Discussion Are all ABO=Non-Con?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoJo, May 19, 2021.

1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not all of them. I’ve read plenty of ABO that didn’t have rape, and I even did my best to write one too. (Well, there was rape, but not among the main characters. The main characters treated consent as super important.)

Mr. Tired likes this.
  2. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to see less dub-con and more healthy communication. Not only because it's good, but because the argument "It spices things up!" and "It's just fiction..." are old.
    And there's just SO much of it, it'd be nice to see some more communication and consent, and more clear agreements between characters. Not that there aren't any stories like that, but it's somehow easier to see more nonconsensual stories, since it's so....popular. For some reason.

I'm not really against it, people can read what they want, but I'd very much enjoy more *cough* less fetishized *cough* stories.

riririn and MoJo like this.
  3. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For novels: Novel search --> omegaverse tag -> if there's no rape tag = no rape
    For manga: mangaupdates--> omegaverse tag -> no rape tag = no rape
    You just have to know where to look, there's a decent number of vanilla ABO
    Omegaverse basically gives an excuse for the characters to be horny anytime the author wants it. In general, I see nothing wrong with dubcon in fiction as long as it doesn't try to pass for something it's not as in "a serious love story", and it's just a horny novel/manga/fic etc.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O somehow im sure that statement makes all the Indiana Jones game creators sad... then again after seeing the quality of those games they deserve the abuse...

elengee and MoJo like this.
  5. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I agree, I think I said something to that nature in my original/first post that started this thread.

And yes, the rest you said too. Truly our society is full of flaws and contradictions. I'm reminded of the He for She campaign in England that pointed out all the double standards men were subjected too that were resulting men's suicide rates being over twice that of women. Because real feminism is about equality for both women and men. .

elengee likes this.
  6. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighsss FR it’s not even just ABO even other story in bl and bg just romanticizes non con! Idc how cute or mf hot they are, do not go ontop of them!

wait but what if they’re lovers and the drunk party initiated first and keeps pestering them? Hmm sry huns limited to kisses and hugs only but if your not lovers that trust each other and are just friends or random.... GTFO

MoJo likes this.
  7. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a few good ABOs that have actual good consent (no dub-con and non-con), though I’m pretty sure the majority of ABOs are dub-con or straight up rape. There are those smut novels that make it a dub-con/rape ABO just for the sake of “good” and “exciting” sex though...

MoJo likes this.
  8. ListlessCat

ListlessCat ࿈༼The Anarchic Witch༽࿈ ⦑⤉notsoGoody Good Shoes⤈⦒

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly there is dub-con
    But few fluffy ABO stories .
    There is this one ABO novel that is only full of fluff and plants (cause MC be coming from some plant owner lineage)
    I forgot what was the title:facepalm::facepalm:
    I

MoJo likes this.