Spoiler The Girl and the Beast/She and The Beast/The Lady and the Beast

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Atm1012

Atm1012 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the update :D, although the past is kinda fresh air i am still dying to know what happens in the present xD.

Evilnature and user151 like this.
  2. user151

user151 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. We were left with the cliff hanger "I was Martina". And I wanted to know how their relationship turned sour in book 5. I suspect it has something to do with Theorode thinking that Astina is using him as a substitute for Theodore

Atm1012 likes this.
  3. Evilnature

Evilnature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha same, but I'm a bit confused, Martina and Theodore seem to have solved their predicament here so what with the betrayal she mentioned later on?

[-so please don't hate me. I only did what he told me to do because he asked me to help him. I'm telling you the truth. I also told your Highness that I don't think this is right. It didn't seem like we had a connection.

While I was worried, I am now relieved that you two made up. It was thank to such relief that I was able to go back to Melanie's estate at ease.

If you forgive me, the distance between the two estate is not that great, so I want to visit often. Can I write to you again? ]

A letter arrived to Martina shortly after she arrived at her territory. It was from Lady Charlotte. Seeing that her address was stamped on Melanie's estate, she had already left the capital. It was more of an explanation than a letter, as she was making a desperate confession of the circumstances.

Even if she was angry with Theodore, she did not blame Lady Charlotte. Who can refuse the king's request? However, it was true that her negative emotions rushes back whenever she thought of the conversation she had with Lady Charlotte.

'Wow, that's really hard...….’

Somehow when she murmured that phrase, something similar to embarrassment sparked in her eyes. At that time, Martina only thought Lady Charlotte admired her as a person who had no blood or tears. She herself thought it was a curse, but the other’s judgment is obviously different. He seemed to think that Martina would react if she had to face someone like Lady Charlotte.

Theodore's wrong choice caused many people to suffer. Martina ended the incident by writing down a few words of tenderness to reassure her. Since then, letters have often been sent to lady Charlotte.

He was constantly busy during the winter. The capital did not completely neglect the work of the territory, but there were a lot of documents piled up because of the distance. Due to the long absence of the owner, there was no structure built up, so it took a long time to adjust things to fit the way she works.

Martina felt a little guilty because she seemed to have left her post unattended, hiding from her duty in the capital. As she was working on the foundation, she gradually thought of future plans. As Theodore said, if he really abandons the throne, it would not be bad to come down here together later on. Theodore was a man with good experience and can help her manage the estate. It would be quite a pleasure to stay in the same office.

Lady Charlotte wasn't the only one who was constantly sending letters to Martina. Elsier has often wrote us about fun things that happened at the palace. However, Martina could roughly guess what Elsier's letter had written before it even arrived. This is because Theodore was always one step ahead of him.

[A noble lady came to see me tonight to accompany me for the night. Actually, I thought she was a ghost at first. Because I saw a woman with long hair suddenly popped out of the bedroom.

I'm telling you this in case you misunderstand, the Duke of Skyra will surely make a commotion about this later. Of course I let the princess know that you've already owned my bottom half. The good news is that the Duke of Skyra is now searching for another marriage arrangement, although I don't know if he really understand my intention or he just trying to stall.

It would be a little difficult if the rumor spread that his daughter was hiding in the king's bedroom.

All you have to do is come back. I don't know why time doesn't go by faster.]

It was surprising that the Duke of Skylar had this kind of plan. Or was it the lady’s plan? What is the difference between Lady Charlotte, who was faking the relationship, and a noble lady act without shame and hide in the bedroom of a man who already belongs to another? Such shameless behaviour can only come from greed.

Out of worry, Theodore would send her a long letter, writing down everything that happened, to what she felt was too detailed. It wasn't annoying. When she was holding his letter, it felt good as she imagine his voice coming from the letter

[Why isn't there anything interestin in the palace?

Every day is boring. It was cold, so I made a bonfire today and baked some fruits. I used to cook this a lot when I stayed at Melanie's camp. The guards were scared. I'm not sure if it's because they've never seen you bake fruit before or if it's because I made a hole in the palace garden. Have you ever tried something like this?

I think I know a lot about you, but I keep wondering about you. I can't get rid of all the little questions. I wish I were that kind of person to you, too.

Do you think of me there, too? ]

Martina kissed briefly on the paper, of course she does.

When spring came, I can’t stand it. As the frozen mountain has melted and the road become easier to navigate. Elsier also came to visit. It was regrettable that Theodore could not come, but it was also good to have Elsier. Martina came out of the castle to meet Elsier. Elsier, who found her, ran out of the carriage smiling brightly.

The face that she hasn’t seen in a long time was still the same. Martina greeted cheerfully.

"You look better. It's nice living without your boss, huh?

Elsier quickly crumpled at the words. He said, stopping in place.

"Don’t even joke because the successor to the Marquis doesn’t tolerate laziness...….”

She wondered if he was comfortable these days because he had a good expression on his face, but was that expression comes from the joy of running away from work? Martina approached him and patted him on the back as if to comfort him. Then she led him inside. Elsier's appeal, which opened once, seemed to never end.

"I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if you went to the estate, but it was.”

"Now you know how precious I am, don't you?”

"Sir Milton cries a lot, saying he should have treated the Marquis better."

It felt pretty good to have people missing her. Martina burst out laughing.

"Without the Marquis, the king has become very dirty these days. Come back soon."

Elsier was in a good mood. If Elsier had known Martina's schedule throughout the winter, he would have been very envious.

"As expected, people only know how precious something is when they lose it."

Martina, who was mumbling as if falling into a trance, soon fell quiet. Because the old proverb reminded her of bad memories altogether. Martina remembers the nightmare of Theodore together with Lady Charlotte

"Do you two see each other often?"

"We exchange letter. He’s too busy to see you."

"There's a crash on one side of the palace. I'm very busy calling in construction workers to discipline them."

"Is anyone hurt?"

"Fortunately, if there was a scar on the his body, the construction manager's neck would have been blown away. A lot of people were demoted, so I'm busy moving."

Elsier put out his tongue as if he had a headache. Martina thought it was a relief that it happened when she was not confident.

"But you managed to get here in the middle of your busy schedule.”

"It's not much to mention, but I almost lost my vacation a month ago. I said I'd write my resignation letter if they didn't let me rest, and they sent me crying."

Elsier is a rebellious child that can blackmail for a living. There would have been no way to stop the vacation that he requested in advance.

Elsier clapped his hands as if he were doing well.

"I'm glad you're doing well anyway. As I said before, the king has become quite irritated these days, so I wondered if you two had another fight. It'll embarrass me if the Marquis has something to be angry about."

"What is this?"

Elsier took a note out of his arms. When he said he was going to Martina's estate, Theodore left it to him.

Martina took it with a curious look. She’s sure she got a letter from him a few days ago, what's this then? Recently, She was a little scared to hear that Theodore was in a bad mood. Martina opened the folded paper with a worried look on her face, and then laughed.

[I think I'm the only one who writes letters often. Are you bothered by me, too? I wanted to get a reply quickly, so I sent one every other day, and a lot of people become upset.]

It was a letter of affection as usual.

