LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    When someone asks you to give up your bank account would you agree?

deleting skills is actually a simple matter there is a reset skill that anyone can access and it has zero cost.

The one you mention is a different matter Sensei used a loophole outside the system to delete Hugo's skills

besides in a world akin to The Middle Ages if you told people that the world is ending and you need to give up your skills, would you believe that person?

Kphone89 likes this.
  2. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We live in a world where science and rationality are supposedly ascendant, and yet some still believe that the earth is flat, that the last year was a hoax, that vaccines are government conspiracies, etc, etc, etc... imagine how much worse it would be in an age of superstition.

Complicating the matter in the setting is that while people have a strong tie to religion and can be led to obey their edicts, the religions disagree as to the nature of skills and what to do with them. If the Goddess faith was reigning supreme, the world might well be able to get rid of a good portion of skills through sacrifice and many of the world's woes could be, if not solved, mitigated to a degree.

Of course there'd always be those who would never sacrifice skills as they're a source of power, they'd rather sit until they're personally on fire while the world burns, thinking 'this is fine'.

KhayDesu likes this.
  3. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    well said, in the Middle Ages in our world The Church has unspeakable power it can denounce kings and label them heretics giving other countries a reason to attack it. In a world where a Deity like entity actually exist the fanaticism is on a another level. Take the UFO incident for example Dustin rallied 10,000 elite soldiers (meatshields) which are more than willing to get slaughtered just because their leader said so. (many of them died happy lol)

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is not the only way to remove skills tough, IIRC another way is mentioned back in one of the Shun side stories, from before he met up with everyone.

KhayDesu likes this.
  5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I thought it was super rare.

He did resurrect a bunch of high-level dragons during this energy crisis.

6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Using that one skill that sacrifices your other skills still means you are cutting bits of your soul off. Do we even know if you can be selective with it? If not, then it's the same thing that Shiro is trying to do. If you can be selective it might be difficult to tell how many skills you can safely remove.

Yeh but he's doing that using his own energy and divine area plus the shield Shiro gave him.

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he has enough energy for that, even counting for divine area.

8. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why he burned through that huge shield Shiro gave him. You're not supposed to be able to do that without killing yourself.

9. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's done safely over a span of several days. People in the Goddess religion have also been preaching to use that skill, some of them having used it themselves.
    (Btw, since the DW religion tells its followers to level up a lot in order to hear god's voice more often, and leveling is easier when it's low, why didn't some of them use it?)

And the system focuses on combat, so a lot of professions would hardly be affected by resetting their stats, right? Moreover, it might even erase Taboo along with the rest; the possibility alone should convince a lot of people.

KhayDesu likes this.
  10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's possible to remove Taboo. Otherwise literally everyone ever wouldn't need to worry about the mental affects of it.

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People who get Taboo usually snap and have other priorities than getting rid of it. Like murder and suicide. Honestly I was pretty disappointed by the low key response everyone had. I was expecting wayyyy more.

KhayDesu likes this.
  12. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    it was mentioned in the LN desu~~

agreed desu~! i was expecting Mass Hysteria and panick like its the end of the world

Yes one of the dragons who can see the soul said that if Shun didn't have that shield over his soul he'd be dust already

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Kphone89 likes this.
  13. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think regenerating new souls will take a very long time but it is still within the realm of possibility but I don't think an Administrator can suddenly be created. I don't think anyone can be like Shiro that can transcend to become an administrator. If Shiro won both Gyurie and Sariel will still be alive and less than 20% soul is still surviving and its still possible for a great future. If Gyurie and Dustin win Sariel is dead and Gyurie will be the core of the system until he dies. Only an administrator can stop the system and the only one left will be Shiro and I believed Shiro will leaved immediately after the battle. I don't see a future for this. A world without an administrator is bound for destruction.

14. Latifa

Latifa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if Ariel died, Shiro would give up saving the world and will leave to kill D and will tell Gyurie to not interfere to what she will do and she won't interfere to what Gyurie would do. I also think that the core of the system is not that easy to change since it is not "interesting" to D and Gyurie would realize that what Shiro is doing is the best possible way to save the world.

15. Kphone89

Kphone89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Shiro should rescue Sariel even if Ariel dies. Ariel was already planning to die to free Sariel so not much would change on that front.
    • Shiro won't kill D and she knows it's impossible. D wrote the "how to kill Gods" book and gave it to Shiro when she ascended. There's also the fact that Shiro is terrified of D. It'll be interesting to see what D pushes onto Shiro after the conclusion of the other world.
      • 2nd in command of the underworld (who gets all 1st in commands work forced on her)
      • Gaming friend
      • Pet spider
      • ???
      • .. Ariel might even be revived to be kept as a cook. (very unlikely; see Meido as D's Maid)
    • Sadly, I feel Gyurie will never change and that means he'll kill himself before he lets Shiro do what she wants. If he was going to change, he's had hundreds(? thousands?) of years to do it.

I have a feeling that if Dustin wins, the reincarnators are in for hell.
    .. and if he's dumb enough to try and touch Earth, Meido and/or D will step in and complete erase the other world.

16. lekxman22

lekxman22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think Dustin will do anything to reincarnators except if he could brainwash them to be new devotes or sweet talking.
    Gyurie wont have good ending in anyway bcs either way he wants himself to be sacrificed. U see the truth behind Shiro's And gyuries fight is that when they are fighting they are realising divine energy. If it reaches certain ammount everyone could be saved but oh well lets wait and see.
    Had to re-edit this didnt want to post another one.
    P.S Guys do u think we need to wait for Vol 12 of LN for WN to re-start? or it dropped?

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiro might leave if Ariel dies, but unless circumstances absolutely forced it I don't think she would challenge D. She doesn't willingly get into fights she's positive she can't win. I think circumstances probably will end up forcing her to confront D, but Ariel's death alone probably isn't enough. Though given that Shiraori is severely emotionally stunted and repressed she might react in surprising ways. Girl is messed up.

18. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Shiro accidentally saw D's true power she describe it as if she described herself as only dust on the entire universe. Shiro painfully knows that no matter how to strong she becomes in the future she will never reach D.

Kphone89 likes this.
  19. Nepagear

Nepagear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    afterall she's still actually thankful for D by giving her a tiny speck of soul

Kphone89 likes this.
  20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is she? She mostly thinks of D in terms of dread, fear and hopelessness.