her parents were aristocrats who had title both on the empire she was born on and some other kingdoms and were away most of the time, so she was feeling lonely.
    her grandfather was also a important person that had many children so FL had many relatives, cousins, and family, but girls were rare in the family so she was like the only girl i think.
    She is sent to this kingdom to stay with ML who is the Duke and is her family (related to her somehow), which is why she calls her older brother.
    The reason she wears a mask is a family tradition that they have to wear mask until they start to go to school at the age of 14, for men they only have to wear a mask that hides part of their face (like the ML). but when she comes to the kingdom at the age of 12 she is engaged with the prince and the royal family had this condition that she has to keep wearing a mask until her adulthood which is at the age of 16 in the kingdom (the adulthood age is different in the kingdom and the empire). and that she can only take it off in front of family or people who she considers family (like servants in her mansion, etc.)
    idk the motive of the royal family for making her keep wearing a mask but I will spoil if I read it.
    They are family, the family tree is complicated and I didn’t really get it because MTL.
    but I doubt this is insect. I will spoil it if I did get to know how they are related.
    FL name is Katya Celestine Krom Klein and ML is 2 years older than her. He is The Duke of Chrome Klein on the kingdom and also has title in the empire. (names are MTLd).
    The ML is FL’s guardian and they are very sweet and affectionate (as family).
    FL is brocon and ML is siscon and they cherish together very much.
    I don’t have much info on them so I will spoil more about them as I read more into the story.
    Novel Raws: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7039fp/

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Eelillya, bochucha, Averyn and 14 others like this.
  4. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh this is interesting, I wonder how they will go from brocon/siscon to romantically involved :blobpopcorn:

Rania want to QT likes this.
  5. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    So how fl and ml first realize their feelings?

6. Insanereader00

Insanereader00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the official english translation for the manga and you can read it free
    comikey(dot)com/comics/beneath-the-mask-manga/51/

7. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can add more info. I's been was a while since i read this and the MTL was particularly hard on the brain.

The mask tradition of the royal family and MC family has a couple reasons. Their first purpose is to help "drain" excess magic safely. The royal family of her kingdom has so much magic that they rarely have kids and few can survive. Girls especially tend not to live to adulthood when the magic and body finally stabilize. Since MC was not only a girl but born with even more magic than normal so she was particularly feebel as a kid. So she had to regularly wear it until her coming of age.

One of the reasons they still wear masks into adulthood is help the children. Being stuck wearing a mask all alone is lonely and scary to a kid so most adults still wear a mask or partial mask most of the time. So the kid feels normal most people with royal blood wear at least a partial mask most of the time.

Another reason is the magic in the family extend the life and beautifies them. They tend to get harassed by people who fell in love at first sight. Simple solution, just cover your face and that none sense stops. One of the reasons MC was forcefully engage with stupid prince is she briefly took of her mask as a kid to enjoy the scent of flowers in the royal garden and he saw her at that moment. He then ran to his parents and threw a massive fit demanding to marry the pretty girl in the garden.

Of course their official meeting after prince's parents jumped at the idea of marrying the two used her dual heritage to force the subject he didn't recognize her due to the mask. Ans started being a royal ass hat from day one. She was surly a political schemer after the crown denying him his happiness with that pretty girl.

8. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahaa,,
    Wonder how he will react seeing her face again after years~
    I really can't imagine his reaction~
    :confusedcatblob::blobpitch::blobtorch:

Belle76 likes this.
  9. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    (once again realy brain meltingly wonky MTL memory)

He didn't know who she was at first and tried to coerce her into dancing multiple times even after he found out who she was. While being a moron he used his few braincells to think. (pity those brain cells cause he worked them hard) Apparently the reason he was so crazy for the little B is he thought she was the girl. She was from a remote territory and her family was visiting the capitol around that time, she also had similar hair and eye color. It was just a trick of the eyes that the angle he saw her had a strong sunlight that made her hair look more golden than platinum. He starts to look back and realize that little B was in fact a giant B. (and this is where his poor overworked last brain cell dies of exhaustion) Then he comes to the conclusion all he has to do is explain everything and they can be married. This of course eventually gets him a firm and surprisingly polite F U.

Eelillya, cloerofile, Boopbup and 2 others like this.
  10. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask, did the prince change his relationship with little B after realize the identity mistake? How did the prince realize the mistake and what was the reaction of little B? Thank you for all the spoilers! :)

11. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    Prince figured out his mistake by comparing B's appearance vs MC's to his memory along with all the testimony against B against MC's dignified actions in retrospect. Even realized the reason she was always so cold was she was forced into the engagement and wasn't a gold digger. Since he and B were seperated by his dad/king's order he just left it as is.

B on the other hand rose to giant dumb flying B in everyone's eyes. B still being although on the low side still an aristocrat was able to attend an event. Went around being braggy and bossy that she was the princes fiance. While everyone was essentially ignoring her while thinking no the F you not. She got dragged out when she started bugging MC not knowing who she was. But her bugging MC and everyone knowing her as the princess of the near by kingdom now promptly dragged her off. They did not want another international incident. Prince was embarrassed he ever believed in her BS.

12. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!

Malacat likes this.
  13. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    lololol deserve, but what abt ml fl moments? so far in the manga 3chs only, theyre acting alot like real brother and sis and keep talking of a "he"
    spoil pls :blobpopcorn_cool:

BellaReader likes this.
  14. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't get to far into MC and the ML getting together. Around the time the prince and his kingdom arc got over the author seemed to be happily get into the world building/politics of MC's country and it got extra brain melting and I had to take a break. I didn't get far enough in to see if their is another challenger for her or an antagonist on that side as of yet. I honestly can't imagine to much seriously happing now that idoit is out of the way. MC and ML seem to have skipped the honeymoon and were exuding were "we have been happily married 10+ years" vibes already.

Boopbup, tasyaaaa and BellaReader like this.
  15. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Soulmates are a thing in this series
    It is not the brocon but Catia's other cousin- Thane
    The guy was so obsessive ab her, to the point she doesn't know if his feelings are genuine or they are becc of their bond.
    The guy knows he scared Catie w/ his actions, at the time ha also was not aware his feelings are excessive, so he wants to give her space so he let her go to the kingdom.
    Brocon admitted that Thane's feelings are stronger, cause the bro would even wage a war if he could be together w/ MC, while Thane's supressing himself for her sake etc etc.
    Sorry for any grammar mistakes or smth, but i'm angry, this is my second time writing this, cause NUF decided to defy me and delete the first one >:0

Eelillya, its0k, cloerofile and 5 others like this.
  16. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does end up with Thane?

17. CoweyBell

CoweyBell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so who's the ml? The soulmate or the "brother"?

BellaReader likes this.
  18. KuroseRise

KuroseRise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think from the MTL of the novel ending chapter, MC become fiance of her soulmate... The brother's love still count as familial love from what I get.

Eelillya, Dobokan, sharl and 6 others like this.
  19. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he the one in the cover?

20. KuroseRise

KuroseRise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No that's Tori,
    Which MC follow to the neighboring kingdom.

Thane in MTL called Sain/ Saint / Shain
    Have purple eye and light hair I think in the manga

From what I get, MC is scared by the obsession ML shown before MC follow her brother Tori to the neighboring kingdom. That's why she wants to distance herself from ML, but whenever ML approached heavily by other females, MC irritated. So I think the fate/ Bond (I forget the name) is unbreakable.
    In the latest chapter MC accept the Bond / fate with ML and I think ML is a good one, he make MC accept her feeling by herself. While trying to surpress his obsession

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    Eelillya, its0k, cloerofile and 7 others like this.