Question Is Battle Frenzy worth picking up again?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    For context I stopped reading at the height of that tournament that they were going on about for forever. I think Blind dude and MC's snobbish pseudo-ex gf (they weren't ever really dating) were about to square off? I know for a fact its after he was revealed to be King and rejected the invitation of that one girl whose brother he beat up.

I'm wondering if the author has stopped using the method of stalling while aggravating the reader by inserting tons of fillers and intentionally having the MC underestimated/demeaned. Is there like serious action and substance to the story now? I was long tired of being frustrated with the story then waiting till the end were I get a satisfying fight/conclusion only to go through a rinse and repeat.

2. asaade

asaade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, the chinese trope continues up to the end,

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I was afraid of this, well if no one says different i guess its time for me to give up hopes on this novel.

4. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i dropped after the tourney.....
    just coz he dint want to join any faction, the bitch he had a crush on discarded him, and they all tried to kill him and fucked up all his buddies....

5. Dewux

Dewux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the manhwa and novel differ greatly when MC and Caroline met? Because I think MC just met her once in the manhwa and cant seem to get her off of his mind.

6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know the Manhwa but if its similar than you are in the first section of the novel and we are a couple hundred chapters in

7. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    you're probably better off wishing for a meteor shower to unexpectedly hit your house than to wait for battle frenzy to actually have something going on for it. the author probably mistook filler for substance. reading the author's other works though, he seems to have a penchant for useless chapters and a major supporting character betrayal and then very fu**ing long tournament arcs with no purpose other than to milk the readers like a succubus hungry for breakfast

8. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the author's work and know he's following a well practiced and thought out formula to maximize word count and then build frustration about the situation with tropes before giving a satisfying original conclusion.

Its tilting that it works and he's become so popular that his works have mangas

9. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll just end up venting when i mention his works... ugh

10. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it's decent. At least, it's a bit better than a lot of other ordinary novels. The style is continued, though he does just outright remove central points of the story. Remember his special cross-wheel weapon, that's like 75% of the mc's character? Well, it just disappears half way though the story. The novel just becomes more generic as it goes on taking out the interesting things that made it unique. It's still a decent story, but it will never be able to even contend for the spot of being able to contend with the contenders of masterpieces.

11. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbf the Author did make it seem like the cross wheel was some big thing but if we go by the MC's personality it was just him showing interest in it and everyone else making a big deal of it. It was a strategic move to bring it out cause no one besides him knew how to maximize it. I am not surprised he stopped using it as he was an all rounder in the first place.

To a certain extent you could consider the cross wheel a long term filler. The author puts more consideration into the filler arcs than the story actually having content.

It's frustrating that when he actually does get past the filler and get to actual content it's only like 10 to 20% of any given arc its hella good and with so much potential but you only get enough to whet your whistle