Question is webnovel good?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by efo, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just sign up to webnovel and I don't dare to do anything without knowing how to do things so I'm going to ask some questions that I really need an answer for it.

1. how can I pay it?
    2. is it cheap enough?
    3. can I pay it from turkey, if yes how?
    and some other basic details.
    if you say that it's not good then I'll have to give up on it :(

2. StarEis

StarEis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really recommend reading on webnovel because of how they just suddenly drop novels and don't continue them but if you want to, it is kinda cheap (but you have to pay for EVERY chapter). Ve Türkiye'den verebiliyorsun evet ama bizim için biraz pahalı oluyor TL ile odiceksen yani pek tavsiye etmiyorum, onun yerine wuxiaworld den (daha az hikaye var) alsan daha iyi (ve direkt tikapi alabiliyorsun, sadece bitmiş kitaplar için para alıyorlar, bitmiyen kitaplar için vip alıp 20/40 bölüm ileri okuyabiliyirsun)

Kledor, aShinyVaporeon and efo like this.
  3. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually signed up because translated novels are not always free.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, when a moderately active NUFfian begins asking such questions, I am forced to ask myself where did we go wrong? Maybe we have been derelict in our duty by not making enough "Webnovel is bad" threads lately... :blobpensive:

zetsuen_dark, Lissi, Airlol and 10 others like this.
  5. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not bad purely for the sheer quantity of novels because of all the people posting them on there, but there are very few actually good translated novels, and after like 100 chapters you gotta start paying

efo likes this.
  6. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel is a horrible site but it does have both translated and original novels,I suggest you use pirate sites for those novels.

Kledor and efo like this.
  7. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this.

It was all peaceful until the firenation attack..

efo and otaku31 like this.
  8. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, Webnovel as a platform is just not the best. It's a little too expensive, its comment and review sections are full of EXP spam, and the reviews are generally unreliable because anyone can post multiple reviews on the same novel. There's some not-very-professional typos in the covers, and they don't properly credit authors, so it's often hard to find the raws.
    They also drop novels without announcements as soon as they find a novel's not profitable enough.

And in the case of original novels, the authors moderate their own reviews so they're even more unreliable, and what really ticks me off is how 90% of the cover art there is uncredited. Also, there's just a lot of people that post work from others on Webnovel, and because the moderators are slow there, there's too much plagiarized work up there.

Oh, they're getting gradually more and more monetized, too. Back in 2017 most novels there weren't paywalled. In fact, back then they supposedly would never paywall anything. Obviously, that didn't end up happening. I think this is when the novel translation community here started hating Webnovel.
    Gradually, they started paywalling after ~100 chapters, then new novels became paywalled after 60 chapters, and now it's 40.

Still, if you're looking from the legal perspective, Webnovel is one of the licensed novel sites, which means it is legal, unlike unofficial fan translations. And while the great majority of its novels seem like copies of other novels slightly altered with different settings and tropes, there are still some good ones out there. However, I'd recommend reading on Wuxiaworld (which is also licensed) just because the community there is generally just nicer, plus you can pay less.

Edit: seems like the post with aggregators was removed.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    asriu and efo like this.
  9. Kledor

Kledor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel is cheap per chapter but crazy expensive for a full novel. I personally don't have much disposable income so I pirate most webnovel products.

wasntbornyesterday and efo like this.
  10. wasntbornyesterday

wasntbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes webnovel is good, you can read or create a story. Some of the novels and manhuas there are translated from Qidian and QQ read. But if you're broke like me, you can pirate it.

efo likes this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    they have nice lay out hmmm web look and thats it~

efo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.