Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people who read it using mtl saying it's great novel. It's entertainment circle yuri novel.

2. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I assume it'll be good, but the summary just does not make me feel like starting it. It's also why I haven't read a few of the top scored stories on jjwxc yet cause I just read the summary and didn't feel like it attracted me enough to read it right now. I'll read it eventually, but not right now.

3. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its fine to pick that one up, its kinda hard for me to do some of them chapter

I thought I have read this but apparently I haven't
    #xwtrec
    女主,求你正经点[快穿]
    Heroine, please be serious
    QT
    Mc is tasked to get the heroine act like heroine, so the world won't collapse, but the heroine always wanted to marry her.

黑心女主爱上我[快穿]
    Black hearted heroine falls in love with me QT

重返高中当我再次遇见你
    Back to high school where I meet you
    Mc meet a poor top student her crush fl who became street food seller and is shocked, and mc rebirth to high school time and eant to protect fl.
    This one short and sweet

Interstellar abo
    人渣少将从良之路gl
    The scum major general will be on good road
    Mc transmigrated in wedding scene as major general

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  4. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Nh code
    Basically a green tea white lotus bichi tried to hypnotize a futa disciplinary student and she got the table turned against her

5. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
  6. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn bro, why did I just have to see comments about someone shipping the ML and FeMC in a GL novel even when it was clearly stated she was gay and didn't want to go through any romance with the ML? Literally bruh what the hell?

7. mooie

mooie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey ! actually, this is my translation (although currently im only a handful of chapters in) i mistakenly added it to melts' group :( i'm new to NU and this is my first translation im posting here so could anyone help me? i have no way to delete or edit the series now, it's just completely out of my hands. i really would like to get the series back lol

8. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll want to send a message to one of the staff members about that so they can manually fix it. I think people usually say to contact @Tony or post something in this thread: link.

9. mooie

mooie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you sm!! i'll do that rn

blazingseraph likes this.
  10. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
  11. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL I read to chapter 10ish and the BDSM roleplay they were doing was a bit much for me. Not sure if I want to continue after that tbh cause while I don't mind BDSM, there's still a line that can't be crossed or it'll just feel uncomfortable for me. Of course, you can take that as you will but the characters are really pretty.

12. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly I skip bdsm. I don't like bdsm. But female Characters are so hot and pretty.

blazingseraph likes this.
  13. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love the system sent me object (The end of World), I really love MC. She is so smart and strong.

Waiting for next chapter:blobpopcorn:

14. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    A maiden's unwanted heroic topic translation hasn't updated for a while. I'm kinda tempted to go read mtl but I don't know. I think the quality of reading time will fall by at least half

15. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao got me excited there, I was wondering why melts suddenly decided to translate non-historical novels. Nevertheless, I appreciate any type of translation and will probably read this one~ Good work so far, keep it up! :blobmelt:

Anyhow, just finished reading some books on kindle and I highly suggest checking out Forever Theirs by Anna Stone if you're interested in some poly yuri. It features a poly relationship between three women, a childish and irresponsible CMO (Cheif Marketing Officer, like CEO), a strict and domineering billionaire fashion designer, and a cute florist with a dark past. The plot was pretty interesting as it explored some serious topics such as abuse and gaslighting (past relationships). It's one of the better poly novels out there imo because it doesn't have the stupid love triangle bs. The novel is also a part of a BDSM series but you don't have to read the other novels to understand the plot (there's only a few cameos of characters from previous novels.) The BDSM featured is not hardcore (some light dom/sub stuff, praise kink, bondage, impact play, etc. but no roleplay, edgeplay, or anything else that could potentially be triggering.) The ending was alright, satisfactory, but I would've liked it was a bit longer and had explored the three's past/backstories a bit more. You can read this on kindle unlimited if you're interested.

