Spoiler Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aean, Jun 11, 2020.

1. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still surprised that there are still readers who still faithfully believes the goddesses' words when you see the shenanigans Ira, Eir and Noah does... You could argue that Althena is also a nutcase selecting the hero of light holder by looks...

We did see Sakurai's POV and he's bordering a stalker ngl... He also hold "friendship" to Makoto too much lol

Sofia having a reincarnation is a big NG for me... Leonard too, but he's only idolizing Makoto so no, it's like a child seeing a person they can look up to. Though everything can change if Leonard is a human/angel hybrid

2. Slayer66

Slayer66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ira's words are always unreliable. She is the Divine Disappointment, so it is normal that her plans fail.
    Also, is she really able to lie like the Ponkotsu Goddess she is without making a single mistake ?
    I don't think her clumsiness is a lie, but maybe she can be possessed by her future self who is more competent and makes less mistakes?

By the way, do you think Anna will appear in the last arc ? Well, at the very least, the author will write about her like he said in his afterword.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  3. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Momo is actually the largest reason why the modified history and Ira's explanation about time paradox is doubtful. According to Ira's explanation, all the Hero's party members were motivated by strong vengeance. An Anna consumed by revenge after losing the fire hero Olga would be less likely to save a half-vampire like Momo in that state. More so, Noah's dagger is necessary to cut the link with Bifrons and destiny magic in order to see it. Also, I cannot see why Cain would slaughter all the ancient dragons in Laberintos if they all stayed put in the deepest layer while the humans and beastkin lived in the 2nd layer. Mel would not help out too much either considering her initial attitude with Makoto. Then Abel and Anna being the same freaking person, a time paradox cannot simply explain that. The hidden party member is Cain while Abel replaces Makoto in the legend.

Ira... I bet she secretly likes writing hero novels and Makoto's journey is her newest tale. Her happy ending is marrying her favorite hero. Does Ira and Naia even get along? One of them is bored of being a goddess, while another is trying to keep her job as a goddess. Ira probably has more animosity toward Naia than Noah.

Un-related note:

A Korean webtoon that I used to read called Kubera by Currygom has a primeval god named Vishnu that controls destiny and outcomes. He has a reputation as good guy that never lies, but a major plot twist is that he lies fairly often. The gods distrust him completely and the Sura's are starting to as well. He can change his appearance to another gender, age, form, lies to get the best outcome for preserving the universe. Even if that results in the death of his loved ones or their demise. He manipulates others by giving false advice or prophecies. Vishnu's rival is Kali in protecting and destroying universes like a game.

Another plot twist is that there is speculation that they may in fact be on the same side and are not actually rivals. Other primeval gods are Shiva and Brahma. In this webtoon's conflict there are primeval gods (perceived to be neutral), gods like Agni and Chandra, nastika and rakshasa (suras), and humans who are usually the collateral damage in this game whose planets are destroyed at times.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  4. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    So clues about being a singular timeline were already there even before Makoto goes back to the past... It just got cemented by Momo's POV:
    • Momo's very unusual fondness to Makoto and her reason for fondness is because he's her bloodbag? Not to mention that he's the Apostle of the person that killed most of Momo's co-member's family, i would be surprised to not kill him on the spot. Other than Lucy with her heritage, i don't see other reason for her to get closer to the party... Then there's her wholly fond of being headpatted by Makoto one time with a jealousy feat on sitting infront of him. Also the title of being Great Sage's lover title fits lol.
    • Bifrons' surprised reaction and Momo's nervous reaction on it means that there's a connection before them
    • Noah being desperate to get Makoto on his first day out is also surprising...
    • Goddesses being TOO cordial to him and Ira's supposed hatred being gone then somehow Ira felt like she knows how Makoto behaves are too suspicious. Their conversation seems like Makoto and the goddesses are talking like "friends"... Also, it seems like they're curious on who is the Saviour of the world 1000 years ago (only Ira and Noah has some connection to him that time so it's understandable

5. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    So saying that history was rewritten is a bit innacurate. In fact, we could say that history reverted to its original timeline thanks to the intervention of Makoto. The only thing that is bothering me why there's not a statue of Anna alongside the legendary party's statues.

When you said it like that, it looks like people in WM who looks like they are in bad terms are actually on the same side.
    So possible plot twists:
    •Noah and Ira are allies.
    •Ira and Naia are allies.
    •Noah, Naia, and Ira are allies.

6. zaggernut

zaggernut Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so it may have been asked before but I can't go through 84 pages to find it:
    By the end of Ch 289, is Makoto strong enough to take on Gods and is he immortal?

I ask the first question because I read in the wiki that his water proficiency is well above 999 which seems to be well above human limits, hero or not, and I also hope to see MC eventually ascending past being a chess piece in the game played by old and new Gods and Devils and become a 'player' himself. I ask the second question because he has love interests like Lucy and the great sage who are either immortal themselves or live lives longer than a human. Also, if he is basically as strong as a God, why not make him immortal too.

