LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll just cleanse it, or if he'll actually bother to investigate this time.

2. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he meant the array reverses time with space

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...

4. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    me nether it was a confusing

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    While this should definitely be enough to keep anyone else from trying their luck, I doubt it will be.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the prince turned over any of the armors before he died.

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't read the raws but I didn't find him saying anything of the sort in the first 5 chapters of the translation. Besides weren't you the one saying that there was no mention of him having hair way back when and then the translation specifically mentions him regrowing his hair when it caught up to your spoiler? So I question that interpretation of the raws.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    His solution was so naive that its difficult to fully comprehend how profoundly stupid it was.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Naive sure but not necessarily stupid. That position sounds like cancer and he's basically getting rid of it. Will it stop people from forming factions? Probably not.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't a transformation of your qi into an entirely different type of qi usually reserved for transitions between realms?

He needs to work on his math. Going from 10 li to 20 would increase his power by 4 times, not 10 ;)

I wonder why there's no mention of his sister having kids. We've skipped over several years now, and she's supposed have had her barrenness fixed. Did the two of them stop trying? Or does her husband also have a sterility problem?

So, why would this city lord go to all the trouble of slapping the empreror's face? Unless he's trying to take over the empire, there doesn't seem to be much reason to do it.
    The problem isn't that it wouldn't stop the formation of factions. Its that it would accelerate it dramatically. The emperor is already overworking himself. If he adds the responsibilities of a major department on top of the responsibilities he already has, then he'll either kill himself from exhaustion, or he'll have to delegate almost all of the work to his subordinates. Those subordinates would all be mini-head examiners so to speak, and would wind up forming their own factions among the examinees, with anyone not joining these factions being snapped up by the larger, pre-existing factions for the various courtiers.

This move is worse than pointless. It would only really make sense if the courtiers were afraid of the emperor and took this as a light warning against factionalization, but if they were afraid, then there wouldn't have been a need for the warning in the first place.

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It switches from Li to miles in there for some reason.

I disagree. The problem before was that the head examiner was a court position and all the new officials would join under him. If he delegates in this case it won't matter since none of the people he's delegating to would actually have a position in the court and thus no ability to put them in a faction. Plus with him being head examiner he can replace any of them who team up with someone in court extremely easy. Or he could create a vice head examiner position to make sure things ran the way they did before without him doing anything at all.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still not clear on why they felt they had to have their fight there of all places.

13. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was more 'why not fight there?', since for them it was a quick, cheap and easy way of increasing their reputation with (from their perspective), little to no risk.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if anyone will make the connection between the temple's arhat and the empire's legend. The temple should have, but the other powers are less certain.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Only the temple should be able to. They know his identity and should be able to figure out his sister is married to the emperor. They should also be able to figure out that he's living in the capital. Everyone else should just assume that one of the Empire's ancestors came back. It's known that forces produce legends and the legends eventually travel the world and sometimes never return. That's the most logically conclusion for outsiders to come to for both the Temple and Capital's legend.

nemery11 likes this.
  16. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened to the Empress and Princess that were living in the Shaolin Temple for protection?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems he values laziness over family. Though, even with that, it doesn't really make sense that he's not doing anything at all for Li Wan.
    I assume they're alive and well after being forgotten by the author.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he was planning to use the pendant for rebirth, then why hide it in such a way that only someone who could resist possession could find it?

19. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was intended for him to activate it remotely

jacobpaige likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, there's plenty of grade one great grandmasters, but their inheritances are quite shallow compared to him. He could easily give her a cultivation technique that was many times better than the best they had to offer, and was perfectly suited to her. Honestly, if he wanted to, he could even ensure that she became a legend.

I really don't get why he cares so little about his family while claiming that they're super important to him. Its not even consistent. The divine sense strands he left behind definitely take more effort than handing out a cultivation manual.

That aside, if traveling between the two countries takes years, then why bother to cause trouble? Even if they took over the empire, it hardly seems worth it.