Such words of affection can't be annoying. She was busy, so she sent replies more scarcely, still, Theodore gave full answers to the questions asked.

[I can't sleep well these days, I guess it's because I miss you]

Martina's face sports a light smile when she saw the last sentence. Elsier asked her what it was about, but Martina didn't answer him, telling him not to meddle in other people's love affairs. Those were the things she wanted to keep to herself. As soon as Elsier left, Martina replied to Theodore with a pledge to contact him often in the future.

And no reply came back. The letter was cut off by it.

4. user151

user151 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it because he forced her to kill him as he doesn't want to live on as a beast?

5. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi so I had a long day and couldnt edit, will doo later

6. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi sorry Im so exhausted cant edit but here is some raw
    C18P9
    After losing contact with Theodore for a month, Martina couldn't help but feel strange. At first, she wondered if he was annoyed with Martina's relatively rare reply, but even for that, the absence of communication was too long.

What's wrong with you?’

Suddenly, Martina shook her head with anxiety that brushed her chest. Theodore was an unthinkable man. Considering that Lady Charlotte even played a strange play, it is not strange no matter where she stands out.

Martina decided to go to the capital without difficulty because she had just finished organizing her busy work. It may be hard to make a full comeback, but it will be enough to stay in the capital for a few days and spend time with him. If Theodore was busy and didn't show his face, he could go up.

After a different leisurely journey to the land, Martina arrived in the capital. Since he was not a man who worked in the palace as before, he could not go to meet Theodore without any procedures. Martina stayed at the mansion on the first day and expressed her intention to visit the palace. However, like the letter that never returned, the permission to visit was rarely granted. Elsier was on his way down to Fidelio for a vacation, so he could not seek help.

Although it could have been seen as a little disrespectful, Martina eventually decided to go straight to Theodore. Martina also had a long time as a capital aristocrat, so entering the palace itself was not impossible. It may take some discord to open Theodore's door.

Martina passed through the gate under the pretext of leaving things where she had worked before. The entrance was so easy that I thought I had put it off. It felt new to come to the palace after a long time. Martina looked around slowly. Perhaps because of the recent problems, the atmosphere of the palace was not good. I could even feel the gloom from the faces of the depressed people. Martina walked naturally so that she wouldn't be seen.

Fortunately, no one stopped her. She reached the palace where Theodore stayed without any interruption. Guards guarding Theodore's room opened their eyes surprised to find Martina.

"Mister Marquis? How can I...….”

"I'm here to see you. Are you inside?"

The guards exchanged glances at Martina's words. Sir Hazel, who was at the forefront, walked out in a deep breath.

"He, Marquis...….”

"What's wrong? Is your highness with a woman?"

It was a joke, but no one answered. Sir Hazel shook his head as if it were nonsense, but he could hardly answer the reason. In an unusual response, Martina quickly noticed something strange.

Martina's expression hardened. She raised her eyebrows and asked.

"Really?"

"No! No way. But I don't know how to tell you...….”

"Get out of the way."

"Marquis, it's not like that!"

Martina forced herself into the gap.

You couldn't reach her because of her change of heart? It's been less than half a year since you said you couldn't live without me.

Martina opened the door with a confused mind. It was unusually dark in the room. The gloomy energy that I felt after entering the palace spread from here.

Martina found a sign near the bed and approached it. Then he soon faltered to a halt.

Theodore was lying on the bed. I couldn't tell if he was asleep or just closing his eyes. His cheeks were thin and his lips were dry. The lifeless figure was not like Theodore she knew. I almost mistook him for someone else.

Martina came close and put her hand on Theodore's forehead. I felt like a ball of fire. Theodore managed to breathe out a light breath. Then his eyes opened, but he didn't recognize her. My eyes were murky. Martina looked at Theodore's face and called him rambling.

"Theo, it's me. I'm here...….”

Theodore's lips opened. His voice seemed to be faintly heard, but he was too small to know what he was saying. Martina took the ear to Theodore's mouth. He managed to break off his joints and say.

"My heart is beating so fast, it's painful."

Theodore gasped. It didn't seem like he knew Martina was in front of him. Rather, it resembled the child's whining.

Lord Hazel, who followed, gave a deep sigh. He lowered his voice and carefully dragged Martina's arm.

"…...Marquis, take a moment back...…. I'll go out and explain."

However, Martina did not move, standing in place. I couldn't understand English. Martina barely turned her head and looked at Lord Hazel. Sir Hazel had a look on his face that he had come.

She asked blankly.

"......what's wrong with you?”

I wanted to hear an answer, but I didn't want to hear it at the same time. Lord Hazel called Martina again in front of Theodore to see if he had any intention of telling stories.

"Come on out, it's been a while since you've fallen asleep."

That's a comfortable sleep?

I thought it didn't fit the situation at all, but this time, Sir Hazel's attitude was also stubborn. Martina could not take her eyes off Theodore's face, but was gently drawn out by Sir Hazel. There was nothing else I could do.

Sir Hazel took Martina to a distant hallway. Not knowing where to start, he gave a long sigh first. He then struggled to open the door.

"Your Highness told me not to let the Marquis know what happened. I don't want to worry you, you said you'll get better soon.…. I didn't think it would ever happen to us.”

Lord Hazel rubbed around his eyes as if he were tired. Martina couldn't tell what the hell he was talking about. Why did the healthy king suddenly lie down?

Martina, who belatedly came to her senses, asked back in an urgent manner.

"Well, what the hell do you mean? What the hell is wrong with you? What's wrong with you? Seeing that a person is nearby, it doesn't seem to be an epidemic, so I hope it will get better soon, right?”

"It's not a disease. The reason I couldn't stop you from entering the room is because the Marquis is from Areta, so I think he knows how to...….”

"What do you mean, you're from Areta?"

"Waldor, the rancor of the man who will tear him to death has reached our king."

Lord Hazel gritted his teeth as if he were angry. Sir Hazel sometimes distorted his face and told all the stories he knew. The argument was that Waldo had been cursed with blood when he was trying to destroy the Leta Gypsies, and that he knew their existence belatedly only after symptoms appeared to the king.

"Does the Marquis know anything? Isn't the Marquis from Letta Gypsy?”

Martina hurriedly recalled her memory. There was one being a sorcerer in each group, but it was more like an honorary position for the oldest. Martina's pack sorcerer used to give advice to people with her wisdom. Naturally, the qualification did not include the ability to curse people. Rumor has it that such power exists, but in a peaceful life, it only touched the temperature of a ghost.

Martina replied, shaking her head hurriedly.

"No way..." No way. That can't be true. There's no way that power really exists. Our herd sorcerer never got the right answer even to the fortune telling in the new year.”

Hazel's expression darkened by Martina's reaction. Hope was fading eyes. He spoke in a resigned tone.

"…...Marquis, this is real power."

"It's probably a disease. The court can't diagnose it properly, so it's a spell."

"The Marquis, after Waldo's death, the king who had been in a separate palace died shortly after...… do you remember?"

Martina shut her mouth. Why are you bringing it up all of a sudden?

After Waldo's death, King Tae's disposition, which naturally sided with him, was also put on the cutting board. Most of the meritorious retainers who shared the will with Theodore said that King Tae should also be exterminated. However, Theodore finished the work by locking him in a separate palace. Some told Theodore that the love of the rich still lingered, but shortly afterwards the opinion lost public confidence. King Tae's sad news is known.