Oh and one more thing, does Makoto ever stop devaluing his abilities by chalking up his contributions to things like luck and having a strong synchronization partner? It was okay at first but after a while it just becomes grating false modesty. I have also heard he becomes strong enough to easily defeat demidogs by converting his body to spirit or something. If he goes 'no it's not me, it's the spirits helping me out that are op' I swear imma lose my shit.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  7. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope he's neither immortal nor strong enough to take on any gods, at most hes on the level of demonlord, though he became briefly immortal due to synchronizing with Ira and that leads to him possessing divinity because of Noah's seal that allows him to contain divinity in his body, the divinity that he posses isn't inexhaustible and it could only cast a single god tier spell at most.

Makoto isn't a chess piece tho, he's a hired hero what he does is basically what his job is though he normally does whats good for Noah, hes nowhere near god level at most he could sacrifice his body and turn into Spirit King.

btw Spirit Kings are above demigods atleast.

No he's not devalueing himself, without [Spirit Magic] and God Killer blade hes basically a commoner with just ultra high water proficiency that could only cast a single ice needle at most to pierce his enemies eyes :).

8. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It kinda sad for me, Mary(receptionist) is not part of makoto love interest in wiki. Considering that she didn't express her feelings to makoto enough to become a love interest...... Sigh..... But still praying that author will not forget about her. I really like Mary to part of makoto's harem:unsure:

Anyways, with ruckus makoto made in the world( like his world Changing feats)....
    It was a miracle that jupiter or other gods and devils didn't intervene in makoto's path..... Or they knew and let do his own.... It kinda sus on how they are so quiet in whole story and only the 7 goddess are in play( i mean 5 introduced and appear on makoto ) ....... Considering they stronger than 7 goddess why didn't they make a move and kept quiet...... After all they should know better than 7 goddess because they stronger than them.... I feel plot twist in next chapter....

9. zaggernut

zaggernut Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that's too bad, but I guess not all novels have to end up with MCs becoming gods.

Yeah in Makoto's case, he is merely repaying Noah for taking him in when no one else did and providing timely info/hints. But gods undoubtedly do play games with each other using their followers as proxy, given they can't easily descend into the material realm themselves with all their powers intact. Hell, Noah's previous apostle was basically charmed by her into killing the heroes of other gods, and she would've charmed Makoto into a slave too, had he not had the RPG skill cheat. If you don't like the term 'chess piece', saying the followers are vassals to their masters, the gods, is perhaps more appropriate. I just wanted Makoto to eventually rise past being a vassal of Noah and become one of the masters himself. And if we are talking debt repayment, freeing a god from their prison should be repayment enough.

Aren't spirit kings just slightly meatier ants while facing gods? Not that they would ever be facing gods since gods reside in a place they can't enter.

True, he is just a hardworking commoner without his [Spirit Magic] and haxx blade, but as it turns out, he does have [Spirit Magic] and said haxx blade, and at the end of the day they have to be counted as part of his strength. Yet Makoto always acts as if he only had a small part to play in taking down enemies compared to his allies. Even other characters point this out multiple times like here in Ch 109:

I have heard that there is still one arc left, ie arc 11, and while I am not expecting much anymore, I still hope to see Makoto become a 'free' man, perhaps still allied with Noah but not having her as his boss (or having anyone as his boss for that matter such as a country's king or princess, not even on paper).

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  10. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He might get major power up this arc since he's against Leviathan an interstellar weapon that fought against outer gods and titan gods also i dont think that the man that Noah would marry will stay as a mortal.

I think dude you should re-read the novel again, Titan gods dislikes controlling their believers, if i recalled it correctly after Cain freed himself he journeyed to different continents seeking people that would revere Noah together with him though Noah didn't mentioned that she could only get one believer per 10 years since Cain didn't know it until he met Makoto, Cain's journey continued until he met GDK and tricked him into killing the holy gods heroes in-exchange of freeing Noah once he killed all of them, Cain hunted down the heroes repeatedly in hopes that one day the endless reborn cycle of the heroes will cease, Cain is far from the stories in the present that describes him as a mad man who couldn't even hold a conversation, it was Cain who suggested that they should ally with demons, Noah merely gave her yes and praised him everytime he killed a hero.

Makoto dislikes the troublesome politics thats why he doesn't want to take credit of his feats.

i dont know what you are talking about Makoto not being a freeman

11. zaggernut

zaggernut Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The goddess Noah is a waifu too? Then yh it is much more likely that Makoto would get a lifespan buff or it would be quite pathetic for a 15 million year old to marry a mortal for a hundred years and then become a widow.

