Discussion Do you reread?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, May 20, 2021.

?

rereading

1. yup

69.1%
  2. nope

22.7%
  3. I didn't realise that I actually reread a novel... there was a deja vu feels

17.5%
  4. *others*

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread a lot, especially shorter novels. Looking at my all-time favourites, I probably went over 80% of them at least twice.
    I also reread a lot of my favourite mangas and replay games I already finished. There's something comforting about the familiarity of it. I guess it helps that most of them are slice of life or comedy.

HNCKrstl and Akemilly like this.
  2. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I do most of the time.

Especially manga. Because manga took longer to be translated (or scanlated, whatever you call), i tend to forget what its all about when a new chapter comes out, so i read back from chapter 1, though i will mostly be skimping just to remember the storyline.

Novels, rarely, unless i like the story really much.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    HNCKrstl and Akemilly like this.
  3. Pau

Pau Useless Hamster

Reading List:
    Link
    Only few in rare occasions, like when I've stockpiled chapters but forgot the story.

Grey_Angel likes this.
  4. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely find new things that I have the enthusiasm to start, along with my memory of a goldfish, rereading brings comfort

Akemilly likes this.
  5. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Rereading is something that I usually never do... usually, I just feel cringed-out when rereading something, especially if it was a weak-to-strong protagonist novel... I can't stand the weakness... :blobcurse:

xD

6. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to reread when I feel like I've missed something because why eyes tends to skim the text too fast and miss some parts and when I reread stuff I feel like I'm able to understand part of the text more esp the prose of the characters because I know what happens in the future.

Akemilly likes this.
  7. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not in general, but there are ones I keep rereading like Tower of God, it's an obsession I don't even understand, and Agatha Christie's Endless Night.
    No, now that I think about it, I do reread things a lot, but mostly fanfictions, the ones I tend to reread are comedy for a quick entertainment and ones whose writing styles are particularly memorable

Akemilly and SylviaViolet like this.
  8. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really reread. I know I won't be able to feel the thrill I felt the first time I've read it. However, there are exceptions ksksk.

Akemilly likes this.
  9. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually real big on rereading. If I like something, I just end up re-reading/watching it a lot of times. Even while browsing for new novels to read, I feel tempted to read my favorites again and I have to force myself to look away from them.

Akemilly likes this.
  10. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread because I feel like reading this kind of thing but I can't find any worthwhile new stuff with this kind uwu.

11. nyamachi

nyamachi [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    I re-read~ most of the novels are fluffy and cute though! Heartwarming or mofumofu stuff to heal me

12. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread books all the time. Back in the day I'd regularly reread entire novels all the time. Nowadays I read much longer books, often in the 2-4 million word range and it'd take 3-4 weeks to finish them so that isn't practical any more. So what I do instead is reread passages or scenes or occasionally entire story arcs.

What I reread for has changed quite a bit as well. Back then it used to be for the plot, the cool ideas, and sometimes the interesting character moments. And now? I still love the character moments, but I'm more interested in things like the beauty of the writing and the word play between characters and the bits that spark the imagination. Not a whole lot of books have this kind of stuff so I tend to gravitate to the same books over and over again.

Nimroth, SylviaViolet and Akemilly like this.
  13. Akemilly

Akemilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes. I don't really enjoy rereading, but I do reread some stories after some years have passed.
    When it's about webnovels or anything I read on phone, it's usually a no go for rereading, because the translation takes a lot o time so most of the stories I read are still being updated, or I have finished them recently. Well... if they are being retranslated I tend to read from the start (only if it doesn't have many chapters).
    When it's about physical books I reread them sometimes if I have free time and there's nothing I'm reading at the moment. One that I remember rereading at least 3 times was the "Lunar Chronicles", it's one of my favorites.
    Anyway... in the end I don't reread that much. It's because I find it a waste, since i can use the time to read something new... it's also partly because I'm a really lazy person with a good memory lol

14. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually want to reread! :aww: But unfortunately, when I do everything ends up feeling like deja vu cause I already read them before, and I completely lose to drive to reread. :blob_teary:

This happens a lot when I leave a novel/manga and wait for them to pile up or finish before reading it again. My brain is in a state of forgetting most of the details so I need to reread from the start, but when I do reread it, I just remember everything which makes it less enjoyable and I lose the will to read again and again. :blob_teary: In the end, said novel/manga never gets finished.

15. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    S
    Sometimes the latest, and sometimes from the first chapter

16. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rarely, but yes.
    Most of the novels that I reread are those who have a huge impact to my life, one of them is SCOG and TOTCF.

17. ciana

ciana lazy glutton |⚓|

Reading List:
    Link
    yaaaa! especially if i feel super bored and don't have anything to read, and I'm too lazy to hunt for good novels. i reread novels that were very interesting. often, i reread the whole novel. sometimes though i reread just from the first chapter to halfway then stop rereading (cuz i feel bored), or sometimes i just reread some very memorable and interesting scenes/arc from the novel.

18. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I tend to move on after reading something. But there are some rare occasions when I may do it, like when I want to revisit certain emotions invoked by a certain scene, or to find some parts or lines I like.

Sometimes when I reread something, I end up discovering some details I didn't notice before, which create a different impression and may change my opinion of the story, be it better or worse.

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really reread whole stories all that often, although it do happen once in a while for certain stories I love.
    More often though I might reread parts of a story I like, often important character moments that I found memorable.

aintg likes this.
  20. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope I dont reread at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.