The condition of the body was so harsh that it could not be thought of as suicide. Thanks to this, there was a rumor that someone might have brought in a fierce animal. It was impossible to bring such a powerful beast into the palace, so most thought it had happened with the king's approval.

"We were so cruel that we shushed that it was the king's revenge, but...… it wasn't really like that. Your Grace was innocent.”

"The curse was the death of the king. Do you mean?"

"I guess so."

"So far? Why have you been fine so far?"

"We don't know."

Martina's face turned pale. Sir Hazel wasn't joking around. Martina barely accepted the reality she wanted to deny. From that point on, my body began to tremble terribly.

Martina asked back urgently.

"So, what the hell is that damn curse?"

"I don't know."

"……what?"

"When, how, who is the magic that responds to, and what else can be solved. No one knows. All of Waldo's close associates are dead.”

I can't believe you don't know how to do that. King Tae was torn to death. No, I couldn't tell where the flesh was attached to between the arms and legs, so the condition was worse than that.

You think Theodore might end up like that?

Did he blame himself for not getting a letter from the estate when he was so sick?

There was no sense of reality. Martina barely wrapped her trembling hands. He weighed down his twitching right hand, but his other arm looked the same, so it didn't work much.

Martina found out that Lord Hazel had violated Theodore's order and had informed her of the incident. There was one other reason besides that she was from Letta Gypsy. Martina opened her fly lips and asked.

"……Am I the only one who's ever seen Waldo closely?”

Lord Hazel nodded. However, Waldo's winning point was as unpredictable as the power of Letta Gypsy.

It was strange. Apart from his vicious personality, Waldo's daily life was not much different from others. Martina often spent the night with Waldo, but she had never felt her body was running a fever. This means that he didn't feel any hint.

If he was destined to die anyway by Letta's curse, why would Martina claim to be humiliated sleeping with Waldo?

I couldn't think of anything. But she had the key to saving Theodore. My head is turning white. There was no one to ask others. It was none other than Martina's sword that beheaded all of Waldo's close aides.

"I'm...I'm...….”

Martina's expression was unusual. If we leave it like this, we may have two patients. Finally, Lord Hazel sighed lightly.

"I'm sure you haven't recovered from your fatigue, so go in and rest. If there's anything that comes to mind, feel free to come and see me."

7. Isatoni

Isatoni Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Is it because she was not sleeping with him for 6 months?? Perhaps they must maintain regular relations for the curse be inactive!

wasabisazzdafirst and Evilnature like this.
  8. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    After losing contact with Theodore for a month, Martina couldn't help but feel strange. At first, she wondered if he was annoyed with Martina's relatively rare reply, but even for that, the absence of communication was too long.

What's wrong with you?’

Suddenly, Martina shook her head as anxiety was filling her chest. Theodore was a man full with surprise. Considering that Lady Charlotte even went along with his facade, it is not strange for him to be planning something surprising again.

Martina quickly decided to go to the capital as she had just finished organizing her work. It may be hard to finish them completely, but it will be enough to stay in the capital for a few days and spend time with him. If Theodore was busy and couldn’t come to her, she will go to him.

After another long journey, Martina arrived in the capital. Since she was no longer an official, she could not go to meet Theodore without any procedures. Martina stayed at the mansion on the first day and request to visit the palace. However, like the letter that never returned, the permission to visit was not granted. Elsier was on his way down to Fidelio for a vacation, so she could not seek him for help.

Although it could have been seen as a little disrespectful, Martina eventually decided to go straight to Theodore. Martina also had a long time reputation as a capital aristocrat, so entering the palace itself was not impossible. It may take some dispute to open Theodore's door.

Martina passed through the gate saying she left something in the office. Entering was so easy that she thought it was more of a joke. It felt weird to come to the palace after a long time. Martina looked around slowly. Perhaps because of the recent problems, the atmosphere of the palace was tense. She could even feel the gloom from the faces of the depressed people. Martina walked naturally so that she wouldn't be seen.

Fortunately, no one stopped her. She reached the palace where Theodore stayed without any interruption. The guards in front of Theodore's room opened their eyes wide, surprised to find Martina.

" Marquis? How can I...….”

"I'm here to see him. Is he inside?"

The guards exchanged glances at Martina's words. Sir Hazel, who was at the forefront, walked out and took a deep breath.

"He, Marquis...….”

"What's wrong? Is his highness with a woman?"

It was a joke, but no one answered. Sir Hazel shook his head as if it were nonsense, but he could hardly give the reason. In an unusual response, Martina quickly noticed something strange.

Martina's expression hardened. She raised her eyebrows and asked.

"Really?"

"No! No way. But I don't know how to tell you...….”

"Get out of the way."

"Marquis, it's not like that!"

Martina forced herself into the gap behind him.

He didn’t reply to her letters because he had a change of heart? It's been less than half a year since he said he couldn’t live without Martina.

Martina opened the door with a confused mind. It was unusually dark in the room. The gloomy energy that she felt after entering the palace spread from here.

Martina found shadow near the bed and approached it. Then she soon faltered to a halt.

Theodore was lying on the bed. Martina couldn't tell if he was asleep or just closing his eyes. His cheeks were thin and his lips were dry. The lifeless figure was not like the Theodore she knew. She almost mistook him for someone else.

Martina came close and put her hand on Theodore's forehead. Iy felt like a ball of fire. Theodore managed to breathe out a light breath. Then his eyes opened, but he didn't recognize her. His eyes were murky. Martina looked at Theodore's face and stopped him rambling.

"Theo, it's me. I'm here...….”

Theodore's lips opened. Something faint comes out, but it was too small to know what he was saying. Martina get her ears nearer to Theodore's mouth. He managed to break off his joints and say.

"My heart is beating so fast, it's painful."

Theodore gasped. It didn't seem like he recognize Martina was in front of him. Rather, it resembled the child's whining.

Lord Hazel, who followed, gave a deep sigh. He lowered his voice and carefully dragged Martina's arm.

"…...Marquis, get back for a moment...…. I'll explain."

However, Martina did not move, standing in place. She couldn't understand any words. Martina barely turned her head and looked at Lord Hazel. Sir Hazel had a knowing look.

She asked blankly.

"......what's wrong with him?”

SheI wanted to hear an answer, but she didn't want to hear it at the same time. Lord Hazel called Martina again in front of Theodore to see if he had any intention of telling her the stories.

"Come on out, it's been a while since he’s fallen asleep."

Can that be called falling sleep

Martina thought it didn't fit the situation at all, but this time, Sir Hazel's attitude was also stubborn. Martina could not take her eyes off Theodore's face, but was gently drawn out by Sir Hazel. There was nothing else she could do.

Sir Hazel took Martina to a distant hallway. Not knowing where to start, he gave a long sigh first. He then struggled to open the door.

"Your Highness told me not to let the Marquis know what happened. He doesnt want to worry you, he said he'll get better soon.…. I didn't think such a thing would ever happen to him.”

Lord Hazel rubbed around his eyes as if he were tired. Martina couldn't tell what the hell he was talking about. Why did the healthy king suddenly bed ridden?