Ah is that so? Good to know, where I am in the novel I don't even know the previous apostle's name (if I had read all the translated chapters I would not have been asking these questions in the first place lol). But what is this about Cain freeing himself, is he freeing himself from Noah's charm or is it something else entirely?

Hmm from what I've read so far, it seems to not be just aversion to politics, but also a genuine inferiority complex; he often brings up the skills of his classmates in relation to his own mediocre skills.

Yeah I edited that part to make it more clear while you were writing your reply:

'Independent' is the more suitable term. Though if Noah (the titan) is being waifu'd as you say, then their relationship dynamic should naturally change from the employer-employee type contract they have now.

12. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 291
    This is mostly Aya, Lucy and Sofia kissing and pushing down Makoto. It was really too short. Also, Momo was drinking Makoto's blood.

13. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, they really went all out pushing Makoto one by one huh? Too bad Furiae is still left out. And Momo didn’t receive that much! The best girl should have done more than those two. Anyways, the chapter is short so there’s not really that much to say. The author’s afterword is interesting though. Only Makoto and Ira recognize the alternate history. And Anna not being included in the statues was fixed too.

14. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is being cryptic about alternative timeline. Only Makoto, Ira (gods), and Iblis should know about it. No telling which is the alternative timeline and what is not. An alterative timeline could be if Makoto choose to stay in the past and not return to the present.

Lucy, Aya, Makoto had a three-way kiss. Then Momo removed Makoto by force, so only Lucy and Aya were kissing. Then were looking for Makoto after they opened their eyes once they wiped their mouths. Momo sucks Makoto's blood while undressing his upper body and caressing him. Then Sophia comes in like Elsa and takes him away. She scared the water spirits lol and Makoto had to raise the temperature up so everyone but would not freeze to death. Sophia pushes Makoto down at the end in their carriage to Highland Castle to meet the important people. Ira watches all this like spectator and tells Makoto to push the girls down.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  15. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still no Furi and Noahhhhh? i want a Noah POV!

16. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    The author said he wouldn't do a Noah POV until the final chapters towards the end of WN.

deadonthespot06 likes this.
  17. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd Holy Waifu War Results
    Total votes: 292.

1. Momo 80 votes/ 27, 40%
    2. Ira 62 votes / 21,23%
    3. Noah 51 votes / 17, 47%
    4. Sofia 32 votes / 10,96%
    5. Furiae 27 votes / 9,25%
    6. Anna 17 votes / 5,82%
    7. Lucy 10 votes/ 3,42 %
    8. Janet 4 votes / 1,37%
    9. Athena, Aya, Dia, Mel 2 votes each/ 0,68% each
    10. Mary 1 vote / 0,34%
    Runner-up: Eir 0 votes/ 0%

Aean likes this.
  18. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    Momo POV boosted her up too much ehhhhh...
    Still Ira and Noah got the results they actually deserve... Till we see Noah's POV that is. (or if author want her to win in the end)

19. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    A draft of the speech about the results of the Second Holy Waifu War.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Culture. At this moment, I am proud to announce the end of the second poll for the Best Girl in Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess (also known as the Second Holy Waifu War).

This poll cumulated a total votes of 292. An incredible number compared to the First Holy Waifu War with 212 votes. It was thanks to the members of the spoiler NovelUpdates forum, Discord server, and the Reigokai readers. I am truly grateful for your participation. Without further ado, I will announce the results.

In eleventh place, with 0 vote, we have Eir Olympus. This black-hearted Water Goddess arguably has the biggest melons in this series based on the illustrations. At first glance, she looks kind, but she is a sadist to the core. What a scary Goddess.
    As a consolation prize, let's give her a round of applause.

In tenth place, with 1 vote, we have Mary Gold. This ara ara oneesan kissed Makoto in volume 5 of the LN and is a heroine according to the author. However, she lacks screentime in the WN...
    Let's hope that the author will write more about her let's give her two rounds of applause.

In ninth place, with 2 votes each, we have Althena, Aya, Dia and Mel.

Althena is a strict, but kind and sweet lady. However, she looks like the type of girl who gets easily deceived by good-looking men...

Aya is a thirsty lamia queen ready to push down her lover at anytime. With her intuition and her excellent hearing, you can't escape her.

Dia is an Undine and the loyal servant of Makoto. She is often at odds with Momo. Despite the fact that her body is made of water, she can make "this" and "that" with her King with synchronization. Moreover, she said that he was really good at it when it comes to interacting with her...

This White Dragon Mel has the proportions of a model in human form. In other words, she is a top class beauty. Lately, according to Momo, her eyes were looking similar to Anna's... Moreover, the fact that she introduced Makoto to her father gives her a lot of points. Let's give to these four girls three rounds of applause.

