Recommendations kingdom building novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Xerox, May 24, 2021.

1. Xerox

Xerox Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm searching for some good kingdom building novel, with or without game element, preferably CN, KR is fine, but no JP. Something like The World Online, thanks in advance

Haevrus and animefan217 like this.
  2. Bigweeb612

Bigweeb612 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use the tag kingdom building

3. gcool

gcool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World - If you want something more modern (sci-fi), cool because it deal with 'kingdom building' in both, the post-apocalyptic world and the present one (uses tech from post-apocalyptic world to boost modern world, and uses food/necessities to boost the post-apocalyptic world)

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - Takes quite a while to get to the kingdom building element, though it is legendary afterwards, also a comedic masterpiece later on. Reading the manhwa can let you skip the build up very quickly, as the first part is just the character lvling up.

City of Sin - A masterpiece of a novel all around, though the kingdom building element is a minor subplot.

God and Devil World - Good deal of kingdom building, but it relies on the mc quite a lot (Also, r-18 scenes occasionally)

Mediterranean Hegemon of Ancient Greece - A kingdom building novel set in ancient Greece. Pretty decent, though you can also feel the plot armor after some time.

Mentioned in other posts,
    Tales of the Reincarnated Lord is a very good kingdom building novel, probably the closest example to The World Online as the mc actually relies on his subordinates. Also, despite the mc being a 'transmigrator', he can't actually use his knowledge of science and technology as the element construction is different, so he doesn't just become op out of nowhere but actually develops in accordance to how a country usually develops.
    Release that Witch is also good, though you also start to feel the plot armor after some time

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  5. FrogwithaWog

FrogwithaWog Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iron Dynasty on wnmtl.org

6. wasntbornyesterday

wasntbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Xerox

Xerox Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you everyone for the recommendation, can't believe i forgot this thread ahaha

i don't really like doing it cause there's somewhat a lot of trashy thing and i dont really intent on checking every single one there