Martina, who belatedly came to her senses, asked back in an urgent manner.

"Well, what the hell do you mean? What the hell is wrong with him? What's wrong with you? Seeing that other people are nearby, it doesn't seem to be an epidemic, so I’m sure he will get better soon, right?”

"It's not a contagious disease. The reason I didn’t stop you from entering the room is because the Marquis is from Areta, so I think you knows how to...….”

"What do you mean, because I’m from Areta?"

"The disease that teared up Waldo has reached our king."

Lord Hazel gritted his teeth as if he were angry. Sir Hazel distorted his face and explained all he knew. The myth was that Waldo had been cursed with Leta blood when he was trying to destroy the Leta Gypsies, and that he knew of the curse only when the symptoms start showing.

"Does the Marquis know anything about it? Isn't the Marquis from Letta Gypsy?”

Martina hurriedly recalled her memory. There was only one sorcerer in each tribe, but it was more like an honorary position for the eldest member. The sorcerer in Martina tribe used to give advice to other member with her wisdom. Naturally, her wisdom did not include the ability to curse people. Rumor has it that such power exists, but in a peaceful world, it’s nothing more than a myth.

Martina replied, shaking her head hurriedly.

"No way..." No way. That can't be true. There's no way that power really exists. Her tribe sorcerer never got a right fortune telling in the new year.”

Hazel's expression darkened by Martina's reaction. Hope was fading from his eyes. He spoke in a resigned tone.

"…...Marquis, the curse is real."

"It's probably a disease. The court can't diagnose it properly, so they say it's a spell."

The Marquis, after Waldo's death, the old king who had been quarantined in a separate palace died shortly after...… do you remember?"

Martina shut her mouth. Why is he bringing it up all of a sudden?

After Waldo's death, The previous king, who supported him, was also dying. Most of the meritorious retainers who supported Theodore said that the old king should also be exterminated. However, Theodore only locked in a separate palace. Some told Theodore that his will to live still lingered, but shortly afterwards the Waldo lost his throne and his life, the previous King also passed.

His corpse was ruined so much that it could not be thought of as suicide. Thanks to this, there was a rumor that someone might have brought in a fierce animal to attack him. It was impossible to bring such a powerful beast into the palace, so most thought it had happened with the current king's approval.

"We were so cruel that we covered it as the king's revenge, but...… it wasn't really like that. His Grace was innocent.”

"The curse cause the death of the king. Is that what you mean?"

"I guess so."

"But why now? Why has he been fine so far?"

"We don't know."

Martina's face turned pale. Sir Hazel wasn't joking around. Martina barely accepted the reality she wanted to deny. From that point on, her body began to tremble terribly.

Martina asked back urgently.

"So, what the hell is that damn curse?"

"I don't know."

"……what?"

"When, how, whose is the magic, and what else can be done to lift it. No one knows. All of Waldo's close associates are dead.”

She can't believe they don’t know anything. King Tae was torn to death. No, they couldn't tell where the flesh was attached to between the arms and legs, so the condition was worse than that.

So Theodore might end up like that?

Why did she blame him for not sending a letter to the estate when he was so sick?

There was no sense of reality. Martina can barely control her trembling hands. She weighed down her twitching right hand, but her other arm was also trembling, so it didn't work much.

Martina found out that Lord Hazel had violated Theodore's order when he informed her of the incident. There was one other reason besides that she was from Letta Gypsy. Martina opened her ftrembling lips and asked.

"……Am I the only one who's ever been with Waldo so closely?”

Lord Hazel nodded. However, Waldo's winning point was as unpredictable as the power of Letta Gypsy.

It was strange. Apart from his vicious personality, Waldo's daily life was not much different from others. Martina often spent the night with Waldo, but she had never felt his body was running a fever. This means that he didn't suffer from the curse.

If he was destined to die anyway by Letta's curse, why would he try to humiliate Martina by forcing her?

Martina couldn't think of anything. But he had the key to saving Theodore. Her face turns white. There was no one to ask others. It was none other than Martina's sword that beheaded all of Waldo's close aides.

"I'm...I'm...….”

Martina's expression was unusual. If they leave it like this, they may have two patients. Finally, Lord Hazel sighed lightly.

"I'm sure you haven't recovered from your fatigue, so go in and rest. If there's anything that comes to mind, feel free to come and see me."

Later, Martina did not meet Theodore for a long time. It was because of the doctor's order. She often went to the king chamber and turned around. When she was alone, she headed to the secret place of the garden where I often went with Theodore. She lay on the grass blankly and fell asleep. In the dream, her healthy lover appeared as usual, hugging her and kissing her. And when she woke up, the seat next to me was empty.

Sometimes, on the day Theodore slept comfortably, he was lucky to be allowed to meet for a short time. Theodore was not completely out of his mind, but it was better to hold his hand than to be alone in anxiety. Looking at his face, her eyes were filled with heat. Even if she tried to hold back her tears with her teeth clenched, she couldn't stand the painful groans. There was no bird for the squishy eyes to dry. It was a hell of a time.

Fortunately, Theodore soon came to his senses as if he had noticed the desperation of Martina. Martina could finally meet Theodore, who was barely able to talk until two weeks after she reached the capital. However, because he was still sick, he only had his back against the head of the bed.

His face was blurry, but his posture was as upright as ever. Is this what a king is like? The posture was so important that it must be completely ingrained in the body, he subconsciously put effort into the posture shown to others even though he is sick.

Martina stared blankly at her king. Theodore laughed as if nothing had happened.

"Oh, I haven't seen you in a long time.”

“…….”

"It's nice to see you. How have you been in your estate? Are you taking care of yourself?”

Even though there was no answer, Theodore often said this and that alone. However, there was a part of his story that didn't fit like a clock that went wrong. This happens when people lose consciousness for a long time

Does he know that this is a couple of months from what he's talking about?

Martina opened her lips.

"Why didn't you tell me?"”

Theodore's voice stopped. He stared at Martina with a confused gaze for a moment. While Martina couldn't hide her distorted expression, Theodore looked lonely and calm. It was as if Martina was the patient

Soon Theodore laughed helplessly.

"I think it's something I can't do to you."

"How can you say that? If I knew you were sick...….”

Martina, who was in a hurry to refute, suddenly shut up. At least she wanted to pretend nothing was wrong in front of him. He talked about this and that like Theodore, hoping that he would have a little fun.

But she couldn't stand it. Her eyes were wet after a breathless sob. She couldn't lift her bowed head for a moment. She couldn't face Theodore.

Then the long hand came into her blurred vision. Theodore murmured, sweeping under her eyes with his fingertips.

"Look, you’re crying."

Martina just shook her head. She thought she’s whine if she opened my mouth to answer.

Theodore murmured, looking down at Martina's tears that soaked him.

"Fate is so…… It's funny."

It was a low voice. It was like a bad joke of God. Waldo was the enemy of Matina and Theodore. There was no one else who hated that man as much as they did. However, heaven has not only caused them to suffer from Waldo's tyranny, but also to pay for his sins.

Theodore didn't expect to remember his lost brother this way. Isn't it ridiculous that he died because he shared bloodline with a human who had never thought of him as a brother?