In eight place, with 4 votes, we have the Valkyrie, Janet Valentine ! Despite being in a hostile relationship with Sofia in the beginning, she got along with her thanks to the power of alcohol and the use of Makoto as a collateral. Her long hair, her large chest and her aggressive personality give her a lot of points. Let's give her four rounds of aplause.

In seventh place, with 10 votes, we have the Red Erofu, Lucy J. Walker ! She is a thirsty predator that will not miss a chance on attacking Makoto. You can see that she has grown a lot if you look at the cover of volume 7 of the LN. Let's give five rounds of applause for her growth ! Her growth as a mage of course ! What were you even thinking !?

In sixth place, with 17 votes, we have the "Task Failed Successfully" Holy Maiden, Anna ! Awakened with the power of love, she was able to defeat Iblis. She looks like princess Noel, therefore, she has one of the biggest melons in the series.
    Before Makoto left in the past, she made some unknown promise. On top of that, the author wrote that she will definitely have a happy end and will write an after story about her. Therefore, she is definitely a winning heroine ! Let's give her six of applause !

In fifth place, with 27 votes, we have the Moonlight Heroine, Furiae Naia Laphroaig ! She is one of the heroines with the most character development. Her beautiful appearance is making a lot of readers dreaming. Every casual gestures of her is alluring. On top of that, she is unexpectedly innocent and is a fluttering maiden in love. What could you possibly ask more from her ? Let's give her seven rounds of applause and some time alone with Makoto in a place where no one could find them. Nothing wrong could possibly happen, right ?

In fourth place, with 32 votes, we have the Ice Sculpture Princess, Sofia Eir Rozes ! She is the legal wife of Makoto. A hard working princess and a kuudere. Despite looking prim and proper, she is unexpectedly perverted. Therefore, let's have Makoto synchronizing with her with his insane water magic proficiency ! She will definitely love it !

In third place, with 51 votes, we have the number 1 beauty of the Divine Realm, Noah-sama. Almost everything Makoto did was for her sake. In the past, according to the Titan Old Man, in the epilogue of the LN volume 1, Noah used to treat her followers like nothing more than a bunch of feathers. However, Makoto is definitely special in the eyes of Noah. According to her, Makoto is the greatest Apostle ever. Moreover, for the Titan Old Man, it was the first time Noah was making such a happy voice when she was talking about Makoto. It was to the point he was wondering if Noah was in love with her believer...
    Anyways, let's give her nine rounds of applause and a bouquet of flowers !

In second place, with 62 votes, we have the Divine Disappointment, Ira-chan ! This loli managed to defeat Noah this time.

Ira's chemistry with Makoto is unmatched. She gets along so well with him to the point they are flirting every time they interact. At this point, readers would all think "Just get married already !"
    Her clumsiness is what makes her one of the cutest girl in this WN. Seeing her doing her best despite being so clumsy is adorable.

Even Makoto isn't immune to her cuteness... Moreover, she often invades his personal space and has a lot of skinship with him. What a sly Goddess. She is unfairly cute. Her cuteness makes it impossible to hate her. Let's give this loli a whole lot of cute plushies and a whole lot of headpats !

The title of the "Best Girl" belongs to the one who exceeded everyone's expectations and surpassed every girl in this poll. This best girl saw her heroine power skyrocketed in the epilogue of arc 10. With all those informations, you probably already know it.

Here is the winner of the Second Holy Waifu War, with 80 votes, the White Great Sage Momo-chan !

The author made a whole arc just to write this specific chapter, which shows her importance.

Momo-chan faithfully waited 1,000 years for the return of Makoto. She was able to endure 1,000 years of solitude for the sake of reuniting with the man she loves. Saying that her devotion is worthy of praise would be an understatement. Her love truly knows no bounds. Let's give her Makoto's blood, hugs, and a whole lot of headpats ! She definitely deserves it !

1. Momo (80 votes/ 27.40%)
    2. Ira (62 votes/ 21.23%)
    3. Noah (51 votes/ 17.47%)
    4. Sofia (32 votes/ 10.96%)
    5. Furiae (27 votes/ 9.25%)
    6. Anna (17 votes/ 5.82%)
    7. Lucy (10 votes/ 3.42 %)
    8. Janet (4 votes / 1.37%)
    9. Athena, Aya, Dia, Mel (tied at 2 votes/ 0.68% each)
    10. Mary (1 vote / 0.34%)
    11. Eir (0 votes/ 0%)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    deadonthespot06 and Aean like this.
  20. Zakoo

Zakoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sukebe sofia returned, they are all thinking she is the most pure because of her upbringing and tsuntsun face but her spirit is as fierce as a lioness, and she is ready to devour her prey as instructed by her goddess.

Makoto is done for, only a wet carpet without energy will be left once the typhoon inside the carriage ended

Anyway, this arc being the last is true ? There is so much question unanswered, is this arc going to be 3 years or what

Last edited: May 25, 2021