Question Legend of The Dragon King!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Faruk025, May 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok! Now lets talk about one of the most mix reviewed novel on this site.Just finished reading soul land 2 (Finised soul land 1 last week)And now wanting more.I loved soul land 2 btw.But....i dont know a thing about soul land 3 and the name is more badass then any other novels i have read so far,i mean "Legend" and "dragon king" parts are very cool(i think)So i want to ask...Is soul land 3 any good? Is it worth the time i am gonna invest in it?i want you gys to give me your opinion,who have experienced soul land series.

Sorry for bad English.

2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    just like 2, which copies 1. the story is a futuristic repeat of the previous.

3. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it good?? Or is it bad? Nothing new?

4. suza751

suza751 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read Douluo Dalu 2.5? I suggest you read that first. It follows the rebellion in the God Realm, which sets up for the events of DD3. Essentially Tang San as the Sea God Asura has 2 super divine tools + high cultivation. Upon The Godking of Wickedness and Goodness leaving, they put Tang San as the head of the God Realm Council. That does not bode well with the Godking of Destruction.
    Douluo 3 will follow Tang Wulin, son of Tang San, in his reluctant exile to Douluo. He needs to navigate the world practically orphaned, and besieged by the residual energy of the Golden Dragon King. Imo DD3 had the best antagonist of any of the series. Its no spoiler, the Female Lead is the antagonist all along but only her allies and the reader are aware. The rest of the cast are in the dark until very late in the story.
    DD3 fleshes out and adds quite alot to the series. Douluo Dalu 4 also continues Tang Wulin's story, just without him as the focus. I believe Wulin and his FL will be protaganists in DD4.5 actually.

5. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are u talking about legend of the gods realms? If i read it then i will not get any spoiler on soul land 3??

6. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it's something that could have been really good, but got ruined by author heavily milking the story and having that Tang San's narcissism. It would have been better with some 500 chapters less of the filler. Chapters feel watered down. Though, Tang Wulin felt a better MC than Huo Yuhao tbh, his sheer effort stands out in the novel.

Overall, DD3 was a mixed bag. If you read it, you probably would want to read DD4 for the closure. DD4 was even more of a mixed bag. If DD3 had some suspense in how things end, DD4 was very predictable. Oh btw, DD4 also trashes some of the things happening in DD3 with God Realm and just throws them out of the window. It does the same with some of the Dragon God related stuff, including the Dragon God Blade from DD3.

Also, author found a way to put his usual routine he does in every novel (not just DD series) of MC-FL pair long-separation/tragedy with FL/ screwing over the MC/glorifying Tang San, into DD4 as well. It feels ridiculous and becomes annoying after a while. There were readers complaining about what he did to TWL and GY in DD4. Also, just in case, there is gonna be a DD5(?) if that's what it's called, with the Tang San and Xiao Wu leads set after DD4.

I've read almost all of TJSS works, just finished DD4 just for the DD series closure, and I don't think I would be reading a TJSS work ever again.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Suijin likes this.
  7. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiest of all i didn’t read Against the gods just because female mc tragedy or long separations.Despite my friends all saying i shoul read it. And yeah after reading Heavenly Jewel change and soul land 1 and 2 i am sure Author allways want to put tang san above everyone else (including MC of the respective series) which i Don't like.So i Don't think i am gonna read His work anytime future.But hey your tast kinda similer to mine,can u tell me,is there a good cultivation novel without FL tragedy problem(i Don't mind having it) but i want MC to be badass and get the girl with his power very early(not Like bth or soul land or spirit sword sovereign)So if there is a novel which fits the criteria....please tell me.

8. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Long Live Summons and Little Tyrant Doesn’t Want to Meet with a Bad End.

9. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tnx! I want to read long live summons. I hope its good(but release frequency is 10.1 days though)

10. RiverNight

RiverNight New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At what chapter did Gu Yue and Na'er fuses?