Speaking of poly novels, I highly recommend Benjamin Medrano's novels, ( though I guess his novels are closer to harem than poly?) He recently came out with another series and it's pretty good. Here's a list of all his series so far (check them out!):
    *Again, these are all on kindle unlimited
    • Ancient Dreams- Elves, dryads, demons. His first work so it’s a simple fantasy. It’s about an old deity/spirit MC who wakes up after years of being trapped in a necklace and finds the world changed. Gets involved with some kind of sinster plot that involves a brainwashed goddess, an elven princess, and a whole bunch of other cool side characters.
    • Through the Fire- MC is an elf but her entire village basically gets burned down and killed by a dragon. Her “crush” also get captured by said dragon while she herself basically loses her arm and her magic core. She vows to save the girl she loves but she has to get powerful enough to do so and that’s hard when ur legit a cripple.
    • Beesong Chronicles- BEEGIRLS. Forget about cat girls, beegirls are far superior. MC used to be a bee but then becomes a beegirl because a god won a bet or something and all the bees got turned into demi-humans. Super funny, cute, and lovely. Still lots of action and is the only series of his where the MC doesn’t really end up with a harem of girls.
    • Lilith’s shadow- Sci-fi fantasy? Basically superheros and MC is the creation/daughter of a notorious supervillain. MC tries to steps out of the shadows of her creator’s past and find her own identity. Super cool alt-world building and lots of interesting female hero love interests.
    • Mantles of Power- Angels and Demons. MC is sort of a fallen angel who may or may not have accidentally landed into the arms of a demoness and then falls in love with her (along with a bunch of other demons/angels).
    • Dusk Gate- New series, but in the same universe of Through the Fire. MC is a cynical mage-elf that was imprisoned in some demon’s castle as a slave for a few centuries till some adventures accidentally free her. No development in romance yet but a few love interests on the horizon.
    • Chosen of Chaos- Haven't finished reading this one yet, his newest series, and it's an intergalactic space fantasy type of novel. MC was a usurper to the throne and accidentally conquered the entire planet or smth. Ruled for a couple of years till she got sick of it and decided to basically stage her own death. Evidently, that didn't work out as the princess who killed her comes knocking at her door again.
    Though I guess he's more of a fantasy writer than a romance writer since most of his novels are focused on plot/action than the actual romance.

On a side note, has anyone read the Dynasty Saga series by Sam Ryan? It's a historical harem GL series with a total of 4 books in the series so far. However, she hasn't updated in about 4 years now, so does anyone know what happened to her?

17. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    我这么萌你不宠吗?
    I'm so cute, don't you want to pet me?
    Mc is picked by qt system milk ball, she wants to find shit shoveller (backer lol) and she become various pet with green fur on her head. Fl is a rich and strong woman who wants to destroy the world but meet briquettes her system. Double qt.

18. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-was-ok-with-it-i-will-live-a-fake-yuri-life/

It was so sweet I went into a sugar-induced coma, died and then resurrected. It's too bad it was only 3 chapters

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...tails-so-she-wants-them-to-be-happy-together/

This oneshot is funny. I kinda imagined Cinderella acting like:
    In the chasing sequence (I don't know how to insert images into comments, so I just uploaded it)

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-to-expel-my-beloved-but-struggling-disciple/

This was very cute. There aren't enough stories like this. I'd like a serialization

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-will-become-a-bully/

I hate this story so much I gave it a 5 star rating so it's statistics increased and people would also read it and become dissatisfied with it like me.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ith-all-my-might-the-heroine-opened-my-route/

Short story. Pretty okay. It's a parody, and it plays on many stupid tropes, and it got me chuckling a few times but it felt only okay. Wasn't the best I've read, tbh.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series...sed-yuri-flags-with-the-heroine/?pg=1#myTable

It was okay. Not strong on the prose in the beginning, though the letters were written well later. The author clearly took haste with the story at the end, and the end itself was bittersweet, but I guess it was a passable story.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  19. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Bai Lijin Among The Mortal
    Yuri Couple
    B31A2A04-5DF8-435B-8B9F-AD8C3FB822DC.jpeg
    7BF4B3AF-F1A2-45EC-9B03-9FFF83D7D58E.jpeg 5B34A984-A686-443D-9912-BD5824BA2A63.jpeg
    5AA6C335-1D05-422B-9E57-4B62CD3E76AD.jpeg 8A7C8FCD-1D52-43D6-BACD-E5A55C8B69BC.jpeg CAD1C587-97A0-4C17-94D4-90F31617630F.jpeg

uwu_Nabong likes this.
  20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Author of "I favour the villainess" wrote the story from Clair-sama's side, called "she's so cheeky for a commoner" and it has bad ratings on this site.
    I didn't particularly favour (pun intended) the original story, but I don't think its retelling would be bad