Spoiler The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 18, 2020.

1. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Alt name(s): Suterare Seijo no Isekai Gohantabi; Suterare Seijo no Isekai Gohantabi: Kakure Sukiru de Camping Car o Shoukan Shimashita; Suterare Seijo no Isekai Gohantabi: Kakure Sukiru de Camping Car wo Shoukan Shimashita; 捨てられ聖女の異世界ごはん旅; 捨てられ聖女の異世界ごはん旅 隠れスキルでキャンピングカーを召喚しました
    Author:
    Yoneori
    Artist:
    Kogami Nana
    Raw Link:https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1543fp/
    https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_EB03201860010000_68/
    Manga Link:https://mangadex.org/title/54696/the-forsaken-saintess-and-her-foodie-roadtrip-in-another-world
    NU Link:
    Description:
    Rin Takanashi, a caregiver in her thirties, was unceremoniously discarded as "trash" despite being summoned as a saint.

However, as a lover of the great outdoors and all things camping, she was blessed with a special skill, [Survival], as well as another unique skill! Thus, a riveting tale begins: one of sweat, tears, and insatiable hunger as Rin, together with companions she picked up along the way, leisurely explores this parallel world and savours gourmet cuisine to her heart's content...

Or so the story should have gone, but it looks like their road is going in an unexpected direction...?
    Information: MangaUpdates

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Ceilo27, Jukki, Mikaa and 5 others like this.
  2. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • MC is summoned, discarded because her "survival" skill is deemed useless
    • The other girl who was summoned with her was the 'Saintess'
    • She winds up in the great outdoors, with a camping van
    • The camping van happens to be a Tardis - it's bigger on the inside and apparently has ingredients made from Japan
    • She goes fishing, and finds a collapsed demon
    • She tries to help him regulate his temperature etc
    • He wakes up and says that he's hungry, so she decides to cook the fish (trout) she caught, and serve it up as skewers.
    • She notes that he eats thrice of what she eats lol
    • He gets food coma, and she spends the end of chapter 5 wondering about what she's going to do from now on

I skimmed through the rest of it (until chapter 10) but I think tldr she
    joined some adventuring party because they couldn't cook to save their lives. I doubt there will be any mention of the Saintess stuff in the foreseeable future of this novel.

4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the opening of this and it's another case of complete royal trash doing the summoning. The prince is all useless skill, she's in her thirties throw her out into the woods.

Makes me wish they would do these with an American getting summoned once in awhile

Prince: Throw her away
    MC: What you bastard, you abducted me, now you want to throw me into the woods? Send me home or you'll regret it
    Prince: Ha ha ha stupid peasant, there's no way back :::BANG!!!::: bits of his head spray out the back
    MC: Oops did his head explode for no reason? Why it couldn't have been little ol me? ::smoke rises from her purse:: guess next time he won't mess with a gal from Texas

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  5. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow ur version sound more fun to read ! I second this idea

Lilazeaf, Mikaa, CottonKey and 3 others like this.
  6. sakurra

sakurra Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!
    I read the manga and tought its not that interesting, i've seen almost the same opening as other manga but seeing the continuousion makes me a bit curious. Maybe this one will be more interesting than the other manga, bcs shes not an op MC.

If u have any spoiler pls tell me again~ XD

Mikaa likes this.
  7. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got any spoilers?

8. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would make far too much sense. Plus a proactive female lead? Perish the thought :blobjoy:

It would also display how much the author wouldn't know of US women aside from movies, daytime TV shows, and bad news...unless it would have a US female editor. But that would also make too much sense as well...

Ceilo27 and donaiseiyuu like this.
  9. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, I love series that start off with an older FL who gets isuikaied. These usually are a good low drama mostly fluff slice of life type. The ML is even my fav type, cool older demon guy.

Her power being a campervan is defiantly unique.

10. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone spoil about some face slapping or anything about the prince, the other japanese girl and the kingdom who throw MC away?

slice of life novel are one of the hardest novel to MTL for me lol

Ceilo27 likes this.
  11. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to read ahead and the ML gets great points right off the batt for calling out the evil actions of the prince summoning her. If she really had s*** abilities tossing her out in the middle of no where with no supplies was tantamount to murder. Plus them thinking her skills were c***. Just with the initial thoughts of limitless storage and crisis avoidance means she's be a terrifying power to help supply troops in case of war. After finding out that it can be ridden like a coach and goes extremely fast reducing a three day walk to half an evening as well as being invisible. He realizes how OP her power truly is.

so far 45 chapters in and nothing too serious. MC joined Mls group named Gluttoney and they rejoice, they now have the ultimate porter/cook/transport. It has 3 other members than the oni ML, Busty girl, disappointing elf, and other guy. Disappointing elf is disappointing due to being loud, overly friendly, and major meat lover. Totally against all images of elf.

Melita_H, Aldis, Opelia and 16 others like this.
  12. nightbutterfly

nightbutterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for spoilers :blob_plusone:

13. Malacat

Reading List:
    Link
    Read ahead close to 100 chapters, about 80% of it is her cooking. Small bits of overall plot are slowly starting to collect.

The adventure team she joined were ecstatic to have her. They are actually a pretty high powered team. The only thing holding them back was their disgust for preserved food. Since most preserved food is overly salted, dried, and or tasteless. Easting dirt would be better tasting and more filling. Their previous battles consisted running out, obliterating the target, then running back, collecting the reward and eating at a dinner. Now with her their one hang up is fixed their full power is unlocked. Each of them also have their own funny reason for sucking at cooking.

As per most isikeis MC gets a familiar. She gets it during a survey of a new dungeon that suddenly formed. It's an adorable kitten and gets a funny introduction via her danger sense. It registers as non dangerous and non edible. MC wonders why it had to point out non edible since she wasn't going to try and eat a kitten anyways.
    The MTL gets a bit wonky but it seems like it was the just born boss too be of the dungeon. Since the dungeon just formed a few days ago It's still a baby. Since the dungeon is dangerous to the town they destroyed the core defeating it and she gets to keep the kitten she tamed by feeding it meat and milk. She also accidently named while feeding it freeing it off boss status since it looked like her grandparents cat she knew growing up and called it that, its why it could survive the dungeon destruction and become a familiar.

Story wise it looks like the usual background.
    The good(evil) human country, summoned the Saintes to "purify the world". But the actual story behind the saint seems wonkey from the perspective of the evil(good) county of the demi humans. Saintes was summoned before things start to go wrong and no harm has come at all seems weird. Carefully looking at incidents weird things started happening just after the summoning.

Edit: Adding in the actual brain power of the team and the people they know is pretty high. Other than the dumbass prince everyone else seems to have good heads on their shoulders. Even when MC pulls out shocking notes that the RV can take a month long treck in less than a week they all understand pretty quickly. Its not a horse so no feeding or resting needed, it can go top speed as long as she wants it to. Also the world has a decent food culture it's just hard to cook and travel. It's not OMG she's bringing food superior Japanese food culture to the barbaric world. Just food preservation and transport are behind.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Melita_H, Opelia, kaedeyuuki and 36 others like this.
  14. Lady Mew

Lady Mew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wish it had a page so you could put it on your reading list even if it doesn't have a translator yet.

Malacat likes this.
  15. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, just found this thread while looking for information on this series.

I just wanted to ask, is there any romantic development between MC and the demon guy?

16. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know,, but–

in my opinion it will be just another story with friendship end,,
    The only romance is the food romance~ (← a rlly bad jołk)

17. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsk.

kaedeyuuki, dini46 and Mikaa like this.
  18. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers~~

19. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair I think this isekai world is not cringey at all. Heck, have you guys ever camped outside? Even for just 2-3 days, I can't bring the usual utensils and spices at home so the food I could make outside are very limited. Considering adventure party has to spend maybe weeks outside and actually fighting monster, it's no wonder they don't have the luxury of delicious food. All in all, I really enjoy the story.

I don't mind that there's no actual romance, reading a simple slice of life like this is nice too!

It seems there's no one translating the novel yet?

Melita_H, dini46, kaedeyuuki and 7 others like this.
  20. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I've decided to translate the web novel.

I'm still trying to figure out how to add a new novel though so I'll just post the link here...

Chapter 1

gautam1989, Sumoliz, Nazo400 and 4 others like this.