Request So my best friend...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coldxfire, May 19, 2021.

1. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she really said, that you are a thorn in THEIR sides? Does she include her boyfriend (or everyone else in the group chat) or does she mean only herself?

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Coldxfire likes this.
  2. Li_lin

Li_lin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A few people have already given you good advice. I do agree with Forgotten saying that it's not because she's copying that she cannot be in depression/or feel pressure.

But I would like to add something else.
    People change. It's not because you know her since childhood that this friendship will last forever and ever. She changed, and you have changed. And this will continue.

Talk to her because you have to understand what's going on. Well, if you want to, of course. And if she's willing to tell you the truth. I don't know her, and I'm not saying she will lie to you.
    What I'm saying is that things are not linear, human being is more complex than this. Think about what you want first. Be clear with yourself.

And then, the copying part. I must admit, I don't view this as a good thing. From my point of view, you're not helping her. And it feels like she's using you. Now, I can be totally wrong, because I don't know you, her, the circumstances, etc.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  3. Coldxfire

Coldxfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally didnt want to ask this on the internet when she first said it and I really think that she didn't mean to say that but when her boyfriend asked her not to say and that Im a helpless person she just said why should i take it back and why is she helpless... so i really couldn't take it and wanted to ask her what she meant by it but she just ignored it soo..... yeah....

I
    I mean she said it and I hope she didnt mean it but the others said not to tell me that so i think it means herself but idk

Yeah I want to understand what is going on but since she's not online and I am in my maternal grandparents home so I cant really go to her house and ask her.
    The copying part well I was never a fan of it either and I have never copied from anyone but in the past we always got more or less the same marks but these last few years her marks have gone down because she's well she finds it boring(I wont say more about it)... and so when she asked me if she could copy my work I felt it hard to say no.

4. Li_lin

Li_lin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... ^^'
    Dear, since you are not able to see her right now, maybe you should take this time to think a little bit about your relationship with her, ask yourself what you want, what you expect, what you could no longer tolerate and what you are able to tolerate.

No matter what people could say here, in the end, it's your decision, your choices.
    Because I could tell you I wouldn't have accepted such attitude, in the end... It's me, not you.

But saying "No" in a friendship - or any other relationship - isn't something bad. You say "No" to people also to protect them, to draw the limits, etc.

Coldxfire, Fulminata and FreakyDude like this.
  5. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    People change, faster than we ever think they could. While I understand the feeling that you want to clear things out between the two of you. You should also put a boundary on what she thinks she can say or do to you because she isn't just a stranger who doesn't know you at all, she's a friend. Friendship isn't a one sided thing. Though parting may be hard it's better than just indirectly torturing yourself by doing things you don't want like helping her with something you know that she herself had been able to do in the past instead of just telling her off because her being dependent on you is honestly worse than being that "friend that doesn't understand me" in her head. Just don't compromise on something that will make you suffer because amidst all things the heart is the most deceitful.

Coldxfire likes this.
  6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i think this is just another case that you put her where she doesn't really belongs in your mind because you still have pretty big spot to covers in the case of personal information you have on her.

My advice here just try to communicate more with her and her surrounding acquaintances to know more about her and if you perchance founds things you don't really like about her either just tolerate it or just move on.

If the case also just you're growing apart and disconnected to the point there's animosities between yourselves and her i think just let your relationship cool off for awhile until you feel she again felt like she used to before. This is quite common in the 18-25 yo phases where young peoples each has anxiety in their minds about their place amongst their peers and society overall. Cliques grow estranged, they each found different interest and along with their interest joined new groups of peoples, its a common story.

Take your time and enjoy your own life rather than worrying about her. Be it her or yourself would eventually settle down and be more amicable in the end.

Coldxfire likes this.
  7. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    from how I've seen you reply to most of the advice given, I can see that you're really unwilling to give up on your friendship with her.
    there's nothing wrong, per se, but there comes a point where you need to draw a line
    her boyfriend calling you "pitiful" is giving me warning signs about how she and her group of friends feel about you.
    I am not sure why they would think of you as pitiful, but you should know that this isn't a nice word to be described as.

additionally, you've been saying she wasn't this type of person in the past. But like some people have said already, changes occur over the years. Do you still feel that she is the friend you knew from childhood?

as for any emotional problems she might be facing, as of how things are currently, if she isn't even willing to explain how you are "a thorn to her side", I doubt you would be able to hold a proper conversation with her to find out what's wrong.

the only thing I can suggest is to let your friendship cooldown. Just because you are childhood friends with her doesn't give her the right to treat you with disrespect and show no gratitude to the help you provide her. You might want to stay away from her for a few weeks and see how things progress after that.

Coldxfire likes this.
  8. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl: I dunt have any friends so how can I give any good advice???
    But here's one
    Try to find the reason behind why's your friend acting like that, talk openly with her.... Well then if the problem doesn't get solved... Just let er gotohell

Coldxfire likes this.