"I've put away my lifelong enemy, and I've promised you the future."

“…….”

"Now I'm really…… I thought I had it all."

He thought there were only happy days ahead. He had his loved ones, a stable foundation, and the people around him.

But now the cruel God is here and he will take it all away. Is this a joke?

Theodore wrapped his face with the big hand. Martina thought he was crying like himself. However, his expression soon became distorted, but there was no sign of water. Martina bit her lips looking at him like that. He barely spoke with his teeth clenched.

"If I hadn't killed Waldo...…would it be different?"

Martina first regretted her revenge, which she had been proud of all her life. If Waldo was alive, any cruel torture would have revealed what this curse was. If Waldo survived the curse, it means he knew the answer. No, if Waldo existed in the first place, this bad luck would never have flowed to Theodore.

Theodore's response, however, was skeptical.

"It's a family I don't want. It's meaningless. If Waldo knew I had a disease, he would have cursed me to die early."

"……Yes, even if Waldo is dead, we can handle it ourselves.”

Martina reiterated as if she had promised herself.

"There's got to be a way.”

Martina clenched her teeth. She'll find the answer. All the trusted servants were moving to save the king. It is because Theodore is a loved king, and there is no longer anyone left in this country who can be king.

Waldo did not show mercy to those who opposed him and usually end them cruelly. It has been a long time since all those with plausible genealogy that can succeed died. The removal of Theodore was only abandoned because the previous King was dying. Since the last gift he received from his father was survival, Theodore probably did not wield a sword at the father who held Waldo's hand.

The fact that there were no other successors to the throne until recently was considered a great luck for Theodore's succession. Thanks to Waldo's wrongdoings, there were no one who put their heads into the table.

The problem starts now. There was Theodore behind Waldo, but there was no one behind Theodore. He thinks the Duke of Skylar is still speaking ill of Martina. Because the witch dazzled the king's eyes, she failed to produce descendants to prepare for emergencies.

Suddenly Theodore opened his mouth and said.

"I've never blamed or nagged you for infertility, but this time I've had that thought. It would have been better."

Martina raised her curious eyes. This is because Theodore and Martina's thoughts and themes were the same, but a little different.

Theodore didn't seem to want Martina to blame herself. It was lucky to have no children between the two on reasonable grounds.

"From Waldo to the previous kinf. It's obvious if I had a baby. Maybe he's next in line.”

But Martina couldn't help but harden her expression. It was the one speculation that ruled out hope that this curse would be resolved. He said as if he were going to die. The aloofness was so disturbing that Martina hurriedly held his hand.

It was time to raise her voice, saying that she was not Martina. Theodore's forehead narrowed at first glance. Theodore tried not to show it, but Martina, who was holding hands with him, could see that his body had lost strength. Martina hurriedly stood up and looked at him.

"Are you okay? Should I call a doctor?"

"No……."

Theodore shook his head with difficulty. Martina hurriedly poured out one word or another to distract him from the pain.

"Do you know that Lord Hazel has set up an investigation team and is now going down to the provinces? He’s searching the whole country to solve this problem. You just have to think about your body.”

Theodore's face, looking at Martina, had an unknown look on his face. Then he smiled quietly. Theodore said only after a long pause.

"I hope so."

"That's what's gonna happen. That's why you shouldn’t think about useless things. You understand me, right?

Martina whispered so much that she swept away the wet hair that stuck to his forehead. Cold sweat was soaked out and wet all over. Theodore spoke in a sweet voice with his eyes closed.

"I think it'll get a little better if you stroke it."

That's a cheesy comment. Martina laughed and shed tears at the same time without realizing the time. She barely answered back with a blurry voice.

"……until this moment, you…….”

"Oh, I mean it."

Theodore said playfully. Martina kissed him briefly on the cheek. Martina spoke as if she had a spell.

"It's gonna be all right.”

Theodore smiled only with a faint smile and did not answer.

I think also because the curse was stronger in Theo blood, but yes now its kinda obvious how the tragic end will ensue

9. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not crying, you are
    As if to laugh at Martina's wishes, his situation worsen. What Sir Hazel found out about the curse was that it had slowly developed little by little when Martina visited Theodore. Even if they waited for days and days, no plausible solution was found. Martina also thought back of her time with Waldo but nothing particular sparks, as if to aggravate her.

As the wait prolongs, so does their desperation. There are more and more days when Theodore is not himself. Rarely, when he came to his senses, he was violent, and he often hit his maids or fell into confusion after suffering from fever. The countless time he loses his reason and come back to consciousness was repeated countless times. Theodore's condition was slowly, but clearly deteriorating.

Martina couldn't help but laugh bitterly. At the time of Waldo's death, Martina thought all the painful days were over, and now she was truly liberated. But Waldo was causing her pain until after he died. Is he staying beside her and swearing at her because he can't forgive the humble gypsies? What was even funnier was the fact that it was none other than Letta's curse that now bothered her.

In the recent nightmare, Martina often sees her childhood. On the night they sit with a bonfire in the middle, there is a sense of alienation. Her mother quickly wear the image of a ghost, not a living person. How can you save the blood of your enemy and treasure it more than your own kind? The dead relatives ask. When I sleep with Theodore, I laugh at him for having such a nightmare.

Martina avenged her clan, but at the same time fell in love with the enemy. This may be an atonement for being the betrayer.

It's a perfect curse by all accounts. Words could not explain the tragedy that came to her. Perhaps it was easier to face with the nightmare occurred when was trapped in Waldo's bedroom.

Tears flowed and flowed on her face without drying out, as the pain were placed deep in her heart. At least no one can see her. Martina tried to be jealous and lively when she was with Theodore. Originally, he knew better than anyone else that her personality reduced all those emotions, that she was better at showing false laughter than true tears. If she can fake a smile, she felt like a hopeful future would be waiting. She clenched her teeth even more.

Martina wanted to believe there was a way, so she should never be sad. Why does she have to wet her eyes as if she’s at a funeral for someone who will recover their health? It doesn't make sense. Theodore will soon get better and stand up.

But was it just an arrogant judgment of those who have never experienced it?

On a day when the color of the sky was especially dark, Theodore called in Martina. Their meeting was usually made at Martina's request because Theodore did not stay conscious for a long time. This is because Theodore did not want his lover to see him sick.

At the rare meeting, Martina hurried to Theodore's room. Not knowing when he would come to his senses, Martina was almost living in the palace these days.

Martina ran like a lightining and arrived at the palace where Theodore stayed. Martina was faster to reach than the maid at whom he asked for water. It was fortunate for Theodore. They were able to deliver the message to her without losing his precious conscious time.

"Did you call me?"

“…….”

"Today is a good day. Should I open the window?"

Martina greeted with her usual voice. At first glance, it was a very different situation than when Theodore just came to his senses and met with Martina. It was Theodore who continued talking busily at that time.

Theodore was a politician and was used to fooling others. Martina will never know for the rest of her life that Theodore, who smiled affectionately, was in fact a shrewd man. Looking at Martina coming through the door with a distorted face, Theodore thought the pathetic lie was finally over. He asked his servants not to tell Martina, but they couldn't fool her for a long time. She had already hurt enough, and he will leave even more pain for her. Theodore regretted holding her for the first time.

She knew they couldn't go back like before. Before the disease got worse, Theodore had the same wish as Martina. The hope that he will get better, that the disease will be resolved soon. However, his mind slowly corroded and became unrecognizable.

Theodore was a king. Even though the king of a country was on the verge of dying, there was not a single way to solve it. Every time the scout returned without any result, Sir Hazel drooped his head. Theodore did not rush him anymore.

Will there be a solution if we search the whole country? No, will he be able to hold on until then in the first place?

If it was not for the best, Theodore had to choose the wrong music. At least he didn't want to die in his worst form.

"Tina, I'm about to die.”

It was like any other late realization. Theodore's words brought a sad silence between the two. Theodor, the person involved, felt rather calm. This is because the conclusion was repeatedly chewed and engraved deep in her heart. It was also because Martina struggled to erase it from her head.

As soon as Theodore finished, Martina shouted in a cracked voice.

"Don't say such a terrible thing!"

"No, I know now.”

Theodore said, looking down at the THIN wrist. Originally, his skin was not this translucent. His healthy muscles had already dried up and formed an ugly bump. The limbs with blood vessels appeared to be like those of monsters.

How can one say that this body belongs to the living?

Every time Theodore was relieved of his pain, he felt he was one step closer to death. The meal did not go over properly and even controlling his behavior was difficult. He even thought that the end might come voluntarily before he had a cruel death like King Tae.

Whenever unbearable pain comes in, he becomes violent, throwing abusive remarks to people around him, ignoring state affairs that weren’t handled properly, and lovers who cry in places he cannot see.

He couldn't stand all this. Theodore said in pain.

"Tina, you kill me."

"What...?

Martina's lips fell opened. Her eyes opened wide. SHedidn't know what the hell she heard just now. But Theodore continued brutally.

"There's no one to be a king. It's a time when the crown isn't even properly stabilized. And all the heirs that should remain in this palace were killed by Waldo."

After accepting his scheduled death, Theodore began to contemplate his own death. Like everyone's concern, he had no children to succeed. Theodore knew clearly what the consequences were for a country where there wasn’t an heir. Fights for the throne always lead to famine and misery

"What do you mean by that, you cant be serious.

Martina stammered back. His sudden words seemed to be made up of unfamiliar foreign languages. She’s sure she can't understand even though she’s responding. What is the connection between the absence of a successor in this country and his words to kill them?

But Theodore soon became keenly aware of how his life could be most useful. So rational and reasonable in a way that his lover would never think of it herself.

"If I die like this, I'm sure of what follow. If you're an aristocrat with even a drop of blood, everyone will go crazy trying to get this throne.”

"Stop joking around here, before you get really mad."

"You know, the palace law doesn't give you power. You can't rule this country without regent."

He asked back exaggeratedly in a tone as if he had made an amazing discovery.

"But what if you build a new country without me?”

"Nonsense!"

Finally, Martina stormed out of her seat and stood up. Her face was frighteningly white. Theodore looked up at Martina like that. His clear eyes were saying that the story was not a joke.

"I've finished talking to all my trusted followers. Your rebellion will be led to success very smoothly.”

Martina shook her head like crazy. Theodore's forces were young. They were also people who accepted Martina for her achievement in the war. Did they agree to a deranged proposal to kill Theodore and create a new king? Can they still be called knights of the king?

"You think I'm gonna do that?”

Martina asked back fiercely. Her hands were trembling with betrayal. His proposal excluded consideration for Martina. It's a story that you can't think of unless he think of her as a long-term pawn. Martina refused to marry him because she knew it was more important than a crown for her head. How can she cut down a lover she love for the throne?

Martina decided to think Theodore was so sick that he let go of his reason. This couldn't have happened if he in control of his mind.

Theodore, however, did not backtrack on his argument. He didn't stop persuading her.

"You are the hero of the old country. There's no better successor than you."

"It's orthodoxy to maintain the royal family. Do you think people would accept a lowly Gypsy as king?”

"When the world changes, the perception changes. Originally, it was impossible for you to become a nobleman. Everything is changed now. Once it's reversed, then the changed fact becomes the truth. There's already a time on this continent where the lowest man became king. People were willing to serve him as the son of God."

"This country is of Blanche! A name like your last name!"

"This vein is cursed. It's a good time for the new dynasty to begin."

His face was pale, but only his eyes had a clearer glow than ever.

Martina just sat down on the chair. Her legs feel weak. She couldn't even tell what she was feeling now. You should say this.

Theodore, who has to say this, seems to be weak. Or he feel more pity for her who was listening. He seems miserable, she feels angry, and she just wants to kiss him passionately...….

Martina wrapped her hands around her distorted face. Tears burst into laughter. She barely raised her head and stared at Theodore. The trembling voice did not lead to the words.

"Do you really think it's the best for me?"”

"No, this is not for you. It's for me."

"Theo, now..."

Theodore said, staring straight at Martina.

"I'm telling you to sacrifice yourself for my country.”

If he were to die anyway, there was only one gift Theodore could give Martina.

The light went out of Martina's eyes. She lowered her head slowly and buried her face on her lap. I didn't want to accept anything and I didn't want to believe anything. I just wanted this time to stop buried in the dark.

Why does this moment remind her of their happiest moment?

Not long ago, he was the man who chased after her. Those blue eyes felt cold now, even though it was someone with the same eyes.

Theodore reached out and wrapped her cheek. Tears from her soaked Theodore's palm. Martina barely raised her eyes and faced Theodore. Eyes that are looking at each other but not at the same time.

Theodore was looking at her with an unknown look on his lips. Martina suddenly realized that the expression was very familiar.

Oh, when she first met him after coming up to the capital, I saw the snow.

He didn't think about this all of a sudden. From the beginning, Theodore was looking at her and making these calculations inside.

Theodore's head tilted. Before his dry lips brushed, Martina turned her head. She reached out and pushed Theodore away.

"I don’t deserve being treated like this, especially by you."

Martina stared at Theodore and said, His hand slowly slid off. She left him.

10. Samus93

Samus93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh noooo. :( ugh.

Evilnature likes this.
  11. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    hey sorry no post today but Ill post double tomorrow.

Isatoni likes this.
  12. Samus93

Samus93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take your time! We appreciate your hard work.

13. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks

14. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry to be a liar but I cant edit today either, having a very tiring day

Emma626, Denny and Fearless_Sten like this.
  15. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work

Evilnature likes this.
  16. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its fine my friends, all that matter is that you took enough rest and real life is more important, thank youu for all the translation youve given us :bloblove::bloblove:

Evilnature, Denny and user151 like this.
  17. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    The next day, Martina unpack to leave the capital. It was also a refusal to Theodore's proposal. His ridiculous demands were not worth reconsidering. Martina hoped to find a useful solution rather than start a meaningless struggle with him.

Martina stayed with Waldo for a long time, so she knew the location of the colonies he had attacked. What Waldo received was the curse of Letta. If she follows Letta's traces, she may find an answer. When Lord Hazel crossed out the area he had already looked at. Martina will look at the other destinations from the nearest place.

But now that everyone is dead, the chances of finding something were slim. She wanted to go back to the place where they lived, but they didn't even have that. This is because the Letta group did not live in one place. They only lived briefly in a simple residential zone with a wooden fence and a tent. If the terrain was good for months or half a year, they will leave within the next year without hesitation.

Because it was not a concrete location, the probability to find a clue was miniscule. Even when she found the exact location, she often did not see a piece of wood, let alone a ruin. Even in places where traces remained seen, Martina couldn’t find any resemblance of their existence

Usually, these locations are passed from mouth to mouth, but all of her people die. It was never because Lord Hazel was incompetent that he had not found anything.

Without any money left, Martina eventually reached the Aretha Plateau in search of the origin of the Letta Gypsies. Martina’s tribe has a distant ancestor who had disappeared from before. The Aretha people, who were the ancestors of the Letta herd, were not even in existence anymore. A small village under the mountain was the last human presence, and the number of residents was small.

Because it was rare to have an outsider visit, the villagers were on guard for a while. It was not easy to get words out of native people who were born and raised in the same place all their lives. Martina hid her identity and pretended to be a curious traveler. She gave them a lot of things that she bought from the country below and gained popularity. Fortunately, she was able to get a few stories after she became familiar with people and revered as a powerful lady from the city.

The villagers didn't know much about Aretha. The Aretha people were conquered by Blanche and the embers of their civilization was erased as they were considered barbarian. Although they live in the rear of the town, the villagers were also Blanchenes.

Nevertheless, listening to the local stories, there was a strange connection between the original owners and the residents here. Martina noted that the Aretha people believed the volcano to be the source of power. If Letta had a special power, wouldn't she share the same fountain of power as her ancestors?

Martina finally decided to climb the mountain. However, the mountainous area was rough and there was ice caps from the middle of the year, so the local residents cant help her journey. When she announced her plan, urgent dissuasion returned.

"Oh, you're going up there? No, my lady. Even native people can't go this season.”

"Spring is here, so isn’t the weather improving?"

"It's so high that the ice will only melt in the summer. Even then, the roads is slippery, so there was a high risk of injury.Do you really need to go there? What's so you need?"

She was the lady of the house who rented Martina a bed for some money. There was concern in her voice as she had grown attached to Martina after a few days.

However, Martina had no choice. Martina knew it, too. Even if she climb on the mountain, the chances of finding an answer are very slim. They are struggling because they have not even caught a clue. It was like running desperately in the desert in search of an illusion. However, if there was a possibility that she might faind anything, she had to try it..

However, one thing she was worried about was that it took quite a long time to get here. There was no way for her to get news from the palace. Theodore's condition was worrisome.

It took manpower and help to climb the mountain anyway. Martina decided to go back to the capital first. She thought only of the king throughout her journey. Even though I hadn't seen him for a long time, his face is clear in her memory.

No matter how far away the countryside is, a big news as the king's death was bound to spread quickly. He must be holding up well because she hasn't heard from the palace yet. Maybe he got better. She only hoped that he had changed his mind while she was away.

Martina ran back day and night. It was unclear whether even she could find a way, but she wanted to reassure him by bringing the news from the Aretha Plateau.

The problem occurred when she was passing through the gate. The guards who saw Martina's face suddenly surrounded her. It was so unexpected that Martina didn't even think about resisting. Martina thought they mistook her from someone else, but that wasn’t the case. She was annoyed rather than angry at the completely unexpected situation.

Martina repeatedly said, "I don't know what's going on, but I've only been to the provinces for a while, and I have something to report to the king, so I ask for guidance." However, when Martina put the king in her mouth, the soldier's eyes popped.

"Shut up, you traitor! How dare you mention His Highness?"

Martina looked up at the man. She couldn’t believe what she heard. If there is a traitor, it will be Theodore who suggested that she killed him. But Martina turned down his offer.

Martina's puzzled expression made the soldier swear and spit. At the same time, a familiar face approached her from afar.

"Your voice has been loud even from afar. This job is top secret, so don't make a fuss. I will lead you."

It was Lord Torrid, one of the king's escorts. When he was with Theodore and Martina, he usually made a happy face. He raised Martina from her seat with a cold look.

"Sir Torrid, what's going on here? What the hell are they talking about?”

The answer didn't come back. Sir Torrid only led Martina somewhere with a stiff face. Martina was confused at first because they went through a poorly traveled road, but he was apparently taking Martina to Theodore's place.

Martina couldn't understand this situation at all. Sir Torrid urged Martina as she stood at the door and hesitated.

"Go in."

His ambiguousness was mixed with kindness, no way to treat a traitor. Sir Torrid even freed Martina's bound hands. If she was really misunderstood as a traitor, he would have never done those thing.

Martina took a steady step and entered the door. The interior was the same as she remembered. However, it was very dark even though it was daytime. Theodore was sitting on a chair by the window. Martina slowly stepped behind him.

She made a seemingly natural question.

"What are you doing?"

Theodore had to put the plan into practice, regardless of her refusal.

"Sorry Tina, I wasn't going to ask for your consent from the beginning.”

His voice was weak. The cracked voice seemed to be someone else's. Martina asked back in an incredible voice.

"What the hell did you do while I was gone?”

"I knew you wouldn't agree with me. But you have to cut me down.”

"So you named me a traitor? Do you think that kind of lie will work?"

"Tina, you’re a gypsy. You’re blind to power, abandoning loyalty and you have no blood or tears. And you will create a new era."

There was no need for much ground for Theodore to sell Martina as a traitor. It wasn't Theodore who needed justification, it was Martina.

That was Martina's role, an unjust hero betrayed by a tyrant. While Martina worked tirelessly to find their future, Theodore made an easy decision. He abandoned himself and his lover at the same time.

Martina's face turned white.

"What's wrong with you?"

" I'm selfish."

If Theodore dies like this, the country will only become more chaotic. No matter how strong Martina's force is, it will be dangerous if she is forced to fight for the throne. There was no one on Theodore's side who can help anymore.

"I stand at the end of a dying dynasty. What good is left for me other than being a more plausible tyrant?”

His voice eventually contained a tone of ridicule. Theodore didn't turn his head because he didn't want to show Martina his ugly face. He stared only at Martina's face reflected in the window. He said somberly.

"Last request, Martina."

"Theodor, this is also my only wish. I can't just give up.”

"You have to do this. For you, for me."

Martina took another step toward Theodore. Before I knew it, the eyes were wet. She shouted imploringly.

"I'll find it. I'll find a way to save you!"

"We don't have time, Tina."

Martina took a deep breath at the cruel refusal. She couldn't even catch up with why their love went to such a catastrophe. I felt wronged and resentful. Martina said in a cracked voice.

"You told me to be selfish.”

“…….”

"You said you'd stay with me for the rest of your life!”

Theodore did not answer. The king's face was filled with water. Instead of eye contact with Martina, Theodore was looking at the blank space. Martina showed tears she had never shed before.

Why did you say something you couldn't take responsibility for?

Martina wrapped her hands around her face. The floor was soaked with resentment, sadness, and grief. There was a terrible sense of betrayal. If he really loved him, he wouldn't do this.

"Why are you doing this to me? How can you be so cruel to me?"

"……I have loved you."

"If you had, I wouldn't have felt this awful."

“…….”

"You've never loved me. I know that now."

Martina turned around as if she were running away. Before closing the door, Martina said.

"Theodor, you should have told me to die with you."

The sound of the door closing violently rang behind her. Sir Torrid, who was waiting outside, stared at the tearful Martina with a miserable face. She couldn't stand his look of sympathy. Martina walked past him without pretending to know. Sir Torrid followed her without saying a word. It was unnecessary kindness. Her rough steps collapsed like a sand castle. Martina put her head against the wall, holding back her nausea.

Everything was because of Waldo. She lost her family, became infertile and failed to marry Theodore, and was in a tragedy of having to cut down her lover because she had no children.

Foolish. Foolish. She dared to trust and love the forbidden brother.

"How far will the Blanche make me miserable?"

Martina sobbed and sobbed. For Martina, Theodore was a chance. To live a new life, to love someone, or to save herself.

Martina killed the future she had dreamed of that day.

"The castle is just around the corner, but the Marquis doesn't look so good."

The soldier, who was staring far away at the leadership, said. The middle-aged man standing next to him also looked at the same direction, but couldn’t find anything meaningful. Perhaps because of the dimness of her eyes, it was only possible to distinguish the shadow. At first glance, it's a long way to go, but it's good news that she can still notice something. The middle-aged soldier, who raised her eyebrows as if he was a great person, soon responded as if he were complaining.

"How does it feel to be betrayed by the Lord you believed in? It would have break my heart."

Theodore the benevolent king proved himself to be of the same blood as the evil Waldo. The bright young king became greedy and lost his clear eyes as he grew older. The story of the people struggling in his cruel hands made the whole country cry. It was hard to know how the situation would have been if Marquis Martina, who was pointed out as a traitor to the king, had not raised the army on behalf of the public sentiment.

"I started off determined to kill the tyrant, but I'm a little discouraged. The enemy is too down.”

The young soldier raised his armor and complained. As he said, the kingdom army acts as if it had lost its head to command. They often flung the flag of surrender even before they attack without any hesitation. With the help of the surrendered army, not the rebels’ fighting ability, the rebels reached the city at an unbelievable speed.

A middle-aged man clenched his tongue at the soldier’s remarks, who lacked combat experience.

"He's saying something scary. You think war is a joke? It's time to blow up a congratulatory message just yet.….”

"It's true that this is far from a normal war, right?"

"Everyone knows the Marquis's mistreatment. You've devoted yourself to the king, but...…. There is no evil king like that."

A young man listening quietly scratched his head. He murmured in a small voice so that no one could hear him.

"I don't really understand that either. King Theodore was well-known for his benevolent reign, but suddenly there was a disappearance.….”

"He didn’t only hide his face, eventually he was hiding his true nature like Waldo."

The middle-aged soldier continued. Even those who questioned the firm response eventually shut up.

As soon as the conversation ended, the march began with the previous momentum. Even though the success of the rebellion was just around the corner, the battle was not much different from what it has been. The palace was empty. The kingdom, which felt its defeat, did not even resist, and only servants remained in the castle and trembled with fear. The rebels took over the palace without shedding any blood because there was an order to punish soldiers if they touched civilians. The role of soldiers has long been specialized in sweeping up items that would be more valuable than wielding knives.

While the military was collecting trophies, Martina headed to the King room with only Elsier. Martina, who was staring at the gate of the Chamber, said to Elsier.

"I'm going alone.”

Martina quietly opened the door alone and entered. With the door opening and closing, the cheers of victory, which had been ringing in the distance, became distant.

Martina was speechless for a moment and looked up at the man who was her king. Theodore was sitting on the throne in a state of dissociation with the chaotic state outside. However, the eyes which looking down were still full of dignity.

Martina laughed.

"Why do you look like that? This is what you wanted.”

Theodore lifted the corners of his mouth lightly at the words. But Martina found fear in Theodore's eyes. At the end, there was something in it like the sad beauty of the other person.

Would it have been better if I pretended to be more plausible?

"Right, I wanted it."

Martina bit her lips at Theodore's calm answer. Although she tried not to get agitated deep resentment kept trying to squeeze out his voice. She asked in a shaky voice.

"Satisfied with this tragedy?"

"I'm sorry, Martina."

"That's all you have to say?”

Martina glared at Theodore with wet eyes. Every moment she loved him was regrettable. It was even more unfair because she saw this relationship ends in a very different way. Martina had already tried to let him go without suffering from grief. Theodore grabbed at her like he was pulling her out of her misery, but soon threw her away like hell. Abandoned love was terrible. Martina said as if she were mischievous.

"If I had known my king would be so mean, I wouldn't have loved him.”

"And that he's a coward."

"Does a coward ask me to do this?"

"Actually, I'm so afraid of dying.”

"Then don't die! Please!"

Martina cried desperately. Theodore laughed helplessly at his lover's tears. In his helpless appearance, he felt a deep sense of defeat unique to the person who stood one step behind his death. But the frightened man did not beg for life.

"Please cut it with a single swipe so that it doesn't hurt, Tina.”

Martina knelt with the tip of the knife on the floor. This is because he could not stand upright with two legs. She sobbed for a long time with her head down.

When Martina asked Theodore to abandon him and marry him, he said, "How can you say that between lovers?" He also said that she abandoned him was cruel. However, it was not Martina but him who acted most selfishly in the worst situation.

Martina murmured with a voice of resentment.

"Your love is selfish. If there's a next time, please compensate for me."

Soon, Martina staggered to her feet. Her eyes were no longer wet. Martina glared at Theodore with her bloodshot eyes. She cried out in a solemn voice that was divided, but not lacking in dealing with a nation's loser.

"Blanche's last bloodline!"

“…….”

"I curse you. You took away the hope you gave me. It's the most brutal betrayal I've ever had!"

Martina's resentment made the whole reality cry loudly. Theodore realized that the time had come to honor her as a winner. At the last minute, he was able to make an oaath.

Martina, if I have another life, I will love you only. Of all my things, you are the most important, so I will love you so much that I can never give up.

But it wasn't possible then.

"I have nothing to say to you. I apologize for using you until the very end.”

"But you're not going to take my orders, are you?"

Martina asked in a trembling voice. Not wanting to see his sick lover, Theodore would rather close his eyes.

"Do what you have to do."

After the blood was scattered on the throne, Martina did not leave the Chamber until a long time later. Elsier, who saw Martina's face, bowed his head in surprise. She had an expression that Elsier would never see again throughout her life and throughout the rest of her life.

"Sound the victory."

The new Queen, who took possession of the country, spoke as miserable as a defeated dog.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, unfortunately I'm going through a transition period due to the pandemic, so a lot of packing and moving. Also, I don't have the raw for Book 5 and as Book 4 is coming to an end, the next updates might be shorter as I'll have to collect raw and edit at the same time

ndythrs, Kamina, mariaraara and 7 others like this.
  18. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi so I was bringingnstuff to my new apartment and Im dead now so Ill make the next update in 24 hr from this post

19. wasabisazzdafirst

wasabisazzdafirst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey I'm new here, but thank you so much for your translations. i hope everything goes well in your new apartment :D

Evilnature likes this.